• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Confirmed Transfers 21/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another one with a bright future from Chelsea's youth system

Levi Colwill - Huddersfield Town (loan)

[article]England youth international Levi Colwill has agreed to join Huddersfield Town on a season-long loan from European Champions Chelsea!

The 18-year-old completed his medical with the Terriers this week, shortly after signing a new long-term contract with his parent club, and will wear the blue and white stripes of Town for the duration of the 2021/22 Sky Bet Championship campaign.

Colwill, who has been capped by England at Under-17 level, is a naturally left footed centre back and has made rapid progression through the Chelsea ranks in recent times.

Having started all three Papa John’s Trophy games alongside 18 appearances for the Club’s Under-23 side in the Premier League 2 last season, he finished the season training with Thomas Tuchel’s senior squad in the build-up to their Champions League victory over Manchester City.

He now follows in the footsteps of Kasey Palmer, Izzy Brown and Trevoh Chalobah; Chelsea players who have all enjoyed loan spells in West Yorkshire in recent years.

Head of Football Operations Leigh Bromby explained:

“It’s fantastic that we’ve been able to take the opportunity to bring a player as talented as Levi to the Club.

“We’ve said that Premier League loans often tend to happen later in a transfer window, as parent clubs understandably want to keep their best youngsters in-house during pre-season. Chelsea have shown real faith in us by making an early decision to send Levi here to continue his development, which is testament to the hard work our team has put in to showcase our plans for him.

“Chelsea have high hopes for Levi, and we believe he can make a real impact for us in the Championship this coming season. He fits all the criteria we look for in our system in a left-sided centre back, and I’m sure he will continue to improve under Carlos and our coaches.

“I’d like to thank Neil Bath at Chelsea for their help during our negotiations.”

Head Coach Carlos Corberán added:

“I’m looking forward to working with Levi this season, as he is a very talented player with big potential.

“He has many of the qualities we look for in our centre backs. He is already very impressive physically, and his athletic ability will help the team defend the space in behind. He is also very comfortable in possession, as you would expect from someone who is in the Chelsea Academy.

“We will do everything we can to help him adapt, both off the pitch as he moves north and on the pitch in the Sky Bet Championship.”[/article]

Sonny Carey - Blackpool (undisclosed fee)

[article]Blackpool Football Club is pleased to announce the signing of Sonny Carey for an undisclosed fee from National League side King’s Lynn Town.

The highly sought after midfielder, 20, links up with Seasiders on an initial three-year contract, which also contains an option for a further 12 months.

One of the hottest prospects outside of the EFL, the former Norwich City academy player scored six goals in 46 games last season, including a match-winner to knock Port Vale out of the Emirates FA Cup.

Prior to that, he found the net five times during his debut campaign with the Linnets, having joined them following an impressive stint at Wroxham FC.

His arrival at Bloomfield Road follows the additions of Reece James, Daniel Grimshaw, Shayne Lavery, Josh Bowler, Oliver Casey and Callum Connolly for the new Sky Bet Championship season.

On the move, Sonny Carey said:

“It’s an exciting time for the Club and everybody involved, especially with the promotion. The Club’s heading in the right direction.

“I’ve had a good couple of seasons at King’s Lynn, but I feel now is the time for a new challenge and a fresh, new start somewhere.

“I had a Zoom chat with the gaffer and he is renowned for improving young players with his background at Liverpool. I’m a young player myself – I’m only 20 – and to work with somebody like the gaffer, who has worked with younger players and with the reputation he’s got, that was a massive part of why I’ve come to Blackpool.”

Neil Critchley added:

“I’m delighted that Sonny has decided to join us. He’s a player that has attracted a fair bit of interest with his performances for King’s Lynn and is somebody we have monitored closely through our recruitment process.

“Sonny’s performed very well in the National League and is capable of creating and scoring goals from midfield.

“He plays with real personality and has shown great character and drive following his time at Norwich to bounce back and rise up the leagues again.

“If you have the ability and characteristics, then we are a Club that will always give young players opportunities.”[/article]

Alexander Nübel - AS Monaco (2 year loan)
Sven Ulreich - Bayern Munich (free transfer)

[article]FC Bayern and Alexander Nübel have agreed the 24-year-old goalkeeper will go out on loan to AS Monaco. Sven Ulreich returns to Munich in his place as back-up in net. Nübel joins the team that finished third in France last term on a two-year deal, with the option to recall him next summer. Ulreich re-joins FCB on a free, having left for Hamburger SV a year ago. The 32-year-old was previously on the books at the German champions between 2015 and 2020, making 70 appearances. Ulreich will complete his medical in Munich during the week.

Board member for sport Hasan Salihamidzic: “It was Alexander Nübel’s wish to gain match practice. We supported that. However, the condition was that we could sign a serious back-up. Our goalkeeping coach Toni Tapalovic advised us about Sven Ulreich, and we’re pleased we could reach an agreement with Sven. This combined situation is very appealing. It helps everyone involved and fits within our financial framework because Sven returns on a free. FC Bayern continues to plan for the future with Alexander Nübel.”

Alexander Nübel: “I’m pleased to be taking the next step in my development at Monaco. It’s important to play at a high level, and now I’ve got that chance at Monaco. I’d like to thank the officials at Bayern Munich for this opportunity. My big goal is to repay their trust in the future.”[/article]

Gil Dias - Benfica (€1.5m)

[article]
On Thursday, AS Monaco and Benfica (Primeira Liga) reached an agreement for the transfer of Gil Dias, the 24-year-old Portuguese midfielder. Having arrived in the Principality in 2014 to strengthen the reserve team, the U-21 international (10 caps) has turned out for the first team 17 times. He also has had several loan spells, including three in Portugal.

More than 130 matches at the top level
Last season, he played 33 games with FC Famalicao, scoring 2 goals catching the eye of Benfica, one of the biggest clubs in Portugal, who have also qualified for the preliminary rounds of the next edition of the Champions League. After spells at Fiorentina, Nottingham Forest, Olympiakos and Granada, Gil Dias, who has played 137 matches at the top level, is set to return to the league in which he broke through.

AS Monaco wish him every success for the rest of his career.
[/article]

Amari Miller - Leeds (undisclosed fee)

[article]Leeds United are pleased to announce the signing of winger Amari Miller from Sky Bet Championship side Birmingham City.

The 18-year-old joins the club for an undisclosed fee and has signed a four-year-deal, running until the summer of 2025.

After catching the eye for Birmingham’s Under-18s, Miller was handed a first team debut against Stoke City in April, by former Leeds United midfielder Lee Bowyer, who is now in charge at the Trillion Trophy Stadium.

Two further appearances followed from the bench in the home draw with Nottingham Forest and away victory against Derby County.

He then ended the campaign by making back-to-back Sky Bet Championship starts, as the Blues went on to finish nine points above the relegation zone.

Miller becomes Leeds’ first signing of the summer transfer window and will initially link up with Mark Jackson’s Under-23 side, who will feature in Premier League 2 Division 1 in the upcoming campaign, after winning promotion last season.[/article]

Vaclav Hladky - Ipswich (undisclosed fee)

[article]Third arrival in four days as shot-stopper signs on the dotted line

Town have completed the signing of Vaclav Hladky from Salford City for an undisclosed fee.

The Czech goalkeeper, who was named in the PFA League Two Team of the Year last season, has penned a three-year deal at Portman Road.

Vaclav, who also picked up the Golden Glove award last campaign following an impressive 22 clean sheets in 46 league games, is the Club's third arrival in four days following the signings of Rekeem Harper and Macauley Bonne.

After turning professional with FC Zbrojovka Brno B in 2006, the now 30-year-old enjoyed 13 years playing in the Czech Republic before joining St Mirren in 2019.

He quickly became a fan favourite at St Mirren Park and in May 2019 proved to be the man of the moment when The Buddies faced Dundee United in the play-off final. Following a 1-1 draw, Vaclav saved three out of four penalties to keep St Mirren in the Scottish Premiership.

In August 2020 Vaclav completed a switch to Salford City. A highlight of his time with The Ammies came when he saved the deciding penalty as Salford defeated Portsmouth 4-2 in the shoot-out following a 0-0 draw in the EFL Trophy final at Wembley.

Vaclav was also voted player of the season by the club's supporters in 2020/21, and stopped 77.2% of the shots he faced last term - a League Two high.

Following a strong personal season and a total of 53 appearances for Salford, he completes a switch to Town with the aim of carrying that momentum forward at Portman Road.

“It’s been an absolutely perfect day. I’ve signed the contract and I’m so happy to be here," Vaclav told iFollow Ipswich.

“Ipswich Town is a huge club so it was a quick decision. I got the offer and I said ‘yes I want to be there’ straight away.

"I share the vision of the Club and I can't wait to get started."

Town boss Paul Cook added: "The goalkeeper is such an important position on the pitch and once again our owners have backed us with this signing.

"He will have a massive part to play for us next season. This is another part of the jigsaw that we are putting together."[/article]

Christophe Galtier - Nice (Head Coach)

[article]OGC Nice is delighted to confirm the appointment of Christophe Galtier as its new Head Coach with immediate effect.

Galtier joins from Lille, where he won the Ligue One title last season (2020-2021) and was named Ligue 1 Manager of the Year for a third time.

Sir Jim Ratcliffe, Chairman of INEOS, owners of OGC Nice said: “I am absolutely delighted that we have been able to appoint Christophe Galtier as Head Coach of OGC Nice.

“He is a proven winner having just won Ligue 1 in the final game of the season with Lille. That takes real grit and we see that as a defining quality in INEOS.

“Christophe is acknowledged as a coach that develops talent and that is key to our football project. This appointment is seen as a significant step forward in our project and our desire to consistently play European football and compete successfully.”

Galtier said on his appointment as Head Coach: “I am very excited about coaching Le Gym and joining the INEOS football project. I have met Jim and it is very clear he wants to compete, nothing less, and that is how I think too.”

He will take charge of the squad with pre-season training now underway.

Galtier had a 15 year long playing career, with much of his time spent at Marseille as well as playing in Italy and China. He took his first head coach role at Saint-Etienne in December 2009 and guided the club to safety finishing in 17th place. Saint-Etienne finished in the top 10 of Ligue 1 in the seven-consecutive season of Galtier’s tenure, with four of those seasons bringing European football. In 2013, Saint-Etienne won the Coupe de la Ligue, their first trophy in 32 years.

He took on the role of head coach at Lille in December 2017 when the club was in a difficult situation and successfully managed to avoid relegation by one point in the 2017-18 season. His first full season in charge saw him lead Lille to finish second and qualifying for the Champions League after a six-year absence. During the 2020-21 season he guided Lille to their first Ligue 1 title in 10 years and was named Ligue 1 Manager of the Year for a third time. By winning the Ligue 1 title with Lille in 20/21, Galtier also broke the hegemony of PSG who have won seven titles in eight seasons underscoring the level of achievement.[/article]

Slightly surprised he chose to leave Fulham

Scott Parker - Bournemouth (Head Coach)

[article]AFC Bournemouth are delighted to announce the appointment of Scott Parker as the club’s new head coach.

The 40-year-old former Fulham boss has put pen to paper on a three-year contract at Vitality Stadium and will be joined by five new members of staff.

Matt Wells will be assistant head coach, with Rob Burch the club’s first team goalkeeping coach. Alastair Harris joins as head of performance, while Charlie Moore is lead physical performance coach and Jonathan Hill first team head analyst.

A central midfielder by trade, Parker began his career at Charlton Athletic before featuring for Chelsea, Newcastle United, West Ham United, Tottenham Hotspur and Fulham, retiring in the summer of 2017 with 572 club appearances under his belt.

In addition, he won 18 senior England caps, featuring at Euro 2012 and captaining his nation.

Having hung up his boots, Parker returned to Spurs to take his first steps in coaching with their under-18s squad.

Twelve months later he was appointed first team coach at another of his former clubs, Fulham, and having stepped up to a caretaker manager role, was permanently appointed as the Cottagers’ manager in May 2019.

Parker’s first full season in charge at Craven Cottage saw him secure promotion to the Premier League via the play-offs and he went on to memorably inspire Fulham to a victory over champions Liverpool in March.

“I believe this is the perfect fit for both parties,” Parker told afcbTV.

“I’m familiar with Bournemouth because of my relationship with Harry Arter. It’s a football club I know well from watching him over the years.

“The ethos, the reputation, the journey and the challenge here is something that’s very exciting for me and my staff.

“We want to build a team the fans can be proud of and one they feel represents them. We can’t wait to get started.”

AFC Bournemouth chief executive Neill Blake said: “It has been a long process but I am delighted to finally get our man.

“Scott has always been our number one choice for this role and someone whose coaching career we have taken a keen interest in since his first steps in Tottenham Hotspur’s academy.

“Over a period of time he has proven himself as one of the best young head coaches in the country; someone who has a clear philosophy on how he wants to play and knows what it takes to win promotion from the Championship.

“Scott is fully invested in the long-term project in front of us here, and this is the start of an exciting new period for this club.”

[/article]

Markus Schopp - Barnsley (Head Coach)

[article]
Barnsley FC is delighted to announce the arrival of Markus Schopp as the new first team Head Coach on a three-year contract.

The 47-year-old enjoyed a successful playing career, which included 56 caps for his native Austria and an appearance in the 1998 World Cup. Alongside two stints with Sturm Graz, where he won the Austrian Bundesliga in 1999, and Hamburger SV, Schopp also lined up alongside Roberto Baggio and Pep Guardiola during a spell at Brescia Calcio.

It was within the Red Bull system where the Austrian both finished his playing days and transitioned into a coaching career.

Having accrued a further nine years of management experience at both Sturm Graz and St Polten, Schopp joins the Reds on the back of a three-year period with Austrian Bundesliga’s TSV Hartberg. Schopp’s Hartberg side defied the odds and achieved their highest ever domestic finish during the 19/20 season, resulting in inclusion to the UEFA Europa League qualifying phase.

A trend evident throughout Schopp’s coaching career is the development of young, emerging talent, a quality that is significant to those at Oakwell. Commenting on the appointment, Co-chairman, Paul Conway, said: "We are very excited that Markus has signed with Barnsley and will continue the growth of our football club.

“He has had a remarkable career as a player and has been phenomenal growing Hartberg in the Austrian Bundesliga on a small budget. I am sure all in the town of Barnsley and our 11,000 seasonal members can't wait for the season to start."

Schopp has wasted no time getting to work, overseeing the traditional pre-season testing programme, before introductions with his backroom team.

Upon joining the Reds, our new Head Coach added: “It’s great to come to a country where football is so big, so traditional, especially in South Yorkshire. There are so many clubs and they are so famous and Barnsley, for me, is one of those teams. I will help Barnsley get to where they have been in the last year, I will do everything for that.

“I appreciate this opportunity a lot and I look forward to getting to work, meeting the team and coaching staff and seeing the supporters back in the stadium soon.”
[/article]

Steven Caulker - Fenerbahçe (free transfer)

[article]Former England defender Steven Caulker is set to stay in Turkey after agreeing a deal to sign for Fenerbahce.

The former Tottenham and Queens Park Rangers centre-back, 29, has spent two seasons at Alanyaspor and will sign a contract pending a medical.

On Tuesday, Caulker thanked Alanyaspor and its fans on social media for giving him a chance to rebuild his career following addiction problems.

"You gave me a chance. I will never forget what you did for me," he wrote.

Caulker, who has also played for Cardiff City, Swansea City, Dundee and Liverpool, made 33 appearances and scored three goals for Alanyaspor last season.

Alanyaspor were top of the Turkish Super Lig but eventually slipped to seventh.

Moving to Fenerbahce will offer Caulker the chance to compete in the Europa League next season.

Caulker has one cap for England, scoring in a 4-2 defeat against Sweden in a friendly in 2012. He also made five appearances for Team GB at the London Olympics that year.[/article]

Vincenzo Italiano - Fiorentina (Head Coach)

[article]Fiorentina can confirm that Vincenzo Italiano has been appointed as the Viola’s new first-team coach.

Italiano will assume the role on 1 July 2021 and has signed a two-year contract through to June 2023, with an option for a third year.

The new coach will be unveiled to the press in the coming weeks.

Fiorentina would like to welcome Italiano to the club and wish him all the best in his new role with the Viola.[/article]

Osaze Urhoghide - Celtic (free transfer)

[article]Celtic are delighted to announce the signing of Osaze Urhoghide on a four-year deal from Sheffield Wednesday. The highly-rated 20-year-old defender has attracted interest from a number of top clubs in England and in Europe, but he has opted to join Ange Postecoglou’s Celtic team.

Born in The Netherlands, Osaze moved to England as a child, and his professional football career began with AFC Wimbledon before joining Sheffield Wednesday in 2019, where he went on to make 21 appearances for the club.

Speaking of the new signing, Celtic manager Ange Postecoglou said: “It’s great. He’s someone that the club’s been tracking for a while and when I came on board, I managed to have a meeting with him and he’s a good young man, he’s very ambitious.

“He’s just beginning his football career but he shows all the attributes on and off the field to want to become a top player, so it’s great to get him here. He can play a couple of positions at the back and, most importantly, he’s really keen to learn and develop and I think this will be a great environment for him.

“He’s a modern defender. He’s good athletically, he’s mobile, he’s quick and he wants to get on the ball. He can play a couple of different positions, and from our perspective, and the way we want to play our football, there are certain things I look for in players irrespective of age, and he’s got some really good attributes to be a top defender.

“The most important thing is, he’s got a real desire to reach the very top. He’s excited about joining the club, which is important to me because that’s the first thing I want to hear from players, that they’re really keen to join us.”[/article]

Fábio Cardoso - Porto (€2.2m)

The 27-year-old defender leaves CD Santa Clara and signs a contract valid until June 2026.

[article]The Club is delighted to announce the appointment of Marco Silva as our new Head Coach.

Silva has agreed a three-year deal with Fulham, keeping him at Craven Cottage until the end of the 2023/24 campaign.

He will be assisted by Club legend Luis Boa Morte, who made 250 appearances in a six-and-a-half year spell.

Speaking to fulhamfc.com, Silva said: “I’m really pleased and proud to be appointed Head Coach of such a historic football club. I want to thank the owner, Mr Khan, Tony Khan and the entire football structure of Fulham Football Club, for the trust shown in us. I’m excited to get started and my message for our fans ahead of this big challenge is we will all be working very hard together to be successful so they can feel proud at the end of the season.”

Fulham Chairman Shahid Khan provided the following statement: “My commitment to Fulham Football Club is resolute and I therefore take to heart my obligation to provide our supporters with the very best possible, on the pitch and away from the game. In recent days, this responsibility entailed identifying, interviewing and hiring a head coach who would achieve all of our objectives as a club.

“I met Marco Silva in Portugal last week and was inspired. Marco’s body of work in football was evident, but listening to him break down in detail his experiences at each of his stops as a head coach was thoroughly impressive. Marco also came prepared, with a full understanding of the players we have and ideas on how we can move forward this season. I loved his energy and optimism, and I’m confident Marco Silva is the right choice to lead Fulham Football Club as our new Head Coach.

“Finally, Marco will add to his backroom staff a true fan favourite. Luis Boa Morte played here, worked here, knows the Club and appreciates what the Fulham badge means to the supporters. That’s a plus for all of us.

“Overall, I hope everyone who loves Fulham Football Club is as enthused to welcome Marco Silva to Fulham as I am proud to make this appointment. Come on, Fulham!”

This is Silva’s fourth job in England, having previously led Hull City, Watford and Everton in the Premier League.

After transforming the fortunes of GD Estoril in his homeland – taking them from the brink of bankruptcy in the second tier, to the Europa League – he went on to win trophies in consecutive seasons with Sporting Clube de Portugal and Olympiakos, respectively.

He joined Hull in January 2017 with the team sitting bottom of the Premier League having won just three matches all season. Silva managed to ignite an immediate improvement in form, but their eight victories in the second half of the campaign weren’t quite enough to save the club from relegation.

His style of play and impact at Hull prompted Watford to appoint him that summer. Silva was only at Vicarage Road for half a year, but left the club sitting in a healthy 10th spot in the Premier League.

Silva joined Everton in May 2018, and guided the club to an eighth place finish in his one full season in charge.[/article]

Gavin Bazunu - Portsmouth (loan)

[article]Pompey have completed the signing of goalkeeper Gavin Bazunu on a season-long loan deal from Manchester City.

The 19-year-old Republic of Ireland international spent the 2020/21 campaign at Rochdale, where he made 32 appearances.

Blues boss Danny Cowley said: “We’re delighted to sign Gavin, who we believe is one of the best young goalkeepers in Europe.

“His presence comes from his speed around the box, how well he covers his area and the fact he’s incredibly brave.

“He has outstanding distribution and will have benefitted tremendously from his loan spell with Rochdale.

“Last season he was probably the busiest keeper in League One – he made the most saves in the division.

“We had to work really hard to make this deal happen as there was also interest from the Championship.

“But we presented to the Manchester City goalkeeping coach and are delighted to make the move possible because he fits our game idea and the way we want the team to play.

“We’ve now got two fantastic young players fighting for the number one spot and I think they can help each other progress. It’s the type of competition that we’re striving for in all areas of the pitch.”

Bazunu progressed through the academy at Shamrock Rovers and appeared for their first team before joining Manchester City in February 2019.

He penned a new long-term contract before being borrowed by Rochdale and kept a clean sheet on his debut in a Carabao Cup win at Huddersfield.

Bazunu has been capped four times at senior level by Ireland, making his debut in a World Cup qualifier against Luxembourg back in March.[/article]

Billy Gilmour - Norwich (loan)

[article]Norwich City have completed the season-long loan signing of Billy Gilmour from Chelsea.

Gilmour, aged 20, arrives at City following a successful 2020-21 campaign with Chelsea. He made a total of 11 senior appearances in all competitions, as Chelsea finished fourth in the Premier League and won their second UEFA Champions League title.

North Ayrshire-born, Gilmour made the switch to the Chelsea youth setup from Rangers in the summer of 2017.

In the Chelsea academy, he was part of the side that claimed an U18 Premier League and FA Youth Cup double in the 2017-18 season.

In the 2019-20 campaign, Gilmour’s continued impressive performances earned him the Chelsea Academy Player of the Year award.

He made his first team debut for Chelsea in a 2-2 draw against Sheffield United in the Premier League in August 2019.

In total, Gilmour has made 22 senior appearances for Chelsea.

On the international stage, Gilmour has three senior Scotland caps to his name. He impressed on his first senior start for the national side in a UEFA Euro 2020 group stage draw against England at Wembley.

Gilmour said: “I’m very excited to be here. I can’t wait for the season ahead. I’ve been looking forward to coming here, playing as much as possible and helping Norwich City compete in the Premier League.

“I spoke to the head coach [Daniel Farke] here. He called me and we had a nice talk about how he wants to play and how he sees me fitting in. Everything he said was what I want to do on the pitch, get the ball down and play nice football. He spoke really highly of his team and I wanted to come join here and help.

“There are very exciting times ahead, coming in for pre-season and seeing all the lads. Let’s get to it.”

Head coach Daniel Farke told canaries.co.uk: “We are really happy to have brought Billy in. We must say a big thank you to Chelsea and all those involved for making this deal happen.

“I think it helped that in the past we have shown that young players with potential are in good hands here at Norwich City.

“We are delighted to bring Billy in because we’ve lost some players in that area. We’re looking to improve our options, particularly in the centre of the park, and for that we’re happy to bring Billy in.

“We got the feeling that he can help us a lot with his ability to link the play, his technical qualities and also his work against the ball. From the football point of view, but also from his character he is the perfect fit to our squad.

“He will help us to achieve our targets. We still have to keep in mind that he is an unbelievably young guy and that he hasn’t played regularly on this level. We have to give him some time and space to improve and find his rhythm.

“All in all, we got the feeling that he can help us achieve our targets and he’s a perfect fit for us.”[/article]

Romain Perraud - Southampton (£12m inclusive of add ons)

[article]Southampton Football Club is delighted to announce it has completed the signing of defender Romain Perraud from Stade Brest.

The 23-year-old French left-back has signed a four-year contract at St Mary’s, becoming the first addition of the summer to manager Ralph Hasenhüttl’s squad.

Perraud, capped eight times at Under-21 level for his country, began his career with Nice before starring in Ligue 2 with Paris FC, earning a move to newly-promoted Brest in 2019, where he made 61 appearances, scoring three goals.

The highly-rated attacking full-back, who was named in the France Football Ligue 1 team of the season in 2020/21, will join up with his new teammates in time for the start of pre-season training.

Ralph Hasenhüttl said: “This is an important first signing for us. Clearly, left-back is an area in which we were looking to strengthen and we have tracked Romain for a long time because he fits our profile for this position very well.

“He is a high energy, robust guy with good aggression who will bring lots of energy to our play. He has good quality with his delivery from wide and is very competitive with his defending.

“Completing the transfer before the start of pre-season allows him to start training with us immediately, learning our way of playing and tactical behaviours. I think Romain will fit in well with us and we can help him develop his game further and maximise his potential.”

Romain Perraud said: “I’m very happy to be a Saint and I can’t wait to start this adventure.

“I think it’s the best club for me. The manager explained to me the project of the club and for me that’s very important.

“He spoke with me about tactics, of the way to play, and there are similarities in his play to mine. The feeling was very good, so now I’m here and I’m very happy.”[/article]

Boubakary Soumaré - Leicester (£17m)

[article]Leicester City is delighted to confirm the signing of midfielder Boubakary Soumaré from Ligue 1 champions Lille for an undisclosed fee, subject to Premier League and international clearance.

The 22-year-old Frenchman has signed a five-year-deal and will join up with his new Foxes teammates for the start of pre-season later this month.

He made 40 appearances in all competitions for Lille last season, including eight in the UEFA Europa League, and helped Les Dogues to the French title, pipping Paris Saint-Germain to first place by one point.

Speaking to LCFC.com, Soumaré said: “I’m really proud to come to the Premier League and a big club like Leicester. It’s going to really help me to develop my game and progress as a player, so I feel it is the right step for me.

“Leicester is a very ambitious club. When they spoke to me about their plans and what they wanted from me, I knew straight away I wanted to come. I really am so proud and honoured to be here and I will give my all for the team and club to make everyone happy.”

The industrious midfielder started his career with Paris FC and spent five years with the club before joining the PSG Youth Academy in 2011.

After six seasons with PSG, he moved to Lille in 2017, signing a three-year deal and making his professional debut in a 3-0 win over Metz in November of the same year.

His stay at Stade Pierre Mauroy was extended by a further two years at the end of the 2017/18 campaign, and he netted his first goal for the club at Lyon in May 2019.

In total, he made 112 appearances in all competitions for Lille, culminating in last season’s Ligue 1 triumph – the club’s first since 2011 and the fourth in their history.

Internationally, Soumaré has represented France at various youth age groups, and is a teammate of Wesley Fofana, with the pair playing for Les Bleus at Under-21 level.[/article]

Leicester doing some good stuff.

Looked to have signed 2 coups so far.

Their midfield option look good.

Juan Musso - Atalanta (€20m)

Joel Piroe - Swansea (£1m)

[article]Swansea City has completed the signing of Dutch striker Joel Piroe from PSV Eindhoven for an undisclosed fee, subject to international clearance.

The 21-year-old becomes Swansea’s second acquisition of the summer transfer window, with the club having already added Wigan striker Kyle Joseph to the first-team squad.

Holland Under-20 international Piroe joined PSV’s academy from Feyenoord in 2014 and has gained regular experience in the Eredivisie over the last two campaigns.

He spent the 2019-20 season on loan with Sparta Rotterdam, scoring two goals in 18 appearances; having netted 11 goals in 29 appearances for Jong PSV in the Eerste Division the previous campaign.

Piroe made 12 first-team appearances for PSV last term, scoring three goals, including a brace in a Europa League win over Omonia Nicosia.

He has been capped by his country at under-15, under-16, under-18, under-19 and under-20 level.

Piroe will meet up with his new team-mates following their pre-season camp in Pennyhill Park next week, with the Dutchman following Covid-19 guidelines by spending a period in isolation ahead of his arrival in Swansea.[/article]

Last edited:
Great signing. They created so many chances last season but had no one to finish them off.

André Silva - RB Leipzig (€23m)

[article]RB Leipzig have completed the signing of forward André Silva from Eintracht Frankfurt. The 25-year-old has agreed a long-term five-year contract until 2026.

André Silva took his first footballing steps at SC Salgueiros and then Boavista FC, before joining Portuguese giants FC Porto's youth setup in summer 2011. He worked his way through the U17s, U19s and the reserves before making the step up to the first team in summer 2016, immediately becoming a regular in 2016/17 with 21 goals in 44 competitive appearances.

That impressive start to his professional career earned him a move to AC Milan in 2017/18, scoring another 10 goals in 40 games. He was then loaned out to Sevilla FC in the following campaign (40 games, 11 goals), before making the switch to Eintracht Frankfurt in 2019/20, becoming one of the Bundesliga's top goalscorers over the last two years. The 1.85-metre-tall forward has therefore played in four of Europe's top leagues, also making 41 appearances and scoring 15 goals in European competition.

Silva has represented Portugal at every youth level and made his senior international debut in a 5-0 win over Gibraltar on 1st September 2016. He has already won 42 caps, scoring 16 goals for his country. He was part of the Portugal squad for the EURO 2020 and made three brief appearances. The right-footer was also on board at the 2018 World Cup in Russia, again featuring three times.

André Silva will now have a short summer holiday following Portugal's exit from the EUROs and is expecting to join up with the Bulls for pre-season in mid-July.

Florian Scholz, commercial director for sport:

"Capturing André Silva on a long-term deal is a special transfer. We not only get an immensely quality footballer, but we do so in a very lucrative deal financially, with his transfer fee well below his current market value. André made it clear to us early on that RB Leipzig was his preferred destination and we're absolutely delighted to have completed the transfer, particularly for the fee involved.

André can now enjoy a much-deserved holiday. He will arrive in Leipzig in mid-July ready to help us tackle the new season. A transfer like this was and is a team performance, therefore Christopher and I would to thank everyone involved, such as financial director Florian Hopp, legal director Bärbel Milsch, sporting coordinator Felix Krüger and the scouting team for their brilliant teamwork."

Christopher Vivell, technical director:

"André Silva is one of the best forwards in the Bundesliga and has already proven his quality on the international stage. He is a good fit for our team and our style of football both as a person and as a player. André is a proper goal-getter, something his tally of 28 goals from last season demonstrates. He is a complete forward as well though - he can finish with both feet, he's strong in the air and he's technically gifted. We have therefore been able to add a different type of player to our squad who makes us more versatile in attack, makes us less predictable and also carries a serious goal threat.

At 25 years old, his development is anything but finished either. He will be able to take the next step with us and become a key player for RB Leipzig over the coming years. We're delighted to have him as part of our squad."

André Silva:

"I’m really excited for the new challenge at RB Leipzig. The club have big goals and ambitions and I want to help them achieve those, ideally by scoring as many goals as possible. I want to play at the highest level and that is Champions League football – I have the chance to do that on a regular basis at RB Leipzig. It didn’t take long for the club’s management to convince me of their vision and above all their footballing philosophy. Even though I’ve still got some time off to enjoy, I’m already buzzing to get going in the new season with RB Leipzig.

I would like to sincerely thank Eintracht Frankfurt. I had two amazing and successful years there and was able to really develop as a player."

Player profile
Name: André Miguel Valente da Silva
Born: 06/11/1995 in Baguim do Monte (Portugal)
Nationality: Portugal
Preferred foot: right
Height: 1.85 m
Position: Forward
Statistics
Eintracht Frankfurt:
Bundesliga: 57 games | 40 goals | 12 assists
DFB-Pokal: 5 games | 3 goals | 2 assists
UEFA Europa League: 9 games | 2 goals | 1 assist

Sevilla FC:
LaLiga: 27 games | 9 goals | 2 assists
Copa del Rey: 4 games | 2 goals
UEFA Europa League: 6 games
UEFA Europa League qualifying: 2 games | 1 assist

AC Milan:
Serie A: 25 games | 2 goals
Coppa Italia: 2 games
UEFA Europa League: 10 games | 6 goals
UEFA Europa League qualifying: 4 games | 2 goals | 1 assist

FC Porto:
Liga NOS: 41 games | 17 goals | 8 assists
UEFA Champions League: 8 games | 4 goals | 2 assists
UEFA Europa League qualifying: 2 games | 1 goal
UEFA Youth League: 6 games | 4 goals
International record
Senior team: 42 caps | 16 goals |4 assists
Youth teams: 70 games | 31 goals
Clubs
From 07/2021: RB Leipzig
09/2020 to 07/2021: Eintracht Frankfurt
09/2019 to 09/2020: Eintracht Frankfurt (loan)
08/2018 to 06/2019: Sevilla FC (loan)
07/2017 to 08/2018: AC Milan
07/2016 to 07/2017: FC Porto
07/2013 to 07/2016: FC Porto B
Until 07/2013: FC Porto (youth)
Youth clubs: SC Salgueiros and Boavista FC[/article]

Last edited:
Vincenzo Italiano - Fiorentina (Head Coach)

[article]Fiorentina can confirm that Vincenzo Italiano has been appointed as the Viola’s new first-team coach.

Italiano will assume the role on 1 July 2021 and has signed a two-year contract through to June 2023, with an option for a third year.

The new coach will be unveiled to the press in the coming weeks.

Fiorentina would like to welcome Italiano to the club and wish him all the best in his new role with the Viola.[/article]

This is like an early version of PES before they could license real names. Italian coach named Vincenzo Italiano? What’s next, a player named Lasagna?

Emiliano Marcondes - Bournemouth (free transfer)

[article]
AFC Bournemouth have completed the signing of attacking midfielder Emiliano Marcondes on a three-year deal.

The 26-year-old will arrive at Vitality Stadium a free agent, having left Brentford earlier this week upon the expiry of his contract.

He is due to join up with his new Cherries teammates next week, after completing a period of quarantine in line with government guidelines on international travel.

Marcondes played a key role in the Bees’ promotion to the Premier League last season, making 40 appearances in all competitions, scoring in their play-off final victory over Swansea City and being named man of the match at the Wembley showpiece.

A former Denmark under-21 international, Marcondes began his career in his homeland in the youth set-up at Hvidovre IF, before moving to FC Nordsjaelland’s academy where he rose through the ranks before making his senior debut in April 2013.

In January 2018 he moved to Brentford and immediately became part of the first team squad at Griffin Park. A four-month loan spell with FC Midtjylland at the end of 2019 saw Marcondes lift the Danish Superliga title, before returning to West London where he became a key component in the Bees’ promotion-chasing side.

“To be able to sign a player of Emiliano’s quality on a free transfer is a huge coup for the club,” said AFC Bournemouth chief executive Neill Blake.

“Unsurprisingly, we were in competition with a number of other clubs so I’m delighted that he has chosen AFC Bournemouth for the next stage of his career.

“Emiliano is proven at this level, knows what it takes to win and has experience of the biggest games and securing promotion.

“He will be an excellent addition to our squad and add real competition in an important area of the pitch.”

[/article]

Kamil Grabara - F.C. Copenhagen (£3m with 20% sell on clause)

[article]F.C. Copenhagen have signed goalkeeper Kamil Grabara from Liverpool FC.

Grabara joins the club on an agreement until the summer of 2026.

The 22-year-old Polish goalkeeper has been with the Premier League club since 2016 and has been loaned out to AGF and Huddersfield Town in the Championship during his spell.

“Kamil is a very talented goalkeeper and a strong character with high ambitions on behalf of the team and himself. He is never satisfied and always pushes himself and his teammates forward,” says FCK sports director Peter Christiansen.

“He has shown his worth in both the Superliga and at Huddersfield, shown when Liverpool extended his contract during his time there, which also testifies to his quality. Now he gets a more solid position, and we see him as a clear strengthening of our goalkeeper team, as he adds some new dimensions, which give our game other levels and opportunities both defensively and offensively.”

Grabara has made 19 U21 international appearances for Poland, while he has represented the country at all youth national team levels, and he has also featured for Poland at a U21 European Championship final. In the 2019/20 season, he was loaned out to Huddersfield in English football’s second tier, where he was their first-choice goalkeeper.

“I am really looking forward to being part of FCK, which is not just a big club in Denmark and Scandinavia, but also in the rest of Europe," says Grabara.

"I know the club from my time in Denmark, and I have been in Parken as an opponent. It is a great place to be a football player, and I look forward to trying it out here as an FCK player.

"I arrive ready to win titles and play with the best in the world at F.C. Copenhagen, but I also come to be a better goalkeeper. I know the competition is tough at this club, but I am ready to work hard on the training ground and be part of the team so that we all develop.”

For head coach Jess Thorup, the purchase of Grabara is also welcome news.

"We know him as a really strong goalkeeper with lightning-fast reflexes and good understanding of the game," says Thorup.

“He is a slightly different and more physical type than our other goalkeepers, so that gives us other options. There will definitely be tough competition for space, but that has always been the case at FCK, and that is how it should be.

"We look forward to getting Kamil into the squad and out on the field with the rest of the team.”

Grabara has arrived at the team's training camp in Austria and will play in the shirt no 1 this season.

Kamil Grabara
Born: 8 January 1999.
Position: Goalkeeper.
Former clubs: Liverpool FC, AGF, Huddersfield Town.[/article]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom