• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Dan wants to leave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modo

A contentious scando
According to the mirror...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpools-daniel-sturridge-ready-spark-9259048

Quoted fee is £28m.

Not sure if it's a smart move to let him go in January, but it doesn't surprise me at all.

We also know that Mané is going to play for Senegal in January so Sturridge needs to be around.
But if a substantial offer comes from a top team and Sturridge causes a fuss, we might just sell in Jan.

Well you guys know the papers and the writers in England better than me. Is it all bull or not?

I put this story under Jan Rumours as the story may be twaddle. Anyway if it is true £40m plus, as Studge is 20+ a season striker when he is fit.

I'm nonplussed about him going in Jan IF we got a great fee for him AND we had already bought another striker. If it's not those two, then no chance thank you.
I think in the current market he's worth as much as Sterling was.

Load of made up bollocks again - what a surprise it's from a Red Top.

As if we'd let him go in January when Mane is away for most of the month. As if Studge would want to go in January knowing there's a potential PL Champions medal on the line.

Daniel Sturridge has just turned 27 years old, is an England international and has scored 57 goals for Liverpool.

Daniel Sturridge is not going to be joining Stoke City.

I'm sure he's tempted by the idea of leaving but my guess is he's not yet set on it. He acknowledged when he signed for us that this was effectively his last chance at a big club and he'll know that it's now unlikely he'll be bought by a club which he or anyone else would consider bigger than LFC.

Sturridge's career has been horribly ruined by injury. If he had stayed fit, he'd have well over 100 goals for us already, and be in the £80m bracket.

That hasn't happened, but now he IS fit, he must be intensely frustrated that he doesn't appear to be the first choice striker at Liverpool.

A fit and on-form Sturridge is way too good to be on the bench at Liverpool at 27 years of age. So if that doesn't change, he will ask for a transfer.

But the issue for him is that the number of clubs that would fit his quality, ambition, asking price and wage demands is not large, and that's even before his injury record comes into it.

Sturridge's career has been horribly ruined by injury. If he had stayed fit, he'd have well over 100 goals for us already, and be in the £80m bracket.

That hasn't happened, but now he IS fit, he must be intensely frustrated that he doesn't appear to be the first choice striker at Liverpool.

A fit and on-form Sturridge is way too good to be on the bench at Liverpool at 27 years of age. So if that doesn't change, he will ask for a transfer.

But the issue for him is that the number of clubs that would fit his quality, ambition, asking price and wage demands is not large, and that's even before his injury record comes into it.
Klopp has acknowledged that Sturridge is best striker he has but plays Firmino upfront because more chances are created with him. If you play Studge who do you loose?

If we're still top of the league or damn close, with a chance at at least one cup final & haven't gone & bought another striker who will be ahead of him in the pecking order I highly doubt he'd want to leave in those circumstances.

He'd have mane being away to give him a chance & be one injury away from a starring role in a side that could be doing something very special. Leaving to go to any club outside of the top four would make no sense at all.

Still think he'd push for a move if a big team goes after him.
If Arsene feels like Sturridge would be the perfect match for Walcott and Sanchez, he'd go.
Man C, Man U, Chelsea, Spurs are not an option imo.
The only big team in England that can almost guarantee him a starting role would be Arsenal.

If Arsene feels like Sturridge would be the perfect match for Walcott and Sanchez, he'd go.
The only big team in England that can almost guarantee him a starting role would be Arsenal.

Yeah, that seems about right, unless personnel changes at any of those clubs in summer.

Unless there's another oligarch or oli-rich Arab regime that buys another Premiership club and pours a billion quid into it.

He might have to move abroad, but either way, his options are not vast.

Kanes replacement when he fucks off to join Mourinho?

Harry Kane wants his salary tripled. Or something.

Lots more money anyway. At the very least he wants to be the best paid player at spurs, which at the moment is Loris, I think.

Harry Kane wants his salary tripled. Or something.

Lots more money anyway. At the very least he wants to be the best paid player at spurs, which at the moment is Loris, I think.

Loads of rumors that Sissoko is the best paid player at Spurs. I think Arsene would love Sturridge.

Spurs have a 100k week salary cap appaz. Which makes contract talks with Lloris and Kane a bit difficult atm.

Spurs have a 100k week salary cap appaz. Which makes contract talks with Lloris and Kane a bit difficult atm.

It's admirable in many ways, but unless everyone else follows the rules, it's just too easy for a rival club to offer a 50% increase or whatever.

That said, they don't seem to lose too many players in that way. Although that may be because not enough richer or less "wage sensitive" clubs want them.

EDIT: actually they do lose quite a few....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom