• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

FUCKING COME ON BIG JOE.

Great round Joe in the 7th.
Thats more like it lad.

Great 8th too.
I hope that careless first doesnt cost him.

The doctor should really stop this. He cant have much vision in that eye.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=28473.msg718488#msg718488 date=1226208182]
The doctor should really stop this. He cant have much vision in that eye.
[/quote]

He cant see at all.

It's a joke.

Hes just won 4 straight rounds.
Id say Joe has a point lead now.

Jones is going to need another knockdown.
They arent going to stop it now, theyll give him the last round.
I have joe by about 3 rounds.
COME ON LAD. nothing silly now.

6 or 7 rounds in a row to Joe, barring a shocking homer decision, this ones in the bag, brilliant comeback and amazing workrate.
Brilliant.

YESSSSSS.
Tears, im in tears.
The pride of newport.
Top fucking man.
Retiring undefeated after 46 fights 22 defences, unanimous champion and 15 year winner.
Legend.

He boxed his ears. Jones didn't offer much at all, but losing 2-12 still seems quite harsh. Brilliant performance again from Calzaghe, but you have to regret it didn't happen years ago.

This homo interviewer annoys me.

[quote author=Hooz link=topic=28473.msg718508#msg718508 date=1226210295]
Maybe he'll dig up Harry Greb.
[/quote]

Or fight..... Chad Dawson...

*runs*

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=28473.msg718503#msg718503 date=1226209248]
Night Jon.
And thanks mate.
[/quote]

No worries dude.

I take it the stream worked ok then?

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=28473.msg718512#msg718512 date=1226216663]
when and who is Froch next fighting?
[/quote]

I was taking the piss, but I've had a look and Froch is fighting some non-entity for the WBC next month. Well, well.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=28473.msg718502#msg718502 date=1226209217]
YESSSSSS.
Tears, im in tears.
The pride of newport.
Top fucking man.
Retiring undefeated after 46 fights 22 defences, unanimous champion and 15 year winner.
Legend.
[/quote]

Yes, in years to come people will be saying "Where were you when Joe fought, er....y'know, that fella, whatsisname"

Heh.
You can belittle his acheivements if you want, and i agree with you (and certainly Hooz saying he should have fought Jones/Hopkins years ago) to an extent, but what place do the facts have when it comes to adoration.
Ive loved watching him and he will be remembered a great champion.
Even Ali fought a lot of shit fighters in his time.

It sounds like he's going to have another fight.

He is a legend in my eyes, but i wouldn't rank him close to the likes of MH, SRL or a number of the other greats that have been mentioned on here.

[quote author=Rafa4PM link=topic=28473.msg719570#msg719570 date=1226331799]
It sounds like he's going to have another fight.

He is a legend in my eyes, but i wouldn't rank him close to the likes of MH, SRL or a number of the other greats that have been mentioned on here.
[/quote]

No one would

Marciano's record was similar. He had KOs against Joe Louis, Jersey Joe Walcott and Archie Moore, but they too were all way past their primes.

He's still remembered as one of the very best.

I'm glad he's getting his big pay day, he deserves it more than a lot of other overpaid fighters.

But I didn't like his clumsy looking showboating, it looked messy and didn't suit him. I still think he was very lucky against Hopkins, but he fully outboxed Jones.

I'm excited about the David Haye fight next week!

He should retire as he has no one to fight. Pavlik would have been interesting, but didn't Hopkins just beat him?

A Cardiff finale against Macarinelli would have been nice, but he got wasted by Haye.

Back
Top Bottom