• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Flabby Melt

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebell

Well-Known
Going to be player of the season. Scum Chester fans regretting they didn't go for Mane and Bobby even though LVG wanted them

He's world class , he's pulling shit off Messi has been doing for years but that's no mean feat.

Stick him in between martial and rashford / lacazette and auba , augero and sterling or whoever and he will improve them

Sublime start to the season. Hopefully he stays fit and maintains this form.

He has a bad spell him every now and then.
That assist today was outrageous

Football transfers: the worst signings from the summer 2015 window

11. Roberto Firmino (Hoffenheim to Liverpool)
A huge transfer fee has appeared to intimidate Firmino, with nobody quite sure exactly what role he should play in Klopp's Liverpool team. The answer - as evidenced in a very positive performance at Manchester City, when he scored his first goal - maybe to deploy him in a side missing a traditional striker, allowing him free rein in attacking areas. Has shown flashes of brilliance, but not enough yet to justify the cost.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/f...ummer-2015-transfer-window.html?frame=3517434

I think there is just too much made of this "Flabby Melt" title that Brendan assigned to Firmino. He was perfectly entitled to call him that, as this guy was supposed to be our answer to Suarez leaving. Let's be honest he was not scoring any goals, and never looked like scoring much when he joined us. It is only since Mane and then Salah joined that the guy has become critical to the way we play, and this was probably further enhanced by the departure of Coutinho.

I think if he was sold it is doubtful he would be as good as he is for us unless the team he was going to has similar wingers like our other two - the pace, trickery, and runs made by both Salah, and Mane have allowed him to drop deep and actually allow him to use his passing range more effectively. Also the fact that both the other two are able to somewhat hold up play in the final third, allows him to get into scoring positions that he was unable to do in his first two years with us.

I think there is just too much made of this "Flabby Melt" title that Brendan assigned to Firmino. He was perfectly entitled to call him that, as this guy was supposed to be our answer to Suarez leaving. Let's be honest he was not scoring any goals, and never looked like scoring much when he joined us. It is only since Mane and then Salah joined that the guy has become critical to the way we play, and this was probably further enhanced by the departure of Coutinho.

I think if he was sold it is doubtful he would be as good as he is for us unless the team he was going to has similar wingers like our other two - the pace, trickery, and runs made by both Salah, and Mane have allowed him to drop deep and actually allow him to use his passing range more effectively. Also the fact that both the other two are able to somewhat hold up play in the final third, allows him to get into scoring positions that he was unable to do in his first two years with us.

This is actually a really good and accurate analysis of his career with us so far, in a nut shell. I agree totally.

I agree with most of what you wrote, except that he was entitled to call him that.
First off, was he supposed to get the goals? If I remember it correctly we bought an attacking midfielder not a striker.
Secondly, Rodgers played him on the wing.
Thirdly, yes, he now has some real attacking talent playing with him but don't use that against him, Firmino is no supporting actor he's a the main character.

I cannot stop watching that assist for Salah's goal.

I'm almost tempted to get some shite tattoos and some gleaming white horse teeth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom