• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Fielding two teams in two competitions on the same day,

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd play teh following

Adrian
TAA Gomez Lovren Milner

Lallana (sorry Modo)
Ox Gini

Elliot Brewster Mane

And against whoever in Dubai:

A Becker

Hoever VvD SvB Robbo (no better way to help our Dutch kids but to let them play with Virgil)

Fabinho
hendo Keita

Salah Firmino Origi

I'd play teh following

Adrian
TAA Gomez Lovren Milner

Lallana (sorry Modo)
Ox Gini

Elliot Brewster Mane

And against whoever in Dubai:

A Becker

Hoever VvD SvB Robbo (no better way to help our Dutch kids but to let them play with Virgil)

Fabinho
hendo Keita

Salah Firmino Origi
What about the subs?

I expect a massive “fuck you FA” squad in the CC, no player over 18 to participate.

After we beat the usual no hopers in the SF we will be playing River Plate or Flamengoes

It’s a shame because the last tie against Arsenal was great and we are being forced to put out a team that will render it meaningless.

Play a semi strong side in both then fly out the first teamers to make the final.

15 games in 58 days is nuts.

I can’t see us sustaining our title push with that many games.

We are going to need all the luck in the world and we have to beat City on Sunday.

Hopefully Napoli draw tonight, we beat them next week then we can send kids for the last meaningless game.

An EFL statement said Liverpool had committed to "fielding a team that is largely consistent with those that have participated in earlier rounds of this season's competition" at Villa Park.
EFL football services director Dave Cookson said: "In these exceptional circumstances the decision was taken having received clear assurances from the club that there will be a level of consistency in team selection, a feature which is key to ensuring integrity is maintained."

Get right fucked! You can have our under 18's and that's the end of it.

So how many players will travel to Qatar? like 12? The same team will have to play both games???

Bit of a shambles

Team v Villa - Adrian Williams Lovren Gomez Larouchi Lallana Milner Keita Elliott Shaqiri Brewster

Honestly does anyone give a flying fuck about the club World Cup? It's exhibition, no prestige nonsense. I’d rather try to win the Thai energy drink cup.

"largely consistent"

I hope we play
Kelleher
Williams Gomez Lovren
Larouchi
Chirivella Curtis Christie-Davies
Elliot Brewster Longstaff

Or something like that. Everyone else goes to Dubai or rests. Those in bold all have first team experience and are consistent with previous rounds. I couldn't care if we lost 6-0 but hopefully it is 6-6 and we win on penalties eventually.

Honestly does anyone give a flying fuck about the club World Cup? It's exhibition, no prestige nonsense. I’d rather try to win the Thai energy drink cup.
Considering its the only trophy the club have yet to win and it comes with the bragging rights of being the "best club in the world" course I want us to win it.

Also we are pretty fortunate it's not being played in Japan like it used to in the past

They were chatting about this on BT last night - theres a 23 man squad for the World thingie, with 12 subs. So they could play with just 6 subs in the first game, and leave 6 strong players for the Villa match, and bring them over for the final

Considering its the only trophy the club have yet to win and it comes with the bragging rights of being the "best club in the world" course I want us to win it.

Also we are pretty fortunate it's not being played in Japan like it used to in the past
I’m sad that it’s not played in Japan like they used to... could have had a couple of good nights out.

I’m sad that it’s not played in Japan like they used to... could have had a couple of good nights out.
Just to clarify I'm not saying there's anything wrong with Japan. Far from it. I just meant if the club world cup game was being played there it'd be an even bigger conundrum given its further away than Qatar

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to clarify I'm not saying there's anything wrong with Japan. For from it. I just meant if the club world cup game was being played there it'd be an even bigger conundrum given its further away than Qatar
I know I know. Wasn’t offended or anything!

They were chatting about this on BT last night - theres a 23 man squad for the World thingie, with 12 subs. So they could play with just 6 subs in the first game, and leave 6 strong players for the Villa match, and bring them over for the final
Adrian
Shaqiri
Brewster
Milner (He is absolutely needed, his experience is pivotal for the kids)
Gomez
Hoever

My Guess

Send Kehller to Qatar

Lonaghan on the bench against villa

Last edited:
If we're talking ex players there's only one I'd bring and it's Kuyt. He seems like the only one seriously fit enough to play well.

Personally I'd send Mane home to Senegal and tell him to chil for 12 days and get him fresh for the rest of the season.
Best player in the world right now and have been playing with no break for far too long, he'd obviously go to that shit CWC and probably wants to, but he really shouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom