• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Confirmed Transfers 20/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carles Aleñá - Getafe (loan)

[article]FC Barcelona and Getafe CF have reached an agreement for the loan of the player Carles Aleñá until the end of the 2020/21 season. The Madrid club will take over the player's wages.

The midfielder has played 43 games for the FC Barcelona first team in which he has scored three goals. In the current season Aleñá has made five appearances for the first team, two in La Liga and once in the Champions League.

Having progressed through the ranks at La Masia, Aleñá made his first team debut in the Copa del Rey in the 2016/17 season. After two seasons spilt between the first team and Barça B he become an official first team player for the 2018/19 season. In January 2020 he went on loan to Betis where he made 19 appearances scoring once and now the Catalan born midfielder will play the reminder of the 2020/21 season at Getafe. [/article]

Robert Snodgrass - West Brom (undisclosed fee)

[article]Albion have secured the services of Robert Snodgrass from West Ham United for an undisclosed fee.

The 33-year-old midfielder, who has scored 117 goals in 586 senior appearances, this afternoon penned an 18-month contract at The Hawthorns.

The former Scotland international arrives at Albion three years after joining the Hammers from Hull City. He has also represented Aston Villa, Norwich City, Leeds United, Stirling Albion and Livingston.

Snodgrass has played six games for West Ham this season, scoring two goals in Carabao Cup ties with Hull City and Everton.

Head Coach Sam Allardyce said: “I’m absolutely delighted that he has chosen to take up the challenge with us.

“He’ll add Premier League experience and Premier League quality to our side.

“He’s left-footed. We all look for balance. When you get the right balance in the team with left-footed players, they can really produce for you down that left side.

“He tells me he’s played holding midfield, left of a three, wide left and right, so he’s pretty versatile across midfield.

“I’ve heard from many, many people that he is exceptional in the dressing room which is a great bonus on top of his abilities."[/article]

Tim Fosu-Mensah - Bayer Leverkusen (reportedly €2m)

[article]
Manchester United defender Tim Fosu-Mensah has completed a permanent move to Bayer Leverkusen for an undisclosed fee.

The 23-year-old will embark on a fresh chapter of his career in the Bundesliga after agreeing terms and passing his medical with the team currently sitting in third place in the German top flight.

He has previously had loan spells away from Old Trafford with Crystal Palace and Fulham.

The Netherlands international made his senior debut for the Reds in 2016, against Arsenal, after joining the club's youth ranks from Ajax.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer selected the Dutchman at right-back for the Premier League opener this term, against his former club Palace at Old Trafford.

Tim also came off the bench in the 2-1 defeat to Istanbul Basaksehir in the Champions League in November and made what turned out to be his final appearance for the Reds in the same competition, during the last group game, away to RB Leipzig.

In total, the versatile defender made 30 appearances for United, and everybody at the club would like to wish him the very best of luck with his future career.
[/article]

Amad Diallo - Man Utd (£37m)

[article]
New Manchester United player Amad Diallo has reported to the Aon Training Complex for the first time.

The club was pleased to confirm the Ivorian winger's move from Atalanta last week, after an agreement was initially reached between the clubs back in October.

Amad, as he prefers to be known, has signed a contract to the end of June 2025, with the option of an extra year.

The teenager had to wait for his visa to be approved before travelling to Manchester to link up with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's in-form squad, but that process has now been completed.

Amad will wear the no.19 shirt for United, following in the footsteps of some big names - including the likes of Marcus Rashford and Dwight Yorke.

In our statement to confirm the transfer last week, the manager looked forward to working with such a promising talent.

“As a club, we have followed Amad for a number of years and having watched him myself, I believe he is one of the most exciting young prospects in the game,“ said Ole.

“Manchester United has such a proud history of developing young players and everything is in place to enable Amad to reach his potential here.”

Joining a new club in a new country must be a daunting task, but Amad will have a long line of people who are ready to help him settle.

United will always be a family club and Eric Bailly has already expressed his desire to provide a helping hand.

“I know Amad,” said the defender. “I speak with him. He’s a young player with good talents but we know it is important to keep calm with any new guys. I think he will do well but it important to keep calm with him.

“I am ready to help him. I’m ready to help every player. That, for me, is very important. When I came to this team, I had players with big experience. I remember [Wayne] Rooney, Ibra [Zlatan Ibrahimovic], Antonio Valencia. Players like this helped me when I came. So when young players come, it’s very important to help these guys.”
[/article]

Moussa Dembélé - Atlético de Madrid (loan for €1.5m with option to buy for €33.5m plus add ons up to €5m)

[article]Atlético de Madrid have reached an agreement with Olympique Lyonnais over the loan of Moussa Dembélé until the end of the season. The Frenchman (Pontoise, 12 July 1996) passed his medical at the Clínica Universidad de Navarra and is now a Red & White player.

A powerful striker, Dembélé has a knack for goal and is a strong finisher. He started his career at local club Cergy Clos before joining the PSG academy. At 16, the Frenchman moved to English club Fulham, where he played for the U18 side and won the prestigious Premier Academy League. The striker made his first team debut at 17 against West Ham in the 2013/14 season, and his performances earned him a spot in the France U21 squad. Dembéle enjoyed a fantastic 2015/16 season at Fulham – netting 15 goals and providing seven assists.

He moved to Celtic FC in the summer, where he continue to progress as a footballer. The Frenchman became the key striker in Brendan Rodgers’ side that won the treble, providing 16 goals and nine assists in the 2017/18 season. Dembélé played in the Champions League for the first time during his stay in Scotland. In fact, he netted five goals in the competition, including a brace against Manchester City in his first season at Celtic FC.

The striker moved to Olympique Lyonnais in summer 2018. Since then, he has scored 45 times and provided 13 assists in his 108 games at the French club.

With Dembélé’s arrival, we add a young yet experienced footballer who’s strong both physically and as a finisher. His height also makes him a threat in the air and his speed allows him to run past the opposition’s defenders.

Welcome, Moussa Dembélé! [/article]

Wayne Rooney - Derby (Manager)

[article]Derby County Football Club is delighted to confirm the appointment of Wayne Rooney as the club’s new manager.

The 35-year-old takes up the position on a two-and-half-year deal which will run until the summer of 2023.

Rooney stepped up to lead Derby’s coaching team towards the end of November after former manager Phillip Cocu parted company with the club earlier that month.

He was supported by fellow coaches Liam Rosenior, Shay Given and Justin Walker, who will retain their positions on Rooney’s staff moving forward.

Rosenior takes up the role of assistant manager, while Given will move to the position of first-team coach. Walker will remain as first-team development coach, while Academy goalkeeping coach Jason Pearcey has been appointed as the club’s first-team goalkeeping coach.

Steve McClaren will continue to assume the duties of technical director and advisor to the board of directors.

Rooney oversaw nine matches in total, recording a return of three victories and four draws along the way, between the end of November and early January.

In line with taking up the managerial position, Rooney has elected to call time on his illustrious playing career to fully focus on his job.

England and Manchester United’s all-time leading goalscorer, with over 700 professional appearances to his name, joined Derby in January 2020 and appeared in a Rams shirt on 35 occasions.

Derby County’s Chief Executive Officer Stephen Pearce said: “We are delighted to confirm the appointment of Wayne Rooney as our new manager.

“Our recent upturn in results under Wayne was married together with some positive performances, notably the 2-0 home win over Swansea City and the 4-0 victory at Birmingham City.

“During that nine-game run we also dramatically improved their defensive record and registered five clean sheets in the process, while in the attacking third we became more effective and ruthless too.

“Those foundations have provided a platform for the club to build on in the second half of the season under Wayne’s guidance.”

Rooney said: “When I first arrived back in the United Kingdom I was completely blown away by the potential of Derby County Football Club. The Stadium, Training Ground, the quality of the playing staff and the young players coming through and of course the fan base that has remained loyal and supportive.

“Despite other offers I knew instinctively Derby County was the place for me.

"To be given the opportunity to follow the likes of Brian Clough, Jim Smith, Frank Lampard and Phillip Cocu is such an honour and I can promise everyone involved in the club and all our fans, my staff and I will leave no stone unturned in achieving the potential I have witnessed over the last 12 months of this historic football club.”

Rooney’s first game as Derby’s new permanent manager will be Saturday’s Sky Bet Championship fixture at home to Rotherham United (3pm kick-off).[/article]

Last edited:
Jack Wilshere - Bournemouth (free transfer)

[article]AFC Bournemouth have completed the signing of England international midfielder Jack Wilshere.

The 29-year-old has put pen to paper on a contract until the end of the season and returns to Vitality Stadium, where he enjoyed a successful loan spell during the 2016/17 campaign.

Wilshere began his career at Arsenal, rising through the Gunners’ ranks to make 197 first team appearances in all competitions, featuring regularly in the Champions League and twice winning the FA Cup.

In August 2016 he joined the Cherries on a season-long loan and made 27 appearances, playing a key role in the club achieving their highest ever finish of ninth in the Premier League.

Released by Arsenal in the summer of 2018, Wilshere then spent two years at West Ham United, before training with AFC Bournemouth ahead of his signing as a free agent.

“It feels great to be back and I can’t wait to get started,” Wilshere told afcbTV.

“From the minute I walked through the door three weeks ago, it felt natural and like I had never been away.

“I know a lot of the players and staff here and I’m pleased they allowed me to train initially, and then it just went from, there.

“I’ve been impressed by the coaching staff, the way they work and the ambitions of the club to get back in the Premier League.

“We all share the same ambitions and I’m looking forward to playing my part in helping achieve those.”[/article]

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar - Schalke 04 (undisclosed fee)

[article]The “Hunter” is back auf Schalke! After leaving the club for Ajax Amsterdam back in 2017, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar has rejoined FC Schalke 04. The Dutch striker signed a contract until the end of the season on Tuesday (19/1) and he will wear the number 21. Both clubs agreed to keep the details of the deal undisclosed.

“There are two main reasons to signing Klaas-Jan. His sporting qualities are undisputed, which he showed once again last week with a brace. His personality, experience and connection with FC Schalke 04 are also equally important. He has shown his desire to help us secure safety by returning to the club,” said Jochen Schneider, Head of Sport and Communication. “I would therefore like to thank Ajax for their cooperation during these talks.”

Huntelaar himself is aware of the challenge ahead of him: “We need to win games and score goals to climb up the table. I want to play my part in the club staying up. Schalke belongs in the Bundesliga and it’s our responsibility to make sure that we stay here.”

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar played for the Royal Blues from 2010 until 2017, when he returned to Ajax after his contract had expired. The 2010 World Cup runner up had played for the Dutch side between 2006 and 2009. The forward’s journey to Schalke took him via Real Madrid and AC Milan. In 240 competitive appearances for the Royal Blues, the former Netherlands international scored 126 goals and set up 35. In 2011, Huntelaar won the DFB-Pokal with Schalke.[/article]

First Kolasinac, now Huntelaar. Not sure signing these ex-players will be able to lift them out of their slump... ...

Dimitris Giannoulis - Norwich (loan with obligation to buy for €7.5m if promotion is achieved)

[article]
Norwich City have agreed a deal to complete the signing of left-back Dimitris Giannoulis from PAOK on a loan deal until the end of the season.

The Greek international, 25, will join on a permanent basis for an undisclosed fee should City gain promotion to the Premier League at the end of the 2020-21 season.

Giannoulis arrives from three-time Greek champions PAOK, for whom he has made a total of 78 appearances across domestic league and cup, and European competitions.

He was part of the PAOK side that completed the Greek league and cup double during the 2018-19 season.

Giannoulis has also spent time out on loan, notably an 18-month spell with fellow top-flight Greek side Atromitos.

During his time with Atromitos he registered 14 assists across 53 appearances and was named in the Greek Super League team of the year at the end of the 2017-18 campaign.

A first senior appearance for the Greece national team came in May 2018, with the full-back now having 11 caps to his name.

Speaking to canaries.co.uk, Giannoulis said: “I’m really happy to have signed. It was a dream to play for an English team and now that has come true.

“It’s been a busy few days, but I’m here and I can’t wait to get on the pitch with my new teammates.

“I will always give my best. I consider myself a fast player, both in attack and defence. I like Norwich’s style of football and I hope I adapt to the way that the team plays and that I can help the team get promoted.”

Head coach Daniel Farke said: “We’re really happy to have Dimitris with us. We wanted to bring someone in who doesn’t just help over the next weeks, but someone who can help deliver for us in the mid and long term.

“In Dimitris, we’ve found the piece we were searching for. He’s a good age with lots of room for improvement.

“He’s already very experienced, with many games for the Greece national squad, too. He’s played for a top club in PAOK, where he needed to win each and every game."

[/article]

Mario Mandžukić - AC Milan (free transfer)

[article]AC Milan is delighted to announce the signing of Mario Mandžukić. The Club and the striker have agreed on a deal until the end of the current season with an option to extend the contract for the next one.

Born in Slavonski Brod (Croatia) on May 21, 1986, Mario Mandžukić started his professional career in 2004 with NK Marsonia before joining NK Zagreb and GNK Dinamo Zagreb. In Summer 2010, he moved to Germany to play for VfL Wolfsburg (60 appearances and 20 goals) and Bayern Munich (88 appearances and 48 goals). In the 2014/15 season, he went on to play for Atletico Madrid scoring 20 goals in 43 appearances before joining FC Juventus. In his five seasons with FC Juventus, he made 162 appearances and scored 44 goals. In January 2020, he joined Qatari side Al-Duhail with one goal in 7 appearances.

Mandžukić has won 24 trophies including 1 UCL, 1 UEFA Super Cup, 1 FIFA Cup World Cup, 9 championships and 12 between national Cups and Super Cups. He is the second-best scorer ever of the Croatian national team with 33 goals in 89 appearances.[/article]

Arkadiusz Milik - Marseille (loan with obligation to buy for €8m + €5m in bonuses or €9m + €4m in bonuses, as well as a 20-25% resale fee)

[article]Olympique de Marseille reached an agreement with Napoli for the player Arkadiusz Milik.

The Polish striker has committed to OM in the form of an 18-month loan with a purchase option. After Pol Lirola, Arkadiusz Milik is the second Olympien recruit in the winter transfer window.

Arkadiusz Milik was born on 28 February 1994 in Tychy, Poland. This left-handed man with undeniable finishing qualities was already making a name for himself at the age of 16 in Katowice. In 2011-12 he joined the Gornik Zabrze club where he discovered the Polish first division.

Under the impulse of former OM striker Rudi Völler, sports director of Bayer Leverkusen, he moved to Germany in December 2012. He featured little in the red and black jersey. At only 19 years of age, he needs to gain playing time and experience and moved on loan in 2013-14 to FC Augsburg and then to Ajax Amsterdam in 2014-15.

In Holland, the Polish prodigy reveals himself and discovers the Champions League. He scored 23 goals in 34 games and his loan turned into a transfer. The second season at Ajax was just as prolific with 24 goals in 42 games. His stats caught the attention of the big European clubs.

Arkadiusz Milik's season follows one after another: 20 goals in 2018-19 (47 matches) then 14 in 2019-20 (32 matches). He won his first trophy that season by winning the Italian Cup final. He also scored the winning penalty kick against Juventus.

A left-handed striker at the age of 26, the Pole is a formidable striker, technical, skilful and capable of hitting in all positions. Arkadiusz Milik will use all his energy and talent to help the club reach its goals.

Pablo Longoria REACTS:
"I am very satisfied because we have taken one of the best players in his position in Europe. He is a very good player. We show the ambition of the club and I would like to thank Frank McCourt and Jacques-Henri Eyraud for their determination in the deal. We made efforts for such a transfer in a difficult period. Thank you to the club for its ambition and to the player for his willingness to come to OM.

Arkadiusz Milik has technical and physical qualities, he has a good ability to finish the action. He proved that he had personality at Leverkusen when he was very young, at Ajax but also more recently with Napoli in the Champions League or with the national team where he showed a lot of determination".[/article]

Krépin Diatta - AS Monaco (€20m)

[article]AS Monaco is pleased to announce the signing of 21 year old Krépin Diatta from Club Bruges on a five year contract.

The Principality club and the current Belgian champion have reached an agreement for the transfer of the young Senegalese international winger, who has signed with AS Monaco through June 2025. Able to play on the entire right flank and also as a left winger, Krépin Diatta (1.75m) joins Ligue 1 after having played one season in the Norwegian elite, with Sarpsborg 08 (2017), then three years in the Jupiler Pro League.

At just 21 years of age, the Dakar native has already played more than a hundred professional matches, scoring 28 goals and making 19 assists. A finalist in the Norwegian Cup, Krépin Diatta has since won two league titles and a Belgian Super Cup, and played 18 European matches, including 15 in the Champions League.

Already capped 16 times for the Senegalese national team, the new Monegasque player played in all of his country’s matches at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations, which saw the Lions of Teranga reach the final of the competition, at the end of which Krépin Diatta was elected best young player of the tournament.

Oleg Petrov, Vice-President and CEO: “We are delighted that Krépin, who was sought by many European clubs, is joining AS Monaco. He is a talented young player who has shown a lot of quality in the Belgian league and is determined to continue his progress in Monaco in Ligue 1. This demonstrates the attractiveness of AS Monaco and testifies to the efforts undertaken by the club to increase the team’s potential over the long term.”

Paul Mitchell, Sporting Director: “With his dynamism, finishing skills, and also his versatility and international experience despite his young age, Krépin has many assets that will allow him to integrate into the modern style of play being developed by Niko. Krépin’s arrival is part of the club’s desire to raise the quality of the squad even further this season and to continue building for the long term.”

Krépin Diatta: “I am very happy to join AS Monaco and to have the opportunity to progress with such a recognised and ambitious French club whose history is well known to everyone. I can’t wait to discover these new surroundings and to work hard with my new team-mates to give back to the club the trust it has placed in me.”

[/article]

Fernando Gago - Aldosivi (Head Coach)

[article]Fernando Gago has been named the new coach of Aldosivi.

Gago will begin working with the club as of Thursday and will have Federico Insua as one of his assistants. Both are former Boca Juniors players and played with the Argentina national team. Still only 34 years old, Gago announced his retirement late last year following an injury riddle career. He was announced as the new club coach on Saturday.

This is Gago’s first managerial post after having played most of his career in Europe.[/article]

Sokratis Papastathopoulos - Olympiakos (free transfer)

Henry Onyekuru - Galatasaray (loan for €650k with option to buy for €4.35m)

Morgan Sanson - Aston Villa (£14m plus add ons)

[article]Aston Villa is delighted to announce the signing of Morgan Sanson from Marseille for an undisclosed fee, subject to international clearance.

The 26-year-old midfielder has signed a four-and-a-half-year deal at Villa Park.

Sanson played for Le Mans and Montpellier before joining Marseille in January 2017 and has gone on to impress for the French giants, helping them to a runners up finish in Ligue 1 last season and to reach the Europa League final in 2018.

Dean Smith said: “Morgan has performed consistently at the highest level in French football for a number of seasons as well as in this season’s Champions League, and is a player with the quality and experience to play in any midfield position. He will add real competition for starting places and gives us more squad depth which is vital to competing successfully in the Premier League.”[/article]

Papu Gomez - Sevilla (£4.8m)

[article]
Sevilla FC and Atalanta BC have reached an agreement for the transfer of the Argentine attacking midfielder Alejandro Darío Gómez Villaverde, known as Papu Gómez. Born in Buenos Aires, the 32 year old midfielder, turning 33 in February, is right footed and measures 167cm. Papu arrives in Nervión after six seasons in Bergamo, where he has shone as one of the best players in Serie A. The attacking midfielder, who is also very comfortable on the left wing, has extensive experience in both the Champions League and the Europa League. He signs a contract until 30 June 2024.

Gómez started his professional at Arsenal FC in Argentina, where he made his debut in 2005 and remained until 2009. That year, he signed for San Lorenzo de Almagro where he remained until the end of the 09/10 season. That saw his move to Italy, signing for Catania. In over 150 games in Argentina, Gómez registered twenty-four goals and twelve assists.

Gómez made his break onto the European scene in his three seasons at the Sicilian club, scoring eighteen goals and providing seventeen assists in just over one-hundred matches between Serie A and the Copa Italia. In 13/14, he transferred to Metalist Kharkiv in Ukraine where he stayed for one season, getting four goals and six assists in twenty-four matches. He would return to Italy after the season, going to Atalanta where he made his name as one of the deadliest attackers in the league.

In a spell spanning six seasons, starting in 14/15 and ending this 20/21, Papu Gómez played over 250 games with the Bergamo club, scoring 59 goals and notching 71 assists. He had a standout season in 16/17 which lead to his debut with the Argentine national team in June under former Sevilla manager Jorge Sampaoli. Gómez played five matches for Argentina, two in World Cup Qualifiers, and has one goal and assist for his country. Last season, Papu Gómez broke the Serie A assist record with 16 assists, adding another two in the Champions League.
[/article]

Shinji Kagawa - PAOK

[article]
PAOK FC announces the acquisition of Shinji Kagawa. The Japanese midfielder has signed a one-and-a-half year contract with the Double-headed Eagle and his squad number is 23.

Kagawa was born on March 17, 1989 in Kobe, Japan. He fell in love with football from a young age and went through the youth academies at Marino, Kobe and Miyaki Barcelona, before joining Cerezo Osaka at the age of 17. He made his first professional debut with the latter.

In 2009 he was the top scorer in the Japanese second division, this feat coming before he even turned 20, and his form caught the eyes of many European clubs.

In 2010 he made 11 appearances in the Japanese top flight, scoring even seven goals. It was after that when Borussia Dortmund decided to invest in his talent and make him a resident of Westphalia.

His first season away from Japan in the demanding Bundesliga championship was excellent. He made 28 appearances, scoring 12 goals and contributing two assists, as the German club went on to win the league title. Kagawa adapted immediately, but the 2011-12 season was the season where his talents really shone bright.

The Japanese became one of the cornerstones of the Jürgen Klopp’s excellent team that won the double in Germany, scoring 17 goals and proving 14 assists in 43 appearances. At the time, Kagawa was one of the top players in the world in his position and Manchester United decided to make a move to bring him to Old Trafford.

In his first season with the Red Devils, Kagawa won the Premier League title under Sir Alex Ferguson, playing 26 times in all competitions, scoring six goals and contributing six assists.

He stayed in Manchester until August 2014, having managed to wear the United jersey 57 times, scoring six goals and providing 10 assists, before moving back to Westphalia and re-joining Dortmund.

Kagawa stayed at Borussia until 2019, also having a six-month loan spell at Besiktas. In total with the Yellow and Blacks, he made 216 appearances, scoring 60 goals and providing 55 assists. He was also a German Cup winner in the 2016-17 season.

In the summer of 2019 he left Germany and travelled to Spain to wear the Real Zaragoza jersey in the Segunda Division. He played 34 times for the Spanish team, scoring four times and providing six assists, helping the club win promotion to La Liga via the Play Offs.

Zaragoza could not afford the player’s contract, however, and released him last summer. Kagawa did not rush to sign somewhere despite the plethora of proposals on the table, and after a spell without a club, he accepted PAOK’s proposal in January 2021.

Kagawa has also been a key member of his country’s national team since the age of 19 up until the present day. He has played 97 times for Japan, scoring 31 goals, while he has also won the Pan-Asian Cup of 2011 and has played in the 2014 and 2018 World Cups.

Welcome Shinji!
[/article]

Scott Wright - Rangers (free transfer)

[article]
RANGERS Football Club are today delighted to announce the signing of Scott Wright on a pre-contract agreement from Aberdeen.

Wright, 23, has been capped at multiple youth levels by Scotland, and has 91 competitive club appearances for the Dons and also Dundee, whom he had a loan spell with from January to May 2019.

The attacker made his senior debut for Derek McInnes’ side back in July 2014 as a 16-year old in a 5-0 Europa League qualifying win over Daugava Riga.

After continuing his development, his first goals for the club came in a hat-trick at Firhill against Partick Thistle in a 6-0 win in May 2017.

A cruciate ligament injury suffered in training early in the 2019/20 campaign was to stall his progress, but his return to action this season – where he has, so far, featured in 19 games, has impressed Rangers who have continued to track Scott’s development ahead of confirming their approach to Scott with Aberdeen earlier this month.

The club’s Sporting Director, Ross Wilson, commented: “We look forward to Scott joining Rangers and we are excited to see him continue to develop his talent working with Steven and all of our staff. Scott fits our football identity and our plan for the development of our squad.

Adding Scott, as a young Scottish player, who will continue to enhance his talent here, is part of our plan. I’ve enjoyed all of our conversations and we can see that Scott is a very humble young man who is both determined and excited to be part of what we are building here at Rangers.

We thank Aberdeen for their cooperation and professionalism during this period.”
[/article]

Jack Simpson - Rangers (free transfer)

[article]RANGERS Football Club are today delighted to announce the signing of defender Jack Simpson from AFC Bournemouth on a pre-contract agreement.

Simpson, 24, has Premier League experience with the Cherries, and this season, has played an important role in their bid to be promoted back to England’s top flight, where they sit in the play-off places, just five points off an automatic promotion slot.

A product of Bournemouth’s Academy, Simpson made his debut for then-manager Eddie Howe’s side in a 3-1 EFL Cup win over Middlesbrough in October 2017 – a game in which he opened the scoring.

His first taste of Premier League action came that season against Manchester City at the Etihad, before establishing himself in the side somewhat at the tail end of the following season, playing a part in their final five matches of the campaign.

That run also included 90 minutes in a 1-0 clean sheet victory over Champions League finalists Tottenham Hotspur.

Commenting on his signing, Sporting Director, Ross Wilson, said: “Jack is a player that Steven [Gerrard] and I have discussed a number of times in recent months.

"We are always looking at how we can improve and Jack fits the profile that we are looking to add as we develop and move the squad forward again.

“His contractual situation at Bournemouth provided a natural and attractive moment for us to pursue Jack’s signature. It has been well publicised that he has been a much-coveted player south of the border but from our first discussion with Jack, we could see how the opportunity to join Rangers was one that was very appealing to him.

“The situation with pre contract negotiations is never an easy one and I extend my thanks to Richard Hughes, my counterpart at Bournemouth, for how he has handled our interest in Jack.”[/article]

Yannick Bolasie - Middlesbrough (loan)

[article]The club have completed the loan signing of Everton winger Yannick Bolasie until the end of the season.

The 31-year-old joined up with his new team-mates at Rockliffe on Thursday morning after completing the formalities of his move to Teesside.

Bolasie brings a wealth of experience, having clocked up over 450 career appearances, including nine years as a Premier League player.

The DR Congo international - he has scored nine goals in 40 appearances for his country - enjoyed the most successful spell of his career at Crystal Palace, where he made almost 150 appearances and played under current Boro boss Neil Warnock.

The Boro manager says his arrival is a big boost.

“I’ve known Yannick for many years,” he said. “I asked him if he could help us out until the end of the season and get some fitness in at the same time.

“We can’t expect wonders but he’s a good lad and he can play different positions for me. He’ll be good in the dressing room and it’s a big boost for us.”[/article]

Gerard Deulofeu - Udinese (reportedly €17m)

[article]
Udinese have officially purchased Gerard Deulofeu outright from Watford just six months into the loan deal.

The option to buy was believed to be worth €17m, although seeing as the two clubs are both owned by the Pozzo family, they do many deals together.

Udinese released a statement this afternoon confirming they have activated the clause to purchase Deulofeu outright from Watford.

He signed a contract that holds him to the Serie A side until June 30, 2024.

The Spaniard has made 12 competitive appearances in the Udinese jersey, contributing one goal and one assist.
[/article]

Viktor Kovalenko - Atalanta (€700k)

Replacement for Papu Gomez. Atalanta continue to excel in the transfer market.

Harry Pickering - Blackburn (undisclosed fee)

[article]Rovers are delighted to announce the signing of highly-rated Crewe Alexandra left-back Harry Pickering on a long-term deal for an undisclosed fee.

As part of the deal, which sees Pickering contracted to the club until the summer of 2025, he will remain with the Railwaymen on loan until the end of the season.

The 22-year-old becomes Rovers’ second signing of the January transfer window, following the arrival of fellow young defender Jarrad Branthwaite from Everton.

Widely regarded as one of the top talents outside the Championship, Pickering has been with Crewe since a young age, rising through their Academy ranks, before making his first team debut in a 3-0 victory over Leyton Orient in April 2017, aged 18.

He made 40 appearances in all competitions the following season, scoring his first senior goal – a direct free-kick in a 4-1 victory away to Lincoln City in February 2018.

After firmly establishing himself as first-choice full-back in 2018-19, Pickering played a key role in Crewe’s promotion from League Two last term, making 35 league starts, as David Artell’s side secured a second-place finish.

Pickering – and Crewe – have kicked on again in League One this season, with the energetic and attack-minded defender starting 24 league games during the first half of the current campaign, scoring three goals.

After putting pen-to-paper on a four-and-a-half-year deal with the club, the Rovers new boy will now return to Gresty Road, where he will hope to help Crewe in their push for the League One play-offs and the possibility of back-to-back promotions.

All the best, Harry![/article]

Patrick Cutrone - Valencia (loan)

Francisco Ferreira - Valencia (loan)

Sam Cosgrove- Birmingham City (£2m)

[article]
BLUES ARE DELIGHTED TO ANNOUNCE THE SIGNING OF SAM COSGROVE SUBJECT TO INTERNATIONAL CLEARANCE.

The striker joins the Club for an undisclosed fee from Scottish Premiership side Aberdeen and has agreed terms on a three-and-a-half-year contract that will run until June 2024.

Talking to BCFC.com, Cosgrove spoke of his excitement at joining Blues.

He said: "It feels really good to be here. As soon as the interest was there from Birmingham it was a no brainer from me and I'm really delighted to get it over the line.

"There's a big job for me to do here. I'm looking forward to playing in the Championship. I know how demanding it is but I wouldn't be here if I didn't think I was ready to take on the challenge. Short-term, it's helping the team. Long-term it's echoing that - being as successful as I can and helping this fantastic Club."

24-years-old, Cosgrove started his career at Wigan Athletic and experienced loan spells with Barrow AFC, Chorley and close to where he was born on Humberside with North Ferriby.

In August 2017 he signed for Carlisle United, before earning his move to the Granite City on deadline day the following January.

Under Derek McInnes, Cosgrove has found the net 47 times in 103 appearances for The Dons and in December 2018 was named Scottish Premiership player of the month.

In the campaign that followed Cosgrove found the net 23 times, including on six occasions during Aberdeen’s run to the Europa League third qualifying round.

Cosgrove is Aitor Karanka’s second signing of the January window after Rekeem Harper joined on loan until the end of the season from West Bromwich Albion and has been handed the number 16 shirt.

Welcome to Blues, Sam.
[/article]

Yunus Malli - Trabzonspor

[article]Yunus Malli has departed VfL Wolfsburg to join reigning Turkish cup winners Trabzonspor in the Süper Lig.

The 28-year-old, who was loaned to 1. FC Union Berlin in the second half of the 2019/20 season, arrived in Wolfsburg from 1. FSV Mainz 05 in January 2017.

Malli scored seven goals and set up another seven across 69 Bundesliga appearances for the Green-and-Whites. He also registered an assist in eight DFB Cup outings, and featured twice for the club in the UEFA Europa League.[/article]

Jonas Lossl - FC Midtjylland

[article]
Jonas Lossl has left Everton to return to FC Midtjylland, the Danish Superliga club where he began his career.

Goalkeeper Lossl joined Everton in July 2019 and spent the closing months of last season on loan with former club Huddersfield Town, playing 15 times in the Championship.

The 31-year-old, capped once by Denmark, made his senior debut for Midtjylland in March 2010 and left for French team Guingamp four years later after more than 100 appearances.
[/article]

Dan Gosling - Watford (undisclosed fee)

[article]
Watford FC is pleased to confirm the signing of midfielder Dan Gosling on a two-and-a-half-year contract.

The former Plymouth Argyle, Everton and Newcastle United man joins for an undisclosed fee from Bournemouth.

Gosling has made more than 300 appearances during his playing career, of which 184 were in the Premier League.

The 30-year-old was also part of the Cherries squad which was promoted from the Championship in 2014/15.
[/article]

Glenn Murray - Nottingham Forest

[article]
Nottingham Forest are delighted to announce the signing of striker Glenn Murray from Brighton and Hove Albion.

The experienced 37-year-old spent the first half of the season on loan at Championship side Watford but now joins up with Chris Hughton’s side for the rest of the campaign.

Over the course of an impressive career so far, Murray scored 111 goals for Brighton across two spells and his 23 strikes for The Seagulls in 2016-17 sent them to the Premier League before 25 goals came in his first two seasons back in the top-flight.

Prior to that, Murray had netted an incredible 30 Championship goals for Crystal Palace in the 2012-13 season to finish top scorer in the Championship and help them seal promotion to the Premier League.

Manager Chris Hughton said of Murray: “Glenn is a player I know very well and he has an excellent pedigree at this level. Certainly he will add leadership and experience to our squad between now and the end of the season.

“He is a proven goalscorer at Premier League and Championship level and has continued to keep himself fit so we are looking forward to what he can bring to the squad ahead of a busy run of fixtures.”

[/article]

Cenk Tosun - Besiktas (loan)

Cost Everton £27m in 2018

Winston Reid - Brentford (loan)

[article]
Brentford have signed New Zealand international Winston Reid on loan from West Ham United for the rest of the 2020/21 season. The 32-year-old defender completed the Transfer Deadline Day switch this morning and trained with The Bees today, Monday 1 February. He will remain in West London until the end of the current campaign.

Winston has been with West Ham for more than a decade having made his first steps in professional football at FC Midtjylland, the Danish side where Brentford FC Owner Matthew Benham has the majority shareholding. He has played more than 200 games for West Ham since moving to the Premier League from FCM, as they are known, in August 2010. The majority of those games for The Hammers have come in the top flight of English football.

Thomas Frank, Brentford FC Head Coach, said: “We are very happy to welcome Winston to Brentford. We are very pleased that he wanted to come to help the team for the rest of the season. With his quality, personality and experience, we know he will do a great job for us over the next few months.

“We felt we needed to bring an extra centre back in to the Club. Pontus Jansson will be out for at least six weeks and Luke Racic came back from his loan at Northampton Town with a back injury, so they are not available. Our medical staff are also helping Charlie Goode with his ongoing medical issue, so he has not been able to be part of our squad. We were a little short at centre back and Winston will be able to challenge for those places.”

Winston was born in New Zealand, but most of his football education was at FCM, coming through the youth ranks at the Danish side. He played for FCM in the UEFA Cup and represented Denmark at youth international level, playing for the Under-19, Under-20 and Under-21 sides. He chose to represent New Zealand at full international level and was part of the All Whites squad at the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa where he helped his nation remain unbeaten and scored in their draw with Slovakia. Winston has 25 caps for his country so far.
[/article]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom