• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Divegate

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only the Saudis added him to their hitlist along with that journalist

What the actual fuck is with the "chance to score" thing? How can he just presume a striker has "no chance," and when did that suddenly become a standard for awarding a foul?

Wow.

The club should employ MrBoywunder to produce a video of all the times Salah stayed on his feet in the box when fouled, and all the penalty shouts that should have gone in his favour.

b8c9c3dce6ec59337f91a75c6c7b7a35--the-rules-like-a-boss.jpg

No fucks given.

Disagreed with a bundle of posts in the other thread re Salah, he did fall easily especially considering I've seen him stay up on what looked like more robust challenges.

Having said that, have you ever fallen backwards Clattenburg, how on earth are you supposed to put your hands out to break your fall?
Your arms come out to the side, but you will hit the floor ass first.

Loads bad been made of this, in a way Salah stays on his feet or tumbles back is all good on the other hand is just more column inches and air time to fill.

Disagreed with a bundle of posts in the other thread re Salah, he did fall easily especially considering I've seen him stay up on what looked like more robust challenges.

Having said that, have you ever fallen backwards Clattenburg, how on earth are you supposed to put your hands out to break your fall?
Your arms come out to the side, but you will hit the floor ass first.

Loads bad been made of this, in a way Salah stays on his feet or tumbles back is all good on the other hand is just more column inches and air time to fill.
To be fair Salah's hands were in the air when he fell forwards against Arsenal

Last edited:
Milner is our penalty taker. Salah gave the ball to Frim against Arse.

He couldn't be more wrong, the fucking prick.

I don't think that's fair. Some of these might have been more wrong :

Spurs, on 2 May 2016, needed to beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge to be in with a chance of pipping Leicester City to the Premier League title, and Clattenburg, speaking to NBC’s Men in Blazers podcast, has claimed he “allowed them [Spurs] to self-destruct so all the media, all the people in the world went: ‘Tottenham lost the title.'”

Or :

In October 2014, Clattenburg was suspended for a week after the referee body discovered he had travelled alone to West Bromwich Albion’s 2-2 draw with Crystal Palace, so that he could return in time for an Ed Sheeran concert at the Metro Radio Arena later that night. Ruling by the Professional Game Match Officials Limited states that officials must travel to and from the ground together for integrity and security. He was also accused, following the conclusion of that same fixture, of phoning Palace manager Neil Warnock while in his car – a clear breach of Premier League rules.

Just because Mongy Kane's first thought is the golden boot and he's willing to bend the rules/sacrifice his daughter to achieve it doesn't mean Salah thinks the same way. In fact, as Woland has already pointed out, he's wrong.

And there's clear contact from Sakho on his shoulder and on his leg. He throws himself to the floor and it's not a penalty, but it's not diving/simulation. They're giving him the Suarez treatment.

Media always likes to make a a Pantomime villain.

When there is nothing else interesting their default mode is to turn on a non-white player and try to label him a cheat.

We have been here before...

This will never become a story for instance..

We even had some arguing here that this wasn't a dive..

All this attention on Salah is to put some shame on his character. At no point in the last game did he claim it was a penalty; for a small guy like him in comparison to the defenders he has to deal with - if you touch him when he is moving at pace then he is bound to lose his balance. Also - given that Milner was on the pitch - then he would not have taken the penalty anyway.

To be quite honest this whole diving thing is targeted mostly at foreign players black/white - but for English players I think black players get treated more harshly on this matter. Earlier in the season - it was Zaha who was targeted, even though he was getting hacked like an animal by some opposing players. Sorry if this post upsets some, but I honestly don't understand this soft penalty business - if you are a defender and you do something to put a player off balance then that player will most likely go down.

Note the VVD on Lamela Dive is something I have not seen before - where he actually dives in front of the player and ball - you just have to laugh at it, it is like art that.

The way it seemed to me, just prior to hitting the deck Salah took a pretty good kick. He didn’t immediately react to what I thought was a foul. It seemed like to me he then realized he wasn’t likely to go anywhere useful and decided to go down. I think it was a delayed reaction from the original foul. It didn’t look good though.

The way it seemed to me, just prior to hitting the deck Salah took a pretty good kick. He didn’t immediately react to what I thought was a foul. It seemed like to me he then realized he wasn’t likely to go anywhere useful and decided to go down. I think it was a delayed reaction from the original foul. It didn’t look good though.
Looked great to me. Also he was in the middle being crowded out and knee up behind him from sakho lost his balance and fell. All looks like a dive in slow motion but in real time it looks pretty normal to me. Also when he went down he was trying to kick the ball to Milner in amongst all those bodies around him..so he was effectively still playing and not trying to fool the ref.

Looked great to me. Also he was in the middle being crowded out and knee up behind him from sakho lost his balance and fell. All looks like a dive in slow motion but in real time it looks pretty normal to me. Also when he went down he was trying to kick the ball to Milner in amongst all those bodies around him..so he was effectively still playing and not trying to fool the ref.

I don’t think it’s anything sinister on his part. As I said I feel he was initially fouled and kept playing anyhow. It just turned out to look a little divey in the end.

I think people are just desperate for him to have a “bad” side because he’s one of the best players the league has ever seen and he’s a nice guy to boot.

I don’t think it’s anything sinister on his part. As I said I feel he was initially fouled and kept playing anyhow. It just turned out to look a little divey in the end.

I think people are just desperate for him to have a “bad” side because he’s one of the best players the league has ever seen and he’s a nice guy to boot.
Don’t look at the kick. Look at the pull on his shoulder. He went down easily but that’s what he reacted to.

Whilst that wasn’t a dive it still cheating. He could’ve told the officials he wasn’t touched and just had a spazzy foot that kicked the ground.

But he didn’t. And he’s a cunt.

We need to just make sure it is Bobby or Sadio who in the next penalty to take the heat off..

Whiles it’s strange that Salah has won four penalties in a few weeks, it seems like everyone has forgotten that we hadn’t had a penalty at home since about 1896 before that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom