• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

For future reference: I was right all along about the transfers

peterhague

Very Well-Known
Just so this is in one place I can always link back to for the benefit of shutting up certain fuckwits, as and when necessary.

This is from the Echo. Hopefully this allied with previous corroborating reports from Tony 'Bullshit' Barrett will be enough to establish my own version of events as the currently best understood interpretation.

Dan Kennett@DanKennett 2h2 hours ago
If you're looking to diagnose LFC recruitment issues then this looks as good a place as any to start:
CQojNj9UsAQ-PQp.jpg

Link to the full article: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/brendan-rodgers-liverpool-fc-transfer-10201451

Wasn't it pretty obvious that Lallana, Borini etc were his signings?

Sounds like lazy guesswork.

Everyone from Premier League - must be Rodgers

Everyone from another League - has to be Transfer committee

Sturridge? Unless you think Chelsea are on a different "league" than us.

One person stands up and begins to clap.

Another follows.... And another... Unbelievable scenes as the tague receives a standing ovation from the entire crowd.

What a truly brilliant mind.
I find it hard to fault him.
I told my sister that.

One person stands up and begins to clap.

Another follows.... And another... Unbelievable scenes as the tague receives a standing ovation from the entire crowd.

What a truly brilliant mind.

You're becoming seriously obsessed with me skully.

You'd have thought so, wouldn't you?

Just look at who he favours, who gives time to. All of the players he is being linked to except maybe Lambert and Ings got an undeserved amount of time on the pitch.

Just so this is in one place I can always link back to for the benefit of shutting up certain fuckwits, as and when necessary.

This is from the Echo. Hopefully this allied with previous corroborating reports from Tony 'Bullshit' Barrett will be enough to establish my own version of events as the currently best understood interpretation.

Dan Kennett@DanKennett 2h2 hours ago
If you're looking to diagnose LFC recruitment issues then this looks as good a place as any to start:
CQojNj9UsAQ-PQp.jpg

Link to the full article: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/brendan-rodgers-liverpool-fc-transfer-10201451

Give yourself a massive pat on the back peter. You should buy a chunky KitKat or similar treat to celebrate.

Just look at who he favours, who gives time to. All of the players he is being linked to except maybe Lambert and Ings got an undeserved amount of time on the pitch.

Oh aye I agree. It seems so obvious to me. I've always found it weird that others struggled so hard to see it.

Ah well.

Daily Mail:
[article=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3260298/Jurgen-Klopp-demand-final-say-transfers-succeed-Brendan-Rodgers-Liverpool-FC-manager.html]There were set parameters that Rodgers feels undermined him, though. It is understood, for example, that Rodgers was told that the club would not, as a general principle, sign players over the age of 24.

This is why the Northern Irishman's wish to sign Swansea defender Ashley Williams and left-back Ryan Bertrand were scuppered last summer. Williams is 31 and Bertrand is 26.

Rodgers wanted both players as he sought to repair his team's leaky defence and has told associates he put Williams in particular before the committee on more than one occasion only to be told he couldn't have him.

The outgoing manager believes this impacted on his job hugely as he was effectively left with a defensive line up that he did not want and knew wasn't good enough.

Bertrand eventually signed for Southampton from Chelsea while Liverpool took the promising but green teenager Joe Gomez from Charlton. The 18-year-old started the season in Rodgers' line up but has subsequently been replaced by the Spaniard Alberto Moreno.[/article]

Daily Mail:
[article=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3260298/Jurgen-Klopp-demand-final-say-transfers-succeed-Brendan-Rodgers-Liverpool-FC-manager.html]There were set parameters that Rodgers feels undermined him, though. It is understood, for example, that Rodgers was told that the club would not, as a general principle, sign players over the age of 24.

This is why the Northern Irishman's wish to sign Swansea defender Ashley Williams and left-back Ryan Bertrand were scuppered last summer. Williams is 31 and Bertrand is 26.

Rodgers wanted both players as he sought to repair his team's leaky defence and has told associates he put Williams in particular before the committee on more than one occasion only to be told he couldn't have him.

The outgoing manager believes this impacted on his job hugely as he was effectively left with a defensive line up that he did not want and knew wasn't good enough.

Bertrand eventually signed for Southampton from Chelsea while Liverpool took the promising but green teenager Joe Gomez from Charlton. The 18-year-old started the season in Rodgers' line up but has subsequently been replaced by the Spaniard Alberto Moreno.[/article]

That's a poor excuse for even poorer defending, on a par with "there wasn't time to prepare properly". Rodgers' apparent view that Williams - a player I don't rate nearly as highly as he seems to BTW - would alone have made such a crucial difference just underlines his inability to get this aspect of the game right. This will dog him throughout his future career if he doesn't wise up smartish.

I think it's fairly safe to divvy up the players and determine which players Rodgers probably pushed for and vise versa. Didn't macca say that Rodgers could veto any player the TC put forwarded so for all we know he was more that happy to go along with some of the TC's picks. We can remove Balotelli from proceeding as he seems like a pick by the owners which left Rodgers with the option of Mario or nobody. Is there that much in it at the end of the day? Coutinho and Sturridge are the stand out signings during his time here but I'm sure Rodgers was all in favour of snapping up some under valued talent.

Borini (BR) - Origi (TC)
Lambert (BR) - Aspas (TC)
Joe Allen (BR) - Luis Alberto (TC)
Lovren (BR) - Sakho (TC)
Clyne (BR) - Moreno (TC)
Milner (BR) - Emre Can (TC)
Lallana (BR) - Markovic (TC)
Benteke (BR) - Frimino (TC)

On a side note, who's Dan Kennett btw? I'm not the best at the journos.

That's a poor excuse for even poorer defending, on a par with "there wasn't time to prepare properly". Rodgers' apparent view that Williams - a player I don't rate nearly as highly as he seems to BTW - would alone have made such a crucial difference just underlines his inability to get this aspect of the game right. This will dog him throughout his future career if he doesn't wise up smartish.

Whenever a manager moans about not getting a particular player he wants or not spending enough money on transfers, that for me is an admission he's no longer good enough for the job because he can't improve the players he has.

This site is hilarious.
How people let faceless strangers on the internet get them frothing at the mouth with hatred is hilarious. Bunch of fucking sociopaths. Internet warriors, saddle up. Meds for my men, we ride at dawn!
This is what football's all about.
Nurse, the screens!

I really (genuinely) hope the change in manager will set a new tone for the site. I didn't like seeing PeterHague go all batshit crazy this summer.

You'd have thought so, wouldn't you?

If you were a fucktard relying on lazy guesswork. Luckily for us though Peter, eh.

Like I said, Barrett told us that Lallana was a definite Rodgers signing because he started the first game of the season. A month earlier he was involved in an article where he gave an ITK account of how Lallana should be worried about his future under Rodgers, now he had free reign and had signed Firmino. So ergo, you're still talking utter fucking shit. Wee man.

Back
Top Bottom