• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Covid-19 & Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have DAZN and Sky Sport, paying both at the moment for nothing. I pay monthly, is there anything I can do about that?

I'm pretty sure you can ring up Sky and cancel your Sky Sports subscription, or at least stop paying it, until they get live football back.

Must do that myself actually.

I'm pretty sure you can ring up Sky and cancel your Sky Sports subscription, or at least stop paying it, until they get live football back.

Must do that myself actually.

Im too lazy and then when everything is back to normal the hassle of getting everything running again . Another month or so ( hopefully ) wont kill me.

You can pause your Sky subscription online through your account. I've done it. you also get to keep the channels. Not that theres anything to watch.

That's how Keegan got his chance all those years ago in a practice match. Whichever first team player (I think it was Ian Ross) had the job of marking him just couldn't keep hold of him, so Shanks put Keegan in the first team against Forest the following Saturday and things followed from there.

Clubs are getting advances on their prize and broadcasting payments. No way they’d get that without the season being completed.

[article]
Premier League clubs are to receive an advance on prize money and media payments to help ease cashflow problems.

Since the suspension of football nearly four weeks ago, clubs at all levels have been confronted with a dramatic decline in revenue. The news that top-flight clubs are to receive a share of merit payments before the end of the season indicates even the top sides are facing financial pressures.

Prize money from the Premier League is broken down into tranches, including money based on final league position and the number of times each club appears on live TV. The league has brought forward some of that money, which would normally be paid in May.

The merit payments are to be based on the table as it stands. Facility fees will also be paid, based on a calculation as to likely TV appearances were the season to have continued.

A similar advance, in solidarity payments, was agreed with the EFL last week after an extraordinary meeting of Premier League shareholders. It is understood the advance in merit payments is only a percentage of what clubs could otherwise expect to receive, given the possibility of compensation being owed to broadcast companies should the season be voided.

The Premier League has had discussions with its broadcast partners, Sky and BT Sport, over outcomes depending on how the season is resolved. In the meantime broadcasters are being granted greater access to players and managers to help fill the void left in schedules.

Negotiations between top-flight clubs and their players over wage deferrals or reductions are continuing. The Premier League had hoped for a common agreement but discussions are now taking place on an individual club level with Southampton becoming the first to agree measures on Thursday after players accepted a 10% deferral on their pay.
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...rize-money-ease-cashflow-problems-coronavirus
[/article]

King Kenny has tested positively for it apparently. Heard that this morning.

Apparently The S*n chose the day Henderson's player fund for the NHS was launched to run a story about 'the millions' he is spending on his new house. They're as bad as ever.

Apparently The S*n chose the day Henderson's player fund for the NHS was launched to run a story about 'the millions' he is spending on his new house. They're as bad as ever.
According to sales & revenue they should be gone soon, but I can't help worrying that they'll prop it up simply to use as a Murdoch/right wing propaganda tool.

...or arguably even worse. There's something so utterly pathetic about this bit of simple juvenile pique.

If all the players are isolating as well as I am they will all be Ruddock-esque when we re-start and games will have to be no more than 20 mins each way with everyone taking a turn as goalie
There's a few types of people in this lockdown I reckon.

Those who are trying to replicate their normal lifestyle, diet & routine.

Those who are eating & drinking loads more & not exercising nearly as much.

Those who are eating & drinking loads more & also exercising loads more.

Those who are using it to eat much more healthily, have cut out drinking & are also exercising loads more.

Thankfully, the players are all made to wear the heart monitors almost constantly & GPS too, plus have food delivered, often cooked/ready to eat, so they're much less likely to fall into the first two categories! Unlike myself....

The players also have daily video training and yoga sessions. If you wanted to look at some of the offal Facebook or Instagram pages you can see what they’re up to.

According to sales & revenue they should be gone soon, but I can't help worrying that they'll prop it up simply to continue using it as a Murdoch/right wing propaganda tool.

Fixed

I'm sure as a propaganda outlet he'll be prepared to finance it as it's important for them to fill the herds brains with shit to stop us seeing what corrupt scumbags they are, and what their up to behind the scenes. It is however beginning to unravel for them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom