• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Elliot is a pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

momoWASboss

If you take me seriously then you’re an idiot
Harvey Elliott has signed his first pro deal.

[article]
The forward has put pen to paper on a senior deal with the Reds having become eligible to do so after turning 17 on April 4.

Elliott told Liverpoolfc.com: “I think since the first day I've walked in, it's been an indescribable journey so far.

“I think now to top it off with my first professional contract is a dream come true for me and my family. I'm excited to see what the future holds and I'm just excited to give everything to the club and the fans.”

Elliott joined the club from Fulham last summer and has made eight first-team appearances so far.

The lifelong Liverpool supporters’ debut came in the EFL Cup tie at MK Dons back in September, becoming the second youngest debutant in the club’s history.

Elliott's most recent outing was as a substitute during last week’s 4-0 win over Crystal Palace at Anfield in the Premier League.

“I think when I stepped out on the Anfield pitch when I played Arsenal, I think it was an emotional thing for me,” he added. “To obviously be watching the players and to be playing them with them, honestly it's a dream come true.

“To be in and around the fans as well, to hear them singing You'll Never Walk Alone when you're stepping out on the pitch, it did bring a tear to my eye. I just can't wait to give everything back to them and just to show them what I can do.”

[/article]

Looks like he's having a piss against a garage door

8120eb68027868e4358577bd36afeb3d.jpg

£10m. As far as I know the tribunal still hasn't made a ruling, although it was due this month. Why they take so long is a mystery to me.

Ah, okay. Thanks. I imagine the delay is just a mix of bureaucracy and incompetence.

It's because they come up with the price by stabbing a goat in its carotid artery with something owned by the player, and then a complex equation involving the angle of blood spurt, distance blood travelled, which leg buckled last, how long it took to bleed out etc is used to get to the valuation. It would have happened by now but the Druids have been self isolating.

It's because they come up with the price by stabbing a goat in its carotid artery with something owned by the player, and then a complex equation involving the angle of blood spurt, distance blood travelled, which leg buckled last, how long it took to bleed out etc is used to get to the valuation. It would have happened by now but the Druids have been self isolating.
giphy.gif

Guardian reporting that tribunal hasn't happened yet but expected shortly...

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-heading-for-tribunal-over-harvey-elliott-fee

Liverpool and Fulham are set to go to a tribunal to decide a compensation fee for Harvey Elliott with the clubs poles apart in their valuation of the 17-year-old forward.

Elliott moved to Liverpool from Craven Cottage on academy terms last summer and has been part of Jürgen Klopp’s first-team squad for most of the season. His progress was rewarded this week with a first professional contract.
Fulham are believed to have been offered £750,000 for the highly rated teenager, whom they value at closer to £7m. Unless there is a breakthrough in negotiations a decision will have to be taken by a tribunal, with the fee decided by the Professional Football Compensation Committee.
Elliott has made eight appearances for Liverpool’s first team and Klopp recently cited the player’s development as a reason why the Premier League champions may not be busy in the transfer market.

It would be nicer to see him take Foden’s title of youngest premier league winner.

I think Klopp is trying to stick to his guns on his point about not playing squad members just so they can get medals. As in these are still proper games and we still have to win them.

It may seem a little harsh on the likes of Elliot, who may well just fall short, but I guess his point is that all the squad matters, not just those who play 5 plus games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom