• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Eduardo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilko7

Very Active
Straight to hospital after eight minutes of treatment on the field following a bad challenge from Martin Taylor. Apparently it's horrific.

Was just about to create a thread.. Horrendus challenge and it looks like he'll be missing Euro 2008 with Croatia..

Poor fella..

abild_549674w.jpg

That's absolutely sickening. In fairness,Taylor looks like he simply missed the ball. A harsh sending off regardless of the outcome of the challenge.

[quote author=Wilko7 link=topic=20999.msg499732#msg499732 date=1203785285]
That's absolutely sickening. In fairness,Taylor looks like he simply missed the ball. A harsh sending off regardless of the outcome of the challenge.
[/quote]

wwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He broke the guys leg, the outcome deserves the sending off

[/quote]

Yeah that was reading of it too actually, I dont think he meant any malice.

That's a horrific break though, it truly is, I hope they can save his foot, never mind the lad playing again.

[quote author=cochyn link=topic=20999.msg499754#msg499754 date=1203786078]
wwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He broke the guys leg, the outcome deserves the sending off
[/quote]

Bollocks.

So if a player goes into a fair tackle, 50/50 ball & partly hits another player whose leg breaks, it's a straight red?

That's shite.

[quote author='Dave' link=topic=20999.msg499637#msg499637 date=1203782562]
1203771798_spt_ai_birmingham_arsenal_02.jpg

[/quote]

[/quote]
Sorry can't agree purely on the basis of that photo, studs showing and high.

Obviously the only way to really know is see a video of it, but Taylor didn't really argue when he got sent off either.

I just hope the lad still has a career.

Oh, hadnt seen that photo Dave posted.

That looks like it's meant.

Christ, a career? Looking at the other photo I hope the lad still has a foot.

[quote author=Hamaan link=topic=20999.msg499776#msg499776 date=1203786619]
Taylor is a foot and a half over the fucking ball.
[/quote]

it was a terrible tackle, though i honestly believe unintentional.

arsene wenger, that twat, telling the media he deserves a lifetime ban is going way overboard as usual (bentender's tackle at everton was horrible, and eboue's last week were just as 'malicious')

horific challenge but I see this all the time in the premiership so it's not surprising it will go horribly wrong from time to time

they really need to get rid of these challenges, i'd hope Taylor gets an 8 game ban or something

I want to see a proper video of the challenge, it looks nasty, LTWs vid shows it as a normal tackle, a bit inconclusive.

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=20999.msg499777#msg499777 date=1203786741]
[quote author=Hamaan link=topic=20999.msg499776#msg499776 date=1203786619]
Taylor is a foot and a half over the fucking ball.
[/quote]

it was a terrible tackle, though i honestly believe unintentional.

arsene wenger, that twat, telling the media he deserves a lifetime ban is going way overboard as usual (bentender's tackle at everton was horrible, and eboue's last week were just as 'malicious')
[/quote]

His reaction is understandable, his player has had his leg near enough severed off so I wouldnt call his reaction overboard at all. It might not have been intentional but he has gove over the ball and that's what can hapen if you do.

There are medical people who have seen the place of the break and are saying that there is a very very good chance that is it for him. :-(

I don't think it was intentional and calls for a lifetime ban are embarrassing.

As said, it's not uncommon to see such challenges, so it's always going to go badly wrong at some point - unfortunately for Eduardo and Taylor.

jumped in showing studs.

Thats a red card whether you get the ball or you get the leg or you miss everything.

This is the reason these challenges are banned.

The stills of this incident leave me feeling nauseated. I can understand why Schmeichel turfed up on the pitch at the sight of Busst.

[quote author=Ijg link=topic=20999.msg499903#msg499903 date=1203798131]
Slightly better video of the incident...

http://www.footytube.com/2008/02/23/arsenal-v-birmingham-eduardo-injury/
[/quote]

Taylor is a grade A cunt, after watching that I completely empathise with Wenger's comments. I think it was Samual of the times who said that although diving is a pain in the but a reckless tackle can finish off a career. The FA need to come down hard on Taylor and McLeish needs to shut the fuck up and stop defending the indefencible.

One of the comments on that link above:

"thst tackle was pretty painfull but didnt reallyu deserve a red it was more of a yellow cause he went for the ball but it wasnt his fault eduardo was 1 step ahead."

[quote author=red_maradona link=topic=20999.msg499930#msg499930 date=1203802429]

[/quote]

Taylor is a grade A cunt, after watching that I completely empathise with Wenger's comments. I think it was Samual of the times who said that although diving is a pain in the but a reckless tackle can finish off a career. The FA need to come down hard on Taylor and McLeish needs to shut the fuck up and stop defending the indefencible.
[/quote]

WHAT?!?!?

Do you think Taylor did that on purpose? So you'd probably have asked for Jay McElvey to be banned for life too for his 'malicious' play against Djibs? Perhaps that's a bad example but the point is made. Football is a tough game and these horrific injuries are sometimes a part of the game ... Taylor got the red, which was justified and will be banned for 3 games, but a lifetime ban? Wenger can fuck off ... He didn't cry much when Eboue tried to circumcise Nani last week or when Niklas Bentender went in with two feet twice last week ...

that's fucking sick... I understand why Wenger would ask for a lifetime ban and to be fair if it happened to Torres, most of us would be baying for Taylor's blood as well.

They should ban the offending player for the same amount of time his victim is out for, for stupid, bad tackles like this. I don't know about intent, cos photos don't reflect the speed of the game, but jumping in with studs showing are fucking dangerous and now Eduardo's paying for that part of the game not being stamped out.

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=20999.msg499944#msg499944 date=1203804201]
[quote author=red_maradona link=topic=20999.msg499930#msg499930 date=1203802429]

[/quote]

[/quote]

WHAT?!?!?

Do you think Taylor did that on purpose? So you'd probably have asked for Jay McElvey to be banned for life too for his 'malicious' play against Djibs? Perhaps that's a bad example but the point is made. Football is a tough game and these horrific injuries are sometimes a part of the game ... Taylor got the red, which was justified and will be banned for 3 games, but a lifetime ban? Wenger can fuck off ... He didn't cry much when Eboue tried to circumcise Nani last week or when Niklas Bentender went in with two feet twice last week ...
[/quote]

Empathise means to understand what someone is thinking to put themselves in their shoes. It does not mean that one agrees with the comments. Of course a lifetime ban in not on, but you can understand where Wenger is coming from, his player's career could be over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom