• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Every c*nt is talking like we're in the semis

Status
Not open for further replies.
So tempted to do your stupid ‘as you were’ bollocks back at you.
I must have missed the time Ged won us the Champions League.
You can also list our current players versus the ones Rafa inherited. If you think that squad was stronger than the one Klopp would leave behind if he left now, all the power to you.

He left the core of the team that won the treble and another league cup that also went onto win the CL FA Cup and Super Cup under Rafa. So much so he was in the dressing room celebrating the CL final win.

The state Klopp leaves the team in will be determined well after he’s gone but at the moment his team has won nothing so your statement is bollocks.

Ged left us with

Dudek
Hyppia
Finnan
Riise
Carragher
Traore
Gerrard
Hamann
Smicer
Kewell
Murphy
Owen
Baros
Pongolle

9 of who started the CL final.

Two came off the bench!

He left the core of the team that won the treble and another league cup that also went onto win the CL FA Cup and Super Cup under Rafa. So much so he was in the dressing room celebrating the CL final win.

The state Klopp leaves the team in will be determined well after he’s gone but at the moment his team has won nothing so your statement is bollocks.

Ged left us with

Dudek
Hyppia
Finnan
Riise
Carragher
Traore
Gerrard
Hamann
Smicer
Kewell
Murphy
Owen
Baros
Pongolle

Two came off the bench!
The team that went onto winning the CL included Alonso and Garcia, while the FA Cup win included Reina and Sissoko, with most of the squad disassembled by then.
You forgot to list our main man Cisse in the list as well.
Now, take that list and figure out how many could get into the current side.
Then figure out what you’re arguing against because I have a feeling you’re lost.

Ged left us with

Dudek
Hyppia
Finnan
Riise
Carragher
Traore
Gerrard
Hamann
Smicer
Kewell
Murphy
Owen
Baros
Pongolle

Two came off the bench!
And maybe 9 of those wouldn't get near our team now

The team that went onto winning the CL included Alonso and Garcia, while the FA Cup win included Reina and Sissoko, with most of the squad disassembled by then.
You forgot to list our main man Cisse in the list as well.
Now, take that list and figure out how many could get into the current side.
Then figure out what you’re arguing against because I have a feeling you’re lost.

And Rafa won nothing more after disassembling it. The fact remains that squad was more successful than this one and went on to have huge success with the next manager. This squad has had zero success and it’s yet to be determined what will happen post Klopp so there is only one loser here.

But as always you don’t admit it.

You said if he left he’d have built the best squad in decades which as of right now is a simply wrong. It’s ok to admit even if it’s me pointing it out.

And Rafa won nothing more after disassembling it. The fact remains that squad was more successful than this one and went on to have huge success with the next manager. This squad has had zero success and it’s yet to be determined what will happen post Klopp so there is only one loser here.

You said if he left he’d have built the best squad in decades which as of right now is a simply wrong. It’s ok to admit even if it’s me pointing it out.
When you tell someone what they said, it would be best to quote that person so you can re-read and check how you’ve misinterpreted something and went on about something based on your imagination. Youre not aging very well. Getting worse every year.

I’d take a bunch of winners over almost men as things currently stand.

Those boys won a lot of trophies for Liverpool.

Most of them 6/7.
So, say if this side finish with 97 points, but come second to the most expensively (& illegally so) assembled side of all time, & get beaten on penalties in the CL final, possibly by that same side,you'd swap them for that from 05?!

Its bollocks. Of course trophies are what sides are judged on, but it isn't as cut & dried as that by any means.

So, say if this side finish with 97 points, but come second to the most expensively (& illegally so) assembled side of all time, & get beaten on penalties in the CL final, possibly by that same side,you'd swap them for that from 05?!

Its bollocks. Of course trophies are what sides are judged on, but it isn't as cut & dried as that by any means.
I dont think hes saying he would swap the team like. Hes saying their achievements and therefore the achievements of the managers are better.

I agree.
Klopp has taken us to 3 finals? Or is it 4 (i try to forget losing) and not seen us over the line.
Ged won 4 or 5 trophies (3 in one year!) and then Rafa won 2 more with pretty much the same side.
Surely if the point you make (and others) is that Klopp has assembled a way better side then the acheivements of those players and managers are EVEN greater. And lets not pretend that United, Chelsea and Real/Barca/Milan etc werent massively ahead of us financially at the time.

Klopp needs to win something end of. I love him. Love his football. Legacies are judged on silverware tho. To this point hes proved he cant win any with us.

Sides should also be judged based on how good they are at winning football matches.

Rafa's team with Kuyt, Torres, Mascher and Alonso was better than the one he inherited from Ged despite not winning anything.

Ged won more trophies than Rafa but I reckon Rafa is held in higher esteem because he won Big Ears.
If Klopp wins the league and promptly resigns the next day, he still leapfrogs ahead of both of them

Ged won more trophies than Rafa but I reckon Rafa is held in higher esteem because he won Big Ears.
If Klopp wins the league and promptly resigns the next day, he still leapfrogs ahead of both of them
100%

At that moment in time you have 80 quid you decide to essentially get 80 to win 240.

Just like me letting it stand would have been the same as getting 6600 on Us to beat Madrid. That’s a huge bet regardless how confident I was.

So had we won would you have lost the 6 grand extra?

I’d swap for the trophies every single time so yes I would.

That team was full of winners. So far this team is not.

Definitely. Win one of those two and he will. Win the league and he’d have a cult like following Rafa developed.

Maybe people are just tired of your constant fucking tedious bullshit when deep down things are not looking too bad are they at the minute are they??

Yeah Klopp hasn’t won a trophy yet... we know... shut the fuck up.

We are a shit load better now than when he arrived and have a chance of doing good shit.

Ffs...

It ain’t hard... just enjoy it.

Maybe people are just tired of your constant fucking tedious bullshit when deep down things are not looking too bad are they at the minute are they??

Yeah Klopp hasn’t won a trophy yet... we know... shut the fuck up.

We are a shit load better now than when he arrived and have a chance of doing good shit.

Ffs...

It ain’t hard... just enjoy it.

I never said we weren’t nor that I’m not enjoying.

It sounds more like it’s on your mind if that’s how you interpret it.

Apologies DB....

I’d been on the sauce...not the best day was being had....

Nonetheless... it is sometimes annoying when the repeated lines about Klopp needing to win etc etc... ooh let’s compare with Rafa etc...

I think he knows that, how bout we just enjoy it, weare fucking boss as far as I can see.

Yup. I want a squad capable of constantly challenging for top honors instead of the occasional one-off trophies. And Klopp has 100% been building towards that. The current team is fantastic, and if he were to leave now he’d have left a wonderful building block for whoever comes in.
I just can’t fathom how one fella is using trophies won a few seasons before Ged’s departure (that included Gary Mac, Babbel, Fowler but did not a couple of seasons later) as a barometer for the level of the squad inherited by Benitez. It’s absolute bollocks.

Apologies DB....

I’d been on the sauce...not the best day was being had....

Nonetheless... it is sometimes annoying when the repeated lines about Klopp needing to win etc etc... ooh let’s compare with Rafa etc...

I think he knows that, how bout we just enjoy it, weare fucking boss as far as I can see.

Fair call. And I’ve thoroughly enjoyed Klopp’s time. If he doesn’t win anything I’ll still have loved it. Was merely pointing out that he needs trophies to be show real success.

Yup. I want a squad capable of constantly challenging for top honors instead of the occasional one-off trophies. And Klopp has 100% been building towards that. The current team is fantastic, and if he were to leave now he’d have left a wonderful building block for whoever comes in.
I just can’t fathom how one fella is using trophies won a few seasons before Ged’s departure (that included Gary Mac, Babbel, Fowler but did not a couple of seasons later) as a barometer for the level of the squad inherited by Benitez. It’s absolute bollocks.

Ged challenged for trophies consistently as did Rafa’s.

Klopp has had one good league challenge and one superb CL run so far. It’s bollocks to get carried away yet.

Ged challenged for trophies consistently as did Rafa’s.

Klopp has had one good league challenge and one superb CL run so far. It’s bollocks to get carried away yet.
And a Europa league run to the final beating Man U and Dortmund along the way.

That rarely works out well. Reassure me.
Trust me i am not. I remember the season after we won the CL in 2005 .. we got knovked out in 1st knock out stage against an portuguese team. At the time we were all rubbing our dicks thinking how easy it would be. Also given we are a team who have played shit overall in the away legs we really need to be careful. Porto will be ready for us this season .. dont think they want to take a beating like last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom