• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

FFP City...

Status
Not open for further replies.

6TimesaRed

Not a Bot....
Administrator
Manchester City are the subject of a UEFA investigation over a potential breach of Financial Fair Play regulations.

European football's governing body announced on Thursday they have opened a formal investigation into the Premier League champions' financial conduct amid a number of alleged recently-reported violations.

A UEFA statement read: "UEFA Club Financial Control Body opens investigation into Manchester City for alleged Financial Fair Play violations.
"The Investigatory Chamber of the independent UEFA Club Financial Control Body has today opened a formal investigation into Manchester City FC for potential breaches of Financial Fair Play (FFP) regulations.

"UEFA will make no further comments on the matter while the investigation is ongoing."

https://www.skysports.com/football/...ity-over-potential-financial-fair-play-breach

Could face a ban possibly, but doubt it. They'll throw uefa a swetner. Didn't they get part of their last financial penalty to FFP suspended a couple of years ago?

Would it taint the title if they got docked say 9pts and we won be 5?

Surely they’ll get a ban on transfers only

They won't get docked points.

Does it not taint their title if they win by cheating?

Does UEFA ffp only apply for UEFA competitions, or does it also cover domestic ones?

On the subject of clutching on straws, it is a shame any sancitons here would be monetary or Champions League related - I don't feel there is any risk to them of PL points.

CL ban (if multi years) would be great to see their ability to retain Pep, the Sheikh's interest and attract real top quality players. But I don't expect this to be a short matter.

Why place any faith in Uefa doing the right thing?

It'll be the standard penalty suspended via appeal.

I wonder who can afford the better lawyer and accountants to win this one. Didn't they threaten they threaten to sue them for a violation of their human rights or something last time they even went near banning them? Their last 'punishment' was a reduction of their champions league squad to 22 after they'd only used 21 the season before....
Even though I can't stand the little cunt, it's conor mcgregor time for man city vs uefa:

Does UEFA ffp only apply for UEFA competitions, or does it also cover domestic ones?

The relationship between the two bodies often baffles me. There have been FIFA/UEFA bans on players that have also led to domestic bans, haven't there? Suarez, for example, I think. Whether this technically works in a fudgy like the EU and a national parliament, I don't know.

The last time UEFA threatened to do anything, Man City threatened to tie them up in so many legals knots, UEFA had to back down and give them a suspended punishment, and a slap on the wrist (with a squad reduction). I suspect the same will happen here or even less.

The Arabs are so powerfully petty, they would rather spend 200m on lawyers to fight a case against UEFA (and cost UEFA themselves shed loads of money), than to accept paying a 50m fine. They said as much to UEFA the last time.

UEFA are snookered. I'll be surprised if they actually find anything in their "investigation" because finding something would actually mean they would have to do something about it. If anything, this latest investigation will be used to clear their name (ha!).

From today's Times:

At least a dozen top-flight clubs are planning to write to the Premier League to ask what action they intend to take over alleged breaches of financial fair play by Manchester City. In an unprecedented move, the clubs intend to call on the Premier League to clarify its position over the accusations.

The Times understands that a majority of clubs are already on board with the proposal and more were being asked to sign up last night. The development illustrates how scepticism over City’s practices permeates beyond their immediate top-six rivals.

The news comes as Uefa yesterday announced a formal investigation into alleged financial fair play violations by City, stemming from information released in the Football Leaks data cache, but which the club strongly deny. The Football Leaks website was set up in 2015 to reveal alleged corruption in football and has supplied documents to several European news outlets over the past four years. The Times has learnt that Uefa has contacted France’s financial prosecutor seeking access to millions of Football Leaks documents.

Meanwhile, the latest leaked files suggest City discussed a plan to pay Jadon Sancho’s family £225,000 before recruiting the England star when he was a 14-year-old at Watford’s academy. City dismissed as “entirely false” accusations they may have flouted FFP rules.

Their statement said: “Manchester City welcomes a formal Uefa investigation to bring an end to the speculation resulting from the illegal hacking and out of context publication of City emails.

“The accusation of financial irregularities are entirely false. The club’s published accounts are complete and a matter of legal and regulatory record.”

Uefa’s club financial control body said its investigation would “focus on alleged violations of FFP that were made public in various media outlets”.

How hard can it be to prove the companies involved in the sponsorship deals city claimed actually paid the full amount and the oil money wasn't involved to make up any differences?

How hard can it be to prove the companies involved in the sponsorship deals city claimed actually paid the full amount and the oil money wasn't involved to make up any differences?
Well, considering the sponsorship deals we're invariably companies owned in entirety by the same family/state that owns the club, I'd say pretty fucking difficult, unfortunately.

Well, considering the sponsorship deals we're invariably companies owned in entirety by the same family/state that owns the club, I'd say pretty fucking difficult, unfortunately.

Mmmm true, I thought I read in one of those German articles that there was a dodgy sponsorship outside of that tangled family/state mess but maybe I was mistaken.

Here's an idea, sponsorship from companies tied to the owner can not apply to FFP

BREAKING NEWS: Premier League investigating Manchester City allegations

Mar 08 2019 - 16:33

The Premier League has joined the Football Association and UEFA in opening an investigation into Manchester City.

Manchester City are the subject of a Premier League investigation into allegations regarding the club's finances, youth player recruitment and third-party ownership.

https://www.fotmob.com/news/world/1...gue+investigating+Manchester+City+allegations

I should imagine Blue Moon are taking this well
They will be inventing all sort of conspiracy theories...

How UEFA, FA & PL have an agenda,
BIAS to Liverpool and UTD, etc, etc

But City will do what they always do best, throw money at it whatever the outcome...

It's good...if we keep the pressure on the pitch they will fold. Because they have many football and non football issues to distract them.

If you visit blue moon it's all conspiracy about the timing of this, hate that site, it's aids.

I doubt a German magazine is arsed about the timing and let's just ignore that Chelsea were investigated as well with the youth issues. Maybe everyone should wait until June or whenever suits city best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom