• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Fake Carragher

Status
Not open for further replies.

dantes

Very Well-Known
His snivelling apology to evra and their retelling of history was ridiculous. Never thought he would turn into fake news and bury two of our best ever players in the dirt.

Racism and VAR are taking over the game. Yes racism is there, it has always been there and at the risk of writing an essay about it, the media, with all the focus on it, all these campaigns are just making it worse. Do you think the game in Bulgaria would have had different outcome had England not accused them before hand? I would say so.
It’s hard to ignore it but maybe that’s what we need to do... we are just feeding the trolls.

Patrice Evra: Jamie Carragher apologises for Luis Suarez T-shirts

Sharethis page
_109320043_suarez_getty.jpg

Suarez was given an eight-game ban for racially abusing Evra
Ex-Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher has apologised to Patrice Evra for wearing T-shirts in support of Luis Suarez after the Uruguayan racially abused the Frenchman in 2011.
After a two-month investigation, Suarez was given an eight-game ban by the Football Association on 21 December.
A day later, Liverpool wore 'Suarez 7' T-shirts in the warm-up before their Premier League game against Wigan.
Carragher said the club "got it massively wrong".
The former England defender was working in his role as pundit on Sky Sports on Monday alongside ex-Manchester United full-back Evra.
Carragher said: "There is no doubt we made a massive mistake; that was obvious. We got to the ground, had our lunch and then had a team meeting - I don't know if it was the manager [Kenny Dalglish] or [coach] Steve Clarke - asking one of the players if he was still wearing the shirt, and that is the first I had heard of it.
"I am not lying and saying I wasn't part of it because as the club we got it wrong, and I was vice-captain. I am not sure who was actually behind it. I don't think it had anything to do with the manager Kenny; I think it was the players who were close to Luis in the dressing room, who really wanted to support their mate.
"Maybe I have to look at myself now and say I did not have the courage as an individual to say 'I am not wearing it'. I don't think everyone within Liverpool Football Club thought what we were doing was right but I do think as a football club, or you as a family, your first reaction is to support them even if you know that they are wrong, and that is wrong."
Evra added: "When I saw it I was like, this is ridiculous. This is unbelievable. You put your own club in danger when you do those things. You always have to support your player because he is from your team but this was after the ban. If it was before and we were waiting for the sanction, I would understand.
"What message do you send to the world? Supporting someone being banned because he used some racist words."
What happened between Suarez and Evra?

In November 2011, Suarez was charged by the Football Association with racially abusing Evra in a 1-1 draw between Liverpool and Manchester United at Anfield one month earlier.
On 20 December, Suarez was banned for eight games following a six-day hearing, during which Suarez was accused of using "insulting words", which included reference to the colour of Evra's skin. The ban was suspended pending an appeal. One day later, Suarez started in a 0-0 draw against Wigan, a game in which he and his team-mates wore T-shirts with Suarez's name and picture on during the warm-up, in a display of support for the Uruguayan.
Liverpool backed the player in the dispute, saying: "We find it extraordinary that Luis can be found guilty on the word of Patrice Evra alone.
"No-one else on the field of play - including Evra's own Manchester United team-mates and all the match officials - heard the alleged conversation between the two players in a crowded Kop goalmouth."
Suarez told media in Uruguay that he "called [Evra] something his team-mates at Manchester call him".
Evra made his claims immediately after the match and was quoted as telling French television station Canal Plus: "There are cameras, you can see [Suarez] say a certain word to me at least 10 times."
The Football Association's report into the incident, released at the end of December 2011, stated that, after being tackled by the Uruguayan, Evra asked Suarez why he had kicked him, to which the forward replied in Spanish: "Because you are black."
When Evra challenged him to repeat the answer and said he would "punch him", Suarez said: "I don't speak to blacks."
Suarez is said to have used the term "negro" seven times in around two minutes.
On 3 January 2012, Liverpool decided not to appeal against the verdict, but the club maintained Suarez was innocent.
Carragher also wore a T-shirt in support of Suarez

i thought it was commendable to apologise in an open forum, while explaining while the action was taken.
also, evra isnt a cunt, he seems like a good lad. but think that of him or not the backlash he got from liverpool fans for being racially abused and being offended by it was fucking atrocious
the t shirts happened after he was found guilty. it was a fucking terrible call by the club

i thought it was commendable to apologise in an open forum, while explaining while the action was taken.
also, evra isnt a cunt, he seems like a good lad. but think that of him or not the backlash he got from liverpool fans for being racially abused and being offended by it was fucking atrocious
the t shirts happened after he was found guilty. it was a fucking terrible call by the club

This.

Putting the T-Shirt issue aside for a moment .... Evra is NOT a good lad, he's a fucking thick cunt as he's proven many times after that incident and in totally unrelated circumstances. However let's also conveniently forget, as the FA did, his racist comment to Suarez in the same match, shall we.

Racism and VAR are taking over the game. Yes racism is there, it has always been there and at the risk of writing an essay about it, the media, with all the focus on it, all these campaigns are just making it worse. Do you think the game in Bulgaria would have had different outcome had England not accused them before hand? I would say so.
It’s hard to ignore it but maybe that’s what we need to do... we are just feeding the trolls.

It has always existed, it’s just getting more exposure now. Ignoring it if not going to make it go away, not highlighting it is pure cowardice. There does seem to be rather self righteous approach for certain people to feel rather brave about being able to be openly racist more it seems now.
Very brave words by Haringey at the weekend and that was just part of 3 major incidents that were reported. Each targeting a diff group, player, team and group of supporters. It’s a major issue in Europe, If you think by ignoring it is suddenly going to make it go away is ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He defo is a cunt

Evra's not only an industrial strength @rsehole, he's a proven liar. Who said so? The FA did, when he tried to play the racism card after a beef with a groundsman at Chelsea - the same FA whose "independent" disciplinary commission talked up Evra's character when it suited them in order to skewer Suarez and thumb its nose at Blatter, with whom it was in dispute over racism at the time. Evra's also a weapons grade hypocrite - this guy who told the disciplinary commission he couldn't bring himself to say the "N" word is on Youtube saying...yes, you've guessed it, the "N" word.

Carra's a proper legend, but this was legendarily stupid of him.

Don’t think many will disagree with most of what you said here, but Evra is a massive cunt.

Why does it matter if you are a cunt?

It doesn't mean you get to be racially abused

Along with those T-shirt’s, that was just pure shameful for a club like ours. Was so small time...

No, it wasn't. There was no finding against Suarez at that stage. What there *was* was plenty of reason to disbelieve a proven liar.

Was even worse then, to print and wear them
With out prior judgement.
Why didn’t we do the same with Firmino then? With all things being fair, At least he wasn’t bitey cunt like Suárez. Was misjudged and small time, would have more apt at West ham rather a club in top 10 global appeal.

Cobblers. We stood by our player when he was accused of something by another player whom the FA had already branded an unreliable witness, and we were right to do so.

Rubbish, don’t think when whomever made that decision to print those T-shirts had any thought about that. It was purely reactionary and made no difference to the bitey one’s cause apart from making us a laughing stock at the time.

Don't judge the club by your own kneejerk standards. The King was manager at the time and I'll take his judgment over yours all day long.

Hardly knee jerk, It’s over 9 yrs, just an opinion.
Don’t take it personally based on your personal attitude towards Evra. King return was littered with plenty of mistakes regardless of the T-shirt, not a judgement but just plain obvious.

Evra is most certainly a cunt.

He was heavily involved in the French WC mutiny that led to a dressing-room implosion and being stripped of the captaincy. Because he's a cunt.
He attacked one of his own supporters at a match and was sacked by his club. Because he's a cunt.
He aimed homophobic slurs at PSG players. Because he's a cunt.
He posted a weird video of himself kissing and sucking a chicken carcass. Because he's a cunt.
He was fined and found guilty of misconduct after a fracas that led to him accusing a Chelsea groundsman of - guess what? - a racial slur, which was disproved.

Because he's a cunt.

Hardly knee jerk, It’s over 9 yrs, just an opinion.
Don’t take it personally based on your personal attitude towards Evra. King return was littered with plenty of mistakes regardless of the T-shirt, not a judgement but just plain obvious.

Your comments above make it pretty clear (a) that you decided Suarez was to blame right from the off, so I stand by "kneejerk", and (b) that you're in no position to start mithering about anyone else "taking things personally".

The King did make his share of mistakes. This wasn't one of them.

One of the biggest cunt ever sheered by any crowd.

From 2019: Evra faces legal action over Homophobic slurs (Quite rich for a "victim" of discrimination? His reply:
[bcolor=#ffffff]“I’m not homophobic, you know who I am [...] I love everyone,” he said. “If I offend someone or I hurt someone, I really apologise". [/bcolor]
)

2019: Calls previous teammate Rothen a salty prick and piece of shit at Social media.

2018: Accused for sexism towards Eni Aluko while being a pundit

2017: Sent off as a sub before he was subbed on for attacking Marseille supporters, while playing for Marseilles

2013: Labelling Luiz Fernandes and Lizarazu Bums and Parasites for "lying" about him when critizising him

2010: Lead the mutiny inside the French worldcup team as a sort of defence for his "friend" Anelka.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom