• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Depression

Was reading through this thread again from start to finish. How is everyone doing?

For anyone suffering from depression or anxiety, I would recommend looking at whether CBD may be a treatment option for you. My wife has been using it for a while now and the effects have been quite profound. Happy to go into more detail via PM if anyone is interested.

For anyone suffering from depression or anxiety, I would recommend looking at whether CBD may be a treatment option for you. My wife has been using it for a while now and the effects have been quite profound. Happy to go into more detail via PM if anyone is interested.

CBD has done wonders for my anxiety, insomnia, and back pain.

I've been off the booze for more than a month now, which is the longest in forever, and being sober is definitely helping me to keep the darkness at bay.
CBD has helped enormously during the weaning off period.

How is she taking it?

Mixed bag

Certain things won't change, however some things can.

Going the doctors tomorrow to see if prozac is the answer over my current combination of meds.

Starting a new job in a few weeks, so thats gets me away from the headfuck that is caring for dying people with the same condition as my daughter.

I go from feeling great to feeling shite in a moment. More often than not its numbness though.

The numbness is what kills. The clouded visage of what you're feeling. How can you verbalise how you're feeling when there aren't words?

I'm not suicidal for the minute though, so that's a plus

I don't know you or your circumstances particularly buy my mother-in-law works in palliative care as a nurse and I always say, and think, it's the most admirable and under appreciated job anyone could ever do.

Just wanted to say that.

Last edited:
sorry to hear that @Fabio - if there's anything I can say here to make you smile, or feel better, let me know.
Otherwise, all I can say is we're (the site) with you and all the others going through these difficult times.

Mixed bag

Certain things won't change, however some things can.

Going the doctors tomorrow to see if prozac is the answer over my current combination of meds.

Starting a new job in a few weeks, so thats gets me away from the headfuck that is caring for dying people with the same condition as my daughter.

I go from feeling great to feeling shite in a moment. More often than not its numbness though.

The numbness is what kills. The clouded visage of what you're feeling. How can you verbalise how you're feeling when there aren't words?

I'm not suicidal for the minute though, so that's a plus
It's the kind of thing I can't press the like button on obv, but hope everything's as good as it can be dude x

I’ve just read most of this thread and quite a few of us have been thru / are suffering with depression. I was signed off work at the start of May after my wife dragged me kicking and screaming (and crying) to the doctors.

I’m not too bad at the moment but I’ve got my first CBT session in a few weeks (with Talk Liverpool). Has anyone been to one of these? What can I expect ?

I’ve just read most of this thread and quite a few of us have been thru / are suffering with depression. I was signed off work at the start of May after my wife dragged me kicking and screaming (and crying) to the doctors.

I’m not too bad at the moment but I’ve got my first CBT session in a few weeks (with Talk Liverpool). Has anyone been to one of these? What can I expect ?

I've done CBT mate.

It's tailored to some degree for everyone, I ended up using lists to plan my days & give them some structure, & note when I did tasks.

Seems basic as fuck, but when I had little to no motivation I found it actually worked, I still use it now on occasion. It's not a cure all by any means, & required some willpower, but worked well.

It'll probably be different for you, as I said, they tailor it, but what it isn't is anything like what you've seen on us shows where you pour your heart out to a counsellor or psychariast.

Needless to say, if you need to talk or just go for a pint & not talk about anything important, or whatever, you've got my number.

CBT was genuinely amazing for me. Just the ability to get all the shite out my head, and have someone repeat what I'd just said in a much clearer way, was enough to get me on the path to feeling good again

So it's been awhile...and fair to say there's been some shit going on for everyone.

How's y'all doing?

Checking in to see where people are at, and if there's anything we as a community can do to help.

I’ve never seen this thread before, thanks for this.
means a lot right now to me..so true that we never know what is going on in peoples lives..

football is a great distraction and distraction helps somewhat…
thanks to ya all for that

I’ve never seen this thread before, thanks for this.
means a lot right now to me..so true that we never know what is going on in peoples lives..

football is a great distraction and distraction helps somewhat…
thanks to ya all for that

I think if nothing else, it shows us that - no matter how much we think we are - we're never alone.

There's always someone out there that knows how you're feeling and (kinda) what you're going through. And maybe they can help...even if it's just being that friendly ear that's willing to listen

My teenage daughter is in a bad way with depression, and it has been such a tough time. It has also been incredibly tough getting her any kind of counselling.

I'd fucking hate to be a teenager nowadays.

I mean, all the embarrassing shit I did is already burned onto the harddrive in my mind in super HD, but imagine if it was on the internet as well...mortifying.

Sorry to hear that dude - it can be especially hard on the outside looking in, feeling helpless to do anything whilst someone you love is tearing themselves apart...and the support available for mental health stuff is just horrible at the moment.

Wishing you and yours the best

I mean, all the embarrassing shit I did is already burned onto the harddrive in my mind in super HD, but imagine if it was on the internet as well...mortifying.

Sorry to hear that dude - it can be especially hard on the outside looking in, feeling helpless to do anything whilst someone you love is tearing themselves apart...and the support available for mental health stuff is just horrible at the moment.

Cheers mate, we'll get through it.

There was a long article in the Atlantic about how this current generation of American teenagers is by far the saddest ever.

It's a major problem I think. I know it's a cliche at this point, but social media in particular must be a pretty evil influence.

Cheers mate, we'll get through it.

I hope so mate.

If it was your teenage son I'd offer to have a chat and share some of my experiences and the little that I've learnt over the years, but I'm acutely aware of the creepy aspect of a middle-aged man from the internet offering to talk to your teenage daughter...

There was a long article in the Atlantic about how this current generation of American teenagers is by far the saddest ever.

It's a major problem I think. I know it's a cliche at this point, but social media in particular must be a pretty evil influence.

I think it can't be discounted, when we were kids at least the bullying stopped once you went home, but now it's impossible to escape...

But equally, if we think about all the shit that the youth of today have experienced - 9/11 and the ensuing paranoia, the global financial crisis, the pandemic, the increasing likelihood that - unless they have suitably affluent relatives (dead or otherwise) they'll probably struggle to afford to get onto the property ladder, the all-pervasive culture wars, and a future to look forward to that includes a climate crisis...

I'd fucking hate to be young these days

I think it can't be discounted, when we were kids at least the bullying stopped once you went home, but now it's impossible to escape...

But equally, if we think about all the shit that the youth of today have experienced - 9/11 and the ensuing paranoia, the global financial crisis, the pandemic, the increasing likelihood that - unless they have suitably affluent relatives (dead or otherwise) they'll probably struggle to afford to get onto the property ladder, the all-pervasive culture wars, and a future to look forward to that includes a climate crisis...

I'd fucking hate to be young these days

The article touched on most of that, and I think they're all valid concerns.

I don't really share the sense of gloom though. I think there are lots of good things happening, e.g. increasingly valid solutions to the climate problem, advances in anti aging technology etc. But if you're young and daft, and spend countless hours looking at Instagram "stars", then yeah it must be pretty heavy.

My teenage daughter is in a bad way with depression, and it has been such a tough time. It has also been incredibly tough getting her any kind of counselling.
Hey Doc, sorry to hear that. if you’re still struggling to access assessment or talk therapy for her send me a message and I’ll look into local / regional / online options for you or might be able to advise some routes that aren’t so well advertised or help with access to services etc.

Rest assured, I wouldn’t recommend any service / approach / anyone I don’t have complete confidence in.

The article touched on most of that, and I think they're all valid concerns.

I don't really share the sense of gloom though. I think there are lots of good things happening, e.g. increasingly valid solutions to the climate problem, advances in anti aging technology etc. But if you're young and daft, and spend countless hours looking at Instagram "stars", then yeah it must be pretty heavy.

I'm quite the 'doomer' these days...

It was always obvious that with our stubborn refusal to take meaningful action, the climate situation was going to get pretty ugly - but I thought it would be the next generation or the one after that would have to deal with it.

Now it's looking increasingly likely that things will start to collapse in our lifetimes...maybe as early as 2040?

Back
Top Bottom