• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Do you want Everton to get relegated.

Prefix for Poll Threads

DO you want Everton to get Relegated?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Milk and Kebabs

Has an enormous
Ok, they're in a relegation fight at the moment, I don't really think they will go down though.

But would you want them relegated?

Would you miss the derbies and the banter, etc.

Personally, as long as theyre below us, I don't mind seeing Everton do well. It's good to see good Northern teams being successful (as long as it's not United, and as long as other teams are not above us).

All that said, yes, I think it would be funny for Everton to get relegated for a season, but I'd want them back after a year so we can have the derby again.

Not fussed.
I felt bad for Silva against Leicester ... He's not a jackass, like Big Sam or an arrogant cunt who's the most amazing winner, like Moyes.

Not particularly. They are pretty much irrelevant now and I'm sure we've all got blue-nose mates who would be hurting.

I don't know the direct impact it will have on the city so it's not for me to say, but the way they celebrated getting a point from us last season pissed me off

I don't know the direct impact it will have on the city so it's not for me to say,

Oh the city would do best from two thriving teams bringing in outside money and competing in Europe each year... No doubt it would be a small impact against the income of the city for Everton to drop a level.

Now, there would probably be a small benefit to our team though. Kids growing up without a solidified fan identity in the city are more likely going to pick Liverpool over Everton if Everton are not in the top flight and thus we get a year's worth of fans stolen from our blue rivals.

It would be funny, but ultimately I don't think would want it.

I remember back to that season in the late 90s when they came so close to relegation. I was cheering the prospect on all the way; but when they went 2-0 down (I think) against Wimbledon on the final day I started to feel really bad about it and started rooting for them to pull it back. Of course, once they got it to 3-2 I started supporting Wimbledon again for the shits & giggles ...

Even more astonishing is that have spent over half a billion pounds in 5 years, yet are now in the relegation zone

[xtable=border:1|cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0]
{colgroup}
{col=169x@}{/col}{col=100x@}{/col}{col=100x@}{/col}{col=100x@}{/col}{col=100x@}{/col}{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Net Spend last 5 Years{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Purchased Gross{/td}
{td}Sold{/td}
{td}Nett{/td}
{td}Per Season{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}1{/td}
{td}Manchester City{/td}
{td}£818.5 M{/td}
{td}£312.9 M{/td}
{td}£505.6 M{/td}
{td}£101.1 M{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2{/td}
{td}Manchester United{/td}
{td}£611.1 M{/td}
{td}£232.2 M{/td}
{td}£378.9 M{/td}
{td}£75.8 M{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}4{/td}
{td}Chelsea{/td}
{td}£656.9 M{/td}
{td}£523.6 M{/td}
{td}£133.2 M{/td}
{td}£26.6 M{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}3{/td}
{td}Everton{/td}
{td}£536.5 M{/td}
{td}£261.5 M{/td}
{td}£275.0 M{/td}
{td}£55.0 M{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}5{/td}
{td}Arsenal{/td}
{td}£443.1 M{/td}
{td}£194.2 M{/td}
{td}£249.0 M{/td}
{td}£49.8 M{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}6{/td}
{td}Brighton & Hove Albion{/td}
{td}£212.0 M{/td}
{td}£14.6 M{/td}
{td}£197.4 M{/td}
{td}£39.5 M{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}7{/td}
{td}Liverpool{/td}
{td}£470.9 M{/td}
{td}£378.5 M{/td}
{td}£92.4 M{/td}
{td}£18.5 M{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}8{/td}
{td}AFC Bournemouth{/td}
{td}£204.1 M{/td}
{td}£70.7 M{/td}
{td}£133.4 M{/td}
{td}£26.7 M{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}9{/td}
{td}West Ham{/td}
{td}£308.1 M{/td}
{td}£152.4 M{/td}
{td}£155.7 M{/td}
{td}£31.1 M{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}14{/td}
{td}Wolverhampton Wanderers{/td}
{td}£269.4 M{/td}
{td}£84.7 M{/td}
{td}£184.8 M{/td}
{td}£37.0 M{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}10{/td}
{td}Leicester{/td}
{td}£381.4 M{/td}
{td}£268.8 M{/td}
{td}£112.6 M{/td}
{td}£22.5 M{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}11{/td}
{td}Crystal Palace{/td}
{td}£161.5 M{/td}
{td}£105.3 M{/td}
{td}£56.2 M{/td}
{td}£11.2 M{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}15{/td}
{td}Watford{/td}
{td}£204.0 M{/td}
{td}£108.8 M{/td}
{td}£95.2 M{/td}
{td}£19.0 M{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}12{/td}
{td}Newcastle United{/td}
{td}£273.6 M{/td}
{td}£166.2 M{/td}
{td}£107.5 M{/td}
{td}£21.5 M{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}15{/td}
{td}Aston Villa{/td}
{td}£276.2 M{/td}
{td}£78.1 M{/td}
{td}£198.1 M{/td}
{td}£39.6 M{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}16{/td}
{td}Burnley{/td}
{td}£126.6 M{/td}
{td}£74.1 M{/td}
{td}£52.5 M{/td}
{td}£10.5 M{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}17{/td}
{td}Tottenham{/td}
{td}£322.3 M{/td}
{td}£227.7 M{/td}
{td}£94.6 M{/td}
{td}£18.9 M{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}18{/td}
{td}Sheffield United{/td}
{td}£55.0 M{/td}
{td}£14.7 M{/td}
{td}£40.3 M{/td}
{td}£08.1 M{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}19{/td}
{td}Southampton{/td}
{td}£240.4 M{/td}
{td}£243.2 M{/td}
{td}-£02.8 M{/td}
{td}-£00.6 M{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}20{/td}
{td}Norwich City{/td}
{td}£65.2 M{/td}
{td}£112.0 M{/td}
{td}-£46.8 M{/td}
{td}-£09.4 M{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Last edited:
Every team has made transfer fuck-ups, but Everton seem to have done nothing but transfer fuck-ups since they've actually had money to spend.

They played a derby last night with Dominic Calvert-Lewin in attack. Since selling Lukaku they have done exactly nothing to replace him, and have squandered huge amounts on terrible players all over the pitch.

And then there's Sigurdsson: £45m. Bolaise: £25m. Schneiderlin: £20m. Davey Klaasen: £25m. Keane: £30m. Tosun: £24m

The list goes on and on and on. Brands was supposed to stop all this, but then last summer yet another obvious, desperate purchase that the selling club (and fans) couldn't believe, Alex Iwobi: £35m.

Shambolic.

Like the OP, I'm not arsed about Everton as long as we're doing better. I've got loads of mates who are Evertonians, and I don't wish abject misery upon them.

But fuck it, I'd love to see them go down. It would be fucking hilarious.

Unfortunately, I think there are much worse teams and they'll be fine. But any team that consistently starts Calvert-Lewin and Tom "the new Gerrard" Davies deserves everything they get.

I've always wanted them to stay up, dunno why, but anyways it's gone. I really want them to get relegated. I think it's the whole chippy tits thing that's swung it for me

Not whilst we're this dominant. Beating them twice a year is more fun than seeing them relegated. It's also better for the city that they're in the Premier League.

I would still laugh a lot if they went down. The ideal scenario is they finish 16th every year but continue having their aspirations of being a European side.

Stolen from the WhatsApp message there Woland ;)

I used to be in the no, just let them suffer as also rans camp. Not any more. Things like that video above and the fact that around 75% of the fuckers are so deluded and bitter. Fuck them. Give them one season in the championship and that will give us bragging rights for the next 100 years.

that will give us bragging rights for the next 100 years.

100 years is a long time in football.

100 years ago, 1919/1920 season, the top two teams in the land were WBA and Burnley... And Tottenham wasn't even a top division team.

Of course, Liverpool finished well ahead of Everton even back then... But no guarantee on us being in the top flight 100 years from now. A generation in football is about 10 years... That's 10 generations of players away.

Even more astonishing is that have spent over half a billion pounds in 5 years, yet are now in the relegation zone

A symptom of being behind. United used to brag about how little they spent on transfers compared to us in Fergies latter years...

... Well yeah, they already had a good team they didn't need to spend. (Also, they never took into account that United's wages at the time was so much more... We were actually spending less than them still).

Right now Liverpool isn't spending much compared to some of our rivals because we have the right players. Everton has not had the right players so they're having to spend like crazy to catch up with us... And everyone else.

Arent they the longest serving team in the top division?

Maybe a relegation would be a good thing to knock their only record off its fucking perch

Ok, they're in a relegation fight at the moment, I don't really think they will go down though.

But would you want them relegated?

Would you miss the derbies and the banter, etc.

Personally, as long as theyre below us, I don't mind seeing Everton do well. It's good to see good Northern teams being successful (as long as it's not United, and as long as other teams are not above us).

All that said, yes, I think it would be funny for Everton to get relegated for a season, but I'd want them back after a year so we can have the derby again.

For me you say it all...;)

Dear Everton Fans,

I have been a Liverpool supporter since my I drew my first breath and I have been following my team home and abroad for fifty plus years now.

I have been involved in plenty of banter with your side of the Park and there have been some great days for both clubs during this period.

We have shared some momentous occasions and who could forget the day the whole of Wembley sung “ Merseyside “

We have also both shared the most enormous of grief together and I have never been so proud to come from this City as when we stood together proudly through those dark days.

The fortunes of both clubs are on different ends of the scale at the moment and I was disappointed to see you drop into the bottom 3. After the game I was appalled to hear fellow Liverpool Fans saying “ Imagine if we win the league and Everton go down on the same day.

I would hate this to happen because I genuinely hope and pray that these two things happen on separate days so we can have TWO massive Parties you Bitter Bluenose Bastards !!!!

#Sean #lfc

Robbed from FB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom