• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Confirmed Transfers 19/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yannick Carrasco - Atlético Madrid (loan)

[article]Yannick Carrasco is a new Atlético de Madrid player after our club and Dalian Professional Football Club reached an agreement over the loan of the Belgian until the end of the current season. The forward passed his medical at the Clínica Universidad de Navarra.

Born on Sep. 4, 1993 in Ixelles (Belgium), the talented player made his professional debut at AS Monaco when he was 18 years old. He won the Ligue 2 in 2013 and his strong performances the following season earned him the move to Atleti in 2015.

At our club, he played 124 games on both flanks, netting 23 goals and providing 17 assists. He scored the equaliser in the 2016 Champions League final which sent the game to extra-time. Carrasco also scored the first hat-trick of his career at our club, during the 7-1 win over Granada in the 2016/17 season.

The Belgian moved to China in February 2018, where he’s played for the last two years. There, he has played 52 matches, scoring 24 goals and giving 17 assists.

The 26-year-old has appeared 41 times for Belgium and netted six goals. He made his debut in March 2015 against Cyprus, the same team he faced in his last international game, in which he scored once and provided two assists. He played in the UEFA Euro 2016 and 2018 World Cup – in which his team finished third – with the Red Devils.

A skilful, fast and talented player that knows our team returns to Atleti. He can dribble, score and set his teammates up, making him a threat inside and outside the box.

Welcome back, Yannick! [/article]

Francisco Trincao - Barcelona ( €26m plus add ons up to €5m)

Cedric Soares - Arsenal (6 mth loan for reportedly £5m incl. wages)

[article]Portuguese defender Cedric Soares is to join us on loan until the end of the season.

The 28 year-old moves to north London from Southampton, where he has made more than 100 appearances since joining the south coast club in 2015.

Cedric started his career at Portuguese club Sporting Lisbon, developing through the youth ranks before making his first team debut in the Portuguese Primeira League at the age of 19.

An experienced international, Cedric has made 33 appearances for his country. He featured in the 2018 World Cup and was also part of the Portugal squad that won Euro 2016.

During his career, the defender has also had spells on loan at Academica in Portugal and Inter Milan in Italy.

Technical director Edu said: “Cedric is a defender with good experience of the Premier League, and of course at international level. He is another strong addition to our defensive unit who will provide our squad with quality. I know he is a player who plays with absolute full commitment and energy. We are all looking forward to going into the last stages of the season with Cedric as part of the club.”

The deal is subject to the completion of regulatory processes.[/article]

Last edited:
Jacob Bruun Larsen - Hoffenheim (€14m)

Harold Moukoudi - Middlesbrough (loan)

[article]The club are delighted to confirm the signing of AS Saint Etienne centre back Harold Moukoudi on loan until the end of the season.

The 22-year-old Cameroon international became our fourth signing of the January transfer window, making the Teesside switch on deadline day.

Boro head coach Jonathan Woodgate said: “We’re delighted to bring Harold in to the club. He’s a player we’ve been keeping an eye on and it’s a real coup that we’ve been able to bring him here.

“He’s a unit of a defender, a real big, strong lad, and he’s a quality player. He’s still young, but he has plenty of experience, having played in the top division in France, in the Europa League, and also for Cameroon.

"He’ll be a very important addition to our squad and will really increase the competition we have for places."

Moukoudi began his career with Le Havre where he made 63 appearances and scored six goals for the Normandy-based side, and was a regular feature at the back for them.

The former French Youth international signed for Saint Etienne last summer, and played at the Riverside against Boro in pre-season in a 1-1 draw.

Moukoudi has played 16 times for Saint Etienne this season, and has featured in their Europa League campaign.[/article]

Last edited:
Steven Nzonzi - Stade Rennais (6 mth loan with option to extend for another season)

[article]
The club can confirm that midfielder Steven Nzonzi has joined French club Stade Rennais on loan for the remainder of the season.

The deal, which runs until 30 June 2020, includes an option for it to be extended for another season.

Nzonzi spent the first half of the season on loan at Turkish club Galatasaray.

The World Cup winner joined the Giallorossi in the summer of 2018, going on to make 39 appearances for the club.
[/article]

Noah Okafo - Red Bull Salzburg

Emre Can - Borussia Dortmund (loan with obligation to buy for €23m)

Last edited:
Ianis Hagi - Rangers (loan with option to buy)

[article]RANGERS are today delighted to announce Ianis Hagi has joined the club on loan from Genk until the end of the season, subject to international clearance, with the Light Blues having an exclusive option to buy.

Hagi, 21, is a Romanian attacking midfielder who already has 10 full international caps to his name, after featuring for his country through every age group.

Ianis impressed greatly at last summer’s Euro under-21 Championships in Italy where he netted twice and came up against new Ibrox teammate Niko Katic as they reached the semi finals of the competition.

He began his career at Viitorul Constanta in his native Romania under the management of father Gheorghe – who, of course, is a legend of Romanian football – and he was named Romanian Young Player of the Year in 2015.

He won a move to Serie A Fiorentina in 2016, before returning to Viitorul in 2018, and helped them claim the Romanian Cup last season. Indeed, in 31 appearances in 2018/19, he netted 10 times for his club.

His next move was to Belgian Champions Genk in summer 2019. To date there, he has made 19 appearances – with that including five Champions League group stage appearances against Liverpool, Salzburg and Napoli.

Speaking to RangersTV, Ianis said: “It is a great honour to play at such a huge club with a lot of history and I am looking forward to meeting everyone in the club and I can’t wait for the first training session.

“Being in such a huge club and having this mentality of winning every game made me take this decision and I am really happy.

Gers boss Steven Gerrard said: ”We are delighted to be able to add Ianis to the squad of players for the second half of the season.

Sporting Director Ross Wilson added: “It’s fantastic to welcome Ianis to Rangers and we are all looking forward to him joining up with the rest of the squad and we are sure our fans will give him a warm welcome.

“This deal has been structured in such a way that it works for us now and gives us options for the future.”[/article]

spend.jpg

Roger Schmidt - PSV (Head Coach)

[article]PSV have appointed Roger Schmidt as head coach on a two-year deal. The 52-old German will take over as PSV boss at the start of the new season to replace Ernest Faber. PSV’s current interim head coach will again take up the role of Head of the PSV Academy this summer. “Roger Schmidt was always our first choice for the manager’s job and we are delighted to announce that he is joining our club as head coach”, says PSV Director of Football John de Jong.

One vision
Schmidt, who has a wealth of managerial experience and PSV have had extensive conversations the past few months. “Ever since the first conversation, I got a really good feeling”, says Schmidt. “Of course I had taken a professional interest in the club, but I had no specific knowledge of their footballing philosophy. But I got a clear picture of the way PSV operate during the conversations with Toon Gerbrands and John de Jong and I realised that we share the same long-term vision and the same mission. We depend on and trust each other. No information about our meetings has leaked out until we put pen to paper on the contract. I think it says a lot about the way people at PSV get along with each other. For me, trust and confidence are crucial ingredients for a successful cooperation.”

Challenge
Schmidt watched all the PSV games the past few months and was in the Johan Cruyff ArenA when Ajax hosted PSV. “The Dutch Eredivisie is part of the challenge I have found at PSV. I have always been captivated by the charm of Dutch football and I am really looking forward to exploring a new environment. PSV fully support the style of play I have in mind. And I fully support PSV’s wish to win silverware. My team always go out to win the game.”

Co-operate
John de Jong obviously shares Schmidt’s good feelings. “As a club you will look for a head coach who fits the profile that we have drawn up together”, continues De Jong. “At PSV, we like to stick with a particular play of style. We like to dominate all over the pitch and that’s what Roger also looks to achieve. When I was a scout for PSV, I was always impressed when I saw Red Bull Salzburg and Bayer Leverkusen in action. The determination to go at their opponents was brilliant. Roger won the domestic double with Red Bull Salzburg in 2014, won the Chinese Cup and led Bayer Leverkusen to third and fourth place in the Bundesliga. He has an excellent CV after having gained a fine wealth of experience, including Champions League football. At PSV, we like to co-operate and help each other and Roger’s way of working is fully in line with ours.”

The best young talents
PSV and Schmidt are also on the same wavelength as far as offering a pathway to first team football to the best young talents is concerned. John de Jong: “We invest a lot in the youth academy and we think it is of great importance that a head coach takes the academy and promising young players seriously. Roger also has a great track record in that respect. Liverpool winger Sadio Mané has hailed his former boss Roger Schmidt as a key figure in his development at Red Bull Salzburg. Schmidt shows faith in young players and handed Kai Havertz his Bundeliga debut for Bayer Leverkusen at the age of sixteen. Other promising German youngsters, including Henrichs, Tah and Brandt, were called up to represent Germany at youth level after Schmidt had given them a chance to shine in the Bundesliga. Quality rather than age is PSV’s motto as well as Roger ‘s.

Focus
PSV and Roger Schmidt have agreed not to unveil the new head coach at a press conference today. “I want Ernest Faber and his players to fully focus on the upcoming games”, explains Schmidt. “They are having a good run of form and I don’t want to disturb them.”

Coaching staff
One assistant will join Roger Schmidt’s coaching staff in Eindhoven: 44-year-old Jörn Wolf who was his assistant with Bayer Leverkusen and Beijing Guoan in China.
[/article]

Bruno Labbadia - Hertha BSC (Head Coach)

[article]Berlin – Bruno Labbadia is Hertha BSC’s new head coach. The 54-year-old has replaced Alexander Norui, who had taken charge of the team for four games after Jürgen Klinsmann’s sudden departure. “I would like to thank Alex Nouri, Markus Feldhoff and Werner Leuthard for taking over at such short notice after Jürgen Klinsmann left the club,” said sporting director Michael Preetz. “We had already agreed that we would find a new head coach for the summer, however due to the coronavirus, we have experienced a similar style of break of the season to the summer break. As a result, we saw a chance to prepare ourselves for the possible resumption of the season with our new manager. It’s now clear who will coach the side next season.”

Work to begin after Easter for Labbadia

Bruno Labbadia will take charge of training for the first time on Monday (13/4/20) as the team start preparing for the final nine league matches. “Bruno is someone who has spent many years as a player and coach in the Bundesliga, so he knows the league in great detail. He has proven that he can stabilise teams and guide them up the table. He shares our idea of playing attacking football and his ambition and goals match those of Hertha BSC. We are pleased that he chosen to join the club. I could sense his excitement and passion for the club in the conversations that we had,” summarised Preetz.

Hertha’s new coach cannot wait to get started. “My team and I are really excited for this new challenge. Hertha BSC is a club with a clear, ambitious plan for the future. We are pleased to be a part of these plans and the growth of this football club. We have a lot of work ahead us, and we’ll get underway on Monday as best we can, as we will still be following the guidelines set.”

Changes to the coaching team

Labbadia’s long-term assistant Edrinc ‘Eddy’ Sözer, Olaf Janßen and fitness coach Günter Kern will be part of his coaching team. Goalkeeping coach Zsolt Petry as well as fitness coaches Henrik Kuchno and Hendrik Vieth will remain in their existing roles. Labbadia is set to be introduced at a press conference on Monday (13/4/20).[/article]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom