• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Do you want Everton to get relegated.

Prefix for Poll Threads

DO you want Everton to get Relegated?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with Everton is that they have a large bunch of 30 year olds occupying key positions. 30 isn't old, but it's definitely not something to build on, it's just too short term.
Walcott
Sigurdson
Coleman
Schneiderlin
Delph

All of the above are 30+ and past their prime.
If I was Ancelotti I'd build the new team on the following players:
Richarlison
Keane
Kean
Calvert-Lewin
Digne
Yerry Mina

Marcel Brands hasn't really delivered either?

Jonas Lossl
Andre Gomes
Fabian Delph
Jean-Philippe Gbamin
Moise Kean
Alex Iwobi
Richarlison (or should he be considered Silva's signing)
Lucas Digne
Yerry Mina
Bernard

He's been stealing a living. Lets hope he continues in the same way for Ancelotti

The problem with Everton is that they have a large bunch of 30 year olds occupying key positions. 30 isn't old, but it's definitely not something to build on, it's just too short term.
Walcott
Sigurdson
Coleman
Schneiderlin
Delph

All of the above are 30+ and past their prime.
If I was Ancelotti I'd build the new team on the following players:
Richarlison
Keane
Kean
Calvert-Lewin
Digne
Yerry Mina

Keane, Kean, Calvert-Lewin, Mina - all shite

Yes, he's actually a perfect Everton player, and he's one that it will always be unpleasant to face. He's skilful, cheaty, has an eye for goal and has a very nasty attitude. Like Tim Cahill for a new era.

Largely agree, but Cahill was a lot more consistent. In addition to the "qualities" you list, Richarlison's a distinctly streaky player. At a club like ours he could eventually fulfil his potential, as Mane (originally a similarly hot-and-cold player) is doing. With the blueslime Richarlison will never do so.

Tim Cahill was vastly overrated, and even some Bitters admit it. He scored quite a few goals for a player in his position, but if he didn't score, he didn't contribute anything in midfield at all.

Much like Sigurdsson.

I'm still amazed that Ancelotti to Everton is actually a reality.

£€$¥ makes things happen apparently. Rafa took the Newcastle spot after teams like us and Madrid.

Everton can't really do much worse than they are with the squad they have. Ancelotti will look like a genius if he gets Everton into upper mid table, which, quite honestly they should already be with a semi competent manager.

They've been a graveyard club for so long now, I wonder whether even Ancelotti can lift them out of their misery. Biased though I certainly am, I can't help wondering whether it would actually help them long-term to go down and have to dynorod the whole operation.

There "big" signings have generally been a waste of money Lukaku aside. Siggurdson was never a 50 million player and more a complimentary player than a match winner. The guts of 50 million to Arsenal for Walcott and Iwobi is insane. Arsenal would be laughing if they hadn't pissed away that cash plus change on Pepe.

I reckon old Carlo is using Everton rumours as a smokescreen to force a big club to move for him. Anytime now it'll be announced...

How gutted must Carlo be that even Arsenal didn't want him that badly, and they're fucking shite.

They must be hoping that Arteta is a mini-Pep, and will succeed despite having an awful team an no money. I doubt even Guardiola himself, or even Klopp, could turn Arsenal into title-challengers right now.

Two desperate clubs making desperate decisions and hoping they pay off

How gutted must Carlo be that even Arsenal didn't want him that badly, and they're fucking shite.

They must be hoping that Arteta is a mini-Pep, and will succeed despite having an awful team an no money. I doubt even Guardiola himself, or even Klopp, could turn Arsenal into title-challengers right now.

The thing is, Pep depends on players who will run themselves ragged for 90 minutes, showing supreme discipline throughout. I can't imagine a set of attributes less fitted to that Arsenal team.

The thing is, Pep depends on players who will run themselves ragged for 90 minutes, showing supreme discipline throughout. I can't imagine a set of attributes less fitted to that Arsenal team.
I know , most of them cannot even run, especially the 70M signing.

It looks like both will be making a mistake with their appointments, which is only symptomatic of their overall lack of direction. One club is betting on a rookie manager to walk into one of the most difficult situations imaginable, trying to turn around, lift and rebuild a high-profile club mid-season, where any mistake could have long-term consequences. The other is getting a famously good-natured and trusting foreign manager into a heat of a relegation battle, just as it’s been shown that what their players were missing until now was a bit of passion. I’m not saying either will be a complete disaster, but I just don’t see the logic.

Last edited:
Tbh I can't see Ancelotti being anything but a success for Everton.

They've got the money, and the big-gish name players. They don't need a budget fighter type.

I think he can be their Mourinho

It looks like both will be making a mistake with their appointments, which is only symptomatic of their overall lack of direction. One club is betting on a rookie manager to walk into one of the most difficult situations imaginable, trying to turn around, lift and rebuild a club mid-season, where any mistake could have long-term consequences. The other is getting a famously good-natured and trusting foreign manager into a heat of a relegation battle, just as it’s been shown that what their players were missing was a bit of passion. I’m not saying either will be a complete disaster, but I just don’t see the logic.
This is spot on, in Evertons case something tells me that those players will not react well to the Italian. I think Duncan is getting them to really play for him right now, like I have never seen them play like that.

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced Ancelotti is in this only for the money. He is using Moshiri and Moshiri looks every bit like a rich fool willing pay whatever it takes to bring a "big name" – but doesn't have a semblance of a plan to take advantage of the world-class coaching talent he's hiring. They would need an early-Abramovich type of investment over the next several windows in a row to bring the squad anywhere near the level of talent Ancelotti usually gets to work with.

Let's see: Ancelotti coached Nesta, Cafu and Maldini, now his best defender is Michael Keane. He relied on the cutting edge from the likes of Ronaldo, Neymar, Shevchenko and Drogba – now if he accepts this job his "strikeforce" will be Calvert-Lewin, Cenk Tosun and Oumar Nyasse. His midfielders included Pirlo, Zidane, Seedorf, Rivaldo and Kaka – now he'll be coaching Tom Davis and Schneiderlin. His last line of defense will be Jordan "T-Rex" Pickford, which is a bit different to having Casillas, Cech or Neuer bailing you out when the tactics fail. I mean, fucking hell – can there be any more of a contrast? Did the Neapolitan mafia kidnap his family or something to make him this desperate for money?

Sadly for Everton fans, Abramovich-style investment spree won't happen because even if Moshiri could cough up the funds for a major rebuild (while simultaneously funding the new stadium), Everton will be severely hamstrung by the FFP rules as their matchday income is limited by the small stadium and the commercial potential is far below the likes of Chelsea or PSG. They don't seem to have a lot of good young players to fall on without dipping into the transfer market and their transfer policy of recent years has been mostly spending too much money on mediocre players who will not be easy to shift without a huge loss. So tell me, really, how is this going to work?

Last edited:
Tbh I can't see Ancelotti being anything but a success for Everton.

They've got the money, and the big-gish name players. They don't need a budget fighter type.

I think he can be their Mourinho
Yep. He's going to do well there and with the league as tight as it is he could well get them into the Top 8. There's only 8 points between them and 5th with 21 games to go !

He'll only be there 1-2 seasons at most (as per his last 5-6 clubs) and bring a little stability.

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced Ancelotti is in this only for the money. He is using Moshiri and Moshiri looks every bit like a rich fool willing pay whatever it takes to bring a "big name" – but doesn't have a semblance of a plan to take advantage of the world-class coaching talent he's hiring. They would need an early-Abramovich type of investment over the next several windows in a row to bring the squad anywhere near the level of talent Ancelotti usually gets to work with.

Let's see: Ancelotti coached Nesta, Cafu and Maldini, now his best defender is Michael Keane. He relied on the cutting edge from the likes of Ronaldo, Neymar, Shevchenko and Drogba – now if he accepts this job his "strikeforce" will be Calvert-Lewin, Cenk Tosun and Oumar Nyasse. His midfielders included Pirlo, Zidane, Seedorf, Rivaldo and Kaka – now he'll be coaching Tom Davis and Schneiderlin. His last line of defense will be Jordan "T-Rex" Pickford, which is a bit different to having Casillas, Cech or Neuer bailing you out when the tactics fail. I mean, fucking hell – can there be any more of a contrast? Did the Neapolitan mafia kidnap his family or something to make him this desperate for money?

Sadly for Everton fans, Abramovich-style investment spree won't happen because even if Moshiri could cough up the funds for a major rebuild (while simultaneously funding the new stadium), Everton will be severely hamstrung by the FFP rules as their matchday income is limited by the small stadium and the commercial potential is far below the likes of Chelsea or PSG. They don't seem to have a lot of good young players to fall on without dipping into the transfer market and their transfer policy of recent years has been mostly spending too much money on mediocre players who will not be easy to shift without a huge loss. So tell me, really, how is this going to work?

Valid points.

But I read somewhere that he is bringing his son as his assistant, so it might be he uses Everton to coach his son into being a manager and give him experience on high level.

Ancelotti seems like a nice fella.
He has worked with the best, won a lot, but I wonder how this is going to work out.

I think it's telling that one of the reasons he wasnt chosen for our job was he came in wanting to discuss budget. Reports on his discussions with Everton also included notes that he wanted assurances on transfer budget.

Obviously these reports are often full of crap but this is the image painted of him. God bless him if he runs Everton astray of FFP and takes them nowhere good.

I'd say it is natural to ask what resources you will have to work with, in view of expectations from the board and current quality of the squad.
It's only making sure you are in the best position to meet the expectations.

I'd say it is natural to ask what resources you will have to work with, in view of expectations from the board and current quality of the squad.
It's only making sure you are in the best position to meet the expectations.

Sure, but contrast with the scene painted of either Klopp or Rodgers impressing Liverpool/Celtic/Leicester boards with portfolios and plans. Even if it's just journalistic caricarture, this is the image he is projecting.

Sure, but contrast with the scene painted of either Klopp or Rodgers impressing Liverpool/Celtic/Leicester boards with portfolios and plans. Even if it's just journalistic caricarture, this is the image he is projecting.

We don't know what Klopp asked in private. I mean, that side can also just be PR games to create an image, even on behalf of the owners who might want to control and manage expectations in spending.

I think it's telling that one of the reasons he wasnt chosen for our job was he came in wanting to discuss budget. Reports on his discussions with Everton also included notes that he wanted assurances on transfer budget.
I think that's pretty reasonable though. I would assume every manager would want to know how much he's got to work with (and so whether that works with the ideas he may have).

Ancelotti strikes me as a straight forward guy. You tell him the budget, he tells you what he can do. Usually he delivers. He doesn't really need to impress anyone.

Although I do think he would have been the best choice for Arsenal, and Arteta is what Everton need. Ah well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom