• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Confirmed Transfers 21/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kacper Kozlowski - Brighton (reportedly £8m)

[article]Brighton and Hove Albion are delighted to confirm the signing of midfielder Kacper Kozlowski from Ekstraklasa side Pogon Szczecin, on undisclosed terms and subject to international clearance.

The 18-year-old Polish international has signed a contract until June 2026 and is set to head out on loan during the current transfer window, joining Belgian league leaders Royale Union St-Gilloise.

Kacper became the youngest ever player to represent their country at the European Championships when, aged 17, he came on for Poland in the 1-1 draw with Spain at Euro 2020 in June.

Technical director Dan Ashworth said, "He is a bright young talent and we're very pleased to have completed the signing of Kacper, who has made a lot of progress in his career at a very early stage.

"The initial plan for Kacper in the short-term will be for him to spend the rest of the season out on loan with Union. David Weir and his team will monitor his progress there."

Head coach Graham Potter added, "His style of play suits us and our style. During my time here, we have done very well in recruiting players for the future and Kacper is a similar signing.

"He will initially head out on loan, as it is important for him to continue his development, and he is keen to continue playing regularly.

"We will be watching with interest, as he is a very exciting young talent and a player I am really looking forward to working with in the future."

Kozlowski came through the ranks with Pogon, making his first team debut at just 15 years and 215 days old on the final day of the 2018/19 campaign as a last-minute substitute in a 3-0 win over Cracovia.

He has gone onto make 40 league appearances for Pogon, scoring four times – of which three have come this campaign.

He has represented his country from under-15 through to senior level, and he has made six appearances for the men's national team. [/article]

James Sands - Rangers (18 months loan with option to buy)

[article]RANGERS are today delighted to announce the signing of United States international James Sands from New York City FC on an initial 18-month loan agreement subject to work permit and international clearance. Rangers hold an exclusive option to buy.

The 21 year-old arrives in Glasgow as a winner, having played in last season’s MLS play-offs which saw NYCFC defeat Portland Timbers to take the MLS Cup for the first time in their history.

Indeed, he was named as ‘Young Player of the Season’ for NYCFC last season, having been the first ever designated ‘homegrown’ player for the club which was formed in 2013.

Sands has also been capped seven times already by the US, and played his part in their CONCACAF Gold Cup success in the summer, including playing the entirety of their 1-0 final victory over Mexico.

A versatile player, Sands can play in midfield and in defence, and arrives in Glasgow ready to further strengthen Giovanni van Bronckhorst’s Rangers squad.

He becomes the latest player from the United States to join Gers and follows in the footsteps of the likes of Claudio Reyna, Maurice Edu and Carlos Bocanegra in wearing both the stars and stripes and the light blue.

Rangers Manager, Giovanni van Bronckhorst commented: “James is a player who I have been aware of for some time. His versatility was a big attraction and I’ve been impressed with his attitude and mentality in the games that I have watched recently.

"He is a talented young player with areas of his game which we will endeavour to develop through our coaching.

“I am looking forward to getting him onto the pitch and starting to work with him.”

Sporting Director, Ross Wilson, added: “Signing James is a really interesting opportunity for us, and one we are all excited about.

"We reached agreement a couple of weeks ago for the transfer to be structured as a loan for this season and next, whilst we have negotiated and secured an exclusive option to buy beyond the initial loan period.

“Our scouting team has tracked his strong evolution over the course of the season with the MLS Champions New York City and we have identified a lot of potential in James. Gio has looked closely at what he can bring to Rangers and I know working with the manager and our staff, James will develop his game further here.

“Aside from his qualities with the ball, his versatility and tactical understanding, we also know that James is a brilliant character, positive personality and despite his young age, is already showing impressive leadership qualities.

"Naturally we faced competition from some excellent European clubs to sign James. I am delighted that he shares our belief that Rangers is the next step in his exciting journey.

“Finally, I extend my thanks to David Lee at New York City FC for his assistance in making this deal happen.”

Speaking as he arrived in Glasgow, young New Yorker Sands said: “I’m very excited to be joining Rangers Football Club.

"It is an incredible opportunity for me to join a club with such a winning history and worldwide fan base.

“Additionally, I’m looking forward to joining an ambitious and talented group of players and coaches. I am certain that Rangers will progress me as both a player and as a person.

“I would also like to thank NYCFC for the role they have played in my development so far. I have and continue to receive amazing support from everyone involved with the club.”[/article]

James Hill - Bournemouth (undisclosed fee)
Ethan Laird - Bournemouth (loan)

[article]
AFC Bournemouth have signed defender James Hill from Fleetwood Town for an undisclosed fee.

19-year-old centre-back Hill has impressed since breaking into the first team at Highbury last season and had attracted widespread interest both at home and abroad.

He became the youngest player ever to represent The Cod Army when he made his debut aged 16 in an EFL Cup tie against Leicester City in 2018.

Hill has represented England under-20s on four occasions and was called up to the under-21s squad for the first time in November.

He has signed a four-and-a-half-year deal at Vitality Stadium and becomes the Cherries’ first signing of the January transfer window. Hill will wear the number 23 shirt.

Neill Blake, AFC Bournemouth Chief Executive, said: “We are delighted to have James on board. He is a player who is a great fit for the club and I’m sure will prove to be a huge asset for us.

"Unsurprisingly there was a lot of interest in James and the fact he has chosen to come here speaks volumes for this club and the direction the team is moving in under Scott Parker.”
[/article]

[article]
AFC Bournemouth have signed Manchester United full-back Ethan Laird on loan until the end of the season.

An England Under-19 international, Laird is an attacking, right-sided full back who has impressed while on loan at Swansea City during the first half of the season.

Originally from Basingstoke, 20-year-old Laird has been with United since the age of 15 and made his competitive debut for the club in December 2019, coming on as a substitute in the 4-0 Europa League win over AZ Alkmaar.

He spent the second half of last season on loan at MK Dons, making 24 appearances for the League One outfit.

Laird is the Cherries’ second new addition of the January transfer window and will wear the number three shirt.

Neill Blake, AFC Bournemouth Chief Executive, said: “Ethan is an exciting prospect and we are very pleased to have brought him on board. His style of play fits perfectly with ours and I’m confident he can help us build on what has been an excellent first half of the season.

“He has impressed during his two previous loan spells and is very well thought of at Manchester United, so we couldn’t be happier to have secured his services.”
[/article]

Jordan Amavi - Nice (loan with option to buy)

[article]OM and Nice have reached an agreement for the loan with option-to-buy the player.

Amavi arrived to Olympique de Marseille in August 2017 and has played 126 games in the Blue and White shirt.

Olympique de Marseille wishes him the best of luck as he continues his career. [/article]

Jurgen Locadia - Bochum (free transfer)

[article]
Forward Jurgen Locadia has joined German Bundesliga club Bochum on a free transfer from Brighton.

The 28-year-old made 35 Premier League appearances in four years at Brighton.

He joined the Seagulls for a then club record fee of £15m in January 2018, but has spent much of the past three seasons on loan, at Cincinnati in the USA and Hoffenheim in Germany.

Brighton boss Graham Potter said he hoped Dutchman Locadia could "reinvigorate his career" at Bochum.

Locadia has made three appearances for Brighton this season after returning from Major League Soccer side Cincinnati in June.

He last featured in their goalless draw with Leeds United in the Premier League on 27 November.

Locadia, who scored six goals in all competition for Brighton, said he is "glad that the move to VfL [Bochum] has worked out" after limited opportunities with the Premier League side.

"Having had little playing time recently, I naturally hope that this will change at VfL," Locadia told the German club's website.
[/article]

Hassane Kamara - Watford (€4m)

[article]Watford FC is delighted to announce the signing of Ivorian left-sided defender Hassane Kamara on a deal until June 2025.

The 27-year-old joins from OGC Nice - currently second in France’s Ligue 1 - for whom he has made 11 league appearances this season.

After beginning his career at LB Châteauroux Kamara moved to Stade de Reims in 2015, where he won the French second division, showcasing his pace and creative ability from deep.

More success followed as Kamara helped Reims qualify for the Europa League with goals against Paris Saint-Germain and AS Monaco, which earned him a place in the 2019/20 Ligue 1 Team of the Season at left-back.

The versatile defender moved to Nice last season and has gone on to make over 50 appearances for the club in all competitions, including four in the Europa League where he scored against German side Bayer Leverkusen in December 2020.

More recently, Kamara made his debut for the Ivory Coast national side in June 2021, featuring in a 2-1 victory over Burkina Faso.

Kamara has opted to wear the number 14 shirt during his time in Hertfordshire.
[/article]

Samir - Watford (undisclosed fee)

Last edited:
Hassane Kamara - Watford (€4m)

[article]Watford FC is delighted to announce the signing of Ivorian left-sided defender Hassane Kamara on a deal until June 2025.

The 27-year-old joins from OGC Nice - currently second in France’s Ligue 1 - for whom he has made 11 league appearances this season.

After beginning his career at LB Châteauroux Kamara moved to Stade de Reims in 2015, where he won the French second division, showcasing his pace and creative ability from deep.

More success followed as Kamara helped Reims qualify for the Europa League with goals against Paris Saint-Germain and AS Monaco, which earned him a place in the 2019/20 Ligue 1 Team of the Season at left-back.

The versatile defender moved to Nice last season and has gone on to make over 50 appearances for the club in all competitions, including four in the Europa League where he scored against German side Bayer Leverkusen in December 2020.

More recently, Kamara made his debut for the Ivory Coast national side in June 2021, featuring in a 2-1 victory over Burkina Faso.

Kamara has opted to wear the number 14 shirt during his time in Hertfordshire.
[/article]

Samir - Watford (undisclosed fee)

Watford badly need defensive reinforcements; they can’t play progressive football with a shambolic back line. Hope they get it right and manage to survive.

Kieran Trippier - Newcastle (£12m)

[article]Newcastle United are delighted to confirm the signing of England full-back Kieran Trippier from Atlético Madrid for an undisclosed fee.

The 31-year-old has agreed terms on a two-and-a-half-year deal and becomes the first senior signing under the club's owners and head coach Eddie Howe.

Trippier arrives at St. James' Park having spent a successful two-and-a-half-year spell in Spain, culminating in La Liga triumph last season as Atlético pipped rivals Real Madrid to the Spanish title.

He rejoins Eddie Howe after being signed by the Magpies' head coach in 2011 during his time at Burnley. Trippier said: "I'm delighted to be joining this fantastic club. I really enjoyed my time in Madrid, but when I became aware of interest from Newcastle United, and having worked with Eddie Howe before, I knew this was where I wanted to be.

"I'm aware there is a lot of work ahead of us but I know the demands of Premier League well and I know what an amazing club this is with very talented players. I can't wait to get started and I'm excited to step out at St. James' Park as a Newcastle player."

Newcastle United head coach Eddie Howe said: "I am really pleased to welcome Kieran to Newcastle United. I have long admired his abilities and have followed his career, so when the opportunity arose to secure him, we didn't hesitate.

"A lot of hard work has gone into planning for the January transfer window long before the month began, which is clear in how quickly we have been able to complete this move. I would like to thank everyone involved, particularly our owners, and I'm very much looking forward to working with Kieran again on the training pitch."

Born in Bury, Greater Manchester, Trippier began his career at nearby Manchester City and made his first steps into senior football with loan spells at Barnsley and Eddie Howe's Burnley.

His loan spell with the Clarets was turned into a permanent switch in January 2012 and he helped the club to reach the Premier League in 2014, eventually clocking up four years at Turf Moor.

After becoming an established defender in the top flight, he completed a move to Tottenham Hotspur in summer 2015 and would go on to play Champions League football, as well as making his senior debut for England against France in June 2017 - the first of 35 international caps.

In July 2019, he made a high-profile switch to Diego Simeone's Atlético Madrid, becoming the club’s first English player in 95 years and making 28 league appearances last season as Atlético became Spanish champions.

He ended the 2020/21 campaign by starting for England in the UEFA European Championship final at Wembley as Gareth Southgate's Three Lions narrowly lost to Italy.
[/article]

Watford badly need defensive reinforcements; they can’t play progressive football with a shambolic back line. Hope they get it right and manage to survive.

They have a fighting chance of staying up and it's good to see them making their moves early in the transfer window. (I hope at the expense of Newcastle :p).

Edo Kayembe - Watford

[article]Watford FC is pleased to announce the signing of highly-rated midfielder Edo Kayembe on a four-and-a-half-year contract from Belgian side KAS Eupen.

The 23-year-old is the third addition to Claudio Ranieri’s squad during the January transfer window, following the signings of left-back Hassane Kamara and central defender Samir.

An energetic, left-footed central operator, DR Congo international Kayembe joins the Golden Boys after plying his trade in the Belgian top flight for five years.

After signing for Anderlecht from Sharks XI Kinshasa in his native country in late 2016, Kayembe progressed through the youth ranks to make 39 senior appearances - including two Europa League games - before making the switch to Eupen in 2020.

The box-to-box enforcer - progressive with the ball and a skilled passer - played for Eupen 17 times in the league this term, scoring on four occasions to help his side up to 12th in the Belgian First Division A.

Kayembe made his debut for DR Congo in 2019 and has since become a regular for his country, winning the most recent of his eight caps in a 2-0 win over Benin in November. He will wear the number 39 shirt at Watford.[/article]

Last edited:
Lorenzo Insigne - Toronto (free transfer)

[article]Toronto FC announced today that Italian international winger Lorenzo Insigne has signed a pre-contract to join the club on a four-year deal to begin on July 1, 2022. He will be added to the roster as a Designated Player pending receipt of his International Transfer Certificate (ITC).

“This is a historic and exciting day for our club,” said Toronto FC President Bill Manning. “Lorenzo is a world class attacking player in the prime of his career. He was a European champion with Italy and has performed on the biggest stages during his club career with Napoli. Lorenzo has the talent to change games. He plays the game with joy and passion, and our fans and supporters are going to love watching him as a member of our team.”

Insigne, 30, will join Toronto FC after spending most of his career with Serie A side Napoli, where he’s made a combined 416 appearances, scoring 114 goals with 95 assists across all competitions (Serie A, Coppa Italia, Super Cup, UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League). In 11 seasons with Napoli, Insigne won three titles including: Super Cup (2014/2015) and Coppa Italia (2013/2014 and 2019/2020). In March 2021, Insigne was selected Serie A MVP of the month, after scoring three goals and registering one assist in four games. He has served as the club captain since 2019.

“We are all looking forward to having Lorenzo join us this summer,” said Toronto FC Head Coach and Sporting Director Bob Bradley. “His ability to create chances for himself and his teammates is special. Having watched him for many years, I also know he’s also a player who works for the team. Lorenzo is the kind of player you come to watch, because there’s always a chance, he’ll do something unforgettable.”

Born in Naples, Insigne began his professional career with Napoli, his hometown club, in 2009 and made his Serie A debut at the age of 19 on January 24, 2010, in a 2-0 win against Livorno. He played the remainder of the season on loan at Cavese (Serie C, Italy), making 10 appearances. In the 2011-12 season, Insigne was loaned to Foggia (Serie C) where he made 33 appearances and registered his first professional goal on August 14, 2011. Insigne went on a short loan spell to Pescara (Serie B) during the 2011-12 season, where he made 37 appearances and scored 19 goals, before returning to Napoli.

Internationally, Insigne has earned 53 caps and scored 10 goals with the Italian National Team (Azzurri). In 2021, he won the European Championship with Italy after winning 3-2 in a penalty shoot-out against England. He received his first call up to represent Italy in September 2012 for the 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifying matches. He made his debut for the Azzurri on September 11, 2012, when he came on as a substitute against Malta, and scored his first goal on August 14, 2013, in a friendly match against Argentina. He also represented his country at the youth level with the U-20 and U-21 teams. [/article]

Andrea Conti - Sampdoria (undisclosed fee)

[article]Sampdoria have officially signed Milan defender Andrea Conti on a permanent transfer, after the €24m buy made just 52 appearances for the club.

The 27-year-old right-back was in the final six months of his contract with the Rossoneri, which was due to expire in June.

He had been signed from Atalanta for €24m in 2017, but his career at San Siro was destroyed by a series of injury problems.

He was loaned to Parma in January 2021, failing to make much of an impact there either.

Since the summer of 2017, Conti managed only 52 competitive games for the Diavolo, in which he contributed five assists.

Conti made just one appearance for Milan this season, for 12 minutes in the 3-1 Serie A victory over Roma on January 6.

According to Calciomercato.com, Milan will receive a minimal transfer fee only once Sampdoria avoid relegation to Serie B.

A product of the Atalanta youth academy, Conti also had loan spells at Perugia and Virtus Lanciano.[/article]

Daizen Maeda, Yosuke Ideguchi, Reo Hatate - Celtic

[article]Celtic Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of three exciting new players from the Japanese J League.

Daizen Maeda from Yokohama F. Marinos, Yosuke Ideguchi from Gamba Osaka and Reo Hatate from Kawasaki Frontale will all be registered with Celtic in early January, subject to the usual conditions and international clearance.

DAIZEN MAEDA
The 24-year-old forward is reuniting with Ange Postecoglou at Celtic, having previously played under the manager at Yokohama F. Marinos.
He had originally joined Yokohama F. Marinos on loan in August 2020 following a previous loan spell with Maritimo in the Portuguese league, and by the end of the season had impressed Ange Postecoglou enough that the deal became a permanent one. And in the 2021 season, Daizen Maeda was joint top scorer in the J-League with 23 goals as Yokohama F. Marinos finished second and qualified for the AFC Champions League. He was also named in the J-League Best XI of the 2021 season and has been capped twice for the Japan national side. Daizen will join Celtic initially on loan but with a compulsory purchase clause included, meaning he will be with Celtic on a permanent basis from the summer on a long-term deal.

YOSUKE IDEGUCHI
The 25-year-old midfielder began his career with Gamba Osaka, having come through their youth academy, and made his first-team debut in 2014. He spent a further four years with the club, winning the prestigious J-League ‘Rookie of the Year’ award in 2016, and it is from the same club that he joins Celtic, having re-signed for them back in 2019. In the intervening period, Yosuke Udeguchi joined Leeds United, before going out on loan, first to Cultural Leonesa in Spain and then Greuther Fürth in Germany. Yosuke Ideguchi has also been capped 15 times for Japan, scoring two goals for his country. He joins Celtic Football club on a four and a half year contract

REO HATATE
The versatile 24-year-old, who can play in a number of position,
joins Celtic from Kawasaki Frontale, having helped them win the J-League for the second successive year. He was also named in the J-League Best XI of the 2021 season alongside his new Celtic team-mate, Daizen Maeda. Reo Hatate was also selected to represent Japan at the recent Olympic Games, held in the summer in Japan. And he helped his country reach the last four of the tournament, though they lost out in the bronze medal match to Mexico. Reo will also be joining Celtic on a 4 and a half year contract.

It is hoped all players will be joining up with the Celtic squad across the next few days.

A delighted Celtic manager, Ange Postecoglou, said: “We are really pleased to bring in these guys to Celtic and I think they are players who will excite our fans.

"Clearly I am well aware of their attributes and I think in bringing all three to the club we are bringing even more quality, personality and energy to the squad to work with the players who have done so well for us already this season.

“They are all really at the peak of their careers, ambitious to achieve more success and I am sure at this particular time we will be getting their best years. I am delighted to have secured these players so early in the transfer window, I look forward to working with them and myself, my backroom team and the rest of the squad will be making sure we help them settle into Celtic as quickly as possible.”

Everyone at Celtic joins Ange in welcoming these new players to the Club.[/article]

Andy Fisher - Swansea (reportedly £400k)

[article]Swansea City has completed the signing of goalkeeper Andy Fisher for an undisclosed fee, subject to international clearance.

The 23-year-old goalkeeper joins the Swans from MK Dons, where he previously worked under head coach Russell Martin.

He has put pen to paper on a four-and-a-half year contract through to June 2026, and will wear the number 33 shirt.

The Blackburn academy product signed a first professional deal at Ewood Park in 2016, and went on to make four first-team appearances in the EFL Trophy and the League Cup.

Fisher had loan spells with FC United of Manchester and Northampton Town in 2019.

But it was a loan move to MK Dons that really kick-started his senior career. While Fisher did not feature over the course of that temporary stint, he caught the eye of Martin and was signed on a permanent deal in the summer of 2020.

He made 39 appearances in total the following season, and has backed that up with 23 more this term. He is fifth on the club’s all-time clean sheet list.[/article]

Marvin Friedrich - Borussia Mönchengladbach (undisclosed fee)

[article]Borussia Mönchengladbach have completed the signing of Marvin Friedrich from Union Berlin. The 26-year-old has signed a contract at BORUSSIA-PARK until June 2026.

“We’re delighted that we have been able to bring Marvin Friedrich on board. He’s someone who has developed incredibly well at Union Berlin in recent years and has become one of the best German centre backs in the league,” said Borussia sporting director Max Eberl. “As Matthias Ginter will be leaving us in the summer, we had to find a solution for the centre-back position and we have now done that for the second half of this season already.” Friedrich will train with the Foals for the first time on Wednesday and is an option for Saturday’s Bundesliga meeting with Bayer Leverkusen.

Friedrich came through the youth academies at SC Paderborn 07 and FC Schalke 04, going on to make his professional debut for the Royal Blues in September 2014, namely in a Bundesliga game against the Foals. The centre-back made a total of seven top-flight appearances for Schalke, as well as featuring in one Champions League and one Europa League game, before making the move to FC Augsburg in 2016/17. He missed the first half of the season with an adductor problem and worked his way back to full strength in the second half of the campaign with 13 Regionalliga appearances for the reserves. He played another 13 fourth-tier games at the start of the following season, before joining Union Berlin in the January transfer window.

He made twelve Bundesliga 2 appearances in his maiden season for the capital club, scoring one goal. Friedrich achieved promotion to the top flight with Union via the play-off in 2018/19. He has featured in a total of 141 competitive matches for the Berliners, scoring nine goals. The defender has also represented the Germany U19s on three occasions, claiming European Championship glory with them at Hungary 2014. Friedrich also played four times for Germany’s U20s.
[/article]

Folarin Balogun - Middlesbrough (loan)

[article]The club have finalised a loan move for Arsenal striker Folarin Balogun.

The England Under-21 international has joined the club until the end of the season.

Boro fought off competition from a number of clubs to secure the services of the highly-rated young marksman.

Balogun, who has made two Premier League appearances this season, has clocked up 16 in total for the London club and scored twice in five Europa League appearances last time around.

He has also netted 13 goals in 11 PL2 starts this term, along with two goals in the Papa John’s Trophy.

Boro boss Chris Wilder said: “We’re delighted to get Flo in. He’s a player I’ve known about for a long time and we identified him as someone who could come in and improve us in the second half of the season.

“He has great movement, good pace, and he’s a natural finisher. We’re looking forward to working with him.”

The 20-year-old follows Aaron Connolly and Caolan Boyd-Munce into the club as January arrivals.[/article]

Lucas Digne - Aston Villa (€25m)

[article]Aston Villa is delighted to announce the signing of Lucas Digne from Everton.

The French international, who has represented elite European football clubs such as Paris Saint-Germain, Roma and Barcelona, becomes our second signing of the January transfer window.

Digne, 28, has won league titles in both France and Spain, represented his country at both World Cup Finals and European Championships.

Head Coach Steven Gerrard said: “When Lucas became available we jumped at the opportunity to bring him to the club.

“To sign a player of his pedigree and quality in the January window is a great addition to our squad and his arrival excites me and everyone associated with Aston Villa.”[/article]

Anwar El Ghazi - Everton (loan)

[article]Anwar El Ghazi has completed his loan move to Everton from Aston Villa for the remainder of the 2021/22 season.

The 26-year-old Netherlands international winger becomes the Blues’ third signing of the winter transfer window after the arrivals of Ukraine left-back Vitalii Mykolenko and Scotland right-back Nathan Patterson.

Forward El Ghazi joined Aston Villa on loan in August 2018 and was instrumental in their promotion to the Premier League, scoring the opening goal in their Championship play-off final victory over Derby County in May 2019.

A permanent move to the Midlands from French club Lille followed, with the right-footer becoming a popular figure with Villa supporters.

After registering four goals and four assists in 2019/20, El Ghazi – who started his professional career at Dutch giants Ajax - reached double figures for Premier League goals last season, scoring 10 times from 17 starts and 11 appearances as a substitute. That included a late winner at Goodison Park in May 2021.

The winger, who will wear the number 34 shirt, is now looking forward to making his Blues bow and is eligible for Saturday’s trip to Norwich at Carrow Road (3pm GMT).

“I’m really excited. Everton is a big club, I cannot wait to get started,” El Ghazi told evertontv.

“I want to show my quality to my teammates, to the Club and, of course, the fans. I want to put a smile on their faces.

“I’m ready and willing to work hard for it and for all of us to work together.

“I’ve met a few fans already and it’s great to see how people live for the Club. It’s basically their religion. You just want to give it your all and show them what you can do to make them happy.

“I just want to focus on working hard, getting into the team, fighting for my place and, with the boys, to get Everton where it belongs - that is much higher up the table. We have a really good squad.

“I can always score a goal in an important moment. I can add a lot of value with my pace and technique going forward. I can hold the ball and I am decent in one-on-ones. I am ready and can’t wait.

“If I can score goals like the one I scored against Everton, for Everton now, then I will be a happy man.”

El Ghazi, who has two senior international caps for the Netherlands, was born in the Dutch town of Barendrecht in May 1995 to Moroccan parents.

Joining Ajax aged 18, he made his senior debut at the start of the 2014/15 campaign, going on to play 70 matches for the Amsterdam club before signing for Lille in January 2017.

El Ghazi added: “I’ve played at Goodison Park a few times now and it’s a beautiful stadium.

“It’s a bit different than other stadiums and that’s what makes it quite unique. I’m really looking forward to playing there for Everton.

“We have a really strong squad. The wingers are doing well and have a lot of quality. It will be hard work but competition with others is good and that is how you achieve great things.

“I will work hard and give everything I have. That is the least you can expect from a player. That is what I will start with and from there hopefully I will be able to score goals and give assists.”

[/article]

His contract was expiring in June 2022.

Jesus Corona - Sevilla (€3m)

[article]Sevilla FC are delighted to announce the club have reached an agreement with FC Porto for the signing of Jesús Manuel Corona (Hermosillo, 6th of January 1993). The Mexican, who has a Portuguese passport, plays on the right wing and will stay at the club until 2025. Corona is a Mexican international who has represented his country on 63 occasions, registering ten goals. Trained in the youth ranks of CF Monterrey, Corona made his debut at just 17 years old in the Liga MX. In his first campaign, in the 2010/11 season, he managed to take part in two CONCACAF Champions League games against Marathón from Honduras and Toluca, a title they would later go on to lift after defeating Real Salt Lake in the final. The following year his involvement with the team would increase, tallying up ten appearances in Liga MX and three in the CONCACAF Champions League. Furthermore, he scored in each of the competitions and went on to retain the CONCACAF title against Santos Laguna.

The following campaign would see him consolidate his place at Monterrey, with 26 games played, a goal and two assists in the league. To cap it off, he also played a crucial role in the CONCACAF Champions League – nine games, two goals and two assists, one of the which came in the final against Santos Laguna again. In addition, after sitting on the sidelines the previous year, Corona made his Club World Cup debut, where he would score in the quarter-final against Ulsan Hyundai and in the third-place play-off against the Egyptian side, El Ahly. In the summer of 2013, at just 20 years old, Corona made the leap to Europe arriving at FC Twente in the Netherlands. Corona scored on his debut against Groningen on 29th of September 2013. He would end the season with 16 appearances - one of those in the cup - and two goals. In the 2014/15 season, Corona burst onto the scene as a goal scorer and would make 27 league appearances – nine goals and four assists - and four cup appearances - two goals and as many assists.

After only two years in Enschede, FC Porto took notice of Corona and would later confirm his signing on 31st of August 2015. In addition to making his debut in the Champions League with four appearances, he would establish himself as one of the first names on the team sheet making 28 league appearances - eight goals and five assists - and 3 appearances in the cup. A momentum he would keep going in his second year with a total of 41 official appearances, six goals, and nine assists. In the next two seasons, Corona practically never left his role as right winger, with three and seven goals registered respectively. In the 2019/20 season, in addition to his four goals scored, he would register a whooping 21 assists, 14 of which came in the league. This stat would help him pick up the award for MVP of the Portuguese league that season. Last season he consolidated further his status as a born provider of goals with 13 assists and three goals, while in the first half of the 2021/22 season Corona has been fundamental on the right wing, accumulating 17 appearances and one assist.

In addition to his three CONCACAF Champions League winner’s medals collected at Monterrey, his personal trophy room is far from empty. With two Portuguese league titles -2017/18 and 2019/20 - the 2019/20 Portuguese cup and the 2019 and 2021 Super Cups. Also, as an international, Corona lifted the Gold Cup with Mexico in 2015. He made his senior national team debut in 2014 in a friendly against the Netherlands in Amsterdam. He played in the Copa America and in the already mentioned 2015 Gold Cup, the Copa America Centenario in 2016, the 2018 World Cup in Russia, as well as the finals of the CONCACAF Nations League and the Gold Cup 2021.[/article]

John Souttar - Rangers (free transfer)

[article]RANGERS Football Club are today delighted to announce the signing of John Souttar on a pre-contract agreement from Heart of Midlothian.

Central defender Souttar, 25, is a full Scotland international, and both started and scored in the Scots’ last match where they defeated Denmark at Hampden.

He began his career at Dundee United, and was their youngest ever player when he made his debut in a 2-2 draw with Aberdeen at Pittodrie, aged just 16 and 99 days. In all, he made 73 appearances for the Tangerines, before departing for Hearts in the 2016 January transfer window.

He has since gone on to make 148 appearances for the Tynecastle club, and has scored five goals. His superb form this season earned him a recall to the Scotland squad, and he won his fourth cap in the win over the Danes at the tail end of last year.

Rangers’ Sporting Director, Ross Wilson, commented: “We are really looking forward to John joining Rangers and continuing his development under Gio, our coaching and support staff.

“John is a full Scotland international and has so much potential ahead for the coming years. I have really enjoyed getting to know John across all of our conversations so far and I can see how excited he and his family are to be joining Rangers. We are equally excited to welcome John to Ibrox.”[/article]

Riley McGree - Middlesbrough (reportedly £2.5m)

[article]The club has completed the signing of Australian international midfielder Riley McGree from MLS newcomers Charlotte FC.

The 23-year-old has signed a three-and-a-half year contract with the club.

Riley had previously been on loan from MLS expansion club Charlotte to Birmingham City, where he made 30 appearances before returning to the stateside ahead of the club’s first season in the league.

The seven-times capped international started his career in Australia with Adelaide United, and he also had spells with Club Brugge, Newcastle Jets and Melbourne City. He returned to Adelaide in 2019 and 13 goals in 28 appearances led to Charlotte securing his services as they built a squad for their first MLS campaign.

Boro manager Chris Wilder said: “We’re delighted to bring Riley into the club. He’s another good young player who wants to do well, and he will fit in well with us.

“He did well during his loan at Birmingham, we’ve been looking at him for a while, and when the opportunity came up for us to bring him to the club we jumped at it.”

Head of football Kieran Scott added: “Riley is a player who fits the mould of what we are looking for in that he is young, hungry, full of potential, and has a desire to join Middlesbrough.

“He turned down other opportunities because he wanted to join us here and be a part of what we are striving to build.”[/article]

Chiquinho - Wolves (£2.9m)

[article]
Wolves have signed promising winger Chiquinho from Portuguese side Estoril.

The 21-year-old arrives at Molineux on a deal until 2026, with the Portugal under-21 international highly thought of in Primeira Liga, where he appeared regularly during the first half of the campaign.

Hailing from Cascais in Lisbon, Chiquinho, who is right footed but can operate on either wing, came through the world-renowned Sporting CP academy which produced Joao Moutinho and Daniel Podence.

Two years ago, the winger was making his senior debut, following his move to Estoril – a 1-0 Acadamica de Coimbra victory over Liga Portugal 2, before his first goal followed the next month.

Chiquinho continued his progress last season, as he helped Estoril to the Liga Portugal 2 title with his 13 appearances and made the step up with his side impressively during the first half of the 2021/22 season.

To date, Chiquinho has three goals for the season, which helped catch the eye of Wolves, and following his last appearance for Estoril against Porto earlier this month, he moves to Molineux.

Wolves’ technical director, Scott Sellars, said: “Chiquinho is a young, exciting and talented player who has been performing very well in the Portuguese leagues during the past few seasons, and if he keeps progressing the way he has done, we believe he can develop into an excellent signing.

“We’ve brought a lot of gifted youngsters from Portugal during the past five years, and many of those have gone on to further their careers and achieve great things here, and we hope the same will happen with Chiquinho.

“With all young players, we have to be patient as he’s got to get used to playing in a new country and a new environment. But we will integrate him into the first-team group, and by learning from Bruno, the staff, and his new teammates, we hope he can make the kind of impact we believe he has the potential to achieve.”
[/article]

Dilan Markanday - Blackburn (£500k plus add ons)

[article]Rovers are delighted to announce the signing of talented Tottenham Hotspur youngster Dilan Markanday on a long-term deal.

One of Premier League 2’s hottest prospects, the 20-year-old forward has put pen-to-paper on a three-and-a-half-year contract, through to June 2025, with the option of an additional 12 months.

Raised in North London, Markanday joined Spurs at the age of 11 and enjoyed a successful rise through the club’s youth ranks to the fringes of the first team.

He helped Spurs’ Under-18s reach the final of the U18 Premier League Cup in 2017-18 and then finish runners-up in the U18 Premier League the following season, netting 11 goals in the process.

He also had the distinction of scoring in the first ever match to be played at the new Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in a 3-1 victory over Southampton’s Under-18s in March 2019.

In 2019-20, Markanday stepped up to Tottenham’s Under-23s side, starting every game in their UEFA Youth League campaign, and he remained a regular starter the following season.

An exciting and energetic winger, who can operate anywhere along the forward line, Markanday has been in fine form for Spurs’ Under-23s side this season.

He has netted 12 goals in 14 Premier League 2 fixtures, including a hat-trick against Leeds United and bagging a brace against Manchester City, whilst also contributing five assists.

Voted Premier League 2’s Player of the Month for October, the 20-year-old livewire also made his first team debut away to Vitesse in the UEFA Europa Conference League that month and has also started three Papa John’s Trophy ties this term.

Markanday, who will wear the number 18 shirt at Ewood Park, becomes Rovers’ third signing of the January transfer window following the arrivals of right-backs James Brown and Deyovaisio Zeefuik.

Welcome, Dilan![/article]

Liam Bramley - Norwich (First Team Coach)

[article]Norwich City can confirm that Liam Bramley has been appointed as the club’s new first team coach.

Bramley joins City from Aston Villa, where he previously held the position of elite development coach.

During his time at Villa Park, Bramley helped guide the club’s under-18s to a memorable FA Youth Cup final triumph following a 2-1 victory over Liverpool.

Prior to joining Villa, he was involved in the academy coaching setup at Newcastle United over an 11-year period.

Bramley will form part of head coach Dean Smith’s backroom staff, working across all first team coaching areas at the Lotus Training Centre.

Smith said: “We’re delighted to welcome Liam to the football club. He is a young, up-and-coming coach and someone that both myself and Shakey [Craig Shakespeare] highlighted as a potential addition to our setup here.

“We were impressed with his qualities at Villa and are delighted to have such a progressive young coach join us here at Norwich.

“Liam was a name that I discussed with both Stuart [Webber] and Neil [Adams] during our initial talk. We’re delighted that we’ve been able to get the deal done with Villa to bring him here.

“Liam will provide an additional coaching link to the analysis department, working closely with Matt Lewis, who has done some excellent work heading up that area during my time with the club.”

Bramley’s appointment follows confirmation of a selection of other staff promotions and appointments.

Chris Burton has been appointed as head of medical services, with Glyn Lewis promoted to head of physical performance and nutrition.

Steve Weaver will continue in his role of head of football development, working across both first team and academy player development.

Smith added: “I have been really happy and impressed with both the setup and infrastructure that we’ve inherited here.

“Steve Weaver has been instrumental in helping both myself and Shakey settle in. We want him to continue to be the conduit between the academy and first team to maintain and enable that stream of players between teams.

“The physical performance department will now be headed up by Glyn Lewis, who has been excellent since we joined. Chris Burton will now oversee all of our medical areas. He’s worked hard over the recent period in helping to get our players fit and ready for the upcoming period.”

Over recent months the club’s academy has also welcomed the appointments of coaches Bobby Mimms and Iain Brunskill.

Mimms, who amassed over 500 senior career appearances, joins the club as professional development phase goalkeeping coach. He had previously held coaching positions with the likes of West Ham United, Blackburn Rovers, Bolton Wanderers and, most recently, SC East Bengal in the Indian Super League.

Brunskill, meanwhile, has been appointed as the club’s senior development coach. He has previous coaching experience at Liverpool, Blackburn Rovers and Bolton Wanderers, as well as the Jordan and China national teams.[/article]

Robin Olsen - Aston Villa (loan)

[article]Aston Villa is pleased to confirm the signing of Robin Olsen on loan until the end of the season.

The 32-year-old goalkeeper joins Villa from Roma having spent the first part of the campaign on loan at Sheffield United.

An experienced shot-stopper, Olsen has played in Serie A, the Premier League, the Champions League and has also represented Sweden at the World Cup.[/article]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom