• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Formula One 2022/23

There’s loads of kicking off over the safety cars today. I don’t think that impacted the result though. Max was by far and away the quickest man out there and would’ve won no matter what.

It was interesting hearing sky talk about races not finishing under a safety car when that all they’ve been crying about for the last 10 months.

So Red Bull have been accused of breaching the salary cap by more than 5%.

Only fitting punishment is to strip them of the constructors championship this year. Really hurt them financially.

Can't punish the drivers who would have had little to no knowledge.

So.. is this delay Red Bull trying to mitigate themselves below the 5% threshold? That's the only thing I can think of that's delaying the publication.

BBC going all out saying a material breach could result in Verstappen being stripped of the title last year. I can't see that happening at all.

I think the cost cap punishments will have to start lenient as it’s in its first year and sounds like the clarity of what is in/out of scope is poor. Going forwards they need to get it nailed though.

i think breaches should result in that team’s cap being reduced by that same amount the next year on top of any other punishments.

So.. is this delay Red Bull trying to mitigate themselves below the 5% threshold? That's the only thing I can think of that's delaying the publication.

BBC going all out saying a material breach could result in Verstappen being stripped of the title last year. I can't see that happening at all.

That would be the only chance that dickhead Hamilton would have the chance on a 'championship' again.

It was interesting to watch the British press get their nickers in a twist over the cost cap issue. Categorical in their demand that anything less than handing the last year championship to Hamilton will be unfair when they know well all teams agreed on the 5% limit as a minor breach threshold.

If a tax credit had been correctly applied then the breach was 400k, which is absolute peanuts in the world of F1. It's a pretty fair and balanced punishment all things considered. The wind tunnel time reduction will hurt RB, although I'm sure their sister team will be able to assist them to some extent. There's no chance ideas and IP do not change hands between the AT & RB.

It was interesting to watch the British press get their nickers in a twist over the cost cap issue. Categorical in their demand that anything less than handing the last year championship to Hamilton will be unfair when they know well all teams agreed on the 5% limit as a minor breach threshold.
Dude. You really do believe everything don't you?

I'd wager they fought and haggled down to that amount and the original amount was higher. (It probably was closer to 5%).

Reputational damage is the bigger punishment. They will booed in many more countries.

2021 has an even bigger asterisk for me. But I agree Verstappen shouldn't have been stripped of the title unless it was a major breach.

But.. teams now know they can go over.. win a title or two.. and suffer the consequences in 2 years time.

Back
Top Bottom