1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
    Dismiss Notice
Why Not Register?

It only takes a few minutes to register on SixCrazyMinutes

Click Here

Fidel on the Route

Discussion in 'The Football Forum' started by gkmacca, Jan 9, 2019.

1. mark1975

mark1975 Moderator Moderator

Heh, there's a family of O'Rourkes near me, I went through school with them. They are indeed a family of criminals and complete bullies. I ended up fighting with one of them throughout school and then in later years when I used to go clubbing, I'd end up in a kick off with one of them everytime we went out. The same lad used to then see me out and about during the week and would apologise profusely, and then do exactly the same thing the following weekend.

One of them used to turn up to the local Post Office in a big BMW, to pick up his giro (go figure) and he's been in and out of prison, when he wasn't pushing his pregnant Mrs down the stairs and stuff. The only good one out this group of brothers dropped dead a couple of years ago, just a couple of years younger than me. Then his son, who is the same age as my daughter, a good kid and best friends with my daughters boyfriend, went to a party last year and was fatally stabbed. A family of wankers and the few good ones ended up dead, usually the way. Anyway, yeah.. where I come from it's a bad name.

gkmacca likes this.
  2. doctor_mac

doctor_mac My cowboy name is Garland Justice Member

I've actually known (and know) some decent O'Rourkes. They've almost all been in the old Irish trope of hard drinking, dreamer, bardic types rather than nasty criminal types.

mark1975 likes this.