• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Formula 1 Season 2009

[quote author=rebel23 link=topic=31709.msg832824#msg832824 date=1238154266]
is F1 being handicapped? this seems ridiculous, can anyone explain it?

-
Lewis Hamilton's worst fears were realised today when he began his world championship defence down among the tailenders.

He was well off the pace in opening practice for the Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne which was dominated by Williams, Brawn GP and Toyota, the controversial "Diffuser Three".

For Hamilton, who is accustomed to competing at the front of the grid, it was a humbling experience, setting only the 16th fastest time in the morning.

It got worse in the afternoon when he slumped to 18th out of 20 starters. With a best time of 1min 27.813sec, Hamilton was nearly 1.8sec slower than Nico Rosberg of Germany, who led both sessions in his Williams.

In Formula One terms, that is a massive margin which, if carried into the race, would result in Hamilton suffering the embarrassment of being lapped.

Link

[/quote]

Nope it's not, it's just that McLaren put so much into devloping last years car that they are way behind in developing this years car. Also someone at McLaren has cocked up monumentally with calculations from the wind tunnel which has fucked up the entire chasis design. Don't expect to much from Mclaren this year. This could go on for a good 5 races at least.

[quote author=Redshrek link=topic=31709.msg832828#msg832828 date=1238154850]

-
Lewis Hamilton's worst fears were realised today when he began his world championship defence down among the tailenders.

He was well off the pace in opening practice for the Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne which was dominated by Williams, Brawn GP and Toyota, the controversial "Diffuser Three".

For Hamilton, who is accustomed to competing at the front of the grid, it was a humbling experience, setting only the 16th fastest time in the morning.

It got worse in the afternoon when he slumped to 18th out of 20 starters. With a best time of 1min 27.813sec, Hamilton was nearly 1.8sec slower than Nico Rosberg of Germany, who led both sessions in his Williams.

In Formula One terms, that is a massive margin which, if carried into the race, would result in Hamilton suffering the embarrassment of being lapped.

Link

[/quote]

Nope it's not, it's just that McLaren put so much into devloping last years car that they are way behind in developing this years car. Also someone at McLaren has cocked up monumentally with calculations from the wind tunnel which has fucked up the entire chasis design. Don't expect to much from Mclaren this year. This could go on for a good 5 races at least.
[/quote]you mean they arent using ferraris data this year.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=31709.msg832841#msg832841 date=1238157994]

-

Link

[/quote]

[/quote]

They probably are... as Ferrari haven't exactly been setting the world alight either.

[quote author=Mr_V link=topic=31709.msg833084#msg833084 date=1238230222]
[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=31709.msg832841#msg832841 date=1238157994]

-

Link

[/quote]

[/quote]

They probably are... as Ferrari haven't exactly been setting the world alight either.
[/quote]

I fully expect them Ferraris to show solid race pace and get a podium. Getting heat on that tyre for quali has been their weakness, since before schumacher's time.

Mclaren's prospective looks very bleak though, but we have seen teams turn this around previously.

All the teams that are running KERS seem to struggle. Within BMW, Heidfeld ran KERS and didn't make it to third quali, while Kubica, who couldn't run KERS, ended up on the third row. But it won't be long before they extract that performance boost for adding that extra weight on to the chassis.

-

Link

[/quote]

[/quote]

INNIT!

I think it may look daft, when i say this.

But the Ferrari's may actually have the fastest package this year. At the moment they are racing with an additional 50 kg slapped on to their car in the form of KERS. But their race speed is already there or there abouts. They just need to figure out a better way to distribute the weight and manage tyre wear.....or simply ditch the KERS to come out on top.

[quote author=madmax link=topic=31709.msg833521#msg833521 date=1238314019]
I think it may look daft, when i say this.

But the Ferrari's may actually have the fastest package this year. At the moment they are racing with an additional 50 kg slapped on to their car in the form of KERS. But their race speed is already there or there abouts. They just need to figure out a better way to distribute the weight and manage tyre wear.....or simply ditch the KERS to come out on top.
[/quote]

Yep, that's spot on.

That was a great drive from Button, but special congrats to Lewis aswell. To get that car into 4th is some achievement. My predictions in the prediction leauge looked good almost predicted the top 3.

Did lewis hamilton get 3rd, showing on bbc website that he has.

EDIT Get in there son

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74053

Lewis Hamilton has been promoted to third place at the Australian GP after Jarno Trulli was penalised.

Trulli's third place was put under investigation after the Italian regained his position overtaking Hamilton during a safety car period, having run off the track when the SC was on track.

Both drivers were summoned to see the race stewards following the incident and it was decided to give Trulli a 25-second penalty which moves him outside of the points finish.

Toyota confirmed its intention to appeal the decision.

Brilliant race, completely turned the sport on its head. Looking forward to the next race already.

Great drive from JB, although wasnt really challenged. What the fuck were Vettel and Kubica thinking.

KERS seems great in principal, but eh wieght difference means its only good for overtaking in the short term, but the others are faster over all.

[quote author=Rouge Penguin link=topic=31709.msg833973#msg833973 date=1238410582]
Brilliant race, completely turned the sport on its head. Looking forward to the next race already.

[/quote]

Exactly.

Yet when UEFA try to do something similar with football .......

Hamilton's been disqualified from the Aussie GP.

source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7978186.stm

Lewis Hamilton and McLaren have been stripped of their podium finish and all points at the Australian Grand Prix.

The sport's world governing body said they were excluded "for providing evidence deliberately misleading to the stewards at the hearing on 29 March".

A post-race hearing promoted Hamilton from fourth to third after Trulli was penalised for passing the Englishman while the safety car was out.

Trulli and Toyota have been reinstated to third place.

The Italian was initially handed a 25-second penalty for the incident which saw him demoted to 12th.

Hamilton was summoned by stewards on Thursday to discuss what the FIA, motorsport's governing body, described as "a new element" of evidence.

It was not clear what the new evidence was, although it was thought to involve pit-to-car radio conversations between the team and driver, with the FIA ruling that there had been a breach of the international sporting code

The yellow safety flags came out at Melbourne after a collision between Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel and Robert Kubica in his BMW Sauber.

Trulli slid off the track and was passed by Hamilton but the Toyota driver said he had little choice but to overtake the Briton again.

When the safety car came out towards the end of the race, Hamilton passed me but soon after he suddenly slowed down and pulled over to the side of the road," he said.

"I thought he had a problem so I overtook him as there was nothing else I could do."

Hamilton had told Speed TV after the race that Trulli went wide onto the grass at the second to last corner.

"I was forced to go by. I slowed down as much as I could. I was told to let him back past, I don't know if that's the regulations, and if it isn't, then I should have really had third," said the Briton.

Toyota had said after the race that they would make a protest but dropped that on Wednesday because they felt it had no chance of succeeding.

[quote author=Bologna link=topic=31709.msg835980#msg835980 date=1238665003]

Lewis Hamilton and McLaren have been stripped of their podium finish and all points at the Australian Grand Prix.

The sport's world governing body said they were excluded "for providing evidence deliberately misleading to the stewards at the hearing on 29 March".

A post-race hearing promoted Hamilton from fourth to third after Trulli was penalised for passing the Englishman while the safety car was out.

The Italian was initially handed a 25-second penalty for the incident which saw him demoted to 12th.

Hamilton was summoned by stewards on Thursday to discuss what the FIA, motorsport's governing body, described as "a new element" of evidence.

It was not clear what the new evidence was, although it was thought to involve pit-to-car radio conversations between the team and driver, with the FIA ruling that there had been a breach of the international sporting code

The yellow safety flags came out at Melbourne after a collision between Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel and Robert Kubica in his BMW Sauber.

Trulli slid off the track and was passed by Hamilton but the Toyota driver said he had little choice but to overtake the Briton again.

When the safety car came out towards the end of the race, Hamilton passed me but soon after he suddenly slowed down and pulled over to the side of the road," he said.

"I thought he had a problem so I overtook him as there was nothing else I could do."

Hamilton had told Speed TV after the race that Trulli went wide onto the grass at the second to last corner.

"I was forced to go by. I slowed down as much as I could. I was told to let him back past, I don't know if that's the regulations, and if it isn't, then I should have really had third," said the Briton.

Toyota had said after the race that they would make a protest but dropped that on Wednesday because they felt it had no chance of succeeding.

[/quote]cheating cunts. So he claimed he was told to slow down and on reviewing the radio tapes it shows he wasnt and was trying to blag it. Cheating little cunt. I hate him so much.

Dont the FIA know that Hamilton is fitted with the south park style V-Chip, which wonky eyed Ron Dennis uses any time his team show a glimpse of humanity.

It also enables him to think thoughts into Hamildrone's head. He my have hit the wrong button.

I feel sorry for the Lewis though, he's an outstanding talent, just drives for a team of enormous cunts.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=31709.msg835983#msg835983 date=1238665239]
[quote author=Bologna link=topic=31709.msg835980#msg835980 date=1238665003]

[/quote]cheating cunts. So he claimed he was told to slow down and on reviewing the radio tapes it shows he wasnt and was trying to blag it. Cheating little cunt. I hate him so much.
[/quote]

Piffle... F1 is a joke these days, really is. If that was Ferrari it'd have been a slap on the wrist and a lick around the rim by Bernie.

[quote author=Rouge Penguin link=topic=31709.msg836054#msg836054 date=1238670559]
Dont the FIA know that Hamilton is fitted with the south park style V-Chip, which wonky eyed Ron Dennis uses any time his team show a glimpse of humanity.

It also enables him to think thoughts into Hamildrone's head. He my have hit the wrong button.

I feel sorry for the Lewis though, he's an outstanding talent, just drives for a team of enormous cunts.
[/quote]

Hasn't he been involved with that team for about 13 years or so ?

He's probably as big a cunt as any of them by now.

That said I love it when he gets caught for cheating and such things

F1 is a truly hideous circus of a 'sport', who wins being largely based on who can cheat the most, spend the most, design the best rule-bending/ breaking aerodynamic gizmo, or guesses the best time to put petrol in the car.

Take the worst driver in the sport and put him in the best car and he'll win

I only ever watch it in the hope there'll be a massive pile-up, and the people who go to GPs live are the saddest cunts on the planet in their fucking Ferrari baseball caps and flags

Shite

[quote author=Brendan link=topic=31709.msg836440#msg836440 date=1238696279]
F1 is a truly hideous circus of a 'sport', who wins being largely based on who can cheat the most, spend the most, design the best rule-bending/ breaking aerodynamic gizmo, or guesses the best time to put petrol in the car.

Take the worst driver in the sport and put him in the best car and he'll win

I only ever watch it in the hope there'll be a massive pile-up, and the people who go to GPs live are the saddest cunts on the planet in their fucking Ferrari baseball caps and flags

Shite
[/quote]Christ youre really ramping up the mardy arse today ay?

This is a clear and heinous stitch up by the Other Man on the Brotherman.

*slaps Bernie EcclesCake*

Copy of the McLaren radio transmission: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74159

Transcript of the radio transmission between Lewis Hamilton and McLaren during the Australian Grand Prix:

Team: OK Lewis, you should need to make sure your delta is positive over the safety car line. After the safety car line the delta doesn't matter but no overtaking. No overtaking.

Lewis Hamilton: The Toyota went off in a line at the second corner, ..., is this OK?

Team: Understood, Lewis. We'll confirm and get back to you.

LH: He was off the track. He went wide.

Team: Lewis, you need to allow the Toyota through. Allow the Toyota through now.

LH: OK.

LH: He's slowed right down in front of me.

Team: OK, Lewis. Stay ahead for the time being. Stay ahead. We will get back to you. We are talking to Charlie.

LH: I let him past already.

Team: OK, Lewis. That's fine. That's fine. Hold position. Hold position.

LH: Tell Charlie I already overtook him. I just let him past.

Team: I understand Lewis. We are checking. Now can we go to yellow G 5, yellow Golf 5.

LH: I don't have to let him past I should be able to take that position back, if he made a mistake.

Team: Yes, we understand Lewis. Let's just do it by the book. We are asking Charlie now. You are in P4. If you hold this position. Just keep it together.

Team: OK Lewis, your KERS is full, your KERS is full. Just be aware. You can go back to black F2, black Foxtrot 2.

LH: Any news from Charlie whether I can take it back or not.

Team: Still waiting on a response Lewis, still waiting.

Team: Lewis, work on your brakes please. Front brakes are cold.

Team: If we are able to use one KERS that would be good. If you deploy KERS please do so now.

Team: OK, Lewis, this is the last lap of the race. At the end of the lap the safety car will come in, you just proceed over the line without overtaking, without overtaking. We are looking into the Trulli thing, but just hold position.

Goes nicely with this. what a TOOL!

I am not a liar, insists Hamilton

Hamilton is at the centre of a row that has claimed the job of top McLaren
Lewis Hamilton has insisted he is not dishonest after being disqualified from the Australian Grand Prix for misleading race stewards.

The Englishman said sporting director Dave Ryan, who has been suspended after 35 years with McLaren, had instructed him to "withhold information".

"I'm not a liar or a dishonest person," said the 24-year-old on Friday.

World champion Hamilton also insisted the debacle was "definitely the worst thing I've experienced in my life".

McLaren and Hamilton - the youngest ever driver to win the world title - have been found by the FIA, motorsport's world governing body, to have given stewards "deliberately misleading" evidence in a post-race hearing on Sunday.

I just wanted to tell of what happened and I was misled. I want to say sorry to all my fans

Lewis Hamilton

That caused Toyota's Jarno Trulli to be disqualified for passing him while the safety car was out and, as a result, Hamilton was promoted from fourth to third.

But on Thursday he was summoned by stewards on Thursday to discuss what the FIA described as "a new element" of evidence, which included radio exchanges between Hamilton and his team as well as a post-race interview given by the world champion.

Critically, Hamilton was asked if he had been instructed by McLaren to let Trulli back past him. Hamilton said no, but the radio communications proved otherwise.

Following that discovery, Hamilton and his McLaren team were duly stripped of their podium finish and all points by the FIA - Italian driver Trulli and his Toyota team have been reinstated to third.

"I could not tell you how sorry I am for the embarrassment," Hamilton told a news conference after his opening practice sessions in Sepang on Friday.

"I apologise to the race stewards for wasting their time and making them look silly.

Trulli (front) was passed by Hamilton (back) when he slid off the track
"I just wanted to tell of what happened and I was misled.

"I want to say sorry to all my fans. I am not a liar or a dishonest person, I am a team player. If the team ask me to do something, I generally do it.

"But I felt awkward and uncomfortable.

"This is not an easy thing to do, to step back and realise I was in the wrong. But I was in the wrong, I was misled."

The fallout for McLaren has been significant, with senior official Ryan - who accompanied Hamilton to both hearings with race stewards on Sunday in Melbourne - sent home from practice in Malaysia on Friday.

McLaren team boss Martin Whitmarsh said that Ryan had not been "entirely full and truthful with the answers he gave [to the stewards], so we had not alternative but to suspend him".

He added that [during the two meetings with stewards in Melbourne on Sunday following the race], although Hamilton had also been "not entirely truthful, Davey was the senior member of the team, so he is responsible for what happened".

Whitmarsh added: "He [Dave Ryan] did not set out with a deliberate intention to mislead, but during the course of the meeting he was not as clear as he should have been.

"He made a very serious error of judgement and is paying the consequences of for that."

606: DEBATE
Should Hamilton have acted differently?
He said it was a "very sad day" for McLaren, adding: "It is a point of deep regret. For Davey, it's been a shattering day."

Whitmarsh also apologised to the FIA for the problems McLaren had caused.

"In my 20-odd years working for McLaren, I doubt if I've met a more dedicated individual than Davey," he said.

"He's been an integral part of McLaren since 1974 and has played a crucial role in the team's many world championship successes since that time."

I hate the dispicable bastards so much. I hope they get the boot. They dont know how to play fair. Cheating wankers.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=31709.msg836987#msg836987 date=1238769718]
I hate the dispicable bastards so much. I hope they get the boot. They dont know how to play fair. Cheating wankers.
[/quote]

Hilarious Mclaren the only cheating F1 team.

What pisses me off is that Schumacher was worse but was never vilafied as much. I just don't get it. The kid has the potential to be one of the greatest drivers in the sports history if not the best.

Yet people just want fucking hound the lad. Yes Mclaren are the only ones that break the rules in Formula 1..... Actually there the only ones who have been stupid enough to get caught they are all at it.

Other teams have been just as guilty but have never been chased as much as Mclaren.

[quote author=Redshrek link=topic=31709.msg837096#msg837096 date=1238779008]
[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=31709.msg836987#msg836987 date=1238769718]
[/quote]

Hilarious Mclaren the only cheating F1 team.

What pisses me off is that Schumacher was worse but was never vilafied as much. I just don't get it. The kid has the potential to be one of the greatest drivers in the sports history if not the best.

Yet people just want fucking hound the lad. Yes Mclaren are the only ones that break the rules in Formula 1..... Actually there the only ones who have been stupid enough to get caught they are all at it.

Other teams have been just as guilty but have never been chased as much as Mclaren.
[/quote]Mate, i have no problem with drivers driving tough. Lying and stealing data is another matter.
Ive only grown to hate mclaren the last few years, coz their tactics have nothing to do with racing. Hamilton drives trulli off the track by going hard into a corner! Fine, i have no issue with that. Hamilton lying to officials to get another driver disqualified! Different fucking ball game that mate. Im suprised you're so quick to defend them.

Back
Top Bottom