• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Confirmed Transfers (2016/17)

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Binny

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member
Omar Gaber - FC Basel (reportedly €1.65 million + 15% sell on fee)
CiGz4SwWEAAysPC.png

[article]Swiss champion Basel says it has completed the signing of Egypt international Omar Gaber from Cairo club Zamalek.

Basel says the 24-year-old Gaber, who can play on the right side of defense and midfield, has signed a four-year contract. Financial details of the much-speculated move were not disclosed.

Gaber follows an established path for young Egypt internationals to join Basel, and then transfer to a bigger club in Europe.

Mohamed Salah of Roma and Arsenal's Mohamed Elneny both impressed at the Swiss club before making big-money moves.

Basel won its seventh straight Swiss league title this month to earn direct entry to the Champions League group stage next season.[/article]

Sebastián Coates - Sporting Lisbon (loan)
CiHZcx2WkAAizTC.jpg

[article]Sporting has extended its loan with the player Sebastián Coates.

Official statement:

"Sporting Clube de Portugal, Futebol, SAD has reached an agreement with Sunderland AFC for the athlete Sebastián Coates for the extension of his loan until the end of the 2016/2017 season. Sporting SAD wishes Sebastián Coates the best of professional and personal success".

Coates arrived at Alvalade in the January transfer window and has played a crucial role at the heart of the Sporting defence, featuring 12 times already in Liga NOS and Europa League matches.[/article]

Tor-Kristian Karlsen - Maccabi Haifa (Sporting Director)
Tor-Kristian_Karlse_575584p.jpg

Renato Sanches - Bayern Munich (€35 million plus add ons)
CiFqWk4U4AATPvw.jpg

[article]FC Bayern München, Portugal international Renato Sanches (18) and the player’s club Benfica have agreed terms bringing the midfielder to FCB for the start of the 2016/17 season. Renato Sanches rates as one of the most talented young players in European football. The player completed the obligatory pre-transfer medical in Munich on Monday and has signed a five-year contract binding him to the German champions until 30 June 2021.

“FC Bayern has been watching Renato Sanches for a long period,” commented FC Bayern München AG chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, “we’re pleased we’ve been able to sign him despite big-name international competition. Renato is dynamic, a good tackler and a technically skilled midfielder who’ll add even more strength to our team.”

Bayern deputy chairman Jan-Christian Dreesen commented: “The transfer fee for the current international, who was voted the Shooting Star of Portuguese Football in his home country yesterday evening, is €35 million, plus possible bonus payments that could become due if for example the player is named in the World Team of the Year or FIFA World Player of the Year.”[/article]

from transfermarkt.co.uk:
CiGv4BkUUAAxSGM.jpg

Mats Hummels - Bayern Munich (reportedly £30 million)
1024x534.7096774193549__origin__0x13_GettyImages-481932944-700x367.jpg

[article]FC Bayern München, World Cup winner Mats Hummels (27) and Borussia Dortmund have agreed terms bringing the defender to FCB for the start of the 2016/17 season. Hummels, who grew up in Munich and is a product of the club’s youth academy, will undergo the obligatory pre-transfer medical in Munich before signing a five-year contract binding him to the German champions until 30 June 2021.

“We are delighted that Mats Hummels has decided in favour of FC Bayern,” commented FC Bayern München AG chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge. “Mats is one of the best centre-backs in the world. With him we will increase the quality in our team even further.”The player joins FC Bayern for an undisclosed fee.

"After so many successful years at BVB, it wasn’t an easy decision," emphasised Hummels. "I am and always have been proud to wear the Dortmund shirt and to be part of this extraordinary side."

Hummels, who came up through the ranks at Bayern and whose family live in Munich, still has unfinished business in Dortmund however and is looking to sign off in style against his future employers.

"Before I return to my hometown in the summer, we still have one big, common goal: to bring the DFB Cup back to Dortmund and celebrate with BVB fans," he said. "From the bottom of my heart, I want to thank my teammates, all the staff and the fans for this long and wonderful time in black and yellow."[/article]

Last edited:
Hamdi Harbaoui - Udinese (free transfer)
CiB2sucXAAA8H1Q.jpg

[article]Udinese Calcio is pleased to announce the signing of Hamdi Harbaoui. Harbaoui is a Tunisian striker born in Bizerte (Tunisia) on 5th January 1985 who has dual Tunisian and Belgian citizenship. Harbaoui has signed a three-year deal until the end of June 2019.

Harbaoui came through the academy and then established himself in Esperance Tunis' first-team squad, where he made his first-team debut in professional football and won many national trophies before receiving a call from Belgian side Mouscron.

Harbaoui spent his early European career scoring in minor leagues: he helped Lokeren getting promoted to the Belgian Pro League and was the Oud-Heverlee Leuven's leading goal scorer with 25 strikes in 33 matches, helping the Belgian side winning the second division in the 2010-2011 season.

In the Belgian top league, from 2011 to date, he scored 58 goals in 123 games, not to mention the 21 strikes in 28 appearances with Qatar Sports Club, where he was on loan in 2015. In his last game at Lokeren, which took place on 7th May, he scored four goals against Mechelen.

The Tunisian forward won a Belgian Cup in the 2011-2012 and 2013-2014 seasons and the title of top Pro League scorer in the 2013-2014 season with 22 goals.

Harbaoui was a regular through the various Tunisia's youth teams and scored three times in 11 appearances with Tunisia First Team.[/article]

Gus Poyet - Real Betis (Manager)
poyet.jpg.700x380_q85_crop-center.jpg

[article]Real Betis Balompié has signed Uruguayan coach Gustavo Poyet as new Green-and-White manager for the next two seasons. Poyet will be one of the pillars of the project begun by the new Sports Director, Miguel Torrecilla.

Gustavo Augusto Poyet Domínguez (Montevideo, Uruguay, 1967) played for River Plate from Uruguay, Grenoble, Real Zaragoza, Chelsea FC and Tottenham Hotspur. He won 26 caps with Uruguay national team. As a player he won the following trophies: one Copa America, two Cup Winner’s Cup, one Europe’s Super Cup, one Copa del Rey, one FA Cup and one Community Shield.

He began his coaching career as manager for Swindon Town. He then became assistant manager of Dennis Wise in Leeds United and of Juande Ramos in Tottenham Hotspur. He was in charge in Brighton & Hove Albion, team that he promoted from League One to Championship and then brought the team to the promotion play-offs for Premier League. He was appointed as Sunderland AFC boss in 2013, where he stayed until 2015. He has been the manager for AEK Athens this past season.

Real Betis Balompié would like to thank the work done by Juan Merino and his technical staff this season, who have lead the team to achieving the target of the season. Once again, Merino has offered the best services to the Club, as he has done since he arrived to the Institution being just 16. Real Betis Chairman has personally informed Juan Merino about this decision, and he will sit down in the bench for the last time next Sunday in the last game of the season.[/article]

Jodi Jones - Coventry City (undisclosed fee)
JS88105723.jpg

[article]Coventry City have signed Dagenham and Redbridge winger Jodi Jones on a four-year deal for an undisclosed fee.

The Sky Blues have clinched the deal to bring the 18-year old to Coventry on a permanent basis, joining the club on July 1st.

Jones came through the ranks at the Dagenham and Redbridge Academy and has immediately impressed since making his Football League debut in February 2015 at the age of 17.

Since his debut for the Daggers, he has made 40 appearances in all competitions, scoring four goals, including three this season against Notts County, Barnet and Exeter City.

Jones joined the Sky Blues in March and scored a brace in his first game for the Under-21s against Bristol City, and made six appearances for the first-team.

City boss Tony Mowbray said: "We're delighted to get this deal over the line as it represents a huge deal for our football club.

"Jodi is a player we've tracked for some time during his time at Dagenham and Redbridge and we've been really impressed with him since he joined us on loan.

"He has a fantastic attitude where he applies himself every day at Ryton to improve and work on his game. We originally brought him in on loan to get a feel for the place ahead of this deal but he forced his way into the side with his impressive performances and the natural ability he has.

"We're looking to build a competitive squad for next season and the future so to secure Jodi's services for the next four years is great news for the football club."

Technical Director Mark Venus said: "We've been able to beat a number of other clubs to his signature and this is the most valuable transfer for the club for a number of years.

“We need deals like this to help progress the club to the next level and when we believe a player has the potential to push this football club forward, we will invest to make sure we achieve our aims.

"We’ll be working tirelessly over the summer as we look to build a squad for next season which can continue the progress we’ve made during our time at the club."[/article]

Supposedly highly rated. Article about him being scouted by 30 clubs back in Oct 2015:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...owing-footsteps-John-Terry-Jermain-Defoe.html

Jayden Stockley - Aberdeen (free transfer)
160511_jayden_stockley_header_initial_01_rdax_777x440_80.jpg

[article]Aberdeen have signed Bournemouth striker Jayden Stockley on a pre-contract as the Dons build-up for next season continues.

The 22-year-old, who made his Cherries debut at the age of 15, has been on loan at Exeter City, where he scored 10 times in 22 appearances and has previously had spells on loan at a number of clubs down south including Leyton Orient, Accrington and Cambridge.

The new Don said that the prospect of playing in Europe was one of the main attractions is continuing his career in Scotland. "To get the opportunity to be involved in European football was a big part of coming here and also the plans the manager outlined for the future which are really exciting."[/article]

Christian Heidel - Schalke (Sporting and Communications Director)
nach-ueber-23-jahren-beim-fsv-mainz-05-steht-christian-heidel-vor-einem-wechsel-zu-schalke-04-.jpg

[article]The end of the 2015/16 season marks an important change at FC Schalke 04. After the Bundesliga game this coming Saturday (14th May) at TSG Hoffenheim, Horst Heldt will officially resign from his position as the Royal Blues’ sporting director. From Sunday, the 15th May onwards, Christian Heidel will take on the role of sporting and communications director on the FC Schalke 04 board.

"This seamless transition has been mutually prepared for in several meetings over the last few months. The supervisory board have agreed to the procedure as well," announced Schalke’s chairman of the supervisory board Clemens Tönnies. "I am very pleased that Christian Heidel and Horst Heldt have cooperated with me to aid this process."

Christian Heidel will be under a four-year contract with FC Schalke 04 lasting until the 30th June 2020. Prior to now, the 52-year-old has been sporting director and board member at 1. FSV Mainz 05 since 1992.[/article]

Did a good job at Mainz and gave Klopp and Tuchel their managerial chance.

Toni Martinez - West Ham (£2.4 million)
tonimartinezsigns_726.jpg

[article]West Ham United are delighted to announce the signing of promising Spanish forward Toni Martinez from Valencia CF.

The 18-year-old striker has been a prolific scorer throughout his time with Los Che, netting more than 100 times over the past four seasons.

The Spain U17 international will join the Hammers on a three-year contract on 1 July 2016, but Valencia have kindly given the 18-year-old permission to train with his future teammates immediately to help him to settle in England.

The Murcia-born frontman, who was also part of the Spain U19 squad which ultimately won the 2015 UEFA European Championship title, is looking forward to linking up with West Ham this summer.

“For me, it’s a great opportunity to be here and I hope to make the most of being at such a big club,” said Martinez, who will celebrate his 19th birthday in June.

“I joined West Ham because of the progress that the club is making. The decision to come here was made because it is a brilliant opportunity to join an interesting club in the Premier League.”

Martinez featured eight times for Valencia in the UEFA Youth League this season, scoring once and recording three assists as his side reached the Round of 16 before being eliminated on penalties by Chelsea.

And it is a former Blues striker that the teenager models his game on – Atletico Madrid and Spain star Fernando Torres.

Having agreed to follow in Torres’ footsteps and move to London, Martinez has hopes of making his own name in the Premier League.

“I am a striker and usually get compared to Fernando Torres,” he confirmed. “I am a striker, but I also like getting back and playing as part of the team.

“The Premier League is well considered across the world and in Spain, we believe that it is one of the best leagues in the world. This is a fantastic opportunity and I am fulfilling a lifelong dream by signing for one of the big clubs in the Premier League.”

While Martinez will initially join Terry Westley’s Development Squad, Martinez has long-term ambitions of forcing his way into the first-team squad at the Club’s new home.

West Ham move to the 60,000-capacity Stadium on Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in Stratford this summer, and the new boy harbours hopes of running out there in a Claret and Blue shirt before too long.

“The prospect of playing in front of 60,000 people next year really catches my attention, and it is a Stadium that has so much history,” he concluded. “I am hoping to be able to get the opportunity to do that and I hope that it will be soon.”[/article]

Chris Loewe - Huddersfield (free transfer)
CfXLPauUkAAJ4uG.jpg

[article]Huddersfield Town can confirm that Chris Loewe will join the Club from 2. Bundesliga side 1. FC Kaiserslautern as a free agent on 1 July 2016.

Loewe, a 26 year-old left back, has put pen to paper on a three year contact with the Terriers.

Born on 16 April 1989 in Plauen, Germany, Chris started his career in the youth systems of 1. FC Wacker Plauen and then Chemnitzer FC, signing professional terms at the latter.

He made his professional debut in November 2007, often playing on the left side of midfield for Chemnitzer.

After 88 appearances and nine goals, he joined German giants Borussia Dortmund in 2011 on a four year contract.

Chris made 11 appearances for Jürgen Klopp’s First Team and was part of the squad that won the 2011/12 Bundesliga title and the DFB-Pokal Cup; he also played in the Champions League.

During his time at the Club, Loewe also worked under Town’s current Head Coach David Wagner in the Dortmund II side.

5’ 8” tall Chris moved to 2. Bundesliga side 1. FC Kaiserslautern in 2013, where he established himself as a First Team regular and was eventually made captain. He has made well over 100 appearances for the Red Devils.

Loewe will arrive in West Yorkshire with just over 200 appearances under his belt in Germany’s top three divisions, with over 100 of those coming in the second tier. During those games he has notched an impressive 40 assists for his teammates.

Huddersfield Town Head Coach David Wagner commented:

“I know Chris from our time together at Dortmund; he is a player I like a lot.

“Everyone knows him as a player in Germany, as he is often voted as the best left back in in the 2. Bundesliga.

“Everyone also knows he is out of contract in the summer and a lot of heavyweight clubs in Germany, England and elsewhere were interested in such a quality player who is on the market.

“Given this was the case, the fact we have been able to bring a player of Chris’ quality to Huddersfield shows we are going in the right direction.

“Chris possesses good speed and is a good attacker from the left back position, whilst he also likes to defend. He is also a good age; a player in his prime.

“He is also a great character; a leader in the dressing room who has captained the team. He also possesses the winning mentality that we have talked about recently as he’s won titles, trophies and promotion with Chemnitzer and BVB II.” [/article]

Joe Cole - Tampa Bay Rowdies (free transfer)
CiL863bWkAEEI_G.jpg

[article]Rowdies owner Bill Edwards did not mince words when talking about the signing of former English Premier League midfielder Joe Cole.

"I think this is the most significant player to be signed in the NASL in its history,'' Edwards said.

Cole, 34, was officially introduced to media and fans in a news conference Wednesday morning at the Mahaffey Theater. His contract with Tampa Bay runs through the 2017 season, with a club option for 2018.

He arrived in St. Petersburg on Tuesday night after completing the season with Coventry City in the English First Division. He's scheduled to practice with the team today and Friday and, according to coach Stuart Campbell, will play Saturday at home against Rayo Oklahoma City.

"I could've had two weeks off to freshen up, but I wanted to hit the ground running,'' Cole said.

Cole has had a distinguished career in England's highest division. He started in the EPL with West Ham United in 1998 before joining Chelsea in 2003. He stayed with Chelsea through the 2010 season. He also played for Liverpool and Lille in France's Ligue 1 before joining Coventry City.

He has 56 caps as a member of England's national team and appeared in the 2002, 2006 and 2010 World Cups. He has 10 career goals as a national team member. In his club career he has 53 goals, including 28 with Chelsea.

Cole, who was born in the Paddington area of London, has been on teams that won three FA Cups and two League Cups. With Chelsea, he helped win three EPL titles.

"I still believe Joe can perform at the very highest level,'' said Campbell, who played against Cole in England. "I look at the players who are in the Premier League right now, and Joe can still do the job at that level.''

Edwards said the club started courting Cole about six months ago, when the Rowdies made a trip to England to play exhibition matches. Cole made a trip with his family to St. Petersburg in February to watch exhibition matches between the Rowdies and Major League Soccer teams.

While he had never been to the bay area, Cole said he was already familiar with the club.

"I heard of the Tampa Bay Rowdies because of Rodney Marsh,'' Cole said, referring to the former Rowdies star of the 1970s who, like Cole, came to the bay area after starring in England. "He was my grandparents' favorite player. The Rowdies are actually a big name in England. And when I came over here for a visit, I fell in love with the place and thought it would be a lovely place to play and live.''

The Rowdies are hoping Cole performs better than last year's big acquisition, former U.S. national team member Freddy Adu. Adu has not played in a match this season despite being eligible.

Cole scored one goal in 15 appearances with Coventry City. The Rowdies (2-1-2) have scored only four goals in five matches and are hoping Cole will provide an offensive spark.

"We're thrilled to have him here,'' Edwards said. "I think he'll have a huge impact on the rest of the team. We have a great team, this is just adding to it. We intend to add more. We are not done.''[/article]

René Girard - Nantes (Manager)
CiKShuXXEAAiKar.jpg

[article]Nantes have hired former Montpellier and Lille boss Rene Girard to be their new manager for next season, the club have announced.

Girard, 62, will replace Michel Der Zakarian, who announced last month that he would not be signing a new contract with a club he guided back to Ligue 1 in 2013.

Girard, who has been out of work since leaving Lille a year ago, has signed a two-year contract with the eight-time French champions.

The former France under-21 coach led Montpellier to a shock first Ligue 1 title in 2012 and Lille finished third in 2014 at the end of his first season in charge.

Lille struggled for goals under Girard, however, and an eighth-placed finish last season proved below expectations.

Nantes are currently 12th in Ligue 1 having fallen away badly since the end of March as speculation over Der Zakarian's future intensified.

He eventually announced his departure live on television following a 1-1 draw at Marseille, saying that he no longer wanted to work with Nantes president Waldemar Kita.[/article]

Lex Immers - Cardiff (undisclosed fee)
CiPycPfXEAEsHN4.jpg

[article]Cardiff City Football Club is pleased to confirm that terms have been agreed with Feyenoord for the permanent transfer of Lex Immers.

Personal terms have also been agreed with Lex, who returned to the Welsh Capital on Wednesday to meet Club officials. Lex will officially become a Cardiff City player as of 1st July 2016, having signed a two year deal.

The twenty-nine year-old Dutchman made a significant impact with the Bluebirds after signing for the club on loan back in January. During his temporary spell at the Club, Lex scored five goals in fifteen appearances as he very quickly established himself as a fan-favourite.

Lex’s signing marks the Bluebirds’ first of the summer transfer window, with the club free to trade following the lifting of the previously imposed FFP embargo.

Speaking of the news, Executive Director & CEO Ken Choo said: “We’re delighted to be officially welcoming Lex to the Cardiff City family. The impact he made during his time on loan was significant, and we feel that he is the right fit for the future we see for the Football Club. A number of other clubs wanted him this summer, but I’m thrilled that he has shown such commitment and loyalty to us.”

Lex Immers added: “It only took one meeting with the CEO for me to know that this was where I wanted to be. My family are already settled in Cardiff and the rapport I have with the fans is something I want to nurture going forward. This is a fantastic club with ambition that matches my own.”[/article]

Ousmane Dembele - Dortmund (undisclosed fee, reportedly €15 million plus add ons)
dembele_ousmane_0.jpg

[article]The eight times German Champion Borussia Dortmund has secured the services of one of the most sought after football talents throughout Europe on a long term basis: Ousmane Dembélé (18, currently with Stade Rennes/France) will have a contract with BVB until 30.06.2021.

Rennes and BVB have today agreed all the terms and conditions for the transfer. All parties have agreed to remain silent and keep all information confidential.

Dembélé, who was born in Normandy and has played for the French national team at every youth academy level committed himself early on to Borussia and he has turned back many offers from top European clubs within the last few months.

"Ousmane can play nearly every position in attack. He is strong one-on-one, he can play with both feet, he is good at nutmegging and dribbling, and he is fast and dangerous in front of goal,“ was the way Borussia Dortmund’s Sporting Director Michael Zorc raved about the player. "I have nothing but respect when I see how many high profile offers from all over Europe Ousmane has turned back and how he has stood firm about his commitmemt to BVB over such a long period of time.“ Hans-Joachim Watzke (CEO) noted: „it is not always obvious that someone will act this way and it shows real character. He has always given us the impression that he does not wish for anything else other than to play our intensive football for our special club in our unique stadium.“

Borussia Dortmund has been watching the French top talent intensively for several years. In his first season he played 25 games for Stade Rennes and scored 12 goals in the top French league and he also provided the assist for five other goals. Just a short while ago Dembélé was voted the best up and coming young player in Ligue 1.

Ousmane Dembélé is really looking forward to the new challenge: "BVB showed a lot of interest in me right from an early stage and they have always kept close contact with me – this really impressed me. I am totally convinced of the Borussia sporting concept. I can hardly wait to play in the Bundesliga in front of more than 80 000 spectators in the Signal Iduna Park and to walk onto the pitch in the Champions League with my new team mates.“[/article]

Last edited:
Jordan Rossiter - Rangers (reportedly £250k)
CiW8fI6WwAErDxV.jpg

[article]RANGERS can today confirm that Jordan Rossiter has signed an agreement with the club to join the Light Blues in the summer.

England youth international Rossiter will join Mark Warburton’s side from Liverpool on a four year deal until 2020.

The highly regarded midfielder has been courted by a number of top clubs before electing to join the Gers after being sold on the club by head of recruitment Frank McParland and the Rangers management team.

Rossiter made five first team appearances for his boyhood club after captaining and graduating from the Liverpool academy, including featuring against Sion in the Europa League, Jurgen Klopp’s first game in charge of the Merseyside club.

Speaking to the club today, Gers boss Warburton spoke highly of his third recruit for season 2016/17 following the captures of Matt Crooks and Josh Windass.

He said: “Jordan is an outstanding young England youth international who will be an excellent addition to the Rangers squad.

“It is a pleasure to welcome him to the club.”[/article]

Naldo - Schalke (free transfer)
32437_160515_naldo_658x370.jpg

[article]One of the division’s most experienced defenders is linking up with the Royal Blues next season. Naldo has joined FC Schalke 04 from VfL Wolfsburg on a free transfer. The 33-year-old has put pen-to-paper on a two-year deal.

“When we heard that Naldo was available, we immediately made him one of our targets. It was enormously important to sign such an experienced player, to bolster out young team,” explained incoming sporting director Christian Heidel.

“My time in Wolfsburg was successful and the club will always hold a special place in my heart,” added the defender. “But when Christian Heidel spoke to me it was clear that this would be a new and exciting challenge. I have a chance to celebrate more success with another strong side.” Naldo made 40 competitive appearances for the Wolves during the 2015/16 season.

The Brazilian’s Bundesliga career started in 2005 when he joined Bremen. He spent seven years with Werder, making 173 Bundesliga appearances and scoring 22 goals. He lifted the 2009 DFB Cup with them. Naldo joined VfL Wolfsburg in 2012. He made 119 top flight appearances for the Lower Saxony side, scoring 12 goals in the process. He lifted the Cup with them again in 2015. He's finished second in the Bundesliga on three occasions (2006 and 2008 with Bremen; 2015 with Wolfsburg) and helped Werder Bremen to the 2009 Europa League final. Naldo has also featured four times for the Brazil national team. [/article]

One free transfer in place of another (Matip). Not a bad start by Christian Heidel.

One of the best goalscoring defenders of the last few years – he will replace Matip in this aspect, but not defensively.

Havard Nordtveit - West Ham (free transfer)
CikHhrhWkAAVhTh.jpg

[article]West Ham United are delighted to confirm that Norway international midfielder Havard Nordtveit will join the Club on a free transfer on 1 July.

The Borussia Moenchengladbach man will leave the German side upon the expiration of his contract, with the Hammers having beaten off competition from several top European outfits to land their man.

Nordtveit, 25, signs on a five-year deal and returns to London six years after leaving Arsenal to join Monchengladbach.

He told the Official Website: “It has always been a dream for me to play in the Premier League and now I have a big opportunity to do that for West Ham – I cannot wait to start!

“This team has something special, a spirit in the team that I can fit into. I will work hard and hopefully I can get some good moments at this Club.

“I’m a player who can play many roles on the pitch, but I’m from Norway so maybe a little bit more running, tackles and try to spread a few balls around me.

“I’m looking forward to showing what I can do, but hopefully I have something to help West Ham achieve even more.”

Born in the village of Vats in western Norway in June 1990, Nordtveit became the youngest player to represent Haugesund when he was named in the starting line-up in an August 2006 win over Sogndal two months past his 16th birthday.

He remained with Haugesund for a further year, before Arsenal took him to the Barclays Premier League for the first time.

A defensive midfielder who can also play at the back, Nordtveit made the substitutes’ bench at Emirates Stadium but could not force his way into the first team before moving on to Moenchengladbach in December 2010.

Before then, loan spells at Salamanca, Lillestrom and 1. FC Nuremburg gave him a flavour of first-team football, setting the Norwegian up for a successful spell in the Bundesliga.

He quickly became a regular for Die Fohlen and played 187 games for the German side in his five-and-a-half seasons there, scoring 12 goals.

This past season, Nordtveit showed his versatility by playing as a centre-half and central midfielder during Moenchengladbach’s impressive campaign, which saw them finish fourth in the Bundesliga, despite losing their opening five league matches!

Nordtveit has also featured prominently for his country, earning 28 caps and scoring two goals since making his debut for Norway in 2011.[/article]

Josip Brekalo - Wolfsburg (reportedly €7 million plus add ons)
CihLFgpW0AARTsU.jpg

[article]The future VfL Wolfsburg squad is already beginning to take shape. Croatian winger Josip Brekalo makes the move from Dinamo Zagreb to the Wolves, signing a deal with the club until 2021. Details of the transfer remain undisclosed. The 17-year-old Croatian junior international made his first team debut for Dinamo Zagreb last December and has since then made eight top-flight appearances. In 2015, the right-footer was a regular in the Croatian U17 side at the World Cup in Chile and the European Championships in Bulgaria. This season, Brekalo made four U19 appearances for his country in European Championship qualification, scoring three goals.

VfL Director of Sport Klaus Allofs: "We are delighted that Josip Brekalo has opted for a move to VfL Wolfsburg. He is a very talented player, who is just at the beginning of his development and he has a huge future ahead of him. With us, he will be given the time he needs to definitively establish himself in the senior team." Head-coach Dieter Hecking is also happy about the future collaboration. "Josip is a very fast player, who is particularly strong in one-on-one situations. He is the ideal addition to our attacking game and increases our variation and flexibility in that area."

Josip Brekalo is excited about the new challenge. "It has always been my dream to play in the Bundesliga. VfL Wolfsburg is a club with great prospects, with whom I can continue my development at the highest level. Those responsible at VfL made a great effort to sign me and they clearly explained the route the club intends to take. I am really happy to be a future member of this strong team and I will be giving my all in helping the club in continuing their positive development."[/article]

Bobby Wood - Hamburg (reportedly €3.5 million)
CifGboeWgAARKqK.jpg

[article]Bundesliga club Hamburg have announced they have completed the signing of U.S. international Bobby Wood from Union Berlin.

Wood, 23, has signed a four-year contract with Hamburg, tying him to the side until 2020, after reportedly holding talks on Friday.

The striker has scored 17 goals in 30 matches in the second tier this season, setting a record for goals scored by an American in Germany.

The standout performances for Union have not only won Wood a place in the 40-man preliminary squad for next month's Copa America, but also brought him to the attention of a wider audience in Germany.

Hamburg rounded off their 2015-16 season with a 3-1 win at Augsburg as the club finished 10th in Germany's top tier.

Wood said on Union Berlin's official website: "I can only thank everyone here for the support this year. At Union, I got a lot of trust and won a lot of minutes. I was able to make the next step here and also to win the confidence you need as a forward to score goals. It makes me proud that I have become a part of the club's history with my goals."

He added on Hamburg's official website: "I am delighted to get the chance to play at this traditional club. The talks with those responsible, especially coach Bruno Labbadia, went really well. I had a good feeling straight away that this is the right step and the right club for me.

"By now, Germany has become my home away from home. It's every youth player's dream to play as high as possible, and in Germany that's the Bundesliga. Thus it's a dream turned into reality. I definitely dare to play [in the] Bundesliga. You always want to improve."

Union's sporting director Helmut Schulte said: "Bobby's a young forward who caught attention with his style of play and his goals. His path directly leads into Bundesliga and we wish him all the best for that. We have clarity early and the opportunity to fill the forward position. That's a good situation for all sides and everyone involved can be proud."[/article]

Andy Yiadom - Barnsley (free transfer)
Cik5nWrWsAAOg5o.jpg

[article]Barnsley Football Club is delighted to welcome Barnet captain Andy Yiadom to Oakwell on a free transfer, after the Bees skipper signed a two-year contract with the Reds.

Yiadom has appeared 177 times for Barnet where he has flourished as a full-back and winger with his pace and skill, hitting the net on seven occasions during the 2015/16 season.

The Club is thrilled to welcome Yiadom, who had a number of suitors chasing his signature following yet another impressive campaign in the capital, to South Yorkshire.

Speaking to barnsleyfc.co.uk, Head Coach Paul Heckingbottom said, “We are really pleased Andy has chosen us as the next step of his career. He’s an athletic and exciting player with experience but also has his best years ahead of him at 24 years of age.”

Andy told Barnsley PlayerHD, “I’m very pleased to come to a club like Barnsley. They’ve done very well and I’m just looking forward to getting out there and doing my best for the Club.

“I know they play attacking and exciting football, that’s what I’m looking forward to doing.”[/article]

Grant McCann - Peterborough (First Team Manager)
CiksHaSWEAIsoKL.jpg

[article]The football club have appointed Grant McCann as the new manager.

Peterborough United Football Club are pleased to announce Grant McCann as the new manager with the former player, coach and caretaker boss penning a four-year contract at the ABAX Stadium.

As part of the structure moving forward, Mark Tyler will be the Goalkeeping Coach, David Farrell will manage the newly formed under 21s and Jack Collison will continue in his role as under 18s manager. McCann will appoint his assistant manager in due course.

McCann oversaw four games in caretaker charge of the club, winning three and drawing one during that period, scoring 16 goals. He admitted he was honoured to be given the chance to take this club forward;

“I would like to thank the chairman and the board of directors for the opportunity and I can’t wait to get started. I am ready for this role, I have a strong affinity with this football club and the supporters have really got behind me during my spell in caretaker charge.

“We have some good people in the management structure who have played for this football club and know what representing this club means. I will be making an appointment as an assistant manager from outside of the club and that will be good to provide a different voice. It was really important to get things done now before the summer because we have a lot of work to do.

“I am already in talks with potential new players for this football club. I am sure the supporters are aware of how I like the game to be played and we will be working hard on what we do without the ball in pre-season to get that right. I am looking forward to the challenge ahead,” McCann said. [/article]

Hayden White - Peterborough (free transfer)
CikuzSUWwAQLb8O.jpg

Chris Maxwell - Preston North End (free transfer)
CilUuH2WsAAbtFS.jpg

[article]Preston North End will complete the signing of goalkeeper Chris Maxwell on 1st July when his contract at Fleetwood Town comes to an end.

The 25-year-old Welshman, who is on stand-by for Chris Coleman’s side at this summer’s Euro Championships, has agreed a three-year contract with the Lilywhites until the summer of 2019.

Having made over 100 appearances in the last two seasons with the Cod Army, he has impressed at Highbury, named the club’s player of the year in 2014/15 and was nominated for the 2015 North West Football Awards’ League One player of the year, which was eventually won by North End’s Paul Huntington.

Speaking about his first addition of the summer, manager Simon Grayson said: “Chris is another hungry young player, with the right attitude and we are looking forward to working with him.

“He has done very well down the road at Fleetwood and this is an opportunity for him to step up to the Championship and show what he is about once more.

“We had two goalkeeping vacancies to fill this summer and we now have one of those filled and when we complete the group it will be another competitive position with everyone fighting for their shirt.”

The St Asaph-born custodian said of the move: “It's a fantastic club; it's the biggest club in Lancashire and I've heard nothing but positive things about it and it's a really exciting time for me.

“I've had plenty of advice from people who have spent many, many years here and there's nothing but positive feedback.

“There’s a fantastic fanbase, and a fantastic stadium which I have been lucky enough to play in a few times, and also a very experienced manager too, so it's really positive from my point of view and I can't wait to get started.”[/article]

Joshua Guilavogui - Wolfsburg (reportedly €6 million)
gui.jpeg

[article]VfL Wolfsburg act on the purchase option for the French midfielder.

Josuha Guilavogui will continue wearing the Green-White of VfL over the next three years. The Frenchman made a loan move to the Wolves from Atlético Madrid in 2014 and now VfL Wolfsburg have acted on the contractually agreed purchase option for the 25-year-old, who has signed on in Wolfsburg until 2019.

"We are delighted to have signed Josuha on a permanent basis. Over the past couple of years, he has proven that he is perfectly suited to VfL Wolfsburg, sportingly as well as personally. It was always clear to us that we wanted to hang on to him for the long-term, as his development is not yet completed and we want to celebrate further success with him," explained VfL Director of Sport Klaus Allofs.

Josuha Guilavogui is also delighted about the extended collaboration. "I am very happy to continue playing for VfL Wolfsburg and to be a part of this wonderful club. I felt right at home here from my very first day in Wolfsburg, so it has always been my desire to stay here longer. I want to play my part in making VfL an established side amongst the top teams in the Bundesliga permanently and that we regularly play in the Champions League."[/article]

Jos Luhukay - Stuttgart (Head Coach)
Jos-Luhukay-neuer-Trainer-2-592x333.jpg

* In the 2012–13 season, Hertha broke the record for the most points in a 2. Bundesliga season..

Let's see if he can bring Stuttgart back to Bundesliga at the 1st time of asking.

Akram Afif - Villarreal (undisclosed fee)
Cizo2VSXEAAO9pD.jpg

[article]Akram Afif is officially a Villarreal player. The Qatari player signed his contract with the La Liga club on Wednesday afternoon and will be presented to the press on Thursday at 11:30. The 19 year old is considered to be one of the most promising talents to have emerged from the Middle East in recent years and is the first Qatari player to join a top flight Spanish side.

Afif is expected to make his debut for Villarreal the same day as his presentation, during a friendly match being played as a testimonial for Mario Gaspar. The match starts at 20:30.

Akram Afif comes to Villarreal from Al-Sadd, where Raúl spent two years and where Xavi Hernández is currently playing after leaving Barcelona.

The youngster already speaks Spanish, having been through the youth ranks at Villarreal and Sevilla, before he established himself at Eupen in the Belgian second division, on a two year loan deal. He played 17 games there, scoring six goals.

He’s already played for the Qatar national side, scoring on his debut against Bhutan (15-0 final score, September 2015).[/article]

Rouven Schröder - Mainz (Sporting Director)
c4f8bd6707.jpg

[article]Rouven Schröder has taken over as Mainz‘s new sporting director. The 40-year-old has taken over the role from Christian Heidel who has taken over as sporting director at Schalke. Schröder, who has signed a deal until June 2019, held his first press conference on Tuesday in the Coface Arena.

“We have chosen Rouven Schröder as an early replacement for Christian Heidel as sporting director so he can take over the sporting responsibilities. He will continue to use his technical qualities and network to help us continue on our chosen path. We are excited about what will happen,” said Mainz president Harald Strutz. “Our priority is to have a smooth transition especially with respect planning for next season along with head coach Martin Schmidt. Rouven Schröder began settling in back in April and will be able to seamlessly take over the job and all of the official responsibilities.

Rouven Schröder commented: “I am personally ready to take over at Mainz and be responsible for the complete running of the sports department at such a well run club with a positive feel and brilliant environment. With my ideas, passion and highly ambitious team, we will be able to help continue the exceptional history of the club. I have been warmly welcomed and have got to know a lot from the conversations I have had in recent weeks. I am happy to now feel like a part of the club and to be able to represent Mainz 05.”

Darius Salbert has moved up to take over as general manager of the first team after having worked in the same role with the U23s in the third division for the past 13 years. He will be be the link between the team, the coaching staff and the club.

Rouven Schröder
*18. October 1975 in Arnsberg

Playing career:
VfL Bochum (1999 – 2002 and 2007 - 2009)
MSV Duisburg (2002 – 2004)
VfB Lübeck (2004 – 2007, 2010)
8 matches in the Bundesliga, 48 in the 2. Bundesliga, 192 in the 3. Liga

Other positions:
1. FC Nürnberg (2010 – 2012, first team video analyst/Scout)
SpVgg Greuther Fürth (2012 – 1/2013, first team co-ordinator)
SpVgg Greuther Fürth (1/2013 – 2014, sporting director)
SV Werder Bremen (2014 – 3/2016, Director of Professional football and Scouting)[/article]

Jhon Cordoba - Mainz (reportedly €6.5 million)
f187aa1fe6.png

[article]Mainz striker Jhon Córdoba has penned a four-year-contract that will see him stay at the club until 2020. The Bundesliga club exercised the right to by clause in their agreement with the striker’s former club FC Granada. The Colombian striker was at Mainz on loan from the Andalusia based club this season. He made 22 Bundesliga appearances for the Zerofivers, scoring five goals.

“Jhon Córdoba put his mark on the second half of Mainz’s season with his dynamic and passionate playing style. He is an outstanding striker and at 23-years-old he still has time to develop and reach his full potential. We are happy that we can plan ahead with him in our squad,” said sporting director Rouven Schröder.[/article]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom