• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Covid-19 & Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read about this.. and seen the movie..

Cure for cancer gone wrong

Human civilization will be wiped out and those immune restricted to safe zones

Those infected will all become zombie like, till Will Smith develops the antidote

With the above in mind we should sell the squad..

Imagine a Darkseeker Henderson.. Scary thought..

Will the parade* be cancelled? Need to book flights over for May 19th.
*I know parade will be cancelled if we are still in the cups.

So my trip to Japan has been postponed. On the positive front, I have a feeling we win the league that week.

They're going to cancel the league, aren't they? No public gatherings, lockdown. I can see it all now. So much for Brucie's piss– this curse is fucking massive.

Ha.
It was annoying that I had to go research the bollocks fake news from Rurik though, as if it was true I’d have been panicking and thinking about leaving Tokyo.

I think this was the article I've read. I was traveling in Taiwan at the time I read it, so was checking-out Taiwanese English-language media.
https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3876197

Back in NY now and frankly I'm starting to panic – the authorities here seem woefully unprepared for this. The tests cost over $3000 without insurance or $1400 with it and there are no plans to make them affordable, lots of people have no insurance or ability to pay for a doctor visit, unlike in Asia people here don't wear masks and some who tried doing so in public have been physically attacked, events and travel plans are being cancelled everywhere and a Christian anti-science fanatic named Mike Pence is somehow in charge of the government response. This could get very ugly.

Last edited:
So I got home from Italy the 14 feb. Turned sick imidiately and spent the weekend in fever. Called my doc on monday as I was returning to Italy on tuesday and he came out with a face mask for me before I could enter his building. I asked him for a declaration to use against the insurance company in case I couldn't travel back, which he advised me against. Not due to Corona virus but as I didn't feel to good the travel could be difficult.. He tested me for infections, but not the Corona specificly. I had a virus infection but decided to fly back. So I spent another 6 days there and returned. By that time it was chaos down there. And now people are in panic here with the emergency phone number braking down over people afraid of the Corona virus. So in 2 weeks everything turned upside down. From relaxed people smiling at Asian jokes to full panic. Amazing.

So I got home from Italy the 14 feb. Turned sick imidiately and spent the weekend in fever. Called my doc on monday as I was returning to Italy on tuesday and he came out with a face mask for me before I could enter his building. I asked him for a declaration to use against the insurance company in case I couldn't travel back, which he advised me against. Not due to Corona virus but as I didn't feel to good the travel could be difficult.. He tested me for infections, but not the Corona specificly. I had a virus infection but decided to fly back. So I spent another 6 days there and returned. By that time it was chaos down there. And now people are in panic here with the emergency phone number braking down over people afraid of the Corona virus. So in 2 weeks everything turned upside down. From relaxed people smiling at Asian jokes to full panic. Amazing.
You're a menace mate! Flying around in a germ transmission tube knowing that you might have the virus!

I think this was the article I've read. I was traveling in Taiwan at the time I read it, so was checking-out Taiwanese English-language media.
https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3876197

Back in NY now and frankly I'm starting to panic – the authorities here seem woefully unprepared for this. The tests cost over $3000 without insurance or $1400 with it and there are no plans to make them affordable, lots of people have no insurance or ability to pay for a doctor visit, unlike in Asia people here don't wear masks and some who tried doing so in public have been physically attacked, events and travel plans are being cancelled everywhere and a Christian anti-science fanatic named Mike Pence is somehow in charge of the government response. This could get very ugly.
No need for panic (though that is the usual human response in your average IQ person - though you clearly aren't of average IQ) !

85% of people who catch the virus show little to no symptoms and most pass it off as a cold/cough. Another 12% suffer stronger symptoms (e.g. flu-like.) and only 3% become critically ill (though with a likely 'actual' mortality rate, based on adding in those 85% who never report their symptoms, of below 1%).

And if you are below 60 and do not have any immune compromising illness then your chances of being unaffected, even if contracting it, soar.

Wearing a mask (which sooner or later the government will advise, even in the USA) and adhering to strong hygiene principles will greatly reduce the chance of contracting it. That said buy your masks and hand/home disinfectants now because prices are rocketing and stocks becoming limited in some places.

No need for panic (though that is the usual human response in your average IQ person - though you clearly aren't of average IQ) !

85% of people who catch the virus show little to no symptoms and most pass it off as a cold/cough. Another 12% suffer stronger symptoms (e.g. flu-like.) and only 3% become critically ill (though with a likely 'actual' mortality rate, based on adding in those 85% who never report their symptoms, of below 1%).

And if you are below 60 and do not have any immune compromising illness then your chances of being unaffected, even if contracting it, soar.

Wearing a mask (which sooner or later the government will advise, even in the USA) and adhering to strong hygiene principles will greatly reduce the chance of contracting it. That said buy your masks and hand/home disinfectants now because prices are rocketing and stocks becoming limited in some places.

We can sell Liverpool masks at Anfield prior to the games, think of the money we can make!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom