• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Covid-19 & Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't take long for Amiens to protest against their relegation.

I get the financial difficulties imposed when a club is relegated but why can't clubs understand they were in the relegation places when the season prematurely ended & thus if the season can't be continued for health concerns then they should go down.

Because they have the chance to stay up. I keep using boxing analogies and there is plenty of examples of boxers being behind on the cards only to end up winning.

Play out the season when it’s safe to do so and see what happens.

Because they have the chance to stay up. I keep using boxing analogies and there is plenty of examples of boxers being behind on the cards only to end up winning.

Play out the season when it’s safe to do so and see what happens.
In Boxing, 1 punch can turn a fight on it's head.

We've more than 3/4 into the season, 1 game wouldn't have changed anything for them.

I wouldv'e understood if you're in Villa's shoes where you have a game in came to survive.

If the season is deemed impossible to continue then IMO you have no chance to stay up.

Last edited:
Jesus fucking Christ.

If this would have happened a few years ago Leicester would have got relegated. The next season they won the league. Stop talking complete shit.

Jesus fucking Christ.

If this would have happened a few years ago Leicester would have got relegated. The next season they won the league. Stop talking complete shit.

Although you have a good point here, the fact is it didn't happen then and is happening now.

End of the day a decision has to be made and not everyone will be able to accept it.

In France, Lyon & Amiens taking matters in their own hands.
In Netherlands, Cambuur saying it's the biggest disgrace in dutch football.

In Boxing, 1 punch can turn a fight on it's head.

We've more than 3/4 into the season, 1 game wouldn't have changed anything for them.

I wouldv'e understood if you're in Villa's shoes where you have a game in came to survive.

If the season is deemed impossible to continue then IMO you have no chance to stay up.

One game can change a lot. Start of a good run of results can save a season. Why the rush to cancel this season. Come November we may get another peak and lockdown. Should we just cancel that season too?

One game can change a lot. Start of a good run of results can save a season. Why the rush to cancel this season. Come November we may get another peak and lockdown. Should we just cancel that season too?

I want this season to finish behind closed doors, couldn't give a monkey when next season starts.

The number of the spread across Europe has gone down significantly & I don't see why all leagues can't finish their season by end of June.

The bottom 6 clubs pushing for null and void should be relegated as they don't want to be part of the competition. Promote 6 clubs from the Championship.
Problem solved (with a few lawsuits to deal with).

I found myself agreeing with most of what Rick Parry (chairman of EFL) said which is,

If we can play rest of season behind closed doors > Broadcasters get their money > EPL get their money > EPL then say they will be able to help fund EFL clubs > No one can argue over champs/relegation after 38 games played.

He goes on: "In all the conversations we have had with the Premier League, we expect three clubs to be relegated. There would be outrage in the Championship. It would be a breach of the agreement between ourselves and the FA."

Everyone's happy?

3 clubs absolutely have to go down and 3 clubs must come up, that's 100% set it stone.

I really don't see why there is even a debate. Football is halted until safe to resume then we pick up where it left off.
Can't even vaguely see the problem with this approach.

Ian Ayre agrees. Mind you, he's transformed himself into Captain Birdseye.

1_ayre1.jpg

In principle there isn't a problem. Those trying to suggest otherwise are either people or organisations who would stand to benefit if the season were voided (mainly those who would get relegated and/or miss out on loadsamoney) OR scopers like Harry Kane who can barely think through the right way round to sit on the lavvy, never mind what to do about this.

Harry Kane's thought process has probably led him to arrive at the conclusion that, seeing as this virus is likely to be around for maybe another season or two, we should void this season, postpone the 20/21 and 21/22 seasons, because there will still be dangers then, and jump straight to the 2022/23 season, where it will be safe, and then, after playing that, revert back to the 2020/21 season when the 2021/22 season was scheduled, because by then there'll probably be a vaccine and it won't be such a problem.

Whoever does that will be banned in minutes. I love lurking on their so I won’t risk it.

Four Premier League club doctors have expressed reservations about the Project Restart proposal, ahead of Monday's crucial meeting between shareholders.

I wonder if there's any chance that those doctors work for clubs maybe like Norwich, West Ham, Villa, Bournemouth, something like that?

English clubs meeting on Monday requires 14 out of 20 clubs to agree to neutral grounds proposal with relegation on the table.

If 7 or more reject the proposal, Richard Bevan says it's highly likely the season will be cancelled.

No word whether he means null and void, or how they would sort it out.

I've given up on football now. The only reason I'm going back to anfield is to meet my mates for pints and occasionally throw bottles at a bus. The hot takes over what should happen with this season have finished it for me. I'm glad. It's fucking stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom