• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Football Finance

PL statement below. All of these references are just procedural and don't confirm the nature of the offence(s) they've been charged with. However, season 2021/22 would be covered by the accounts to 30 June 2022 - these accounts are due to be filed publicly by the end of the month (so they're not in arrears yet) but they should have been provided to the PL on the 1st of this month.
So the charges are likely either based on financial failings from the PL's review of those accounts (potentially serious), or else the accounts haven't been filed on time - (less serious). Given the referral to the commission, I suspect there's an issue with the numbers - I don't think they'd need a commission to rule on a technical failing, and the figures must be an absolute mess for the PL to have responded this quickly to a submission 3 weeks ago (bearing in mind they'd potentially have had all 20 clubs' accounts to look at simultaneously, assuming no-one filed early). It will be VERY interesting to see their accounts when (if?) they are filed this time next week.
The other potential issue (which probably cuts across both of the likely reasons above) is that there were rumours that Everton's auditors were thinking of resigning and they were struggling to find a replacement. It's possible that they haven't been able to get anyone to sign off their accounts, or else that the auditors have included comments in their report which cause problems for them (e.g. about their solvency or issues concerning Moshiri's ownership position, which, I should remind you, has absolutely nothing to do with his uber-wealthy mate, the sanctioned Russian oligarch Alisher Usmanov).

---------------

In accordance with Premier League Rule W.82.1, the Premier League confirms that it has today referred an alleged breach of the League’s Profitability and Sustainability Rules by Everton Football Club to a Commission under Premier League Rule W.3.4. The assessment period for which it is alleged that the Club is in breach is the period ending Season 2021/22.

Commissions are independent of the Premier League and member clubs. The members of the Commission will be appointed by the independent Chair of the Premier League Judicial Panel, in accordance with Premier League Rules W.19, W.20 and W.26.

The proceedings before the Commission will, in accordance with Premier League Rule W.82, be confidential and heard in private. Under Premier League Rule W.82.2, the Commission’s final award will be published on the Premier League’s website. The League will be making no further comment until that time.

Could there be a points deduction? Please say it is so.
An independent commission can basically fuck them as hard as they think appropriate. Points deductions, suspension, expulsion from the league.

Sanctions available to a commission (per the rule book):

W.51.4. in the case of a Respondent which is a Club:
- suspend it from playing in League Matches or any matches in competitions which form part of the Games Programmes or Professional Development Leagues (as those terms are defined in the Youth Development Rules) for such period as it thinks fit;
- deduct points scored or to be scored in League Matches or such other matches as are referred to in Rule W.51.4.1;
- recommend that the Board orders that a League Match or such other match as is referred to in Rule W.51.4.1 be replayed; and/ or
- recommend that the League expels the Respondent from membership in accordance with the provisions of Rule B.6

And then the catch-all:

W.51.10. make such other order as it thinks fit.

Will more than likely be fine with either a suspended points deduction or transfer ban for 2 transfer windows or both

Will more than likely be fine with either a suspended points deduction or transfer ban for 2 transfer windows or both
Transfer ban would be well harsh.

They're still buying shit players like Maupay. They've not learnt anything. Don't take away the gift that keeps on giving. If they want to waste more money on shit transfers let them.

Chelsea with a reported loss of 121 mill £ during the 21/22 season.

Maybe the reason they’ve been buying everyone is they know another transfer ban is incoming.

Although - if the sell Mount, Lukaku & Hudson-Odoi, they could easily claim a profit.

Otherwise it’ll be the old “It was the Russian’s fault & we can’t be held responsible for it” defence.

:rolleyes::D

5 things you need to know about Man United bidder Thomas Zilliacus

Untitled.jpg

He also said that he could bid for Liverpool if his bid for Utd was unsuccessful. :/

He also said that he could bid for Liverpool if his bid for Utd was unsuccessful. :/
He said he would look at other clubs. Seriously though, why would a United Fan want Liverpool? Besides, he honestly thinks he can get 1billion fans to give $3 it's plain ridiculous

Some quick thoughts on the BlueShite accounts:
  • They have reduced their losses compared to last year, but the profit on Richarlison was a key factor - without selling him they'd probably be looking at losses north of £100m again.
  • The comments on the audit report about going concern (in layman's terms, risk of going bust) are interesting, but the audit report is NOT as bad as ours was in the last days of Hicks and Gillett.
  • Their audit is now done by a firm called Crowe UK, who I'd never heard of before - Crowe's turnover is £127m, a few years ago they were audited by Deloitte, turnover nearly £5bn. So their auditors are now league two / conference, to put it in football terms.
  • They still owe shitloads to Moshiri, and have borrowed even more since the year end.
  • They took their time getting their accounts finalised, so they could include disclosures about the January 2023 transfer window (sale of Anthony Gordon) - doesn't smack of good governance - ours were done by the end of September, although the year end was a month earlier.
  • But in summary, not as bad as I thought they would be, but then I did think they would be a skip fire.
Also worth noting a report in the Guardian today which suggests they are 10+ weeks behind schedule on the Bradley Moore stadium, and which reckons they won't be done in time to open the stadium for the start of the 2024-25 season. All those League One clubs hoping for a day-trip down the Dock Road will be gutted.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...hs-behind-schedule-guardian-analysis-suggests

Manchester United owe a staggering £969.6 million through gross debt, bank borrowings and outstanding transfer fees.

The club released their second quarter results to December 31, on Thursday, and the huge debts could provide an obstacle ahead of a possible takeover.
Manchester United owe a staggering £969.6 million through gross debt, bank borrowings and outstanding transfer fees.

The club released their second quarter results to December 31, on Thursday, and the huge debts could provide an obstacle ahead of a possible takeover.

It flabbergasts me, that Man U has people willing to pay nearly £5bn for it, yet Liverpool by all accounts with healthier everything, can't get someone to bid £4bn for it.
It's gone very quiet on the investment front..

So in Baseball, the Redsox were usually had the 2nd and 3rd biggest player wages which led to 4 titles. However in the last few seasons, the Yankees and other large teams have increased their spend and Henry has so far refused to budge on player wages which has seen the become a midtable team.
If Klopp does get a huge transfer kitty, it's not gonna look good with Redsox fans

So in Baseball, the Redsox were usually had the 2nd and 3rd biggest player wages which led to 4 titles. However in the last few seasons, the Yankees and other large teams have increased their spend and Henry has so far refused to budge on player wages which has seen the become a midtable team.
If Klopp does get a huge transfer kitty, it's not gonna look good with Redsox fans

I know next to nothing about baseball - is their no salary cap?

I know next to nothing about baseball - is their no salary cap?
I don't know, all I can tell you that Redsox fans are pissed that Henry is not willing to increase salary payroll to attract bigger stars. A few years ago they had were in the top 3, and now they're middle of the pack.

I don't know, all I can tell you that Redsox fans are pissed that Henry is not willing to increase salary payroll to attract bigger stars. A few years ago they had were in the top 3, and now they're middle of the pack.

I see… sone sort of soft salary cap, by the looks of it, where you can breach it, you just get taxed more.

So, the Red Sox appear to be keeping just under the cap, while other teams, like the Mets are paying loads more.

I’m sure it’s more nuanced than that - maybe one of our US based posters can explain better.

Back
Top Bottom