• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Confirmed Transfers 21/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe Hart - Celtic (£1 million)
James McCarthy - Celtic (free transfer)

[article]Celtic Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of two new players – goalkeeper Joe Hart, who joins the club on a three-year deal from Tottenham Hotspur, and midfielder James McCarthy, who has signed a four-year deal, having left his previous club, Crystal Palace, at the end of last season.

Joe Hart, who has been capped 75 times for England, has twice won the English Premier League during 12 years with Manchester City, when he also won the FA Cup and two League Cups. And following a two-year spell with Burnley, the 34-year-old joined Tottenham in 2020.

James McCarthy is a Republic of Ireland internationalist who has been capped 43 times for his country.

James began his career at Hamilton Accies, making his first-team debut for the club at the age of just 15 back in 2006. After three years there, he moved to Wigan Athletic where he helped them to win the FA Cup in 2013 before he moved on to Everton. And after six years at Goodison, the 30-year-old joined Crystal Palace in 2019.

Celtic manager Ange Postecoglou said: “I’m delighted that we have signed two top-class players in Joe and James. Both of them have a wealth of experience at both club and international level, and that is something which can only benefit the squad, and I’m looking forward to working with both of them.

“I know our supporters will be well aware of both players, and I’m sure they’ll welcome them to the club and look forward to seeing both of them play for Celtic in the seasons ahead.”

Speaking of his move to Paradise, Joe Hart said: “This is a great moment for me in my career and I am absolutely delighted to be joining a club of Celtic’s stature.

“I know just how big this club is and of the incredible support that it enjoys, and I can’t wait to play in front of the fans at Celtic Park.

“I’m looking forward to meeting up with my new team-mates now and getting to work with the squad and, in particular, the other goalkeepers here.”

And James McCarthy said: “To have signed for Celtic is a brilliant feeling and this is a special day for me and my family.

“I know all about the club, the size of it and all the success it’s enjoyed, particularly in recent years. I’m looking forward to pulling on the Hoops, playing at Paradise and helping the team deliver more success to these amazing fans in the seasons ahead.”[/article]

Myron Boadu - Monaco (€17m plus add ons up to €2m)

[article]
AS Monaco and AZ Alkmaar (Eredivisie, Dutch first division) have reached an agreement for the transfer of Myron Boadu. The Amsterdam-born centre-forward, who has already played with the national team (1 cap and 1 goal), has signed a contract with AS Monaco until 30 June 2026.

Almost 90 games with his former club
Myron Boadu was trained at AZ Alkmaar, a club he joined in 2013. In 2018, he signed his first professional contract with the club and made his debut in the top flight on 6 May 2018 in a 6-0 win over PEC Zwolle. He scored his first professional goal against NEC Breda (5-0) shortly afterwards, at the age of 17. At the age of 20, Myron Boadu has already scored 38 goals (18 assists) in 88 games with Alkmaar, including 21 games in European competition (6 goals and 7 assists).

Already with Oranje Team
An international in all categories with the Netherlands, the Amsterdam striker recently participated in the Euro U21 with his country. His two goals in the quarter-finals of the competition saw off Les Bleuets (2-1) and helped the Oranje to reach the semi-finals, where they lost out to eventual winners Germany (1-2).

Myron Boadu, already called up to the senior team, had a successful debut on 19 November 2019, coming on against Estonia and completing his side’s success with a first international goal (6-0).

> Oleg Petrov, Vice President CEO
“We are very happy to welcome Myron Boadu to AS Monaco. Myron has shown a lot of qualities and despite his age has an interesting experience at international level. His arrival is part of our desire to consolidate the competitiveness of the squad and to continue our progress in a sustainable manner.”

> Paul Mitchell, Sporting Director
“We are excited to welcome Myron to AS Monaco. He had many options due to his already highly productive young career and had a choice from a list of clubs. We are delighted he saw the long term plan and the advanced environment we are building to continue his development with us. His age and profile fits perfectly to our organizational strategy and the foundations we are working to put in place. His abilities bring a complementary attacking option to an already strong area of our squad. At the age of 20, he has displayed a consistent level of scoring in the last seasons, what has been rightly recognized by his national team. Welcome Myron!”

> Myron Boadu
“This is a big step for me and I feel a lot of pride in committing to AS Monaco. I would like to thank the club for the trust placed in me. AS Monaco is coming off a successful season with a return to the European Cup. I know that here, young players like me have everything they need to progress. My goal is to integrate as quickly as possible and to bring my qualities to the team. I can’t wait to start this new adventure.
[/article]

100 million, 6 year contract. Man City actually have money!!!

232187065_4693528540704772_8110218008433227853_n.jpg

Matheus Pereira - Al Hilal (undisclosed fee)

[article]Matheus Pereira has today joined Saudi Professional League side Al Hilal for an undisclosed fee.

The 25-year-old made 77 appearances for the Baggies, scoring 20 goals in two seasons with the club.

The Brazilian arrived at The Hawthorns on loan from Sporting Lisbon in the summer of 2019 and made his move permanent a year later.

The club wishes Matheus well in his future career. [/article]

Merih Demiral - Atalanta (loan for €2.5m with option to buy for €25m plus bonuses and a cut of any future transfer fee)

[article]Merih Demiral believes he can ‘improve’ after joining Atalanta from Juventus and has ‘heard about Gian Piero Gasperini’s tough training sessions.’

The Turkey international made the move on loan for €2.5m with option to buy for €25m plus bonuses and a cut of any future transfer fee.

“I am very happy, because Atalanta are a great team, they have wonderful fans and this is an important new opportunity for me,” the defender told the official club YouTube channel.

“Even though I am still young, I have been fortunate enough to play in Serie A for several years. I keep hearing about Gasperini’s tough training sessions and I am here to work. I know that I can improve here.”

Atalanta reached the Coppa Italia Final last season, losing against Demiral’s Juventus.

“My objectives this year are to win a trophy with Atalanta. I won Serie A, the Coppa Italia and Supercoppa at Juve, but now I want to get silverware with Atalanta too.”

The 23-year-old first came to Italy for Sassuolo in January 2019 and within six months had earned an €18m move to Juventus.

His career stalled slightly when he tore his anterior cruciate ligament in January 2020, which kept him out for the rest of the season.

“Serie A is difficult, but we have a strong team and a strong mentality, that’s important for me. We’ll see what happens in Serie A and the Champions League, as Atalanta have been in that tournament for the last three years in a row.

“The most important thing for me is to put 100 per cent into every game and I can’t wait for the first match.”[/article]

Atalanta made ~€30m profit from his sale - another good pick up they made.

Cristian Romero (€50m + €5m add ons)

[article]We are delighted to announce the signing of Cristian Romero from Atalanta.

Cristian will wear the number four shirt.

Romero, 23, joins having been named as 'Best Defender' in the Serie A last season, with his performances helping Atalanta to a third-successive third place league finish.

He made it a summer to remember by being part of the Argentina squad - including his new club team-mate, Giovani Lo Celso - that won the Copa America in July. Cristian made three appearances in the tournament, including a start in the final against Brazil, keeping a clean sheet as La Albiceleste ended a 27-year wait for a major title.

Born in Cordoba, Cristian began his career at Belgrano in the Argentine Primera Division, making his debut in 2016. He joined Genoa in Serie A in 2018 and then Juventus a year later, with Juve loaning him back to Genoa for the 2019/20 season.

Cristian was loaned again at the start of last season, this time to Atalanta. He made 42 appearances for the Bergamo club in 2020/21 - alongside fellow new arrival, goalkeeper Pierluigi Gollini - including seven in the Champions League, helping La Dea to third place in Serie A and to the final of the Coppa Italia.

Having represented Argentina at Under-20 level, Cristian made his senior debut in a World Cup qualifier against Chile on 3 June, 2021 and has gone on to collect five caps in total. He scored just 130 seconds into his second appearance against Colombia on 8 June.[/article]

Juraj Kucka - Watford (£2m)

[article]Watford FC is pleased to announce the signing of experienced midfielder Juraj Kucka from Italian side Parma Calcio.

The Slovakia international, 34, joins the Hornets with more than a decade of experience playing at a high level, having turned out for the likes of AC Milan, Genoa and Trabzonspor.

A cultured midfielder, 'Kuco' has made 86 appearances for his national side, most recently appearing at this summer’s Euro 2020.

He has played in both a holding midfield role and further up the pitch, scoring 13 times and notching five assists in the last two seasons for Parma.

Welcome to Watford, Juraj![/article]

Can't believe he's "only" 30 years old. Fair to say he didn't fulfill his full potential.

Bojan Krkic - Vissel Kobe (free transfer)

Last edited:
Marco Richter - Hertha Berlin (€7m plus €1m in add-ons and sell-on clause)

Arne Maier - Augsburg (loan with option to buy)

[article]Our fourth new signing has put pen to paper ahead of the 2021/22 season. Hertha BSC announced the signing of Marco Richter on Monday (9/8). The variable attacker joins from FC Augsburg and will wear the No.23 shirt for the ‘Old Lady.’ “Energy, variability, a nose for goal and a strong mentality are all things that Marco brings to the table. He has proven this already over several years in the Bundesliga, despite being just 23 years old. We’re very pleased that he has chosen to move to Berlin,” Fredi Bobic said about the transfer. “I was looking for a new challenge after after several good years in Augsburg and am looking forward to joining Hertha. My discussions with the club convinced me of the move and I’m confident that my style of play will fit in well with the team,” said Marco Richter.

In return, Hertha will loan Arne Maier to FCA. “We have a lot of options in central midfield, which is why we granted Arne’s wish for a new challenge,” Bobic said. Arne Maier is a product of the Hertha academy, and made his Bundesliga debut for the capital city club. Maier has made 66 appearances for Hertha so far, having been on loan at Arminia Bielefeld in 2020/21.[/article]

Bojan is 1 of many Barca players to never have even reached close to their full potential.

I remember reading many posts about 7-8 years ago over at LFCTV GO about how we were gonna sign Cuenca Tello and Bojan and go on to dominate Europe for the next decade.

Josh Sargent - Norwich (€11m + add ons)

[article]Norwich City have completed the signing of American forward Josh Sargent from Werder Bremen.

The US Men’s National Team international, aged 21, joins for an undisclosed fee and has put pen to paper on a four-year deal.

Sargent has spent the past two and a half years playing for Werder Bremen in the topflight of German football, having progressed from the club’s reserve side. Throughout his time with Bremen he scored 15 goals in 83 games in all competitions.

Speaking to canaries.co.uk, Sargent said: “I’ve always wanted to play in the Premier League, so it’s a very exciting opportunity for me.

"I heard it’s a good group of guys and I talked with the head coach already and I really like what they’re trying to do here.

"I like to think my main position is a number nine, but I am also very versatile. No matter where I play, everyone can expect that I will give my all, my 100 percent and hopefully score some goals."

Against Fortuna Dusseldorf, Sargent scored with his first touch on his senior debut for Bremen to record the fastest goal by a debutant in the club’s history.

In 2019/20, he made 28 Bundesliga appearances and scored four goals. In 2020/21, he increased those numbers to 32 Bundesliga appearances and five goals.

On the international stage, Sargent has been a regular goalscorer throughout the US Men’s National Team age groups. In 2017 he featured in both the FIFA Under-17 and Under-20 World Cups, where he collected the Silver Boot award after scoring four goals.

In 2018, Sargent scored on his senior debut for the national team, in a 3-0 friendly victory over Bolivia. In total, he has registered five goals across 16 senior international appearances.

Sargent follows in the footsteps of former teammate Milot Rashica, who also moved to Norwich from Werder Bremen earlier this summer.

Head coach Daniel Farke said: “We’re really happy to have Josh with us. He’s at a young age with lots of potential. There was a lot of interest in him, so we must pay many compliments to Stuart Webber for getting this deal done.

“Josh has a lot of experience in the top level in the Bundesliga in Germany and has been there with many goals and assists. He has also scored goals for his national team.

“He’s a very good striking option for us but is someone who can also play on the wing. He has pace and is also good with his head. We know he is always there with a big workload and has a fantastic character.

“We know we have to be a bit more creative in the transfer market. We think we have a player in Josh who can contribute and develop into a top goalscorer on Premier League level. We see his potential and are delighted to have him with us.”

The deal is subject to clearance from the regulatory governing bodies.[/article]

Jens Petter Hauge - Eintracht Frankfurt (loan with obligation to buy for €12m)

[article]
Eintracht Frankfurt have strengthened their squad with the signing of winger Jens Petter Hauge from AC Milan. In doing so, the Bundesliga club have acquired the services of a versatile attacker who can play on both flanks and as a second striker.

Before moving to Milan, where Hauge scored five goals in 24 appearances for the Serie A runners-up last season, the 21-year old gained four years of experience at first-team level in his home country. The three-time Norway international made his senior debut on 13 April 2016 at the age of just 16 with boyhood club Bodö/Glimt – and scored a hat-trick after coming on as a substitute in a cup match. His league debut followed four days later, and after a total of 117 matches, 35 goals and a loan spell at Aalesunds in 2018, Hauge made the switch to Northern Italy in 2020.

“With Jens Petter Hauge, we’re adding the next important piece of the puzzle to our squad,” said Eintracht board member for sport Markus Krösche. “Our aim is to arrange the squad in such a way that we have even more versatility and are a bit less predictable. As well as great pace, Jens Petter is capable of beating players in one-on-one situations and is a goal threat from every attacking position. All that made him a very interesting player for us and we’re pleased we’ve been able to get him.”

New signing Hauge said: “I’m very happy to be here and to take my next step. Eintracht Frankfurt are a big club with great tradition and have caused a stir in Europe before. I’ve followed their outings in the Europa League and can’t wait to pull on the Eintracht shirt.”
[/article]

Kaoru Mitoma - Brighton (undisclosed fee)

[article]
Brighton & Hove Albion are pleased to confirm the signing of Japan international Kaoru Mitoma on a four-year-contract, on undisclosed terms from J1 League team Kawasaki Frontale.

He will spend the 2021/22 season on loan with Belgian first division side Royal Union Saint-Gilloise, and will link up with the Brussels based side after a break following the Olympics in Tokyo.

The 24-year-old has represented his country up to under-23 level, and was part of the squad which missed out on bronze in their final match against Mexico, after an good tournament on home soil.

Technical director Dan Ashworth said, “We’re delighted be able to sign Kaoru, who arrives off the back of a couple of really strong seasons in Japan.

“As part of his development we have decided to loan him to Union Saint-Gilloise, to help him become accustomed to European football, and test himself in a different environment.

“He’s one we have tracked for a while, so we are looking forward to seeing how he progresses in the next year and we will be watching him closely during his time in Belgium.”

Mitoma’s scintillating form at club level in the 2020 J1 League season saw him net 13 goals as Frontale lifted the J1 League title, which also saw him named in the league’s best XI for the campaign.

The following season he helped Kawasaki win the Japanese Super Cup, scoring twice in the final in a 3-2 win over Gamba Osaka.

He departs Kawasaki having made 64 appearances, scoring 30 times in all competitions.
[/article]

Doesn't look like they will loan Minamino then.

Armando Broja - Southampton (loan)

[article]Southampton Football Club has completed a season-long loan deal for Chelsea striker Armando Broja, it is delighted to announce.

The 19-year-old forward arrives from Stamford Bridge to join Ralph Hasenhüttl’s squad ahead of the 2021/22 campaign.

Broja follows in the footsteps of his former Chelsea teammate Tino Livramento in moving to St Mary’s this summer, representing another of the brightest emerging talents from the European champions’ academy.

Already capped six times at senior level by Albania, Broja spent last season on loan at Vitesse, netting 11 goals in 34 appearances, making him one of the top-scoring teenagers across Europe’s leading divisions, as he helped the Dutch side to a fourth-place finish in the Eredivisie as well as the final of the KNVB Cup.

That followed a 2019/20 campaign in which the Slough-born youngster scored 20 times at academy level, while also making his first-team debut in a 4-0 home win over Everton in March 2020.

Broja signed a new five-year contract at Chelsea this summer and has also impressed during pre-season while featuring for Thomas Tuchel’s first-team, scoring on a number of occasions.

Ralph Hasenhüttl said: “Armando is a very talented player who we were impressed by last season.

“He is young, but he comes now with a full season of experience in senior football with a good team, and he brings a lot of qualities that can help us.[/article]

Adam Armstrong - Southampton (£15m inclusive of add ons)

[article]Southampton Football Club is delighted to announce it has completed the signing of striker Adam Armstrong from Blackburn Rovers.

A prolific goalscorer with the Championship side, Armstrong moves to St Mary’s on a four-year deal, becoming the second forward to be added to Ralph Hasenhüttl’s squad today, following the arrival of Armando Broja on loan from Chelsea.

Armstrong joins Saints having scored 29 times for Rovers last season, finishing second in the Championship charts, while having the best goals-to-minutes ratio in the division.

The 24-year-old began his career with hometown club Newcastle, then developed further during loan spells with Coventry, Barnsley and Bolton as a youngster, before joining Blackburn in 2018, where he went on to make 139 appearances and score 54 goals.

He has been capped five times at England Under-21 level, while he was part of the Under-20 side that lifted the 2017 World Cup, making four appearances in the tournament, having also previously been in the Young Lions squad that won the 2014 UEFA European Under-17 Championship.

Ralph Hasenhüttl said: “Adam was a big target for us this summer, so we are very pleased to have added him to the squad, especially as there was a lot of interest in him from other clubs too.

“He is at a good stage of his career for him to be coming here. He is a young, dynamic player who has developed well so far and already has good experience, as well as an impressive goalscoring record, and I believe we can now help him realise even more of his potential.

“He will bring a lot of qualities to our team, and he gives us another good option in attack, which will be important for us.”

Adam Armstrong said: “It’s unbelievable to be here – such a massive club with a great fanbase and it’s just something that I’m really looking forward to.

“I thought it was perfect as my next step. I wanted to get back to the Premier League from what I’ve done for Blackburn, so I’m over the moon.”[/article]

Yoane Wissa - Brentford (undisclosed fee)

[article]Brentford FC have signed Congolese international winger Yoane Wissa on a four year contract, with the option of a further year, subject to international clearance. The 24-year-old completed his move from Ligue 1 side Football Club Lorient-Bretagne Sud, better known as FC Lorient, earlier today, Tuesday 10 August, for an undisclosed fee.

Wissa has played a key role in Lorient’s rise to the French top-flight in recent years, netting 27 times over the past two seasons. Featuring in each of their last 82 league matches, stretching back to January 2019, he was Les Merlus’ top scorer with 15 goals during their 2019/20 Ligue 2 title-winning campaign and struck double figures again last season in Ligue 1 as they avoided relegation on the final day. In total, his three-and-a-half years in Brittany saw him net 37 goals, with 17 assists, in 128 outings.

Brentford FC Head Coach, Thomas Frank, said: “Wissa is someone who fits many different positions for us. He can play as a winger, as a number 10, and as a striker. He has that pace and power which we think is really important to be a threat in behind. He has good ability to take on players and create overloads. He also has good pressing abilities; he will need to learn our style of play but he fits the pressing criteria we want from a winger, a striker, or a number 10. He had one good season in Ligue 2 and one very good season in Ligue 1 and now we look forward to developing him further. I’m sure that he will help the team. He is a very good character as well; everyone knows that it is very important for our culture that we only get good characters in. He is very keen to come in and help the team and we are very keen to get him in.

Brentford FC co-Director of Football, Phil Giles, said: “Yoane is a player we tried to sign last January to help us achieve promotion to the Premier League. Lorient preferred at that time to keep him to ensure they secured another season in Ligue 1, so it was a priority to make another attempt to sign him this summer. He really wanted to join Brentford so we are all very pleased that this transfer has finally come together after months of work.”

Born in northern Paris, Wissa played for his local youth clubs before joining LB Châteauroux as a 16-year-old. After two-years within La Berrichonne’s youth set-up, the then-18-year-old made an immediate impact for the Championnat Nationale side scoring six goals, with three assists, during his first 13 appearances. He ended that season with seven goals and five assists in 23 matches ahead of a move to Ligue 1 side Angers.

Wissa played just 25 minutes of Ligue 1 football for his parent club during his 18-months spent in the Loire. Sent out on loan, he scored twice in 15 Ligue 2 appearances for Stade Lavellois during the second-half of the 2016/17 campaign before joining another second tier side, AC Ajaccio, for the 2017/18 season. He scored 11 goals in 23 appearances for the Corsican outfit up to January, earning a move to Lorient at the end of the month. Coming up against both Julian Jeanvier and Saïd Benrahma that campaign, Wissa scored four goals during the closing stages of the Ligue 2 season as Lorient missed out on the Play-Offs by just three points.

FCL went even closer to promotion the following campaign, this time missing out on goal difference with Wissa contributing six goals and six assists over 40 games in all competitions. The 2019/20 campaign was a successful one for both player and club as Wissa struck 15 times in 28 appearances, helping Lorient win the league title, earning a return to the top-flight after a three-year absence.

Wissa took to the French top-flight instantly, netting four goals in Lorient’s first seven matches. During the season he went past 100 games for the Brittany club and finished as second-top scorer at the Stade du Moustoir, his ten goals helping his side avoid relegation on the final day.

That form did not go unnoticed by the Democratic Republic of the Congo who handed Wissa his international debut last October. After a 3-0 defeat to Burkina Faso, the 24-year-old then netted the equaliser as Congo drew 1-1 with Morocco in Marrakech on his second international outing.

In total, Wissa arrives in West London with 57 goals and 25 assists to his name in 192 domestic appearances.[/article]

Christos Tzolis - Norwich ( £8.8m + add ons up to approx £1m + sell on clause)

[article]
Norwich City are delighted to confirm the signing of Greece international winger Christos Tzolis from PAOK for an undisclosed fee.

Tzolis has put pen to paper on a five-year contract at the club that will run through to the summer of 2026.

Speaking to canaries.co.uk, Tzolis said: “I would like to thank everyone for the very good welcome. I’m very happy to be a part of this team and I hope to see the fans as fast as possible.

“I spoke with the coach (Daniel Farke) and he told me the plan and what he will do with me in the team. It’s a very good project for me to sign here.

“From the first moment, I was really excited to come here. I said to my agent to sign as fast as possible here. It’s a very good step for me.

“(Last year) was my first professional season. I had good stats and we won the cup in Greece. It was a very good season for me and I hope to continue like this here in the Premier League.”

The 19-year-old arrives following an impressive 2020/21 campaign with PAOK, who were runners-up in the Greek Super League.

After registering 16 goals and 10 assists across 46 appearances in all competitions, Tzolis was named as the club’s MVP of the Season.

PAOK were also victorious in the Greek Cup, lifting the trophy for an eighth time, and featured in both Champions League and Europa League competitions.

Since breaking into the PAOK senior team in 2020, Tzolis has gone on to make a total of 57 appearances in all competitions, scoring 17 goals.

On the international stage, Tzolis has eight senior caps for the Greece national team. His only goal for the Greece national team came in a 2-1 friendly victory over Cyprus in November 2020.

Tzolis now follows in the footsteps of fellow countryman and former PAOK teammate Dimitris Giannoulis, who also made the permanent switch to Norfolk earlier this summer following a successful loan.

Head coach Daniel Farke said: “We are all delighted with this signing. There was a lot of interest in Christos from some of the biggest teams in Europe.

“In his age group, Christos is probably one of the most exciting offensive players across European football.

“He’s a young winger with lots of pace and potential. He’s in a good physical condition and has been there delivering with many goals and assists for a big club in Greece in PAOK.

“Of course, we will give him the time to improve and adapt to English football, but we have a player with lot of potential and a great personality.”

Tzolis will wear shirt number 18 for the season ahead.

The transfer is subject to international clearance and approval from the regulatory governing bodies.
[/article]

Joe Willock - Newcastle (£25m)

[article]
Newcastle United have completed the permanent signing of midfielder Joe Willock from Arsenal for an undisclosed fee.

The 21-year-old enjoyed an outstanding loan spell with the Magpies between January and May 2021, scoring eight goals in just 14 Premier League appearances to help Steve Bruce's side to a 12th-placed finish last season.

During his initial stay on Tyneside, he also became the youngest player ever to score in seven consecutive Premier League matches - a sequence he will now get an opportunity to extend in a black and white shirt having agreed a long-term deal.

"I'm buzzing to be here," Willock told nufc.co.uk. "I loved my time here last season and I'm really happy to be back and to be a Newcastle United player.

"Leaving Arsenal is obviously a big step, and I'd like to thank everyone involved with the club for all their support over the years, but this is the right move to the right club at the right time for me.

"I only got one chance to play in front of a smaller number of Newcastle fans as a home player last season, so I can't wait to step out in front of a packed St. James' Park and experience that atmosphere.

"Come on, you Maggies!”

Newcastle United head coach Steve Bruce, said: "I'm absolutely delighted to secure our number one target.

"We have had to be patient and persistent, but it has been worth the wait to bring Joe back.

"I want to thank Lee Charnley in particular for the work he has put in to make the deal happen. The club have gone above and beyond to make it possible.

"Joe is a wonderful young player with all the attributes you want in a midfielder, and he certainly proved that during his time with us last season.

"This is a move I know our supporters really wanted us to make, and I know they will join me in giving Joe a very warm welcome back to St. James' Park."

Joe Willock will wear the number 28 shirt for the 2021/22 season - the same squad number he occupied last season.

The club can confirm that he will be available for selection for next week’s Premier League match against Aston Villa.
[/article]

Jannik Vestergaard - Leicester (£15m)

[article]Leicester City is pleased to confirm the signing of defender Jannik Vestergaard from Southampton for an undisclosed fee.

The 29-year-old Danish international has put pen to paper on a contract at King Power Stadium to 2024 and will be eligible to face Wolverhampton Wanderers in Saturday’s Premier League opener at King Power Stadium.

He made 32 appearances in all competitions for the Saints during the 2020/21 campaign and played a key role for Denmark at UEFA EURO 2020, helping his country to the last four of the competition.

Speaking to LCFC TV, he said: "I’m very happy and I’m really excited to get going. It’s a special Club that has done very well over many years and I think the project is very, very exciting, even from the outside looking in. To be a part of it is a big thing for me.

"I know a couple of the players, and Kasper [Schmeichel] and Ryan [Bertrand] I know very well and get along with off the pitch, so that’s going to be very easy. Just from my first impression of the guys in the dressing room, they’re a good bunch, and I’m sure I’ll settle in very quickly."

Born in Hvidovre, Vestergaard played youth football in his native Denmark before starting his senior career with Hoffenheim in Germany.

The towering central defender then joined Werder Bremen in 2015 but moved to Borussia Mönchengladbach a year later.

He gained UEFA Champions League experience at Mönchengladbach and made over 175 appearances during his time in the Bundesliga, prior to signing for Southampton in July 2018.

His debut for the south coast club came against Burnley on the opening day of the 2018/19 season, and he went on to play a further 78 times for the Saints.

Internationally, he has represented Denmark at various youth levels, and has been capped on 29 occasions for the senior team, featuring in all six games at EURO 2020.

Vestergaard will now link up with his new team-mates ahead of City’s first fixture of the 2021/22 Premier League season at home to Wolverhampton Wanderers on Saturday. [/article]

Denzel Dumfries - Inter Milan (€12m + add ons up to €2.5m)

[article]Denzel Dumfries has no problem taking on the mantle of Achraf Hakimi at Inter. ‘I’m a wide defender and I like to attack a lot.’

The wing-back made the transfer from PSV Eindhoven for €12m plus another €2.5m in performance-related bonuses.

“The feeling is amazing,” he told Inter TV. “I’m very happy to join the champions of Italy. It’s a big opportunity for me and I’m happy to be here.”

The Dutch international is considered the heir to PSG-bound Hakimi and admits there are similarities in their approaches.

“I’m a wide defender and I like to attack a lot. I think I’ll fit in at Inter as they play with five at the back, as I have done with the Netherlands.”

Those are big shoes to fill, as Hakimi scored seven goals and provided 10 assists in 37 Serie A games last season.

There is also a tradition of Dutch talent that has impressed over the years at San Siro and someone ready to help Dumfries settle in.

“Stefan de Vrij is a good friend of mine and we’re from the same city. I know him very well. I’m happy that he’s here and that we’re now team-mates.

“I know which Dutch players have played here before. It’s an honour to join them on the list.

“I hope we can have a great season, maybe win another league title and do well in the Champions League. I can’t wait to get started. Forza Inter!”[/article]

Piero Hincapie - Leverkusen (€8m)

[article]The transfer speculation around Piero Hincapie is now over. Bayer Leverkusen announced today that the 19-year-old has put pen to paper on a 5-year contract.

Hincapie had a breakthrough season with CA Talleres in the Argentine first division and caught the eye of a lot of scouts as he represented Ecuador at the Copa America this summer.

With their second signing in central defense after Odilon Kossounou, Leverkusen have completely filled the major gap left by the departures of Sven Bender, Alexander Dragovic and Tin Jedvaj.

Now, club bosses Rudi Völler and Simon Rolfes can move onto other positions of concern, for instance the winger position, which is understaffed after the departure of Gray and Bailey, and injury to Karim Bellarabi.[/article]

Robert Andrich - Leverkusen (€6.5m)

[article]Robert Andrich has left Union Berlin to join Bayer Leverkusen.

The 26-year-old midfielder has signed a five-year deal with 'Die Werkself'.

“Robert Andrich is an experienced and established Bundesliga player who has continually improved at all his previous clubs. He is commanding and very ambitiøs. With his professionalism and sense of responsibility, Robert is a character who can lead the way, ” commented Leverkusen sporting director Simon Rolfes.

Bayer 04 have played at the top of the Bundesliga for many years," said Andrich.

"That's why I’m very happy and really impressed about how much the club fought to get me now and not in a year’s time. I'd like to and will definitely repay that confidence in my ability," he added.[/article]

Tammy Abraham - Roma (€40m + €5m add ons + sell on clause)

[article]Roma have officially announced Tammy Abraham’s €40m move from Chelsea.

The Giallorossi have replaced Edin Dzeko, who moved to Inter, with the English 23-year-old, who signed a deal until June 2026 with La Lupa.

Abraham has left Chelsea after 82 competitive appearances, contributing 30 goals and 12 assists in the process, and Roma will pay €40m including bonuses and a percentage of a future sale.

“AS Roma are delighted to be able to confirm the signing of England international Tammy Abraham.

Abraham, 23, joins the club from Premier League side Chelsea – with whom he won the Champions League earlier this year – for a fee of €40m.

“Abraham, meanwhile, has put pen-to-paper on a five-year contract with the club that runs until June 30, 2026.”[/article]

Gonzalo Montiel - Sevilla (€12m)

Ludwig Augustinsson - Sevilla (€4.5m + add ons)

[article]Sevilla have confirmed the signing of Swedish left-back Ludwig Augustinsson from Werder Bremen in a club statement.

Augustinsson spent four years in the Bundesliga, and will become the first Swede to ever play for Sevilla when he finally pulls on the white shirt. He began his career in Stockholm with IF Brommapojkarna in 2011, joining top-flight outfit IFK Goteborg two years later. He then headed to Denmark for a three-year stint with Copenhagen, before joining Bremen in the summer of 2017.

The defender made 115 appearances during his time there, coming close to ten thousand minutes on-field. He scored three goals for the club, even though he’s notched five for the Swedish national team in the 36 caps he’s earned. His international debut came in 2015, and since then he’s competed at the 2018 World Cup and Euro 2020. In fact, he played and scored against La Roja at La Cartuja this past summer for his country.[/article]

Rony Lopes - Olympiacos (loan)

How do they pull off these bargain transfers?

Saw bits of Montiel at the Copa America and Augustinsson at the Euro’s, 2 decent full backs Sevilla signed there.

Michy Batshuayi - Besiktas (loan)

[article]CHELSEA have revealed Michy Batshuayi has signed a contract extension at the club while completing his loan move to Besiktas.

The Belgian striker, 27, joined the Blues from Marseille on the back of a superb Euro 2016 but has failed to make the grade at Stamford Bridge.

Batshuayi had entered the final year of his contract and would have been available for nothing next summer.

But to avoid losing a player they spent £33million on five years ago, they have extended his contract with a view to selling him permanently down the line.

A club statement confirmed: "Michy Batshuayi has today extended his contract at Chelsea until 2023 and joined Besiktas on loan for the season.

"The Belgian forward heads to Vodafone Park for the remainder of this season, after passing a medical in Istanbul and signing the relevant paperwork."

Batshuayi will now embark upon his FIFTH loan spell away from the Blues.

The forward has been shipped off on loan to Borussia Dortmund, Valencia and Crystal Palace (twice) in recent seasons.

In all, Batshuayi has scored just eight times in 48 Premier League games for the Blues - with just THREE of those strikes coming since his debut season.

Batshuayi was spotted arriving at an Istanbul airport wearing a Besiktas scarf and waving to his new fans on Tuesday.

It had initially been thought the Belgian was joining the Super Lig club permanently.

But Chelsea have now confirmed it to be a loan deal.

Batshuayi's chances of featuring for Chelsea this term were slim following the arrival of compatriot Romelu Lukaku from Inter Milan in a £97.5million move last week.

But some Blues fans joked the club should keep Batshuayi instead of Lukaku after he scored FIVE times in a recent friendly against Weymouth.[/article]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom