• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Could Ribery and Benzema go down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Pistolero

Active
This charge carries a 3 year sentence. Anyone think they will actually go to prison?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jul/20/franck-ribery-charged-soliciting-underage-prostitute

The summer of shame engulfing French football reached a new low today as two players were charged with soliciting an underage prostitute.

Franck Ribéry, 27, a midfielder for Bayern Munich and part of the French international side that left the World Cup in ignominy, and Real Madrid's Karim Benzema, 22, face up to three years in prison and a fine of €45,000 (£37,600) if convicted.

Both men deny any wrongdoing. Benzema, 22, has said he is "unaffected'' by the allegations, which centre around a former sex worker, Zahia Dehar, who claims she was solicited separately by the players when she was 16. Ribéry, who is married and has two children, has admitted having sex with Dehar, but insists he was unaware of her age.

In France, although the legal age for consenting sex is 15, soliciting a prostitute who is under 18 is a crime.

The investigation into the sordid trade allegedly going on in the Zaman Cafe on the Champs Elysées was revealed in April when the late-night bar was raided by police and more than a dozen women were arrested.

Dehar, one of the women working there, told police she had been paid to have sex with several French soccer stars, including Ribéry, Benzema and Sidney Govou, another player for Les Bleus.

He is alleged to have called on Dehar's services in March, when she was above the legal age of consent. According to the testimony of Dehar and Ribéry, the former sex worker, who is now 18, never told her clients she was underage – a key factor in such cases.

Investigators from Paris's equivalent of the vice squad have been trying to establish whether or not, when he asked her to fly to Bavaria for his birthday celebrations in April, Ribéry bought Dehar's plane ticket. If he did, they argue, he would have known her date of birth.

Sophie Bottai, Ribéry's lawyer, told French radio that for her client to be found guilty "he would have had to know her age, which was not the case. She would have had to look like a minor, which was not the case. She would have to be claiming that she had told him she was a minor, which is not the case."

The saga, which was put on hold during the World Cup, has thrown a spotlight on France's younger generation of soccer stars who are struggling to inspire the respect which fans had for their predecessors.

Even before they jetted to South Africa, many of the players had shaken France's usually firm pride in Les Bleus with a combination of dispiriting performances on the pitch and unseemly and extravagant lifestyles off it.

When their 2010 bid for World Cup glory ended in defeat, mutiny and foul language, the sense of malaise was reinforced – and Nicolas Sarkozy summoned veteran Thierry Henry to explain himself. Henry – a member of the legendary squad which won the World Cup for France in 1998 – last week announced that he would never again play for Les Bleus.

Could be tempted

Zahia_Dehar_facebook.jpg

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=41065.msg1139381#msg1139381 date=1279662163]
Superb (the fact they could go down that is)
[/quote]

I was about to ask the picture or the story, I'm sure you meant just the story.

To be fair, that bird isn't typical paedo territory is it? You wouldn't be asking her to hang on and fetch a passport or other acceptable form of ID. I'm sure the judge will understand.

[quote author=crump link=topic=41065.msg1139385#msg1139385 date=1279662273]
To be fair, that bird isn't typical paedo territory is it? You wouldn't be asking her to hang on and fetch a passport or other acceptable form of ID. I'm sure the judge will understand.
[/quote]

Haha, It does concern me that it appears that she has no nipples though.

[/quote]The Graham Rix defence!!! 'Come on your honour, look at her!'

Could they not have waited until the pair had been sold to The Scum for a gazillion pound before charging them?

[quote author=Stulikesdrums link=topic=41065.msg1139393#msg1139393 date=1279663047]
[/quote]The Graham Rix defence!!! 'Come on your honour, look at her!'
[/quote]

Haha. Greatest football chant ever:

"If you tolerate Rix, then your children will be next"

[quote author=Redshrek link=topic=41065.msg1139375#msg1139375 date=1279661958]
Zahia_Dehar_facebook.jpg

[/quote]

I'd hit it even knowing Ribery had been in there first.

[/quote]

Although that is true of many young girls, I'm assuming this photo was not taken two / three years ago but is far more recent.

What a sad life... prozzie at the age of 15. Still, I suppose she's made a career out of it.

Is it me or the French seems to have a very anti islam thing going this year :eek:, next we are gonna find out Domenach has converted to Islam ;)

Rubans, if you're referring to banning the hijab, that's not anti-Islam at all. The French are simply drawing some boundaries for how far they're prepared to modify their own culture, which they've every right to do. There's nothing in the Koran which requires the wearing of the hijab anyway - that's a personal choice, not a formal religious requirement.

[quote author=rubans link=topic=41065.msg1139606#msg1139606 date=1279702357]
Is it me or the French seems to have a very anti islam thing going this year :eek:, next we are gonna find out Domenach has converted to Islam ;)
[/quote]

I think they banned the Burka ... And if that is 'anti-Islam', does that mean Egypt and Syria are too? :)

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jV_-6kvuvHLoKhskSm80Smyln5vAD9H253N80

http://www.haaretz.com/news/egypt-top-cleric-bans-veiled-women-from-muslim-schools-1.6599

They'll be spending their reserves of cash on a good lawyer and if they don't............... hmmmmmmm

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=41065.msg1139620#msg1139620 date=1279703336]
[quote author=rubans link=topic=41065.msg1139606#msg1139606 date=1279702357]
[/quote]

I think they banned the Burka ... And if that is 'anti-Islam', does that mean Egypt and Syria are too? :)

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jV_-6kvuvHLoKhskSm80Smyln5vAD9H253N80

http://www.haaretz.com/news/egypt-top-cleric-bans-veiled-women-from-muslim-schools-1.6599
[/quote]
Relax fellas, don't get your under age knickers in a twist, was just a question regarding some of the stores coming out France with this and the recent islam boys apparent bullying of Gourcuff and was meant as a joke, didn't realise you guys are a sensitive bunch ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom