• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

De-Ligt-ful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use your loaf, lads. How many players, when seriously faced with interest from Barcelona and Real, have turned them down and stayed with clubs like us?

I'm hearing from various people that de light has it to be the best defender in the world, he has that much potential! But if we had a choice of spending big on de ligt or on an expensive but we'll sought after striker like Frankfurt player Luka jovic who would you rather go for?

I'm hearing from various people that de light has it to be the best defender in the world, he has that much potential! But if we had a choice of spending big on de ligt or on an expensive but we'll sought after striker like Frankfurt player Luka jovic who would you rather go for?
My personal preference? de Ligt. We have Brewster who could make the grade if he has a clear run at the first team. I'm not saying he will. But he could.

Story in the Daily Mail saying some Barca guy is in Amsterdam to tie up a deal for him. Surprised (if true) they didn't just do it at the same time as signing De Jong

Hopefully Virgil's been in his ear trying to get him to sign for us. Then when it goes t!ts up for him there we come steaming in at a vastly reduced fee.

Yeah, de Ligt was at fault for one of the goals. No doubt that he's a great talent and will be a fantastic centre back, but will we pay that amount of money when we have Gomez there who looked like the perfect fit next to Virgil.

We do, and I rate the guy big time (I already did before he started to look so impressive alongside Virgil) but his injury status will continue to be a worry and, if he's out for a long time again at some point, I'm not convinced Lovren and/or Matip are good enough to be more than short-term replacements. Tricky one.

Yeah, in an ideal world Gomez would be back and stay fit for the next five years at least. He looked absolutely awesome with VVD before this latest set back. I think we would be about five points clear if he'd stayed fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom