• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

CM PUNK

ILD

Very Well-Known
This has been doing the rounds on Facebook and places. The 'fans' are loving it and hoping it might breathe new live into the sport. Some calling it the best promo ever. Also theories on whether it was a shoot or work (apparently that means off the cuff or scripted I think).

CM Punk Shoot On RAW 06/27/2011

Steve Austin: “@CMPunk just melted my 52 inch TV with a scorching hot promo…delivery, content, and attitude…one of the best promos I’ve ever seen.”

It's okay I guess. I think it is definitely a work though. A work is when an interview or promo is done as part of the storyline. A shoot is when an interview is done as the person not the character, so everything they are saying is real.

This seems like a work, but he probably believes some of the things he is saying so it gives it a genuine feel, like a shoot.

Hes an absolute star.
In ring, heel or babyface, jobber or star.
Top top talent.

I don't follow it but know enough to know who Punk is but God_23 (who reads rumours on it) was always making a case for Punk being the best in the business at everything.

Rumours * that Vince McMahon cut his mic when he spoke about the anti bullying campaign which some an under the impression this implied it was a shoot. Also would Vince McMahon allow Punk name rival companies on his air time if it was a work? He did mention rival companies that aren't a threat to WWE but still...

*Disclaimer : I read this on youtube or somewhere.

Mr McMahon is an expert at blurring the lines to make works seem like shoots and so on. It was very good though. I have not watched wrestling in a while, mainly because stuff like this was missing. That and it seems like every match now days is a hardcore match with tons of blood.

I may need to start tuning in again.

He's contract is coming to its end and he claims they havent given enough commitment to his character so he was leaving....I reckon this is Vince giving him a free reign to try and persuade him to stay! I love punk! He is the clear best heel in the business since edge retired and the best all rounder at everything else and vince should recognise that! I watch this the other night...first raw i watched live since the one before wrestlemania (which was shit). The writers have a habit of fucking up a good story in the wwe in recent times though...I hope they get this right.....Punk is THE MAN!!

CM Punk is the fucking business.

It's hard to know where this is going, but if he's really not after signing a new contract then you'd think the chances of him being given so much time and being allowed to do a full shoot promo would be slim. He's easily the best heel in the business and it's a crying shame that his potential had been wasted over the last few years, especially given the absolute dross that WWE has been putting out for quite some time now.

[flash=600,400]http://www.youtube.com/v/ZuRjgE19HfM&feature=topvideos_entertainment[/flash]

[flash=600,400]http://www.youtube.com/v/-76nAIkWVf0&feature=related[/flash]

CM Punk won anyway (I watched on the interweb like a big nerd) and is now "out of contract". It'll be interesting to see where this goes.

Back
Top Bottom