• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

F1 shows its biased face once again...

The Nomad

Very Well-Known
McLaren's Lewis Hamilton was stripped of a dramatic victory in the Belgian Grand Prix after stewards handed him a 25-second post-race penalty.

The Englishman was demoted to third place behind Ferrari's Felipe Massa and BMW Sauber's Nick Heidfeld.

He was accused of gaining an advantage by cutting the Spa circuit's Bus Stop chicane in a late-race battle with Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen.

McLaren announced that they intend to appeal the stewards' decision.

The demotion meant Hamilton's lead over Massa in the title chase cut to two points.

Now I don't really like Hamilton and his arrogant ways, but the amount of times the FIA penalise him is just stupid now, whereas Massa who CLEARLY gained an advantage in the last race for blocking a slower car in the pit lane got nothing.

If Hamilton does manage to win the world championship, he'll fully deserve it after this latest decision.

F1 is a joke now, its not about the racing , theres far too much bollocks.

Ohwell, I get more points in the f1 game atleast ;)

This is just more Ferrari loving from the FIA.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with what Hamilton did, he might have overtaken by cutting the corner but immeadiately handed the place back to Raikonnen.
The fact that Hamilton then overtook him at the following corner is irrelavent as it was a completely seperate manouver, Raikonnen swerved right accross him after being let past so there is no doubt that he was in front.

The only issue with Hamilton was that he was not in a red car!

It goes to prove the bias when Massa was investigated at Valencia and they decided to sort it out after the race so they could let him win, they then handed out a paltry fine - I'm sure Ferrari were gutted having to pay that!

I hate the FIA and Ferrari!

Hamilton passed Raikkonen too soon, he should have known that he had him beaten, it was bad judgement to pass him so soon. In saying that, the 25 second penalty was fucking farcical.

Hamilton will win the championship this year, i'm sure of it. He is driving the most consistently.

How does cutting a corner and then letting the fella you overtook take it back equate to a 25 second penalty exactly? Surely it should a few seconds tops?

As already mentioned... if he manages to win the championship this year, NO ONE can say he hasn't deserved it.

I can't remember another driver that has cheated so much in such a short space of time.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=26842.msg682841#msg682841 date=1222289853]
I can't remember another driver that has cheated so much in such a short space of time.
[/quote]

Michael "Lets take Damon Hill out continuously" Schumacher springs to mind... OH WAIT... he was a ferrari driver.

he didn't cheat as much as Hamilton.

Hamilton spent a large part of his first season cheating.

In an illegal car of stolen designs.
How i hate that team.
Cunts.

Ps-michael schumacher drove 2 cars off the road in 15 years in the sport. Lets not get carried away.

He got a deserved retrospective drive through penalty.

Anyone who's seen the incident saw he didnt surrender enough of an advantage. So what he was 6kph or whatever slower, he should have waited until past the next corner as he clearly had the momentum.

If he does win the world championship, it will be deserved as some of his drives have been great, but he's still a cunt in a team of cunts.

I don't think anyone can label Schumacher a cheat but I think it's fair to say that he was often guilty of being dishonourable. He broke more 'unwritten' rules than official ones, if you know what I mean.

I'd wager he'd take an undignified win over a dignified runner-up spot any day of the week. He and Hamilton are quite similar in that respect.

Oh i agree Del, and as Ron Dennis himself once said 'Show me a good loser, and i'll show you a loser'
Schumi wasnt the most scrupulous bastard ever to drive an f1 car, of course he would push his luck, and try anything to win, but he never ever complained when it was done to him either. He was an old school racer not quite but almost in the dick dastardly mode, and a total driven winner.

[quote author=Delinquent link=topic=26842.msg683027#msg683027 date=1222332066]
I don't think anyone can label Schumacher a cheat but I think it's fair to say that he was often guilty of being dishonourable. He broke more 'unwritten' rules than official ones, if you know what I mean.

I'd wager he'd take an undignified win over a dignified runner-up spot any day of the week. He and Hamilton are quite similar in that respect.
[/quote]

I think that's a fair comparison, from the little I've watched of F1 recently I did notice Hamilton has as little regard for playing fair as Schumacher did. I don't have a problem with that.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=26842.msg683017#msg683017 date=1222331270]
Ps-michael schumacher drove 2 cars off the road in 15 years in the sport. Lets not get carried away.
[/quote]

In fairness Oncy, both were fairly important cars.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=26842.msg683059#msg683059 date=1222333199]
Oh i agree Del, and as Ron Dennis himself once said 'Show me a good loser, and i'll show you a loser'
Schumi wasnt the most scrupulous bastard ever to drive an f1 car, of course he would push his luck, and try anything to win, but he never ever complained when it was done to him either. He was an old school racer not quite but almost in the dick dastardly mode, and a total driven winner.

[/quote]

Well then why did he run the length of the pit lane to have a go at Coulthard when it was Scumacher who rear ended Coulthard in Spa a few years back? He liked a good moan.

I agree he was a winner, a supreme racing driver. He wasn't whiter than white though.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=26842.msg682848#msg682848 date=1222290253]

[/quote]

This is a massively pro Ferrari statement! OK Mclaren were found guilty of having technical documentation on the Ferrari car and were found to have similar technology on their car which is why they were thrown out of the constructors championship but your naive if you think it doesn't go on in the whole paddock.

You think that there are 10+ teams all running completely different technologies that manage to lap a 2-3 mile track within tenths of a second of each other?
You will find that it happens in every team - the only difference is that because it was a team that could challenge Ferrari on the track a big deal was made of it.

If it was Force India for instance then nothing would be said.

I also don't get the dislike for a British team/driver and the love for an italian team?

Stu, what Coulthard did in Spa is one of the most underhanded and ludicrously fucking dangerous things ive ever seen in f1.
It was a brake test at 150mph in the pissing rain, it was disgusting and could have resulted in a very severe accident.
So yeah, he went for him.

[quote author=Rafanomenon link=topic=26842.msg683356#msg683356 date=1222346207]

[/quote]

This is a massively pro Ferrari statement! OK Mclaren were found guilty of having technical documentation on the Ferrari car and were found to have similar technology on their car which is why they were thrown out of the constructors championship but your naive if you think it doesn't go on in the whole paddock.

You think that there are 10+ teams all running completely different technologies that manage to lap a 2-3 mile track within tenths of a second of each other?
You will find that it happens in every team - the only difference is that because it was a team that could challenge Ferrari on the track a big deal was made of it.

I also don't get the dislike for a British team/driver and the love for an italian team?

[/quote]

Hear fucking hear... I've always been brought up to dislike Ferrari. (Though not the road car mind) ;)

[quote author=Hardcastle link=topic=26842.msg681632#msg681632 date=1222178209]
How does cutting a corner and then letting the fella you overtook take it back equate to a 25 second penalty exactly? Surely it should a few seconds tops?
[/quote]

Minimum penalty is a drive through, that roughly equates to 25 secs

The FIA have long had the nickname FIAt due to their bias towards Ferrari

[quote author=Rafanomenon link=topic=26842.msg683356#msg683356 date=1222346207]

[/quote]

[/quote]

exactly, every team strives and develops the perfect car, which means they're all working towards the same car just in different directions and by different means.

they all copy each others designs, they all want to know what each other is doing and they all want the same thing.

maclaren/alonso just did the silly thing of being very blatant about gathering the info

They should all have the same cars with the same tyres. That'd make it far more interesting anyway.

Is that one where it's nations racing each other ?

Nah, not seen it.

[quote author=Hardcastle link=topic=26842.msg683803#msg683803 date=1222383958]
They should all have the same cars with the same tyres. That'd make it far more interesting anyway.
[/quote]

It really wouldn't, cars going exactly the same speed, breaking at exactly the same point, going round the corner the exact same way = even less overtaking and entertainment than F1

Back
Top Bottom