• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Firmino, Salah, Mane

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I heard someone saying that deGea is on 400 a week with his new contract. Them mancs are nuts, but it definitely puts pressure on us to raise the bar, even annually

No way we’d be offering a new contract 10 months after the previous one.
I'm not so sure you know, we're way behind the biggest sides in wages, which has been done on purpose, but with the real risk that one of the few clubs who can feasibly try to take one of our stars may well do so, I'm fairly sure the club would prefer to spend enough to reassure them that they're valued & try to head off any advances before they get too serious.

His basic wages should be up there with the other front three and then give comparable game based bonuses.

Ok - after the Napoli, and Chelsea game, need to ask - are all three a little tired now or something ? - the last two matches they seem to be off-tune ? - the only co-incidence is that both of those matches were away games.

Theyve played better as a trio than last few games but fatique must be kicking in now..

Although Mo and Sadio did get a nice little rest over the international break so maybe not all as it seems

Theyve played better as a trio than last few games but fatique must be kicking in now..

Although Mo and Sadio did get a nice little rest over the international break so maybe not all as it seems
Mo looked terrible today in that game, every time he got into the penalty area he seemed to completely lose it.

Ok - after the Napoli, and Chelsea game, need to ask - are all three a little tired now or something ? - the last two matches they seem to be off-tune ? - the only co-incidence is that both of those matches were away games.

We should not be surprised. They had really long seasons last 2 season with going straight from a tiring CL campaign to a world cup, where both carried huge responsability for carrying their nations hope, and straight into a new season where both the league and CL was physical and mentally exausting. And then they had Afcon in the summer giving no time for a real rest before this season starting. We should expect them both to drop form now.

The coincidence is that ever since the Mane tantrum they've all been shit. Except Firmino who got a goal yesterday.

The coincidence is that ever since the Mane tantrum they've all been shit. Except Firmino who got a goal yesterday.
Er....Newcastle at home ?,
Maybe they are forced to like one another when at home....

I think jumping to easy conclusion based on a few below par performances against real tough oposition is a bit Rich. Here we have 3 wonderful players who 90% of the time contribute with free flowing attacking masterpieces. We ha relied on them playing 2 full years with hardly any rest, they give us two CL finals, one big ear, one League campaign totalling 97 Points, one of them won Copa America, one of them played the Afcon final, one of them was voted African player of the year 2 times in a row, one of them won the golden boot and two of them are reigning top scorers in PL and all three of them are heavily involved in us winning 15 League games in a row where we score at least 2 goals.. Still People are quick to brand them shit after one or max two below par performances. I am lost for words really.

I think people expect too much. A very, very good striker is a 20 league goals in a season man. That means they'll go probably more than half their league games without goals (because the chances are some of the goals will come in braces, or maybe a hat trick somewhere along the line). There's people pulling their hair out every time Salah fails to score, or where things don't quite come off for him. The expectation levels are beyond ridiculous. The day he starts hiding from the ball and not busting a gut to make chances I'll start to worry. Same goes for Mane.

Didn't Salah go through a similar patch at this point last year- which was the main reason critics came out with the one season wonder myth. Traditionally Klopp prepares the team to start a bit slower and then hit full throttle closer towards end of season. We're at the same stage as we were last season (max points after 6 games), but it was after mid season where we lost the league (that 1 loss against City and the successive draws), so no reason to panic just yet.

I think people expect too much. A very, very good striker is a 20 league goals in a season man. That means they'll go probably more than half their league games without goals (because the chances are some of the goals will come in braces, or maybe a hat trick somewhere along the line). There's people pulling their hair out every time Salah fails to score, or where things don't quite come off for him. The expectation levels are beyond ridiculous. The day he starts hiding from the ball and not busting a gut to make chances I'll start to worry. Same goes for Mane.
I'm not expecting too much, I'm just expecting them to play well. We've gone from them being on fire against Newcastle to barely creating chances. It's a massive drop off in performances imo.
Yes I do realise that we've been spoilt but my comment about them being shit isn't just about goals.

I'm not expecting too much, I'm just expecting them to play well. We've gone from them being on fire against Newcastle to barely creating chances. It's a massive drop off in performances imo.
Yes I do realise that we've been spoilt but my comment about them being shit isn't just about goals.

The Newcastle game was a week ago. So we have had a massive drop in performance justifying a Shit branding over the course of a week that involved 2 tricky away games?

The Newcastle game was a week ago. So we have had a massive drop in performance justifying a Shit branding over the course of a week that involved 2 tricky away games?
Yep they've been shit. Are they shit players? Obv no.

Last edited:
You obv don't have a clue mate. Just let it pass.
And you do? So now according to you, who has a clue, we cannot say that a player's performance is shit due to a week passing. Yes Mr superfan. You of course have all the clues in the world.
@Brendan no more 6s and 5s or below in your ratings. Players can't be shit in games anymore if they played well the week before.
Excuse me while I find some clues...

And you do? So now according to you, who has a clue, we cannot say that a player's performance is shit due to a week passing. Yes Mr superfan. You of course have all the clues in the world.
@Brendan no more 6s and 5s or below in your ratings. Players can't be shit in games anymore if they played well the week before.
Excuse me while I find some clues...

Who's quote are these?

When defending Coutinho's decision to move to Barcelona:

[bcolor=transparent]
Would have made some difference but I think main thing is competing, not being out of every race by January.​
[/bcolor]

[bcolor=transparent]I think he wants to win shit without having to carry us to wins like Gerrard or maybe Suarez. [/bcolor]

[bcolor=transparent]The purpose of the thread? Only to highlight what I've said before, that players are leaving because they don't think they can win anything at LFC.
You know what I want us to do? Demand results from the manager. [/bcolor]

[bcolor=transparent]
Well that's exactly the thing, I want us to be in a position where we can win without everyone being on top form.​
[/bcolor]

And when hammering Firmino, who scored a lovely winner away at Chelsea and Salah who got an assist in the same game:

[bcolor=transparent]I'm not expecting too much, I'm just expecting them to play well. [/bcolor]

[bcolor=transparent]You seem to not have a Clue. You were so obsessed by winning that you stopped watching games for a period. And now when we win all last 15 games we are shit for not playing well. And stupid remarks about superfan or Brendan ratings doesn't help Your case at all.[/bcolor]

And to quote The Guardian from the same game (Although it might have been Matip, who scored an 8 from Brendan, they reffered to):

[bcolor=transparent]Liverpool [/bcolor][bcolor=transparent]were deserved winners [/bcolor][bcolor=transparent]at Stamford Bridge, with another display of fine, optimistic attacking football. At the same time Chelsea might also have taken a point.[/bcolor]

So if he scored two goals yesterday would you be saying this? No, of course you wouldn't. Being an attacking player isn't easy. It is why these are the boys that tend to get the plaudits and the big money. It isn't a massive drop off- they're still making the runs, they're still attacking the defenders. Salah turned the defenders inside out a few times lyesterday (and against Napoli) but the final attempt to wriggle free, to play someone else in, or to hit final shot didn't come off. There's fractions between success and failure. As I say, there's a huge difference between this and a striker who genuinely has had a massive drop off, because they start hiding from the ball, they stop making the runs (as Torres statistically was shown to do). I think you're wrong, plain and simple.

So if he scored two goals yesterday would you be saying this? No, of course you wouldn't. Being an attacking player isn't easy. It is why these are the boys that tend to get the plaudits and the big money. It isn't a massive drop off- they're still making the runs, they're still attacking the defenders. Salah turned the defenders inside out a few times lyesterday (and against Napoli) but the final attempt to wriggle free, to play someone else in, or to hit final shot didn't come off. There's fractions between success and failure. As I say, there's a huge difference between this and a striker who genuinely has had a massive drop off, because they start hiding from the ball, they stop making the runs (as Torres statistically was shown to do). I think you're wrong, plain and simple.

If Mane or Salah scored two goals yesterday I probably would have said that they'd played well because it's almost impossible to have a bad day on the pitch and score two goals.
I did see running I did see attempts to create chances and against Napoli I thought it was bad luck. In the match thread I jokingly asked if they'd all walked under a ladder before the game.
But against Chelsea I saw the same, except Firmino did score and should have scored another one, but Salah and Mane again, just weren't themselves. Nothing was working for them. Now this wasn't against our Champions League headache Napoli. No, this was against Tomori, Christensen and later Zouma. Three young relatively inexperienced defenders.
Anyway it's a none issue, they'll be back scoring after their midweek rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom