• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

England vs India

Brizzle

Match thread starter
Time to bounce back from Sri Lanka. There will be a few people with a point to prove:

Jimmy - if we bowl first he will be on it I think
Stokes - if he makes the line up I think he will want to show why he shouldn't have been overlooked
Cook - he's under pressure but at the end of the day he is one of our best batsmen in recent years and I hope he finds some form. His captaincy and decisions need work but his batting will return back to its glory days soon!

Time to bounce back from Sri Lanka. There will be a few people with a point to prove:

Jimmy - if we bowl first he will be on it I think
Stokes - if he makes the line up I think he will want to show why he shouldn't have been overlooked
Cook - he's under pressure but at the end of the day he is one of our best batsmen in recent years and I hope he finds some form. His captaincy and decisions need work but his batting will return back to its glory days soon!

Morning Si - This looks to be a good test. India win the toss and unsurprisingly bat. Bit of swing for Jimmy early on. Stokes is back in as well which I all for. Bring it on.

I chose to work from home today to catch this. Hoping for some good bowling!

The groundsman at Trent Bridge deserves to be hanged, drawn and quartered. There's absolutely nothing in it for the bowlers. It's going to ruin this Test as a sporting event.

The Indians are going to score 600+ unless they declare beforehand. England should also be capable of a big score, but the risk is that when it is their turn to bat, the scoreboard pressure will mess with their minds and they will get out.

Dhoni run out by Anderson. India 345-7. I think it's a good England performance given the easy nature of the wicket.

Edit: make that 345-8 - Binny caught at point flashing at a wide ball.

Make that 363-9 - You're absolutely right considering the nature of the track it's a pretty good performance.

You have to say Cook really needs to make runs on this wicket. Massive pressure on him I feel.

After the Indian numbers 10 and 11 made batting on that wicket look like a piece of absolute piss, Cookie has no excuse whatsover if he fails with the bat yet again.

You have to laugh at that last wicket stand, 8th time since 2008 England have conceded 50+ runs to the last wicket pair.

Reading what Indian fans have to say about their bowling attack for this tour, generally they don't rate it and are worried, seen a lot of comments on how they have a habit of getting out of form batsman back into form.

Its now or never for Cook to get some runs in this series, India are his favourite team for scoring runs against, he has filled his boots against them in the past, some big tons including his career best 294 last time the Indians were over here.

This is the sort of wicket where Cook will get cramped up and chop onto his stumps, hes been doing that a bit in recent times, we'll see.

This is the sort of wicket where Cook will get cramped up and chop onto his stumps, hes been doing that a bit in recent times, we'll see.

Outstanding prophesy skills there Spaghetti Legs.

No matter how deeply Cook has penetrated up the arses of the ECB, they just can't continue selecting him. It's not as if nobody else could handle the captaincy. I'd bring Eoin Morgan in to do it.

Outstanding prophesy skills there Spaghetti Legs.

No matter how deeply Cook has penetrated up the arses of the ECB, they just can't continue selecting him. It's not as if nobody else could handle the captaincy. I'd bring Eoin Morgan in to do it.

Really like Morgan and the idea of him being captain but he hasn't been scoring the runs in CC which is a shame, he jibbed off the IPL this year to try and make the test team as well, tbh something different needs to be done sooner rather than later.

Suppose we have to wait to see what happens in this match, if England somehow won Cooks form will be swept under the carpet and the victory will get pointed at, can't help but wonder how much longer this situation can go on for.

Even when he was scoring loads of runs I was never Cook's biggest fan because he is so limited as a batsman. He has only two shots, the pull off his legs and the cut. If the opposition bowlers don't co-operate by sending down deliveries that suit these two shots, his scoring rate goes to zero. His captaincy is no better than adequate.

I thought the England batsmen were a tad unlucky today. The umpires were helpful to the Indians, agreeing to change a ball that was doing nothing for one that swung like mad, and then Dharmasena giving Prior out caught behind when he had clearly missed the ball by a long way.

Broad and Jimmy saved it from being another humiliation there, surely a draw now?

Prior was unlucky but he had a fair bit of luck against Sri Lanka so can't really complain, Bell really needs to pull his finger out, last summer was a long time ago, can't keep relying on the youngsters to bail the team out.

How badly do England need a competent spinner? its going to keep costing the team as long as there isn't one there, surely there has to be at least be a defensive Ashley Giles type in County cricket somewhere, it'll be a start.

Monty, oh Monty.

What the fuck has happened to him?, its yet another management failure imo, what happened after he came back from Oz? what happened in Oz? surely he should have been kept an eye on and helped with his problems? this team would be much better for it if a fully functioning Monty was there.

Yes I'm loving this! Jimmy currently on 47 - there will be great excitement if he manages a half-century!

They were saying on the BBC messageboard that England's innings was a disgrace . . . . I said to them, wait till it's over! :)

They must have given up at least 50 singles between the pair of them. I say they get on with it. Still it is great stuff to watch.

150 partnership! Ha ha :)

Incredible scenes!

I'm a bit confused by the constant disregard for singles but I guess they are just batting for time to ensure that we can't lose the test.

Century for Jimmy would be epic!

Incredible scenes!

I'm a bit confused by the constant disregard for singles but I guess they are just batting for time to ensure that we can't lose the test.

Century for Jimmy would be epic!
For sure mate. I'd love it!

Back
Top Bottom