• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

De-Ligt-ful

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nomad

Very Well-Known
Highly-rated Ajax captain Matthijs de Ligt has suggested he’s open to a potential transfer to Liverpool so he can link-up with and “learn from” international team-mate Virgil van Dijk.

The 19-year-old has already established himself as the 33-time Dutch Eredivisie champions’ captain and is one-half of Ronald Koeman’s first-choice Netherlands centre-back partnership alongside Van Dijk.

Speaking in a video for Goal, De Ligt seemed very open to leaving his homeland for a new opportunity at the end of the season and Anfield appears to be a possible destination.

Virgil [van Dijk] who has experience in the top leagues. Of course, you would want to learn from him. It’s very helpful playing alongside him in the Dutch team. It could happen [joining him at Liverpool]. He plays for Liverpool, a good club, but I’m not focused on them. I focus on Ajax, and then I’ll see where I end up.

21-year-old midfielder Frenkie de Jong has already secured a £65million move to Barcelona in the summer and it’s widely expected that the La Liga champions-elect will move for his team-mate De Ligt too.
Both players starred in Tuesday night’s remarkable 4-1 victory at the Bernabeu, knocking Barcelona’s biggest rivals and holders Real Madrid out of the Champions League 5-3 on aggregate.

With Dejan Lovren missing so much of the 2018-19 campaign through injury, you’ve got to wonder whether Reds boss Jurgen Klopp will be ready to pull the plug on what would be a huge deal

Last edited:
Spending £70m on a defender, when this season has shown we need a creative AM, RB, LB and striker would not make sense unless we had £200m to spend

We need to improve on Lovren and 50p head. So if he’s available why not? We do still need a forward, creative midfielder and left back.

I'm not at all convinced we'll get more than one big player this summer. Not with the amount of cash we've spent on increased contracts/salaries.

He's a very smart player too. Conserves more energy than an old centre back while staying switched on for 90 mins.

Let's look at who we can get rid off and reduce the wage bill

Sturridge
Lovren
Milner
Moreno
Origi
Matip
Wilson?? If he doesn't fit our system we can easily get £30m for him
Ryan Kent
Ejario
Ojo
Karius
Kane
Bogdan
Clyne

There's plenty of fat to trim off the wage bill and hopefully Bournemouth will spank a few million our way for any of the above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom