• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Fabinho

Status
Not open for further replies.

keniget

6CM Addict
Administrator
VVD and Allison grabbed the headlines when they were bought for big money to fill real problem areas for us and continued to do so when they proved they were worth what we spent (and more).

Fabinho has over time quietly proven himself to be just as important a signing as Allison and VVD.

I was a fan of Emre Can and had hopes of him maturing into a great player so was disappointed to see him go (particularly on a free). I needn't have been though because in Fabinho we got the player I was hoping Can would develop into.

Nothing new here... just a general Fabinho appreciation post.

He's an absolute rock in midfield. Better than Masher imo.

If he stays fit for the entire season we will be challenging for honours.

Agreed. He has it all - skills, positioning, temperament, mentality and ruthlessness. First name in that midfield for me, and we saw just how everything collapsed without him there during the CB crisis. He has shown high quality end product when needed also - that assist to Mane a couple of years ago, the goal against City. What a player.

Easily better than Masch.

He's up there with the Casemiro's Busquet's and Kimmich's of this world.

Ok not quite got the resume in terms of titles but performance and importance wise, 100%

Didn't actually realise he was 28 next month, thought he was a few years younger :(.

Ya 28 is a lot older than I thought but fuck it let’s enjoy having a world beater in his position for a few years.

We genuinely have 6/7 players that would walk into any team in world football.

Allison
TAA
ROBBO
VVD
Fabinho
Thiago
Salah

Ya 28 is a lot older than I thought but fuck it let’s enjoy having a world beater in his position for a few years.

We genuinely have 6/7 players that would walk into any team in world football.

Allison
TAA
ROBBO
VVD
Fabinho
Thiago
Salah

If only they were as good as they were 2 seasons ago Dreamie... eh?

If only they were as good as they were 2 seasons ago Dreamie... eh?

Too true plus you don’t win a title with a team, you win it with a squad*

Unless you get lucky and the entire team avoids any big injures all year long like 2019.

He's the perfect combination of all the best qualities of Hamann and Mascherano, while also being better on the ball than both. Easily the best DM I've seen us play for us.
Spot on.
We wouldn't have won the league or the CL without him.

He's an absolute machine. I adored Mascherano and Hamann, but there's no denying that Fabinho is a class above. He plays the game as if he sees ten seconds into the future, knowing exactly where to be and how to influence play in any given moment. He does all this without breaking sweat and on the ball there's little he can't do with it.

If I'm nit-picking, he could be more aerially dominant, especially when we're defending corners, but now the proper CB's are back it's less of an issue. Inspired signing.

Too true plus you don’t win a title with a team, you win it with a squad*

Unless you get lucky and the entire team avoids any big injures all year long like 2019.

So your argument is “you win with a squad, not a team... except the year we won it, cause we were lucky”.

Just stop.

I have a feeling he's not very smart in real life – like this is one player whose interviews I don't want to read and not really eager to know his opinions about anything outside of football. But on the pitch he's as intelligent as anyone I've seen; his stint at CB especially underscored how good his anticipation and reading of the game is.

Oh, and if I had to survive on a desert island or get through a zombie apocalypse, he'd be the first player I'd pick.

Last edited:
He's a magnificent footballer. Every bit the player Fernandinho was at his peak, just less appreciated around the league... Easily my favourite player in this squad.

And part of the strongest spine in football... Allison - VVD - Fabinho - Hendo. Wow.

He's a magnificent footballer. Every bit the player Fernandinho was at his peak, just less appreciated around the league... Easily my favourite player in this squad.

And part of the strongest spine in football... Allison - VVD - Fabinho - Hendo. Wow.
Who is this 'Wow'? Our new striker?

I think you probably spoilt it a bit adding Hendo and missing out Matip!

Who is this 'Wow'? Our new striker?

I think you probably spoilt it a bit adding Hendo and missing out Matip!

Love Joel too, and really impressed by him so far this season. But, due to necessity rather than design, he can be replaced, and depending on who's around him, we may not miss him too much. Lose any of the four I've listed initially, and we are a vastly inferior team as a result of it. Conversely, if all four of them stay fit all season long, I like our chances, no matter who else we lose (save maybe Mo).

World class.

So glad we poached him from under the noses of United too.

Because i'd fucking hate the bald cunt if he were playing for them. Largely because he's so hard to get past.

I just think they are both fantastic players.

I do have a soft spot for Mascher though....I used to love the way he played.

I'm not sure I could choose between Mascherano and Fabs.

Masher covered more ground laterally – Fabinho needs energetic midfield partners on both sides to steer the opponents towards him, like orcas (I think) steer the fish when they hunt in groups. Masher at his best was a one-man defensive midfield unit; Fabinho has less lateral mobility, but he's a more effective tackler, better in the air and a much better passer.

Just had a look at the thread when we signed him ... I said : Now this is how you cure despondency ! Brilliant player - so happy we signed him when we did.

He's another one who somehow flies under the radar outside of Liverpool circles. Wouldn't replace him for anyone in the world.

Masher covered more ground laterally – Fabinho needs energetic midfield partners on both sides to steer the opponents towards him, like orcas (I think) steer the fish when they hunt in groups. Masher at his best was a one-man defensive midfield unit; Fabinho has less lateral mobility, but he's a more effective tackler, better in the air and a much better passer.
I also think his size makes him more imposing, its great to have him and then VVD plus Matip and Alisson all big guys. I remember actually many years ago in the late 90's with GH we had some big players with Biscan in the middle, and we played one of those cunt teams that we beat and the opposition manager said after the game it was one of the biggest Liverpool teams he had seen.

But you are right about the lack of lateral movement from Fab, and thats where I think we miss a more athletic type in Gini, and would love it if we had signed Bissouma.

Oh, and if I had to survive on a desert island or get through a zombie apocalypse, he'd be the first player I'd pick.[/QUOTE]

Well he already looks like he drinks his own piss.

Agree with much of this except the "more effective tackler" bit (that's the one specific skill in which I've never seen Masher equalled). Huge fan of El Jefecito though I am, I have to agree that Fabinho has a more comprehensive skillset. Quite a few on here were all for getting rid when he initially took a while to settle in - in fairness I myself began to wonder at one stage - so let this be a lesson to us all.

Fabs awareness on the ball and ability to unlock a defence with a pin point pass at times is great. Outstanding signing he has been

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom