• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Confirmed Transfers (2015/16)

Gonzalo Castro - Dortmund (€11 million)
1424705329_extras_noticia_foton_7_1.jpg

[article=http://www.bvb.de/eng/News/Overview/Borussia-Dortmund-signs-Gonzalo-Castro]The eight times German Champions Borussia Dortmund have signed Gonzalo Castro from Bundesliga rivals Bayer 04 Leverkusen for season 2015/2016.

The 27 year old, who has played for the German national team five times and has scored 25 goals in 286 Bundesliga games and also provided a further 57 assists, has signed a four year contract.

Borussia Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc noted: “we are happy that we have added an experienced, technically competent midfield player to our team, who can play in a variety of positions.”[/article]

Herve Renard - Lille (Head Coach)
CF3D80MWYAAl7Tz.jpg

[article=http://www.losc.fr/actualite-foot-lille/infos-club/accord-trouve-entre-le-losc-et-herve-renard]Former Ivory Coast manager Herve Renard has been named as new coach of Lille, the French first-division club said Monday.

Earlier this year, the 46-year-old Frenchman led the Ivory Coast to its first African Cup of Nations title since 1992, three years after leading unheralded Zambia to the African Cup.

Renard, who also had a brief spell coaching Sochaux toward the end of the 2013-14 season, takes over from Rene Girard, who recently left by mutual consent after two seasons with the club.

Lille finished in eighth place this season.

Renard, who has agreed a three-year contract, says "it's an honor to join a club as prestigious as Lille" and "I can't wait to begin this adventure" with my squad.[/article]

Joao Cancelo - Valencia (reportedly €15 million)
imagen47304d.jpg

[article]Valencia have seen enough of Joao Cancelo to make his loan from Benfica a permanent transfer.

Joao Cancelo has joined Valencia on a permanent basis after impressing during his loan spell from Primeira Liga champions Benfica.

The Portugal Under-21 international initially moved to the Mestalla in August 2014 on a season-long loan.

Cancelo has subsequently made 10 La Liga appearances this season and has done enough to convince Valencia - who finished fourth this season - to hand him a lengthy contract until June 2021.

"I am very happy to continue at Valencia, who I hope to help for a long time," he told Valencia's official website.

"I will always carry Benfica in my heart, but now my biggest dream is to continue giving the best for Valencia, to grow in the team and return the great confidence that the club has shown in me." [/article]

Alberto Bueno - Porto (free transfer)
CF32S18WYAArvBu.jpg

[article]Porto have confirmed the free transfer signing of Rayo Vallecano forward Alberto Bueno on a five-year deal.

Bueno leaves Vallecas after two years with the Madrid-based outfit, recording 17 League goals in his final campaign as Paco Jemez’s side finished 11th.

Porto have said in a statement on their official website that Bueno’s contract includes a €40m release clause while the 27-year-old spoke of the ‘great challenge’ that awaits him under Julen Lopetegui, with whom he previously worked when both were at Real Madrid Castilla.

“I’m at a very good stage in my career. I can learn from those around me and I have a strong desire and ambition to do my job for a big club,” Bueno added.

“I don’t know how it will be next season but I want to do things well and improve my game, which isn’t only scoring goals.

“I was honoured to work with Lopetegui for a year. I learned a lot and when he wanted me to come to this great club I didn’t think twice.

“I’m happy to work with him again and I look forward to the start of the season because I have many targets to meet here.”[/article]

There is nothing more tragic than a thumbs up.

Actually there is, the gormless semi retarded TWO thumbs up.

Artur Boruc - Bournemouth (free transfer)
_83225118_pa-22516125.jpg

[article=http://www.afcb.co.uk/news/article/artur-boruc-afc-bournemouth-free-transfer-2470133.aspx]AFC Bournemouth have completed the permanent signing of goalkeeper Artur Boruc on a free transfer.

Boruc returns to the Goldsands Stadium, where he spent the majority of last season on loan, following his release from Southampton.

The Poland international, who kept 18 clean sheets in all competitions, has put pen to paper on a one-year deal, with the option for a further 12 months.

The 35-year-old arrived on an initial short-term loan in September and helped the Cherries climb the table, leading to an extension in January until the end of the campaign.

He becomes the club’s first summer signing as they prepare for a first season in the Barclays Premier League, where the former Celtic man made almost 50 appearances in three years with the Saints.

“I didn’t think that (promotion would be possible) when I signed the contract,” he told afcb.co.uk last month.

“But, as soon as I came here, I saw a bunch of lads who were really working hard and they had their minds on football.

“They knew what they wanted to achieve and the manager has put in some great work.

“After a couple of games I realised we could do something and we had the belief to achieve it.

“In my life, I’ve never seen a group who have worked so hard and been as professional as possible.

“It’s probably the first season I’ve seen what it is to be a professional footballer from the way they are on the training ground to everything else.”

Boruc has been included in the latest Poland squad, alongside Arsenal's Wojciech Szczesny and Swansea City goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski, for a Euro 2016 qualifier against Georgia on Saturday 13th June. [/article]

Jakob Haugaard - Stoke (undisclosed fee, reportedly £600k)
jakob-haugaard-midtjylland226-2472680_478x359.jpg

[article=http://www.stokecityfc.com/news/article/haugaard-completes-city-switch-2472684.aspx#4MyX1sg1KQh8FJeA.99]STOKE CITY are delighted to announce the signing of highly-rated goalkeeper Jakob Haugaard from FC Midtjylland for an undisclosed fee.

The 23-year-old, who is a former youth international, has signed a three-year contract at the Britannia Stadium which will take affect from July 1st.

Haugaard is expected to link up with his new teammates at the Clayton Wood Training Ground for the start of pre-season training two days later, on July 3rd.

Announcing the news, Chief Executive Tony Scholes told stokecityfc.com; “We are delighted to have captured our second signing of the close season, by bringing Jakob to the Club.

“He is a goalkeeper that has been admired from afar by our first-team management for some time now so naturally we are pleased to have been able to conclude the deal.

“With Thomas Sorensen departing this summer, adding an additional goalkeeper to the squad had been highlighted as something of a priority for us.”

The giant stopper has made 24 appearances for FC Midtjylland this season; playing a prominent role in the club securing the Danish Superliga title with two games to spare.

In total, Haugaard made 35 appearances for the Wolves following his switch from league rivals Akademisk Boldklub in 2012. [/article]

Adam Federici - Bournemouth (free transfer)
CGBKNCeWgAAvuNW.jpg

[article=http://www.afcb.co.uk/news/article/afc-bournemouth-complete-signing-of-australian-international-goalkeeper-adam-federici-2472161.aspx#9jLswLGYzHAOo7I2.99]AFC Bournemouth have secured the signing of former Reading goalkeeper Adam Federici.
The Australian international has put pen-to-paper on a three year deal at the Goldsands Stadium, after his contract with the Royals expired at the end of last season.

Free agent Federici joins up with Eddie Howe’s squad ahead of their debut campaign in the Barclays Premier League having spent 10 years at the Madejski Stadium, making over 200 appearances in all competitions.

As well as featuring in every game during the Royals’ 2011/12 Championship winning campaign, he then went on to gain crucial top flight experience the following season in the Premier League.

Last season, he made 49 appearances including playing a prominent role in the FA Cup run which saw them lose out to Arsenal in a closely fought semi-final at Wembley.

He also played in both Sky Bet Championship matches against the Cherries last season, including making a string of fine saves to deny Howe’s men in a comfortable victory in the 1-0 win at the Madejski in April.

Eddie Howe believes he has not only got a great goalkeeper but also a great character in the signing of Adam Federici.

Howe made the former Reading shot-stopper his second summer signing, having already secured former loanee Artur Boruc’s signature on a one-year-deal on Tuesday.

Federici agreed a contract which will see him remain at the Goldsands Stadium until the summer of 2018 and Howe admitted he was delighted with the acquisition.

“It was important for us again that we looked to improve all departments of the team,” he told Cherries Player.

“The goalkeeping department as a team is something we wanted to improve, so to sign someone of Adam Federici’s experience, again he’s played in the Premier League and he was one of the most outstanding goalkeepers in the Championship last season in my opinion.

“And added to that what a character. We are bringing someone into the team who’s got outstanding application to their work and who’s had a very good career, but has had to work for that career and has all the characteristics of what we are looking for in terms of a player’s make up.

“I’m delighted to sign him and he will be an integral part of our team going forward.” [/article]

Graham Dorrans - Norwich (£3.5 million)
CGBeIWmWoAENkjk.jpg

[article=http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/graham-dorrans-joins-norwich-city-from-west-brom-2472963.aspx#am0GzebOGT3qIP2h.99]NORWICH City today announced the permanent signing from West Bromwich Albion of Scotland international Graham Dorrans.

Dorrans has played 18 times for the Canaries this season since initially joining from the Baggies on a one-month loan deal in February.

His stay in East Anglia was extended in March to cover the rest of the Sky Bet Championship season, after which he scored three times in City's last five league games to help take City into the promotion play-offs.

Dorrans, who has signed a two year deal, featured in both play-off semi-final games against Ipswich, before coming on as a second-half substitute under the Wembley arch as City secured promotion to the Premier League with victory over Middlesbrough.

City boss Alex Neil commented: "Graham has been a very important part of the team over the last few months and he has Premier League experience and is a top player. His experience and quality will help us and we're delighted he has joined us on a permanent basis."

Dorrans added: "I'm delighted and pleased to get it sorted and glad to join permanently.

"It's been a great few months, the boys welcomed me and it's been great to work with the gaffer and I look forward to the next couple of years." [/article]

Alexander Zorniger - Stuttgart (Head Coach)
150525_Alexander_Zorniger_464x261.jpg

[article=http://www.vfb.de/en/aktuell/meldungen/news/2015/az/page/3692-1-1-.html?f2]Alexander Zorniger will take over the role of head-coach at VfB Stuttgart as from the start of the 2015/2016 campaign. The 47-year-old from Schwäbisch-Gmünder has signed a three-year deal with the club.

"We are very happy to announce the signing of Alexander Zorniger as our new head-coach," said Sporting Director Robin Dutt, adding: "We have a concept for the club in our heads that fits in very well with the ideas and playing style of Alexander Zorniger. The focus is on returning to and identifying with the VfB school of though."

Alexander Zorniger commented on his commitment with VfB: "I am really looking forward to the challenge posed by VfB Stuttgart and I firmly believe that we can develop and build something together. It’s something very special for me to take charge of this club in my home town."

Along with the 47-year-old, the trainer team will consist of André Trulsen (co-trainer), Armin Reutershahn (assistant coach), Andreas Menger (goalkeeper coach) and Dr. Christos Papadopoulos (rehabilitation and fitness coach).[/article]

Massimo Luongo, Ben Gladwin - QPR (undisclosed fee, combined fee of reportedly £4 million)
CGGKr_PW0AA803J.jpg

[article= http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/massimo-luongo-joins-qpr-from-swindon-town-2474048.aspx#8eiM3hgf3clRHZKW.99]QPR have completed the signing of Swindon Town midfielder Massimo Luongo for an undisclosed fee.

The Australian international has penned a three year contract at Loftus Road.

Luongo enjoyed a stellar season in 2014/15, contributing six goals and eight assists as Town reached the League One Play-Off Final, only to succumb to defeat against Preston North End at Wembley. He was also voted into the PFA League One team of the year by his peers.

QPR Head Coach, Chris Ramsey, is delighted with the addition of the 22-year-old playmaker, commenting: “Mass is a player I know a lot about having played a part in his development at Spurs.

“He brings quality on the ball; the ability to link up play all across the pitch; and his goals and assists record at club and international level speaks volumes for a creative midfielder.

“As with any young player, there are areas of his game that need improving, but knowing him as I do, I know he will embrace the learning curve of playing for us in the Championship.

“I'm confident he will flourish at Loftus Road.”

Luongo, who played a pivotal part in the Socceroos’ triumph at the Asian Cup in January, scoring in the final on the way to being named player of the tournament, is relishing the move to Loftus Road, commenting: “Regular football is important to me. That’s why QPR appealed to me. I’m at my best when I’m playing week in, week out – I’m all for playing as many games as possible in a season.

“The step up to the Championship is going to be a challenge, but I’ll always back myself.

“I sat down with the manager (Chris Ramsey), and the big thing for me was where he wants to go with the club. Also, how he wants me to be involved attracted me. He sold it to me really well.

“I never want to rest on my laurels – I always want to push on. I’m very excited to now be a QPR player. I can’t wait to start pre-season and get my head down.”[/article]

Ben Gladwin - QPR
CGGmV7kWAAA3FT2.jpg

[article=http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/ben-gladwin-signs-qpr-swindon-town-2474082.aspx#4481x0ahWmsPWHfF.99]Ben Gladwin has joined QPR from Swindon Town for an undisclosed fee.

The versatile 22-year-old has signed a three year deal in W12, following former Robins team-mate Massimo Luongo to Loftus Road.

Like Luongo, Gladwin played a leading role in Swindon’s run to the League One Play-Off Final in 2014/15, with eight of his 11 goals coming in the final seven fixtures of the campaign.

He told www.qpr.co.uk: “I’m really pleased to be joining the club – and I’m really excited.

“There was interest from the Premier League but for me, personally, I think this move is a little more realistic at this stage of my career. Playing is what it’s all about. Sitting on the bench is no way to improve your game.

“Chris Ramsey is a fantastic coach and I’m sure he’ll improve me on the training pitch. I spoke to him earlier this week and was hugely impressed by what he had to say and where he sees me fitting in.

“Everyone I’ve spoken to about QPR said it would be a good move for me. I can’t wait to get going here.”

QPR Head Coach, Chris Ramsey, is relishing the opportunity to work with the promising attacker, commenting: “Ben’s a fine addition for us and someone myself and Les have been monitoring for some time.

“I'm happy we've persuaded him to come here because there was a lot of interest from other clubs, some in the Premier League. He just wants to come in and play and he'll get that opportunity with us.

“I'm looking forward to coaching him and working with a player I believe can only keep improving.”[/article]

Joshua King - Bournemouth (free transfer)
CGGc8R_WMAEiznz.jpg

[article=http://www.afcb.co.uk/news/article/joshua-king-completes-move-to-afc-bournemouth-from-blackburn-rovers-2474230.aspx#iolKwLDSqirVTl0x.99]AFC Bournemouth have announced their third summer signing in three days, capturing former Blackburn Rovers forward Joshua King.

Following the arrivals of Artur Boruc and Adam Federici, the Cherries have completed a deal for King, with the Norway international putting pen to paper on a three-year contract.

The 23-year-old was offered new terms to stay at Ewood Park, but has opted to join Eddie Howe’s squad ahead of the club’s first season in the Barclays Premier League.

King made 23 appearances in all competitions during the 2014/15 campaign, starting against his new team-mates in a 3-2 away defeat for the Cherries in August.

The former Manchester United player, who has also represented Hull City and Preston North End on loan, made headlines in this season’s FA Cup fifth round.

Having featured in the victory over Swansea City in the previous stage, he scored a hat-trick in a 4-1 win against Stoke City to continue Rovers’ impressive run in the competition.

Since making his international debut, King has been part of Norway’s qualification campaigns for the 2014 World Cup and 2016 European Championships, with one of his most recent caps coming in a friendly at Wembley against England back in November.

“I think there’s scope for development in his game,” Howe told Cherries Player.

“I don’t think we have seen the best of Joshua, but hopefully we can give him the stage to deliver that.

“We’ve seen, in flashes, at Blackburn what a good player he can be and the Stoke game was a real stand-out moment from his season.

“Whether he plays as a central striker or as a wide player, he has that versatility which will be invaluable to us.

“I wouldn’t bracket him as a winger, I would just describe him as an attacking player.

“He can play the number nine role for us, he can play the wide role for us.

“To have players with the flexibility to play different roles will be important to us.

“The big thing though is he gives us pace and we are going to need that in the Premier League to cause teams problems.” [/article]

Kevin Wimmer - Tottenham (£4.3 million)
1104342_heroa.jpg

[article=http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/wimmer-completes-move-290515/]We are delighted to announce that we have completed the signing of Kevin Wimmer from 1. FC Köln.

The central defender has signed a five-year contract.

The 22-year-old moved to Germany in 2012 from LASK Linz in his native Austria.

Kevin has gone on to become a regular in the FC Köln defence, as they earned promotion to the German top-flight in 2014, and was a standout performer in their first season back in the Bundesliga this year.

He made 72 appearances in total during his time in Germany, scoring twice and has also been capped at international level by Austria.[/article]

Christian Atsu - Bournemouth (loan)
CGL6yCJWIAAjepl.jpg

[article=http://www.afcb.co.uk/news/article/afc-bournemouth-sign-christian-atsu-on-season-long-loan-from-chelsea-2472178.aspx#276Z5hDt2RoJsWIr.99]AFC Bournemouth have their continued Barclays Premier League preparations with the season long loan signing of Christian Atsu from Chelsea, subject to Premier League approval.

The Ghana international, who signed for the Blues in September 2013, operates as a winger, although he can also play as an attacking midfielder.

Since joining the Premier League champions, Atsu has gained experience out on loan with Everton and Vitesse.

Collecting almost 40 caps for his country since his debut in 2012, he has played in the 2014 World Cup and was selected for two Africa Cup of Nations tournaments for Ghana.

The midfielder started his professional career in Portugal with Porto, where he was coached by former Chelsea and Tottenham manager Andre Villas Boas.

He continued his development with Rio Ave as he won the club’s player of the season award and attracted the attention of Chelsea.

The London side paid a reported fee of £3.5million for Atsu and offered him a five-year contract, with the chance to impress with Vitesse in the Eredivisie.

On his return to England 12 months ago, he agreed a loan deal to play under Roberto Martinez for Everton in the Premier League and Europa League.

Departing for international duty at the Africa Cup of Nation in January, Atsu was named the player of the tournament following a number of impressive performances.

The 23-year-old will be available to feature for the Cherries in the league, but unable to face his parent club in fixtures at the Goldsands Stadium and Stamford Bridge.

“I think he is a player, although he is a younger player, he is a player with outstanding experience when you look at his career he has had,” Howe told Cherries Player.

He has had a lot thrown at him – Porto, Vitesse, Chelsea, on the international stage - and he’s done very well on the international stage as well.

“We are loaning a player of huge potential, again we had to fight off several other Premier League clubs to get him, so we are very, very pleased.

“I think he will bring pace and ability to beat a man one-v-one which is very important in the Premier League, so for all those reasons I think he is a great signing for us.” [/article]

Jack Collison - Peterborough (free transfer)
CGM4dKPW0AEdzTP.jpg

[article=http://www.theposh.com/news/article/collison-2475567.aspx#r4fpltKY90ekRZ4l.99]Peterborough United have made their first summer signing with Welsh international Jack Collison penning a one-year deal at the ABAX Stadium.

The 26-year-old spent time in the Posh Academy and the Cambridge United youth set-up before joining West Ham's Academy after impressing on a trial with the Hammers.

Collison went on to play over 100 games for the Hammers scoring 14 goals and has made 17 appearances at international level.

Posh boss Dave Robertson was delighted with his first summer acquisition and said: 'I have been speaking with Jack for a number of weeks now and I am delighted that he has agreed to join the club and bought into what we are trying to achieve here. He brings a lot of experience and has obviously played at the highest level both with West Ham United and with his country Wales.

'He has scored some big goals including in a play-off semi-final and he fits into what we are looking for as coaches. I believe in Jack, I know what he can bring to this football club and myself and Grant (McCann) are looking forward to working with him.'

Collison has also spent time at AFC Bournemouth, Wigan Athletic and Ipswich Town during his career and has been linked with a host of clubs since his departure from Portman Road..

Collison said: 'It feels a bit like a fairytale because I started my career at Peterborough in the Academy so it is great to be back here. I knew the manager back then and I have been speaking with him and I believe in his plans for this football club. The manager has played a massive part in my decision to sign here.

'I had a great time with West Ham and have been working extremely hard day and night to get myself ready for a new challenge this summer and I am looking forward to meeting the boys in the dressing room in pre-season and getting out there on the pitch.' [/article]

Frank McParland - Burnley (Sporting Director)
frank-burnley-mcparland_3309675.jpg

[article=http://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/news/article/frank-mcparland-appointed-sporting-director-2476261.aspx#2t7UIHKtSqv8Jqu5.99]Burnley Football Club is delighted to announce the appointment of Frank McParland in the position of Sporting Director.

Liverpool-born McParland, 56, who worked at Watford as Chief Scout during Clarets boss Sean Dyche’s time there, and recently left the role of Director of Football at Sky Bet Championship side Brentford, will take up his new role from June 1.

In addition to working at Bolton Wanderers in the role of General Manager, McParland previously worked as Chief Scout at Liverpool between 2003 and 2007, before returning to Anfield in 2009 as the Director of Academy and Player Development, where he helped to recruit the likes of England international Raheem Sterling, Jordan Ibe and Jerome Sinclair.

And Burnley Football Club Chief Executive David Baldwin is delighted to be able to welcome someone with such a vast array of footballing experience to the club.

Baldwin said: “We welcome Frank to the club and we feel he will be a valuable addition to our team.

“His recruitment of talent is well documented and he has huge experience in working with players from Academy level all the way up to first team.

“We are confident this knowledge will be a big asset throughout the spine of our club as we look to recruit players both for the present and the future.”

Burnley manager Sean Dyche, who will continue to have the remit on player signings, added: “As the club continues to progress I have mentioned many times that things, both on and off the pitch, are changing to further improve and strengthen us, in order to continue to achieve.

“The structure is to change to include someone who has a long and deep knowledge at varying levels of football and who can play their part in enhancing our chances going forward.” [/article]

Yoshinori Muto - Mainz (undisclosed fee, reportedly €3 million)
CGQUloYUcAAVOE4.jpg

[article=http://www.mainz05.de/mainz05/en/aktuell/news/news-detail/article/mainz-05-verpflichtet-yoshinori-muto.html]1. FSV Mainz 05 have signed Japan international Yoshinori Muto for the upcoming season. The 22-year-old forward arrives from Japanese club FC Tokyo and will join Mainz on a four-year contract until June 2019. The transfer fee for Muto will remain undisclosed.

Yoshinori Muto came through the FC Tokyo youth academy. While studying for his economics degree, which he completed this year, he plied his trade for the Keio University team between 2010 and 2013. He signed his first contract for FC Tokyo in 2014, for whom he has netted 24 goals in 54 games in the J1 League. Muto has scored 10 goals in 16 games for the capital club in the current top-flight campaign, which runs in line with the calendar year. He has made 11 appearances for the Japan national team to date, scoring one goal.

“We’ve been sure for a long time that Yoshinori Muto has the quality we’ve been searching for the wings up front and we took to him very well during talks in Tokyo. We’re delighted he has chosen us, he also made his decision to sign for Mainz 05 well-known from a sporting perspective,” said Sporting Manager Christian Heidel.

Manager Martin Schmidt said: “We’ve been watching Yoshinori Muto for a long time now, also because we’re certain he suits Mainz 05 and our style of play. He’s quick, agile, and a very technical forward for the flanks, who will bring further quality in this position.”[/article]

Darren Randolph - West Ham (free transfer)
CGQxjhYWQAE_p1c.jpg

[article=http://www.whufc.com/News/Articles/2015/May/30-May/Hammers-catch-%E2%80%98keeper-Randolph]West Ham United are delighted to announce the signing of Republic of Ireland international goalkeeper Darren Randolph.

The 28-year-old will arrive on a free transfer on 1 July after his contract with Championship club Birmingham City expired, and will provide long-term competition for first-team stopper Adrián.

Randolph started 45 league games for the Blues in 2014/15, keeping 12 clean sheets and producing a string of outstanding performances as Birmingham recovered from a horrendous start to climb to a final position of tenth.

The Bray-born stopper began with Irish junior club Ardmore Rovers before moving to English football with Charlton Athletic at the age of 16 in 2005. Since then, he has chalked up nearly 300 career appearances.

After loan spells with Accrington Stanley and Gillingham, Randolph made his Premier League debut for the Addicks in a 2-2 draw with Liverpool at Anfield in May 2007.

Following further loan spells with Bury and Hereford United, Randolph moved north of the border to join Scottish Premier League club Motherwell, where he made his debut in a UEFA Europa League tie with Norwegian side Aalesund in July 2010 and immediately established himself as the No1.

A fantastic debut season in Scotland saw Motherwell reach the 2011 Scottish Cup final, while he also broke John Ruddy’s club record for clean sheets in a single season.

Randolph’s outstanding form and consistency saw him voted into the PFA Scotland Team of the Year in both 2011/12 and 2012/13, helping the Steelmen to finish second in the Scottish Premier League in the latter.

The goalkeeper’s form at Fir Park caught the eye of then-Ireland manager Giovanni Trappatoni, who called him up for the first time in autumn 2011. A senior international debut arrived in a friendly against Oman at Fulham’s Craven Cottage in September 2012, when he lined up alongside West Ham’s Joey O’Brien.

Randolph could add to that tally soon, as he is in the provisional Ireland squad for upcoming international matches with England and Scotland later this month.

Summer 2013 saw the Irish son of former American basketball player Ed Randolph, who played for Irish Premier League club UCD Marian in the late 1980s, move back to England with Birmingham.

At St Andrews, he missed just one league match in the past two seasons, attracting attention from Barclays Premier League clubs.

Randolph joins the long list of Irish players to have represented the Hammers, including Liam Brady (1986-90), Gary Breen (2002-03), Noel Cantwell (1952-60), Johnny Carroll (1948-49), Clive Clarke (2005-06), David Connolly (2003-04), Noel Dwyer (1958-60), Ray Houghton (1982), Chris Hughton (1990-92), Robbie Keane (2011), Fred Kearns (1949-54), David Kelly (1988-90), Danny McGowan (1948-54), Tommy Moroney (1947-53), Billy Neville (1957-58), Frank O’Farrell (1950-57), Joey O’Brien (2011-present) and Charlie Turner (1937-39).[/article]

Paul Clement - Derby County (Head Coach)
CGY7_87WQAAFwdO.jpg

[article=http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/derby-county-appoint-paul-clement-as-new-head-coach-2476603.aspx]Derby County is delighted to confirm the appointment of Paul Clement as their new Head Coach.

Clement, 43, has signed a three-year contract at the iPro Stadium after leaving his role as assistant manager at Spanish giants Real Madrid to join the Rams.

After successfully serving Chelsea, Paris St Germain and Real Madrid as assistant manager to Carlo Ancelotti, he was described by the Italian boss as ‘one of the most dynamic and intelligent coaches’ that he had worked with.

Clement replaces Steve McClaren as Derby’s Head Coach, who parted company with the club last month following a thorough review by the club’s board of the 2014/15 season, which ended with the Rams missing out on a place in the Sky Bet Championship’s Play-Off places.

Derby have made the decision to maintain the structure implemented on the football side of the club since September 2013 by appointing Clement as their Head Coach.

Upon beginning their search for a successor to McClaren, Clement’s excellent coaching credentials and skillsets quickly led to him becoming Derby’s preferred candidate to move the club forwards at a key time.

He will take charge with immediate effect and will meet Derby’s squad for the first time when they report back for pre-season training in June to begin their preparations for the 2015/16 season.

Derby County’s President & Chief Executive Sam Rush commented: “Paul Clement is one of the most in-demand coaches in world football and I am delighted that he has agreed to join Derby County as our new Head Coach.

“He is hugely respected, has exceptional relationships throughout football and tremendous coaching experience at some of the very best clubs in Europe.

“He is the perfect appointment at the next stage of Derby County’s development and we are looking forward to the coming season with a great deal of optimism.”

Upon joining Derby, Clement said: “I’m incredibly excited to be joining Derby County as Head Coach and I am looking forward to meeting the players and getting started.

“This is a massive club with fantastic facilities and a superb fan base who deserve success.

“Having spoken with Sam Rush and the owners I firmly believe we share the same desires and ambitions and that is to once again make Derby County a Premier League club.”

His first coaching role was with Chelsea in their Centre of Excellence, before he served Fulham in their Academy, in his first full-time position, and the Republic of Ireland at Under 21 level prior to returning to the Blues in 2007, initially with the youth and reserve sides.

His hard work and dedication to the job has seen him gain significant experience and work alongside some of the football’s elite performers, working his way up the coaching ladder to earn a sizeable reputation in the game.

He stepped up to the first-team staff under Guus Hiddink in 2009 – during which time Chelsea won the FA Cup – before being retained by Carlo Ancelotti following his appointment ahead of the 2009/10 season working alongside the likes of Frank Lampard, Didier Drogba and John Terry.

In his first season working with Ancelotti at Chelsea they won the Premier League and the FA Cup, before the Italian departed at the end of the 2010/11 season. Clement too moved on, working briefly as assistant to Steve Kean at Blackburn Rovers before linking up with Ancelotti again midway through to the 2011/12 season at Paris St Germain.

In the 2012/13, PSG won the Ligue 1 title, as well as working alongside the likes of David Beckham and Zlatan Ibrahimovic and, in the summer of 2013, Clement followed Ancelotti to Spanish giants Real Madrid.

In their first campaign, Madrid won the UEFA Champions League trophy for the tenth time in their history after a 4-1 win over Atletico Madrid after extra-time with both Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale amongst their goalscorers. They also defeated Barcelona in the Copa del Rey Final during the season.

These successes were followed by the UEFA Super Cup and Club World Cup a few months later.[/article]

Michael Krohn-Dehli - Sevilla (free transfer)
krohn.jpg

[article=http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11834/9872099/sevilla-sign-former-celta-vigo-midfielder-michael-krohn-dehli]Sevilla have signed Denmark midfielder Michael Krohn-Dehli on a two-year contract, the club have announced.

Krohn-Dehli becomes Sevilla's first signing for the 2015/16 campaign and joins the Europa League champions as a free agent after his contract with Celta Vigo expired this month.

The 31-year-old moved to Celta in the summer of 2012 from Brondby and has been pivotal in helping the Galician club defend their Primera Division status in the past three campaigns.

Krohn-Dehli made 36 league appearances as Celta finished an impressive eighth in La Liga this season.

A statement from Sevilla read: "Sevilla have signed Michael Krohn-Dehli for the next two seasons, with an optional third."

Sevilla missed out on qualification for the Champions League through La Liga as they finished fifth, but the successful defence of their Europa League title gives them a place in the competition next year.

Sevilla also won the competition in 2006 and 2007, with the latest triumph making them the most successful club in its history.[/article]

Marinus Dijkhuizen - Brentford (Head Coach)
CGZlYLfWQAEF0jw.jpg

[article=http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/news/article/brentford-fc-appoint-marinus-dijkhuizen-as-head-coach-2476692.aspx#rM7Mdh7TTG0gIEao.99]Marinus Dijkhuizen has been appointed as the new Head Coach of Brentford Football Club.

The 43-year-old from the Netherlands has been in the same post at S.B.V. Excelsior since January 2014.

Marinus signed a contract late last week to leave the Rotterdam club and take up the role at Griffin Park.

He will be assisted by fellow Dutchman Roy Hendriksen.

The pair will work with Co-Directors of Football Rasmus Ankersen and Phil Giles as part of Brentford’s new football management team.

Matthew Benham, Brentford FC Owner, said: “The appointment of the new Head Coach was a very important part of the restructure of the football management we have been undertaking.

“We wanted someone who could share our vision for the future of Brentford FC.

“We want to be an innovative club in everything we do and having a Head Coach who thinks in that way was very important.

“There was a wide search and lots of candidates were considered but Marinus was the overwhelming choice of everyone involved in the selection process.

“I am sure Brentford fans will join me in welcoming him to the Club and give him all their support in the coming months and years.”

Marinus said: “I am proud to be the new Head Coach of Brentford FC.

“I have been to Brentford FC once before, with my father and brother, to see a game against Coventry City in March 2014

“We stood on the terrace behind the goal and were pleasantly surprised by the quality of football.

“There was some very good play.

“We also loved the ambiance in and around the stadium.

“That is football at its best.

“I am looking forward to working with everyone at the Club for a bright future.”

Rasmus Ankersen said: “It has been important for us to find a coach who is open-minded, forward thinking and who has great man management skills.

“In the recruitment process, Marinus has shown all those qualities, and we are confident that he will be able to succeed in the role as Brentford FC’s Head Coach."

Phil Giles added: “I have met Marinus on several occasions recently and it became apparent very quickly that he was the outstanding candidate for the role.

“Rasmus and I are very much looking forward to working with Marinus and Roy over the coming seasons and we welcome them both to Brentford.”
Marinus started his playing career at non-league 'S-Gravenzandse SV and he had two spells at Excelsior.

The former striker also played for Dunfermline in the Scottish Premier League and for FC Utrecht in the Eredivisie, the top flight in the Netherlands.

His coaching career also started at 'S-Gravenzandse SV and he successfully managed fellow non-league sides vv Montfoort and vv De Meern, leading the latter to back-to-back promotions.

He also worked at Utrecht as an attacking coach and helped them to a Europa League place.

Marinus took over at Excelsior nearly 18 months ago and led them to promotion to the top division in his first half season at the helm.

Despite being the smallest club in the Eredivisie, Excelsior were always clear of relegation danger last season and finished in their highest league position for almost 30 years.

Roy, 46, is a former central defender who played in the top flight for Cambuur Leeuwarden during a 16-year professional career.

He moved in to coaching and spent three years as assistant coach at RKC Waalwijk before leaving in 2014.

Roy spent last season as assistant trainer at NEC.

He helped the Nijmegen side win the Jupiler League, the Dutch second tier, before leaving at the end of the campaign.

Cliff Crown, Brentford FC Chairman, said: “I would also like to echo the comments made by Phil and Rasmus and to welcome Marinus to the club.

“As a member of the selection panel I was impressed by Marinus’ preparation, his insight into the way the team played and his understanding of the philosophy which we believe in and which he clearly shares.

“I wish Marinus and Roy every success at Brentford.” [/article]

Stuart Webber - Huddersfield (Head of Football Operations)
CGb7IaKXIAAQkkU.jpg

[article=http://www.htafc.com/news/article/huddersfield-town-stuart-webber-2477469.aspx#sU0te0MXAxQRV72O.99]Huddersfield Town has today appointed Stuart Webber as the Club’s new Head of Football Operations.

Stuart, 31, joins the Terriers from fellow Sky Bet Championship club Wolverhampton Wanderers, where he had worked as Head of Recruitment since January 2013.

He started his career at Wrexham, where he headed up recruitment for the Club’s Centre of Excellence for over two years before becoming the Club’s Head of Youth; managing the Under-18s and taking responsibility for all age groups from Under-9s upwards.

In July 2009, Stuart joined Premier League Liverpool as the Club’s Director of Recruitment, where he spent three years managing a team of scouts and the overall recruitment strategy from the age of 19 down, working with the likes of Damien Comolli and Frank McParland on recruitment, alongside managers like Rafa Benitez and Kenny Dalglish.

Stuart subsequently joined Queens Park Rangers in August 2012 as Head of Scouting, taking responsibility for the implementation and design of a strategic approach to recruit players from First Team to Academy level.

At Wolves, Stuart led the recruitment team that signed the likes of Nouha Dicko, Kortney Hause and Benik Afobe among others.

Stuart now takes over the role that was vacated when Ross Wilson joined Premier League Southampton in March 2015.

Huddersfield Town Manager Chris Powell added:

“It’s great that Stuart has joined us at Huddersfield Town. His role is of paramount importance for a Championship football club and in supporting me as Manager. I’m sure he’ll do very, very well here.

“We saw how important Ross was in his role in bringing in players of the calibre of Jacob Butterfield and Conor Coady. That comes from watching players domestically and abroad, being connected with the right people and knowing when players are right for our club.

“The world of football recruitment has become much more complex in the last 10 to 15 years. The rise of technology means you can watch players at the touch of a button now and that has made the field more challenging, so we have to be cleverer than ever before.

“At Huddersfield, Stuart will be the main man in this field and we’ll trust his judgement - and that of the scouting team - as we work together with the Chairman and Board.

“I’m looking forward to working with Stuart. His work on the recruitment side will allow me to focus fully on preparing the squad for the challenges of the 2015/16 Sky Bet Championship season.”

Huddersfield Town’s Chief Executive Nigel Clibbens commented:

“Stuart’s arrival at Huddersfield Town is an important next step for the Club’s Football Operations; we’re delighted to be able to welcome him. He has excellent knowledge of players and has operated at Championship level, as well as in Premier League and Academy player development setups.

“The Club has taken its time over this appointment to ensure it gets the right man and the Chairman, Dean Hoyle, and Manager, Chris Powell, have been integral in the appointment of Stuart. We have all met a number of people and have been thorough and patient in making this appointment.

“Since the Head of Football Operations position was created in the summer of 2012, the Club has made huge strides forward in terms of its recruitment process and in its football structures behind the scenes. Following this hard work, the next challenge is to develop and improve further.

“Stuart also has a very important role in recruitment, particularly at professional level. He’ll work alongside the Manager, Chris Powell, and the Board of Directors to ensure that Huddersfield Town uses its available resources to full affect in order to continue the Club’s on the field progression.”[/article]

Sebastian Prodl - Watford (free transfer)
CGbMOv9XEAAq7Tn.jpg

[article=http://www.watfordfc.com/news/article/150601-watford-fc-sebastian-prodl-watford-fc-2477080.aspx#HO3SZ8T31LKtaryM.99]WATFORD FC is delighted to announce the signing of Austrian defender Sebastian Prodl on a five-year deal.

The Hornets won the race to sign the 27-year-old former Werder Bremen central defender amid strong interest from other Premier League sides.

Prodl appeared in both the Champions League and the Europa League during his seven years at the Weserstadion, as well as winning the German Cup in 2009.

The 6ft 4” stopper previously turned out for Austrian side Sturm Graz between 2006 and 2008.

An established Austrian International with 49 caps, Prodl represented his country at the European Championships in 2008.[/article]

Dedryck Boyata - Celtic (reportedly £1.5 million)
fbf3b843fdb900aa0c722c6ea313a04d.png

[article=http://www.celticfc.net/news/8390]CELTIC are delighted to announce the signing of Belgian internationalist Dedryck Boyata, who has joined the club on a four-year deal from Manchester City.

The 24-year-old defender becomes Ronny Deila’s first signing of the close season, and will join up with his new team-mates later this month when they report back for pre-season training ahead of the UEFA Champions League qualifiers.

Dedryck first joined Manchester City as a youth player back in 2006, and after coming through the ranks at the club, made his first-team debut in January 2010. The following season he made 17 appearances for City, and picked up an FA Cup winner’s medal.

He subsequently had a season-long loan at Bolton Wanderers, while he also had a short spell on loan with Dutch side, FC Twente, before returning to Manchester City.

And speaking exclusively to Celtic TV after signing for the Scottish Champions, Dedryck said: “It feels really good. Celtic are a very big club and it feels good to be a part of it.

“The manager came to see me in Manchester and I spoke to him about having me here and all the ideas he had for me playing for the team.

“So I was very pleased with his plans and from that point I thought that moving to Celtic would be a good idea and we tried to do everything right for me to move here.”

Everyone at Celtic wishes Dedryck all the best for the next four years as he joins the Scottish champions.[/article]

Michael Essien - Panathinaikos (free transfer)
CGiFp-_VAAAoJMq.jpg

[article=http://www.pao.gr/en/news/?itemid=e7a34df8-5094-4c55-9674-c56a17a0bbbe]Panathinaikos FC is delighted to announce that came to an agreement with Michael Essien. The Ghanaian midfielder will belong to our Club for the next two years and we welcome him to the family of Panathinaikos.

«I am very happy that I am here and that I will continue my career in Panathinaikos. I am looking forward to meet my new team and win trophies with my new teammates. I want to give back the love that everyone has shown me and to thank the fans that welcomed me so warmly», said Essien after he signed his new contract.[/article]

Nril Adkins - Sheff Utd (First Team Manager)
20150602-l-phipps-adkins135-2479619_478x359.jpg

[article=http://www.sufc.co.uk/news/article/sheffield-united-2478980.aspx#GKq8m6SJwl4tEFho.99]Nigel Adkins has agreed a three-year contract to become Sheffield United's new first-team manager.

The 50-year-old, who has won promotion from League One on three occasions, twice with Scunthorpe United and most recently with Southampton, will be joined at Bramall Lane by Andy Crosby (Assistant Manager) and Dean Wilkins (First-Team Coach).

The incoming trio will work alongside the existing backroom staff already contracted to the Club and will commence their roles with immediate effect.

Nigel met local and national media at a press conference in London on Tuesday afternoon.[/article]

Neil McDonald - Blackpool (Manager)
mcdonald-4x3204-2479522_478x359.jpg

[article= http://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/article/mcdonald-appointed-blackpool-manager-2479550.aspx#pQXFkZ5fHKf5tuM0.99]Blackpool Football Club is pleased to announce the appointment of Neil McDonald as the club’s new manager on a one-year rolling deal.

McDonald, 49, joins the club from Premier League side West Ham United, where he has spent the past four years as assistant manager to Sam Allardyce.

Prior to that he worked alongside Allardyce at Blackburn Rovers and Bolton Wanderers, as well as with Iain Dowie at Crystal Palace and Gary McAllister at Leeds United.

A highly-respected coach and the holder of a UEFA Pro Licence, McDonald managed Carlisle United to the club’s highest placed finish for 20 years in 2007, before briefly heading to Sweden to save Östersunds FK from relegation.

"This is a great opportunity for me, it's a massive football club in my opinion and I'm really looking forward to the challenge," McDonald told the official website. "It's a challenge that's going to be difficult - wherever you go it's always difficult - but it's a challenge that I'm really up for and really excited about.

"I've got to try and put my stamp on the football club and get it back to where it was. I've got to try and stabilise it first of all after what happened last year with relegation and change people's minds to try and get the confidence back and push the club on to pastures new."

McDonald, a former player with the likes of Newcastle United and Everton, will be joined on his coaching staff by Head of Youth Coaching Richie Kyle, who has been promoted to the role of first-team coach.

In light of further changes to the coaching staff, Paul Stephenson and Paul Crichton both leave the club. [/article]

Christian Fuchs - Leicester (free transfer)
CGlqD67W0AAc3pj.jpg

[article=http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/christian-fuchs-signs-for-leicester-city-2479915.aspx]Leicester City Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of defender Christian Fuchs on a three year contract.

The Austria national team captain, who has been capped over 60 times for his country, will join the Foxes on Wednesday 1 July on a free transfer after spending four years at German giants Schalke 04, where he lifted the DFL-Supercup in 2011.

Fuchs, who operates primarily at left back, becomes Nigel Pearson’s first signing of the summer and brings a wealth of experience with him to the Barclays Premier League, having spent a number of seasons playing in the Bundesliga and in the Champions League.

The 29-year-old, whose surname in German translates to Fox, told Foxes Player: “I’m happy that I’ve signed for Leicester City. It was always a goal for me to play in the Premier League, and I’m happy that this dream has come true.

A set-play specialist, Fuchs started his professional football career at Wiener Neustadt SC in 2002, before joining Austrian side SV Mattersburg, where he would go on to notch up over 100 appearances. After spells at three youth levels for Austria, he made his senior international debut during that time in a friendly fixture against Croatia in 2006.

After plying his trade in the Austrian top-flight for five years, the versatile full-back made the switch to then German Bundesliga side VFL Bochum, as well as representing his nation at the 2008 European Championships against Germany. He spent three seasons at the club, while completing the 2010/11 campaign, his final year at Bochum, on loan at FSV Mainz 05.

In the summer of 2011 Fuchs joined Schalke, where he would reach the pinnacle of club football, playing three consecutive seasons in the Champions League.

As well as helping his side finish third in the Bundesliga, a productive Europa League run, in which Schalke reached the quarter-finals only to be knocked out by eventual finalists Athletic Bilbao, ran alongside a fine 2011/12 campaign, with Fuchs making over 30 appearances in all competitions in his debut season.

Schalke’s third-place finish that year meant they qualified for the Champions League in the following campaign, where they would be beaten in the Round of 16 by Turkish side Galatasaray, as well as finishing fourth in the league. Again, Fuchs surpassed the 30 appearances mark for the second season in a row, while also competing in the 2014 World Cup Qualifiers for his nation.

Another successful campaign in Germany’s top flight saw Fuchs’ Schalke end the 2013/14 Bundesliga season in third position, while a masterclass from eventual Champions League winners Real Madrid meant the Royal Blues exited the competition at the Round of 16 stage. Further international appearances again ran parallel to his club involvement.

The 2014/15 campaign is certain to live longest in Fuchs’ memory after the defender opened the scoring at Real Madrid’s Santiago Bernabeu Stadium back in March, eventually helping his side to an astonishing 4-3 Champions League victory in Spain. A 2-0 defeat for Schalke in the first leg, however, meant Fuchs’ side were knocked out in the last 16 on aggregate.

Making over 30 club appearances that season, Fuchs took his total for Schalke to nearly 100 games, also helping his country to 2016 European Championship Qualifying wins over Liechtenstein and Russia in the meantime.

He will now look to be involved in Austria’s upcoming group fixture against Fabio Capello’s Russia on Sunday 14 June – Fuchs’ nation are currently unbeaten in Group G, sitting top of the table after five games, four points above second-placed Sweden.

After returning from international duty, Fuchs will then link up with the Leicester City squad at their pre-season training camp in Austria in preparation for his debut campaign in the Premier League.
[/article]

Michael Essien - Panathinaikos (free transfer)
CGiFp-_VAAAoJMq.jpg

[article=http://www.pao.gr/en/news/?itemid=e7a34df8-5094-4c55-9674-c56a17a0bbbe]Panathinaikos FC is delighted to announce that came to an agreement with Michael Essien. The Ghanaian midfielder will belong to our Club for the next two years and we welcome him to the family of Panathinaikos.

«I am very happy that I am here and that I will continue my career in Panathinaikos. I am looking forward to meet my new team and win trophies with my new teammates. I want to give back the love that everyone has shown me and to thank the fans that welcomed me so warmly», said Essien after he signed his new contract.[/article]
never do the two thumbs up. Never.

It looks so special needs.

Back
Top Bottom