• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Do Newcastle ambitions inspire concern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that’ll certainly guarantee them success. A team full of cokeheads, alcoholics, gamblers and skint has-beens. What a transfer strategy!
Said nothing about has-beens. And Robbie Fowler was take Coke when he was no choice at Liverpool. George Best was a alcoholic throughout his Manchester Utd career, And those are just two off the top of my head. I am sure that they are many more...

And what has gambling got to do with how a player performs...??

The point that I am making is saying that no matter how grim a place Newcastle is players will got to those clubs for the money they can make especially if there is a habit to feed

You are under-estimating them as both a club and the new ownership. You have these arab emirate owners who compete in buliding tall buildings, now they compete with thier football clubs. Newcastle are actually in a better position than City before they had their first take over.

And you’re overestimating.

None of them have actually run a football club before.

And the difference between the sort of points Newcastle have managed over the last few seasons is minimally better than the points City were achieving pre Thaksin Shinawatra.

5 years from when he took over till they won a league, 4 after the Abu Dahbi take over and the City squad was better than the current Newcastle squad.

There are other factors you could point to in the initial years of City’s rise - declining Liverpool & Arsenal teams, less teams with financial clout to be competitive and the bar for success has been set significantly higher over the last few seasons that there is no margin for error.

Forget net spend - because it’s irrelevant to Newcastle’s position - but Klopp has spent £500m in his time adding to a team that has finished outside the top 6 about 5 times in the last 30 odd years.

I don’t think Newcastle’s journey to “the top” is going to be anywhere as smooth as people think it is.

Also - who are they going to buy from and who isn’t going to try to fleece them - they might end up strengthening some other teams by paying inflated fees.

Hopefully we can fleece them since we can’t fleece Barca any more.

It comes down to money and history. I can’t any valid reasons top players wouldn’t go there. City and Chelsea have proven that signing for a stupidly rich team almost guarantees success. What a player doesn’t want that? They get big signings early doors. And keep building. The amount of money they have is insane. If Rodgers does take the job he’ll have them competitive very early.
I also don’t buy the idea that they have a shit squad at all but I guess the next 8 months will decide if that that assertion is incorrect.

Balls Dreamie - there’s no one in that Newcastle squad,o ther than Saint-Maximin, that’s of any note to a top team.

Chelsea could offer London... and City could pretend they were Utd.

Newcastle has a smaller population than Belfast. There are more people living in Newcastle in NSW.

Money will talk for some - but Newcastle is only going to be attractive when they start winning things to many players.

Again - they’ll need to attract the right players - not just whoever they can throw their money at.

Better them than us though right? Could you be arsed watching your team buy success and accumulate the worst type of fans in the process?

Maybe it’d be fun for a year or two then it’s empty hollow nothingness.

Better them than us though right? Could you be arsed watching your team buy success and accumulate the worst type of fans in the process?

Maybe it’d be fun for a year or two then it’s empty hollow nothingness.
Nah we’d square it off in heads as the majority of city fans have.

Balls Dreamie - there’s no one in that Newcastle squad,o ther than Saint-Maximin, that’s of any note to a top team.

Chelsea could offer London... and City could pretend they were Utd.

Newcastle has a smaller population than Belfast. There are more people living in Newcastle in NSW.

Money will talk for some - but Newcastle is only going to be attractive when they start winning things to many players.

Again - they’ll need to attract the right players - not just whoever they can throw their money at.
I’d take the following in a heartbeat

Lascelles
Lewis (we bid for him)
Fraser (we also looked at)
Almiron
Willock
Wilson
Maximin

Their keeper is top class too but we are covered there.

It comes down to money and history. I can’t any valid reasons top players wouldn’t go there. City and Chelsea have proven that signing for a stupidly rich team almost guarantees success. What a player doesn’t want that?

What made you move to Australia?

Lascelles
Lewis (we bid for him)
Almiron
Willock
Wilson
Maximin

Only St Maximin is close to getting in our team. Isn’t Lewis that one from Norwich we didn’t get but got the Greek? Lewis has been abysmal for them if I’ve got the right player.

What made you move to Australia?

Only St Maximin is close to getting in our team. Isn’t Lewis that one from Norwich we didn’t get but got the Greek? Lewis has been abysmal for them if I’ve got the right player.
One of a handful of countries I hasn’t visited.

Lascelles
Lewis (we bid for him)
Almiron
Willock
Wilson
Maximin

Given the players we already have I wouldn't take any of them apart from Maximan and that's a punt.

Assuming that was in answer to the question about why you moved to Aus, and putting aside the woeful grammar, you must have really big hands if there is only a handful of the 195 countries in the world you haven't been to.
I used to travel a lot for work pre Australia but I should have said ‘oh the countries I wanted to see’ last time I counted I had been to over 100.
Lucky for me border police stop you for drugs not bad grammar!

Which are the others that have escaped your grasp?

I'm guessing there wasn't much travelling going on the past 2 years
Zero :(
Surprisingly considered I’ve been down here for 13 years I haven’t been to New Zealand. Another on the list is Columbia. Irish people were banned when I was travelling every other week. All around it but not there.

You wouldn’t take Willock!!!
Well, he was on fire end of last season but surprisingly quiet this season. Arsenal fans weren't too upset about letting him go. Opinion seems to be that he was good at scoring the odd goal... and not much else (though of course he is still very young)

If he were cheap, I would consider.

Zero :(
Surprisingly considered I’ve been down here for 13 years I haven’t been to New Zealand. Another on the list is Columbia. Irish people were banned when I was travelling every other week. All around it but not there.

Have you been around Southeast Asia / East Asia?

Lascelles
Lewis (we bid for him)
Almiron
Willock
Wilson
Maximin

Liverpool FC Dreamie.

Not Glasgow Celtic...

Chelsea changed most of their starting 11 in two summers and then had that 95 point season with Jose.
Can anyone see that realistically happening here? Maybe not win the league, but be challenging in as little as two summers replacing most the team?
How long can a sponsorship contract be?
Aramco £2 billion over X amount of years?

No, as there is a big difference between moving to London and Newcastle. I think it is as simple as that.

Mourinho was a bit a a surprise entity to the premier league in 2004/2005. His football style and approach took a lot by surprise. Can't see anyone repeating that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom