• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Congrats to .......

vantage

Very Active
.....Wales.

Just beat the Ozzies.

They looked good 1st half against the All Blacks but faded terribly in the 2nd. I think the defending 6 Nations Champions will do well, but they have a habit of arsing it up when they are heavily fancied.

Nonetheless, I am as confident as I can be.

And double congrats to the All Blacks who stuffed England... That said, the Ref was appalling. Irish cu** ;D

Well in Wales. Watched it, and they were well worth their victory, with fantastic rugby at times. Thoroughly entertaining performance, and some real talent in the Welsh ranks.

Mr V- blaming the ref for England's indiscipline, ridiculous. You got humped again, and deserved nothing less.

[quote author=doctor_mac link=topic=29160.msg737063#msg737063 date=1227986331]
Well in Wales. Watched it, and they were well worth their victory, with fantastic rugby at times. Thoroughly entertaining performance, and some real talent in the Welsh ranks.

Mr V- blaming the ref for England's indiscipline, ridiculous. You got humped again, and deserved nothing less.
[/quote]

Hold your horses. Nobody's "blamed the ref" for England's own admitted inadequacies. The fact remains that he was gash.

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=29160.msg738366#msg738366 date=1228147833]
Show me the bit which says our performance was the ref's fault. My point stands.
[/quote]

Ok, in what way was Rolland 'gash'? I thought he handled the game very well and England were lucky to only have 4 in the bin. It was cynical and, more importantly, stupid play. Care for one was lucky to get away without 10 minutes enforced rest.
NZ saw how Rolland was refereeing the breakdown and adjusted accordingly after 15 mins. why didn't England? Perhaps because their game plan was to slow the ball up as much as possible in an attempt to keep the score down. When the ref picked up on this and started to ping them, England didn't have the nous to adjust their game plan. You can't blame a referee for stupid players and inexperienced coaches.
In the words of Mr Rolland himself (caught on mic speaking to Borthwick) "What are you doing?! You're killing yourselves!"

[quote author=bryndaloo link=topic=29160.msg738409#msg738409 date=1228150200]
[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=29160.msg738366#msg738366 date=1228147833]
Show me the bit which says our performance was the ref's fault. My point stands.
[/quote]

Ok, in what way was Rolland 'gash'? I thought he handled the game very well and England were lucky to only have 4 in the bin. It was cynical and, more importantly, stupid play. Care for one was lucky to get away without 10 minutes enforced rest.
NZ saw how Rolland was refereeing the breakdown and adjusted accordingly after 15 mins. why didn't England? Perhaps because their game plan was to slow the ball up as much as possible in an attempt to keep the score down. When the ref picked up on this and started to ping them, England didn't have the nous to adjust their game plan. You can't blame a referee for stupid players and inexperienced coaches.
In the words of Mr Rolland himself (caught on mic speaking to Borthwick) "What are you doing?! You're killing yourselves!"
[/quote]

Bryn 1-0 Judge Jules

The clue is in the statement "how Rolland was refereeing the breakdown". It's got - or should have - fuck all to do with how any given ref does that. Lots of other refs would not have blown up for the great majority of things Rolland pinged us for. Naive we may have been, but it shouldn't have mattered. I actually think he's a good ref normally, and there's no doubt the better side won anyway, but that was the Alain Rolland show out there and it was a piggin disgrace.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=29160.msg739501#msg739501 date=1228199593]
I hate French refs.
[/quote]

ha ha...

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=29160.msg739454#msg739454 date=1228184415]
The clue is in the statement "how Rolland was refereeing the breakdown". It's got - or should have - fuck all to do with how any given ref does that. Lots of other refs would not have blown up for the great majority of things Rolland pinged us for. Naive we may have been, but it shouldn't have mattered. I actually think he's a good ref normally, and there's no doubt the better side won anyway, but that was the Alain Rolland show out there and it was a piggin disgrace.
[/quote]

Ok.
Take me throught this step by step if you would be so kind.

Firstly, what did Rolland ping you for that 'lots of other refs' would not have?

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=29160.msg739454#msg739454 date=1228184415]
[/quote]

*scuffs the ball wide*

Cheap shots and cynical play = yellow cards. I didn't think England had much to complain about personally.

I can only assume you and other assorted Celts (including Rolland) saw a lot more of that going on than I did.

Then again, we're all biased one way or the other. Oh well.

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=29160.msg740271#msg740271 date=1228254883]
I can only assume you and other assorted Celts (including Rolland) saw a lot more of that going on than I did.

[/quote]

I didn't get to see all the game JJ but I don't think you can argue about the yellows to Lipman and Flood. I didn't see the other instances.

That said I thought Rolland let the All Blacks away with quite a bit at the ruck. There was one particular time where England had them one the ropes (might have been after Easter's break) where you had managed to get to the five metre line and the All Blacks had no numbers in defence. By hook and crook they managed to slow up the ball for about 20 seconds resulting in them being able to defend the next move which ended in a tackle on Sackey.

At that ruck a couple of All Blacks came in from the side and at least one of them should have been binned.

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=29160.msg740271#msg740271 date=1228254883]

[/quote]

Rees (i think it was him) might of been a little unlucky JJ but i honestly thought that the other 3 were well deserving of their yellows. I did think that the All Blacks got away with at least 1 certain yellow card, when Ritchie M was blatantly on the wrong side slowing the ball down when England were 10 meters from the try line.

I don't like this law about staying on your feet in the ruck (especially for the attacking sides). It must be nearly impossible to do this when you hit a ruck and the man you hit gives way. It just seems to penalize you for doing your job well.

Back
Top Bottom