• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Confirmed Transfers 20/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Binny

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member
Danel Sinani - Norwich (free transfer)

[article]Norwich City have agreed a deal with Luxembourg international forward Danel Sinani.

Sinani has signed a pre-contract agreement with the club which will see him join the Canaries from Luxembourg side F91 Dudelange ahead of the 2020-21 campaign.

The 23-year-old has signed a three-year contract at Norwich that will run through to the summer of 2023.

Sinani has an impressive goal-scoring record throughout the current season, netting 14 goals in 16 league games.

Sinani has won the national title in Luxembourg for each of the last two seasons and caught the eye in this season’s UEFA Europa League, scoring four goals in group stage matches against APOEL Nicosia and Sevilla.

Born in Belgrade, Serbia, the forward started his senior playing career at RFCU Luxembourg back in 2014, before joining his current club Dudelange in July 2017.

His agreement to join the Canaries will be the first time Sinani plays professional football outside of Luxembourg.

Speaking exclusively to canaries.co.uk, Sinani said: “Norwich is a very big club with many good players. I will try to do my best and try to continue to hopefully score goals and to help the team to get in a high position.

“I’ve heard a lot of good things about Norwich City and I’m really excited to join you guys in the summer.

“For me, the most important thing in our situation is that you’re keeping well and keeping safe.”

Head Coach Daniel Farke said: “We’re all happy that we’re able to sign Danel. He’s a young player full of potential.

“He’s pretty interesting because he can play more or less all offensive positions. He also has great ability in terms of end product, scoring many goals and delivering many assists.

“Luxembourg is a completely different level so we will need to give him some time, but he has proven he can deliver in the Europa League. It’s a sign of our way that we give interesting talents the chance to impress.”[/article]

Pape Gueye - Watford (free transfer)

[article]Watford FC is delighted to confirm the signing of French midfielder Pape Gueye.

The 6ft 2ins 21-year-old – who has featured already for France at both Under-18 and Under-19 levels – signed a five-year deal with the Hornets, effective from July 1.

With Gueye's current deal at France Ligue 2 side Le Havre expiring this summer, an official agreement has already been lodged with all relevant authorities.[/article]

A bit messy this

Bruno Cheyrou - Olympique Lyonnais (Head of Recruitment)

[article]
Bruno Cheyrou, 42, becomes the new Head of Recruitment for Olympique Lyonnais, a role in which he will succeed Florian Maurice.

The former midfielder does not find himself in unfamiliar territory, having played under Gérard Houllier in Liverpool. He also rubbed shoulders with Juninho at the Center for Law and Economics of Sport in Limoges (CDES) where they obtained the UEFA MIP (Executive Master for International Players) together.

Bruno Cheyrou therefore arrives at OL with a solid reputation, an established network and a recognized reputation. In particular, he had casually suggested the name of Memphis Depay to the management of Olympique Lyonnais.
[/article]

Ianis Hagi - Rangers (£3m)

[article]RANGERS can confirm that Ianis Hagi has agreed to join the club on a permanent, long term deal, with the Light Blues having negotiated their option to buy.

Full Romanian International, Hagi, 21, featured for Rangers on 12 occasions, scoring three goals including a memorable brace in the Europa League v Braga to take Rangers to the last 16 as well as a winner against Hibernian. During his spell, Hagi was able to make a significant impact in front of the Ibrox faithful.

Hagi has established himself as a senior international with 10 caps, having risen through the under age ranks of Romania. Twice nominated for the European Golden Boy, Hagi is seen as one of the most exciting young talents in European football. Hagi starred in the UEFA European Under-21 Championship, scoring against Croatia and England, helping Romania progress to the semi finals.

Ianis quickly established himself as a fan favourite in his short loan spell at Ibrox. He will join up with Steven Gerrard’s squad when the team return for pre-season training ahead of finally completing the transfer when the summer window opens.

Sporting Director, Ross Wilson, commented, “We are delighted that Ianis has chosen to continue his career at Rangers. I have had numerous conversations with Ianis and his representatives and he made it clear that continuing with Rangers was his absolute focus.

“He is not only a huge talent but also a top young professional who is determined to be successful. We are sure our investment in him will be an effective one as we believe in his ability now whilst also being excited that at 21 years old there is significantly more development to come from him. When Ianis arrived in January we quickly developed a strong relationship with him and I know how much Steven and the coaches enjoy working with him every day.

“The formality of the transfer won’t complete until the transfer window opens but we look forward to welcoming Ianis back to Glasgow in the next few weeks alongside the rest of the first team squad. Finally, I thank KRC Genk for their openness, flexibility and creativity in all of our discussions.

“We secured an exclusive option in January and in recent weeks we have worked with Genk to find a new solution that works for everyone now, given how much the world has changed in the last few months.”

First Team Manager, Steven Gerrard said, “Ianis is recognised throughout Europe as a young, exciting player so to have him join Rangers on a permanent basis is great news.

“I was able to develop a relationship with Ianis very quickly, he is a pleasure to coach as he is willing to learn and become better every training session. He has already experienced the pressure and expectation of Ibrox, I know he is ready for next season.”

Ianis Hagi underlined his delight at joining Rangers on a permanent deal, “I am excited about re-joining the squad for pre-season and putting on the famous shirt once again. There was interest from other clubs, but my priority was always to return to Glasgow and play for Rangers.

“I really enjoyed my loan spell at Ibrox and look forward to playing in front of our fans very soon, but for now I hope all of the Rangers fans and your families are staying safe and well.”[/article]

Mauro Icardi - Paris Saint-Germain (€50m plus add ons up to €7m)

[article]Paris Saint-Germain are delighted to announce the signing of Mauro Icardi on a permanent deal, following the striker’s loan from Inter Milan during the 2019-2020 season.

The 27-year-old Argentina international (8 caps), who also holds an Italian passport, has signed a four-year deal with the capital club until 30 June 2024.

The Rosario-born player is the 16th Argentinian player in the history of Paris Saint-Germain, and has made 31 appearances for the Rouge et Bleu in the 2019-2020 season, picking up a Ligue 1 winner’s medal, scoring 20 goals and providing 4 assists.[/article]

Calvin Bassey - Rangers (free transfer)

[article]
RANGERS are delighted to announce the pre-contract signing of Calvin Bassey from Leicester City.

The highly-rated 20-year-old defender has made the decision to join the Gers on a four-year-deal with Rangers paying training compensation to Leicester after Bassey decided to make the switch from the Midlands across the border to Scotland.

Italian-born Bassey, who can play as a left back or centre back, is also eligible for Nigeria and England, and will officially become a Ranger when the transfer window opens.

Speaking about his new signing, manager Steven Gerrard said: “There was a lot of clubs interested in Calvin and for us it’s pleasing to secure the services of another young talent.

“He’s a strong and dynamic athlete who is very much the modern day full back. He will develop further and we are excited to have made another strong addition to our group.

“He’s left-footed, physically powerful and enjoys driving forward and is certainly equipped to thrive in the combative nature of Scottish football. We continue to look ahead to next season and Calvin is another positive addition as we continue to build the strength and depth of our squad.”

Sporting Director, Ross Wilson underlined his delight at securing the signing, adding: “Calvin has a really bright future and we are pleased to have attracted him to Rangers.

“The scouting staff identified him at the end of last year and Steven and I have been tracking his situation extensively since then. His ability to play as a full back and centre back will provide us with new depth defensively and doing that was one of our primary targets for this summer.

“He is a young man bursting with enthusiasm and positivity and I know how excited he is to be continuing his journey under the guidance of Steven and the staff.”

Calvin Bassey commented: “I am delighted to join Rangers and secure my future at a club of such stature. When I entered talks with Rangers, I knew this club was right for me. Of course I am thankful for everything Leicester has done for me and I am now very excited about working under Steven Gerrard and his coaching team to continue my progression.

“I have heard about the amazing atmosphere at Ibrox. I can’t wait to start pre-season and take my career to the next level in the famous blue Rangers jersey.”
[/article]

Ianis Hagi - Rangers (£3m)

[article]RANGERS can confirm that Ianis Hagi has agreed to join the club on a permanent, long term deal, with the Light Blues having negotiated their option to buy.

Full Romanian International, Hagi, 21, featured for Rangers on 12 occasions, scoring three goals including a memorable brace in the Europa League v Braga to take Rangers to the last 16 as well as a winner against Hibernian. During his spell, Hagi was able to make a significant impact in front of the Ibrox faithful.

Hagi has established himself as a senior international with 10 caps, having risen through the under age ranks of Romania. Twice nominated for the European Golden Boy, Hagi is seen as one of the most exciting young talents in European football. Hagi starred in the UEFA European Under-21 Championship, scoring against Croatia and England, helping Romania progress to the semi finals.

Ianis quickly established himself as a fan favourite in his short loan spell at Ibrox. He will join up with Steven Gerrard’s squad when the team return for pre-season training ahead of finally completing the transfer when the summer window opens.

Sporting Director, Ross Wilson, commented, “We are delighted that Ianis has chosen to continue his career at Rangers. I have had numerous conversations with Ianis and his representatives and he made it clear that continuing with Rangers was his absolute focus.

“He is not only a huge talent but also a top young professional who is determined to be successful. We are sure our investment in him will be an effective one as we believe in his ability now whilst also being excited that at 21 years old there is significantly more development to come from him. When Ianis arrived in January we quickly developed a strong relationship with him and I know how much Steven and the coaches enjoy working with him every day.

“The formality of the transfer won’t complete until the transfer window opens but we look forward to welcoming Ianis back to Glasgow in the next few weeks alongside the rest of the first team squad. Finally, I thank KRC Genk for their openness, flexibility and creativity in all of our discussions.

“We secured an exclusive option in January and in recent weeks we have worked with Genk to find a new solution that works for everyone now, given how much the world has changed in the last few months.”

First Team Manager, Steven Gerrard said, “Ianis is recognised throughout Europe as a young, exciting player so to have him join Rangers on a permanent basis is great news.

“I was able to develop a relationship with Ianis very quickly, he is a pleasure to coach as he is willing to learn and become better every training session. He has already experienced the pressure and expectation of Ibrox, I know he is ready for next season.”

Ianis Hagi underlined his delight at joining Rangers on a permanent deal, “I am excited about re-joining the squad for pre-season and putting on the famous shirt once again. There was interest from other clubs, but my priority was always to return to Glasgow and play for Rangers.

“I really enjoyed my loan spell at Ibrox and look forward to playing in front of our fans very soon, but for now I hope all of the Rangers fans and your families are staying safe and well.”[/article]

How are Ranger affording this? Are they going to bankrupt themselves again?

Juan Manuel Lillo - Man City (Assistant Coach)

[article]
Manchester City are delighted to announce that Juan Manuel Lillo has joined Pep Guardiola’s backroom staff as assistant coach.

The 54-year old Spaniard, who established his coaching career in the Spanish leagues, joins from Qingdao Huanghai, having helped the Club be crowned Chinese League One champions and so helping them achieve promotion to the Super League.

Once the youngest coach in La Liga history
, Lillo has managed a number of world class talents during his career, including Andres Iniesta, David Villa and Yaya Toure.

He also managed City boss Pep Guardiola towards the latter end of his playing career, during their shared time in Mexico at Dorados de Sinaloa.

Lillo said: “I am delighted to have joined Manchester City’s coaching staff.

“My relationship with Pep goes back many years and I am thrilled to be joining him as part of this exciting team.

“Manchester City has enjoyed much success over recent seasons and played a brand of beautiful football we have come to expect from this club and its manager.

“It’s a pleasure to become a part of this group and I hope to make an important contribution to the club’s success going forwards.”

Director of Football Txiki Begiristain added: “We are delighted to welcome Juanma to Manchester City.

“His vast experience working across three continents and with some of the most famous names in world football will be an invaluable asset to Pep and his team.

“We look forward to him playing a vital role as we return to football.”

[/article]

Pedro Chirivella - Nantes (free transfer)

[article]Pedro Chirivella has agreed a move to Nantes after rejecting the chance to extend his Liverpool career.

Chirivella has penned a three-year deal with the French side and will officially make the switch when his contract with the Reds expires at the end of the month.

The 23-year-old, who has been at Liverpool for almost seven years having been snapped up from Valencia for £2million in July 2013, was offered a five-year deal by the European and world champions.

But the player's desire for regular first-team football has seen him move to Nantes, where he has been handed the number five shirt.

Chirivella made 11 senior appearances for Liverpool over a period of almost five years.

The Spaniard was given his debut by Brendan Rodgers in the Europa League game in Bordeaux in September 2015, and made another four outings under Jurgen Klopp later that season.

He went three years without a senior game for the Reds - taking in loan spells at Go Ahead Eagles, Willem II and Extremadura in the meantime - before emerging as a substitute in the League Cup wins over MK Dons and Arsenal this season.

Chirivella then captained the side in the quarter-final defeat in the competition at Aston Villa, and impressed in the FA Cup third round victory over Everton while also starting both games against Shrewsbury Town in the fourth round.[/article]

Mario Pasalic - Atalanta (€15m)

[article]
Atalanta have officially activated their option to purchase Mario Pasalic from Chelsea for €15m, announced the club.

The midfielder had been in Bergamo on loan since July 2018 at a cost of €2.5m, so the full cost of the operation is €17.5m.

“Mario Pasalic stays with us! Our #88 is an Atalanta player on a permanent basis!” read a tweet from the Atalanta website.

The 25-year-old Croatia international was purchased by Chelsea from Hajduk Split in 2014 for €2.5m, but then went on a series of loan spells with Elche, Monaco, Milan, Spartak Moscow and now Atalanta.

He has really found his form in Bergamo, contributing seven goals and seven assists in 33 competitive games this season.

Atalanta are currently fourth in Serie A and have reached the Champions League quarter-finals.
[/article]

Jon McLaughlin - Rangers (free transfer)

[article]
RANGERS are delighted to announce the signing of Scotland international goalkeeper Jon McLaughlin.

The 32 year-old has chosen to join the Gers on a two-year-deal after deciding to leave Sunderland.

Following his time at Hearts, the international stopper has returned to Scotland after a successful spell in League 1. Standing at 6ft 3inches tall, McLaughlin is an imposing figure who provides further strength and depth to Steven Gerrard’s first-team squad.

Having made over 400 professional appearances, McLaughlin brings experience and leadership to the Light Blues squad.

Speaking about his new signing, manager Steven Gerrard said: “Jon is a vastly experienced professional who will add strength and depth to our squad.

“He is here to compete for the number one shirt and will add much needed competition for places. He was involved in playoffs with Sunderland and will thrive on the pressurised environment at Ibrox.

“His experience in the SPFL will stand by him as he continues to fight for a place in the Scotland squad.”

Sporting Director Ross Wilson underlined his delight at securing the signing, adding: “Jon joins Rangers with excellent experience. For the past seven seasons he has been present in almost every game, displaying a huge consistency of performance that is so important for a Rangers goalkeeper.

“He will provide strong competition to the outstanding Allan McGregor and we know that Jon’s character, personality and professionalism will be important for the group for at least the next two years.”

McLaughlin commented: “It’s a very proud moment for myself and for the family. It is great to be back up here in Scotland and we are very proud to have made the deal happen and I am really looking forward to now getting back to football and starting my next chapter here with an amazing football club.

“Knowing the club already, and what a massive club it is and what a huge opportunity it could be, and speaking with the manager and his staff, and knowing the vision and the direction they have got, and what they are trying to achieve here, and the opportunity to be a part of that and hopefully be a part of something special here was what sold it to me.”
[/article]

Neil Warnock - Middlesbrough (Manager)

[article]
Neil Warnock arrives at Rockliffe boasting a wealth of experience in the game including a record eight promotion successes as a manager.

Boro becomes the 17th stopping point for the 71-year-old, who first cut his managerial teeth at Gainsborough Trinity back in 1980.

The first of his eight promotions came in 1987 when he guided Scarborough into the Football League. Two more followed at Notts County when he guided them from the third tier to the top division in successive seasons and he also oversaw success at Huddersfield Town and Plymouth Argyle.

He enjoyed an eight-year stint at his boyhood club Sheffield United that culminated in him leading the Blades back to the Premier League in 2006, where they stayed for one season before Warnock resigned after they were controversially relegated.

His next job saw him save Crystal Palace from relegation to the third tier, but he was soon back on the promotion trail, leading Queens Park Rangers to the Premier League.

His most recent success came at Cardiff City where he led the Bluebirds to the Premier League in 2018.
[/article]

[article]
Neil Warnock has been joined at the club by two of his long-standing trusted lieutenants.

Kevin Blackwell and Ronnie Jepson are reunited with Warnock at Rockliffe, the trio having recently worked together at Cardiff.

The pairing both have a long association with the club’s new manager, having played for him before joining his coaching staff in later years.

The 61-year-old Blackwell, a former goalkeeper with over 400 career appearances, was assistant to Warnock to Sheffield United before he followed his own career in management that saw him take Leeds United to within touching distance of a Premier League return in 2006.

Blackwell also managed Luton, Sheffield United, and Bury before rejoining Warnock at Queens Park Rangers in 2015.

The 57-year-old Jepson was a prolific striker in a playing a career that included 36 goals a century of starts for Huddersfield Town during Warnock’s tenure as manager of the club.

Jepson, who had stints in charge of Gillingham and Bury, first worked on Warnock’s staff at Crystal Palace before joining him for spells at QPR, Leeds, Rotherham, and Cardiff City.

The duo are joining Leo Percovich and goalkeeping coach Danny Coyne on the first team staff at Boro.
[/article]

Thomas Meunier - Dortmund (free transfer)

[article]
Bundesliga side Borussia Dortmund have signed Belgian international Thomas Meunier for the 2020/21 season. The 28-year-old is making the move from French champions Paris St. Germain and has signed a contract with BVB until 30 June 2024.

"Thomas Meunier is a player who has proven his quality at the highest level, among other things in the Champions League and in the national team, over a long period of time and will give us a real boost with his experience," said sporting director Michael Zorc.

Meunier started his professional career at Club Brugge, where he won the Belgian league and cup. In 2016, he moved to Paris St. Germain in France. With the top French club, Meunier won the cup twice (2017, 2018) and the league three times (2018, 2019, 2020). The defender has made 17 appearances in the UEFA Champions League (3 goals), most recently in the last-16 game against Borussia Dortmund. The Belgian international, who will move to the Strobelallee on a free transfer, brings the experience of 40 international matches (7 goals) to BVB.

"Borussia Dortmund play exactly the type of football I want to play: exciting, authentic and natural. BVB are known for their enthusiastic fans, and the atmosphere during the match with Paris at the SIGNAL IDUNA PARK influenced my decision if I'm honest. I am ambitious and I want to win titles with Dortmund, as if have done in Brugge and Paris," said Meunier, who will link up his national teammates Axel Witsel and Thorgan Hazard at Borussia Dortmund.
[/article]

Simone Muratore - Atalanta (€7m)

[article]
Juventus Football Club S.p.A. announces that an agreement with Atalanta B.C. S.p.A. for the definitive disposal of the registration rights of the player Simone Muratore has been reached for a consideration of € 7 million payable in four financial years.

The economic effect is positive for about € 6.8 million, net of auxiliary expenses.
[/article]

[article]The 22-year-old came up through Juve’s youth system and has been a regular for their Under-23 team in the last two seasons.

He can also play in central defence but has just one minute of first-team football for the Old Lady under his belt.

His alleged transfer fee has raised a few eyebrows, much in the same way Juve raised around €80m from selling Stefano Sturaro, Alberto Cerri, Rolando Mandragora, Emil Audero and Riccardo Orsolini in each of the last two years.

As spotted by some eagle-eyed rival supporters, his valuation on esteemed transfer website Transfermarkt sits at just €125,000.

[/article]

Miralem Pjanic - Barcelona (€60m + add ons up to €5m)

[article]
FC Barcelona and Juventus have reached an agreement for the transfer of player Miralem Pjanić. The cost of the operation will be 60 million euros plus 5m in variables.

The player will sign a contract with the club for the next four seasons, until the end of the 2023/24 season, with a buy out clause of 400 million euros.

The player will remain with Juventus until the 2019/20 season is over.

Born on 2 April, 1990 in Tuzla (Bosnia and Herzegovina), Miralem Pjanić is a versatile player who after becoming a key member of the Juventus squad is joining Barça to show his quality in midfield. He began his career in French football at Metz in 2007. Despite relegation, the midfielder had an excellent season and subsequently made the move to Olympique Lyonnais. Pjanić then began to make a name for himself in the world of football and became an essential member of the French side, helping them reach the semi-finals of the Champions League for the first time in their history during the 2009/10 season.

After playing 115 games and scoring 16 goals he headed for Italy, where he joined AS Roma in 2011. During 5 seasons and 200 games he scored 30 goals and gave 40 assists before signing for Juventus in 2016. In Turin he once again showed his maturing talent and became a vital cog in one of the best club side's in the world, winning Serie A three times, as well as two Coppa Italia and one Italian Super Cup with la Vecchia Signora.

Pjanić played for the Luxembourg national side at youth level but at senior level he chose to represent Bosnia and Herzegovina. He is the 3rd most capped player in their history (92 games) and the 6th best goalscorer (15) and played at the 2014 World Cup and could figure in the Euro2020 competition next summer if Bosnia and Herzegovina can make it through the play offs.

Pjanic has played in every midfield position, whether that be as an attacking midfielder at Metz or in a slightly deeper role at Olympique Lyonnais and Roma. His ability to join attacks whilst coming from deep as well as his excellent free kick taking abilities have seen him score his fair share of goals. Furthermore, his technical quality, vision of the game and commitment make him one of the best midfielders in football today.[/article]

Doesn't seem like Barcelona are improving in terms of recruitment.

Tobias Strobl - Augsburg (free transfer)

Daniel Caligiuri - Augsburg (free transfer)

Rafał Gikiewicz - Augsburg (free transfer)

Arthur - Juventus (€72m + add ons up to €10m )

[article]Juventus Football Club S.p.A. announces that these agreements have been finalised with FC Barcelona:

A definitive acquisition of the registration rights of the player Arthur Henrique Ramos De Oliveira Melo for a consideration of € 72 million payable in four financial years. The purchase value may increase of maximum € 10 million on achieving given conditions during the course of the contract. Juventus and the player have signed a 5-year contract of employment valid until 30 June 2025.

A definitive disposal of the registration rights of the player Miralem Pjanić for a consideration of € 60 million payable in four financial years. The consideration may increase of further € 5 million on achieving given conditions during the course of the contract. The economic effect is positive for about € 41.8 million, net of solidarity contribution and auxiliary expenses.[/article]

Really odd transfer/swap deal that. Any idea what's going on there?

Also, can these players play in the current season for their new teams?

All to do with how they book in the income. Swiss Ramble on Twitter covered this.

If UEFA don't crack down on this kind of stuff quickly, transfers driven by creative accounting will become the norm.

Another dodgy 'swap' deal like the Pjanic-Arthur one?

Pablo Moreno - Man City (€10m)

Felix Correia - Juventus (€10.5m)

Stephy Mavididi - Montpellier (€6.3m)

[article]
Juventus have officially sold striker Stephy Mavididi to French side HSC Montpellier for €6.3m, while Felix Correia arrives from Manchester City in exchange for Pablo Moreno.

Mavididi had spent this season in France on loan to Dijon, but could not agree personal terms for an extension.

It had seemed this morning as if the move to Montpellier had collapsed, with Atalanta or Lille stepping in.

However, Juve released a statement this evening confirming he had completed the transfer.

The sale is worth €6.3m, payable over three instalments.

This operation generates a positive economic effect of circa €4m for Juventus.

At the same time, Juve also announced an exchange deal with Manchester City.

Felix Correia arrives for €10.5m and the player has signed a five-year contract.

In turn, former Barcelona forward Moreno has made the move to Manchester City for €10m.

This generates a profit of €7.6m for the Bianconeri, who picked Moreno up as a free agent.

[/article]

Check out the Swiss Ramble on Twitter mate. He explains why these deals are done rather than as a swap.

Check out the Swiss Ramble on Twitter mate. He explains why these deals are done rather than as a swap.
Cheers mate, saw his thread covering the Pjanic-Arthur one.

Have to hand it to Juventus. Moreno, who joined Man City was a free transfer. Signed Mavididi from Arsenal for their B team too.

Isaac Lihadji - Lille

[article]
Manu Lonjon and TF1 report that 18-year-old French youth international winger Isaac Lihadji will complete a move to Lille from Marseille this week.

He is expected to undergo a medical with LOSC in the coming days ahead of putting pen to paper to his first professional contract, which will run for 3 years.
[/article]

Tanguy Nianzou - Bayern (free transfer)

[article]
FC Bayern have completed the signing of Tanguy Nianzou Kouassi. The 18-year-old French youth international joins from Paris Saint-Germain on a contract valid until 30 June 2024. Although his primary position is centre-back, he can play in multiple positions across the defence. As well as French citizenship, the right-footer also possesses an Ivorian passport.

Board member for sport Hasan Salihamidzic: “We’re very happy that we’ve been able to bring Tanguy Nianzou Kouassi to FC Bayern. In our opinion he’s one of the biggest talents in Europe. His best position is central defender, but he can fill several positions. We're sure he'll have a great career in Munich and will strengthen our team.”

Tanguy Nianzou Kouassi: “I’m very happy to be able to play for FC Bayern. It’s a big club, rich in tradition. I really hope I’ll be able to establish myself here and play a lot of matches. For that I’ll work hard.”

Kouassi was born in Paris on 7 June 2002. He joined the PSG academy at the age of 14. He made his professional debut in Ligue 1 in December 2019 and just a few days later he also got his first taste of the Champions League, where he’s now made two appearances. His first start came in January in a 4-1 win against AS Monaco. By the end of the 2019/20 season, which was abandoned due to COVID-19, he had six Ligue 1 appearances to his name. He scored his first two professional goals in a 4-4 draw at SC Amiens, both of them headers. He now joins Bayern as a French champion.

Kouassi has represented his country 12 times at junior level, scoring one goal. He reached the European Championship semi-finals with the France U17 team last summer, where they finished third. Kouassi started every match at the tournament and scored against Spain.

Tanguy Nianzou Kouassi will be officially unveiled as a new signing during a video conference at Säbener Straße on Wednesday. The new board member for sport, Hasan Salihamidžić, will also be answering questions from the media.
[/article]

Leroy Sané - Bayern Munich (€49.2m + add ons )

[article]FC Bayern Munich have signed Leroy Sané from Manchester City, the Germany international’s club since 2016. The 24-year-old has put his name to a five-year contract until 30 June 2025 and will start preparing for the upcoming season in Munich next week.

FC Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge commented: “We’re very happy to welcome Leroy Sané to FC Bayern. He is an outstanding player who has proven his qualities over the past few years, especially in the national team. Our goal is to gather the best German players at FC Bayern and the signing of Leroy emphasises this goal. I would like to congratulate Hasan Salihamidžić on successfully concluding the transfer.”

Board member for sport Hasan Salihamidžićsaid: “We’re delighted Leroy is to be a Bayern player. Leroy is a difference-maker and will strengthen our team with his quality. With Serge Gnabry, Kingsley Comanand Leroy, we’re now even better equipped at a very high level in the wide positions that are important for our game. I would like to thank Manchester City for the trusting and constructive negotiations. I would also like to thank our president and chairman of the supervisory board, Herbert Hainer, who supported us with this transfer right from the start under the difficult circumstances of coronavirus.”

FC Bayern board member Oliver Kahn: “We’re all delighted we’ve been able to secure Leroy’s signature for FC Bayern Munich. His qualities as a player are undisputed. His speed, his technical quality and his scoring threat make him an absolute top player. He also fits very well into our team as a person and as a character. Our goal is to have a spine on the pitch from the goalkeeper to the forwards, and Leroy is an important component in this. With this signing, we have taken another big step towards remaining at the forefront in Europe.”

Leroy Sané: “FC Bayern is a great club with big goals - and these goals suit me as well. I'm looking forward to the new challenge and can't wait to train with the team. I know Hansi Flick from the U21 national team, we had a very good relationship there. I want to win as many trophies as possible with FC Bayern, and the Champions League is the top priority.”

Leroy Sané was born in Essen on 11 January 1996. He spent his youth career at SG Wattenscheid 09 (until 2005), FC Schalke 04 (2005-2008) and Bayer 04 Leverkusen (2008-2011) before the then 15-year-old rejoined the Schalke "Knappenschmiede" academy. Three years later, Sané made his Bundesliga debut and scored 13 goals in his first regular professional season (2015/16). He signed for Manchester City in the summer of 2016. With the Citizens under coach Pep Guardiola he became English champion in 2018 and 2019, FA Cup winner, and won three League Cups and two Community Shields. He scored 39 goals in 135 competitive matches for Manchester City,.

Sané made his Germany national team debut in November 2015 and was part of the squad at EURO 2016 in France (one tournament appearance in the semi-finals against the hosts). He has made 21 appearances for Germany and scored five goals.[/article]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom