• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Cruyff, Rijkaard, van Basten & Dolberg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kay Age El

Well-Known
..all managed to score on their debut for Ajax.

18-year-old prodigy Kasper Dolberg equalized for the home team when Ajax only managed to get a 1-1 draw out of their first encounter in the ChL qualifier against PAOK.

I have only seen him in action a couple of times before at youth level so it's not like I'm in a position to make too many bold, rosy predictions about him yet, but he looked really dangerous throughout last night and apart from the well-taken goal he constantly made himself available and got in to a lot of great positions while showing great control, intelligence on the ball and skill. There was something about him, and that 'something' has been commented upon in the past by his recent manager in Frank de Boer:
  • He's made a really great first impression for one who's on a training camp for the first time. He's not one that constantly catches the eye but everything he does he does well. More or less all of his balls gets through and he makes everything look rather easy. He acts like he was 28 not 18, he told Voetball International.

• He's pretty big, he's pretty strong and he's got an amazing shot, he said on a different occasion.
Been compared in style to Patrick Kluivert.

The debut goal from last night:

It's very early days and we shouldn't be in for him just yet, that wouldn't make any sense, but I'll keep track of him and keep you posted. He might be one for the future.

Last edited:
..all managed to score on their debut for Ajax.

18-year-old prodigy Kasper Dolberg equalized for the home team when Ajax only managed to get a 1-1 draw out of their first encounter in the ChL qualifier against PAOK.

I have only seen him in action a couple of times before at youth level so it's not like I'm in a position to make too many bold, rosy predictions about him yet, but he looked really dangerous throughout last night and apart from the well-taken goal he constantly made himself available and got in to a lot of great positions while showing great control, intelligence on the ball and skill. There was something about him, and that 'something' has been commented upon in the past by his recent manager in Frank de Boer:
  • He's made a really great first impression for one who's on a training camp for the first time. He's not one that constantly catches the eye but everything he does he does well. More or less all of his balls gets through and he makes everything look rather easy. He acts like he was 28 not 18, he told Voetball International.

• He's pretty big, he's pretty strong and he's got an amazing shot, he said on a different occasion.
He's been compared in style to Patrick Kluivert.

His goal from last night:

It's very early days and we shouldn't be in for him just yet, that wouldn't make any sense, but I'll keep track of him and keep you posted. He might be on for the future.

Is he a striker or midfielder?

Bonus info: The scout who spotted Dolberg in Danish club Silkeborg is one John Steen Olsen, now 73, whom also spotted Zlatan, Eriksen and Fischer (and many more from the Scandinavian area) and he was recently awarded with a life-time position in the club as an honorary scout for Ajax. He can work for them as long as want too and watch whatever games he decide when it suits him. When he calls then Ajax listens.

He also spotted Martin Ødegaard when he was still only 13-year-old and then invited him to Ajax but they never heard from him again after a short trial there.

He says that Zlatan is the greatest talent he has ever laid eyes on btw. Hopefully he doesn't show too much of that talent this Season mind..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom