• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Do you trust Klopp?

Prefix for Poll Threads

Can we challenge for the title with out any new signings?

• Yes

Votes: 37 86.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 14.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebell

Well-Known
We have the money, but Klopp believes further playet additions are not needed as much as people think

We have the money, but Klopp believes further playet additions are not needed as much as people think
I absolutely trust Klopp. Doesn't mean that I agree with every decision he makes. Like the thing about converting Lallana to a DM or even keeping him around which is baffling. Another gripe is that it took him a while to understand that we needed a "Fabinho".
But for every baffling decision he makes, he probably makes about three times as many genius decisions so, we're good.
What I've learned about Klopp is that he's all about playing the long game. His patience is almost annoying, but he almost always gets it right.

We're definitely in good hands. If I could trust Benitez fully, I can damn sure trust Klopp now.

Do you really think if the club told him we had money to burn, that he’d refuse any signings?
As much credit as FSG have had for the improvement of the commercial side, club structure and big changes to the infrastructure, they’ve spent pretty much fuck all since Klopp’s been in charge. Where are we at right now? 30-40M net in 4 seasons?
He’s saying what any good spokesman would be saying. And yes, you’d have to be a nutcase not to trust Klopp.

I trust Klopp to buy the right players, and improve the players that he does buy. BUT, unless they're pissing about trying to get good prices on players, I don't think he's doing the smartest thing this summer by standing still. Even if Lallana, Ox, Keita play more this year, we're still short at LB and forwards. I trust him when he does buy players, but I don't trust he's doing the right thing if he doesn't add some quality depth to that bench.

The bench would look like:

Mongolet
Clyne
Lovren
Gomez
Keita
Milner
Lallana
Ox
Shaq
Origi
Brewster

I'm not sure about it, I think we're only 1 or 2 short though.

I think people are totally misreading the Lallana thing.

He used him and Gini there 3 Seasons ago, which baffled most of us, but because of the way we play, he's always liked that player who can turn the play quickly from deep, when under pressure and with little space. It doesn't equate to him being an understudy for the DM role, it means Klopp is again recognising where he can use a player's best talents, adapting him to a different role.

He doesn't get much wrong, and when he reinvents players, it's usually with some rationale and good effect.

I do trust Klopp. But new signings bring new ideas & new tactics and sides can always adapt to play against the same old same old.

Fucking hell blue, not gonna respond to your poll. First manager in years that feels the pulse of the fans and team, and you ask do we trust him ? Yes bit worried no signings but totally agree on not getting a front man as I think Brewster will be good enough for us. Just worried about the creative aspect of midfield that is all but OX will be back and we yet to see the best of Keita. So I cannot even argue for what I want against Klopps reasoning if he does not want a fancy signing.
As for Lallana, not worried about him, I expect him to play no more than 5 games for us if that. The rest of the games he will probably be injured.

Of course we all trust klopp. But what’s to stop city getting 100 points again. And they have freshened up thier squad. It would be disappointing if we didn’t build on the champions league win, with a signing or 2

I have given this thread some thought over a couple of (very) large G & Ts sitting in a bar in Lires, Gallicia Spain. Should Jurgen be buying players just for the sake of spending to keep fans quite? Consider the notion that players he would like to buy might not be availabe at this point in time.

Very disappointing to see such a shit question on the thread list of this forum. Thoroughly embarrassing.

I think people are over reacting. He surely means in relation to the squad depth issue and is not questioning general Klopps abilities.

Anyway, I don't we think have a huge amount of cash available to him so that has an impact. However I also think we forget the versatility of this squad when discussing squad depth. We've got many adaptable players who can play multiple positions and a very resiliant defence and forward line.

There appears to be some very promissing players in the positions we're short in (full backs and forward), who could really develop this year and save us in future signings. Klopps is second to none in integrating players successfully into his first team. If Klopp thinks they're ready then I'm not going to doubt him.

I trust Klopp and the squad although I think we are still one short up top. If we dont sign a forward then its down to luck with injuries and careful fatigue management.

Say Mane and Firmino both get injured and are both sidelined for 2-3 months, will we still have enough? Probably not.

Having said that who knows, Origi will be brimming with confidence and may maintain the impact he had. Maybe Brewster will turn out to be the one up top i think we are missing.

I think people are totally misreading the Lallana thing.

He used him and Gini there 3 Seasons ago, which baffled most of us, but because of the way we play, he's always liked that player who can turn the play quickly from deep, when under pressure and with little space. It doesn't equate to him being an understudy for the DM role, it means Klopp is again recognising where he can use a player's best talents, adapting him to a different role.

He doesn't get much wrong, and when he reinvents players, it's usually with some rationale and good effect.

The problem is Lallana is shite, can't stay fit for a considerable period of time and should've been binned 2 years ago.

What I've learned about Klopp is that he's all about playing the long game. His patience is almost annoying, but he almost always gets it right.

I reckon you could learn a thing or two from Klopp. Patience is and always has been a virtue, especially more so in today's global fast food culture of insta-fixes and bite-sized tweets.

Could do you a world of good mate and save you from all the foolish mess you always seem to get yourself into.

Last edited:
I reckon you could learn a thing or two from Klopp. Patience is and always has been a virtue, especially more so in today's global fast food culture of insta-fixes and bite-sized tweets.

Could do you a world of good mate and save you from all the foolish mess you always seem to get yourself into.
Maybe you're right

It was what got Andy Dufresne, the man who crawled through 500 yards of shit and came out clean the other end, his freedom. So you know it's proven and it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom