• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Down the rabbit hole...

Ukrainian by marriage

Very Active
it's a worldwide conspiracy, isn't it...

Hi, John asked me to make this post. He has been rushing around packing money, weapons, milk chocolate, and 200 fags, charging electronic gizmos, and the chaffeur is revving the Ferrari as I type. He says he may get in touch, if a secure message transmission system can be advised. I wouldn't bet on it if I were you ....

It is really warming that after #19 was finalised on Thursday while the lads were sitting on their arses drinking beer, no couple of Kopites could have a conversation with each other descend into name calling, calling 'conspiracy theorist', or exploiting each other's good will. Though the six '?' in your opening sentence did have me worried for a while. And I realise you know WTF? is not an argument and were being ironic. Anyhow, normally I'd be dreading needing to respond but feel that at this time in history no real issue can arise. :)

Really... so why have enormous swathes of the entire world basically spent months shutting down and social distancing? That's right... it's a worldwide conspiracy, isn't it...

Of course not. The very idea. Who could think it ?

House arrest.

Severe curtailment of travel.

No effective free or balanced speech, barring HItchens (!) in the Sunday Mail and some excellent websites e.g. www.off-guardian.org www.lockdownsceptics.org

How foolish of me to believe it wasn't!! And there is no science behind social distancing?? Ermm... if people release microscopic droplets of Virus in their breathe when they are talking or, I don't know say even more when they are singing loudly say... perhaps if they were further away from you or they were wearing a mask that might limit your chances of breathing it in??

Cool you put the virus with a capital letter. I've just resisted posting my tin-foil-hat Freud/Jung interpretations of that coz it would be boring.

I dunno... but if you want to debate it, or pose your question, to field-leading experts in virology, acute medicine, general practice, NHS management, epidemiology, statistics, mathematicians, and yes, even modelers, either of the above websites is perfect.

I dunno... I'm just guessing... when are we getting told about this reset thing again?

We are all just guessing, Grasshopper. :) He is wise indeed who never posts after 1am in the morning without first disabling his ':)' key. Apologies about the 'Reset' - I heard it is what the Davros (?) group use/used when discussing such things.

Looks a little bit like them Scientists don't have a clue eh...

Perhaps we should have a system of government where one profession or trade, aided and abetted by a couple of others, gets to tyrannize everyone for 3 months ? Each one in turn like ? Whatever the objective, the use of trauma-based mind control is unacceptable. Our biggest issue short/medium term is to help those currently living in a paralysed world of fear.

You didn't suggest I was "putting the economy above lives", which is a common accusation elsewhere. Ta. A moment's thought tells us that the economy feeds and clothes kids, their parents, and grandparents, and allows us to shelter from the elements.

Personally, I believe it is our politicians who do not have a clue. A la lanterne.