• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Gaston Ramirez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic

Since we lost out on Sigurdsson, this guy seems to be the latest target for our rumour mill. Twitter seems to be alight with people claiming we're talking to Bologna over the next 48 hours for a fee of around about £15million, so maybe there's something there. Opinion is pretty split on him, I myself am unsure, I like the idea of another Uruguayan coming to the club, a young and promising one at that, but his goal record isn't great. Here's an obligatory youtube video of him, from this video he looks decent and certainly knows a few tricks.

He has a 1 in 4 record last season, which for a mid-table Italian club is decent you'd think. He looks clever and tricksy. Has to be a significant improvement on current wing options.

He'd play the inside forward position, which I think he could excel at, Suarez and this guy each side of Carroll could defiantly be tasty! Just seeing another player who can beat a player with skill is a big plus for me!

1 in 4? Is that a good enough stat for a winger? I wouldn't have thought it was overly awesome.

1 in 4? Is that a good enough stat for a winger? I wouldn't have thought it was overly awesome.

Unless that winger is Ronaldo, it is decent. Nani was acclaimed as the best winger in the league by most this season and he scored 8 in 29. Yer man scored 8 in 32.

And mins played wise, he played approximately 25 full league matches. 8 goals + ~5 assists in the process.

I think we will make a bid and then Spurs will come in a few hours later and make a better offer and then sign him.

Neymar ? - yeah right , first of all we could not afford someone like him and second its not worth it as we would eventually have to sell him to either Barca, or more likely Real Madrid, and thirdly I think Brazil as a footballing nation is in a lockdown mode where not many stars have come to Europe this season because the mony there is getting good and players are either returning or just staying put. Neymar is one of those.

Rumours getting stronger by the minute..

Indications show this actually could actually be happening..

Twatter has gone into meltdown over the last hour..

According to Italian journalists he has come out and said he wants to join Liverpool.. and Bologna have confirmed this.. We are going to conduct talks within the next 48 hours..

Rumours getting stronger by the minute..

According to Italian journalists he has come out and said he wants to join Liverpool.. and Bologna have confirmed this.. We are going to conduct talks within the next 48 hours..

Can you confirm he did not say aslo that he wants to join Liverpool BUT if any other club comes in thats willing to pay X amount more for my services then I will also want to join them too.

Did he just say I he wants to join Liverpool but qualify it with something else.

Haven't seen him play, but people that have say he's very much hit and miss. Loads of ability but is inconsistent.

On that basis, cant say i'm too excited about this potential signing.

Haven't seen him play, but people that have say he's very much hit and miss. Loads of ability but is inconsistent.

On that basis, cant say i'm too excited about this potential signing.

I think he'll improve with better team-mates.

He's an exciting signing, the kind we should be making, that doesn't mean he'll be a success though. Still this is better than playing safe, and I'm hopeful we sign him!

On a side note, there is a load of rumours he's already training at Anfield for the Olympics with Suarez and Coates, can that be true?! Seems to be more than just a bit convenient if he is going to join us.

On a side note, there is a load of rumours he's already training at Anfield for the Olympics with Suarez and Coates, can that be true?! Seems to be more than just a bit convenient if he is going to join us.
I can confirm that he's training for the Olympics. At Anfield? Not sure. Seems to be occupied already.

I'd be horrified if we paid 15 million for him. I've seen him play 4-5 times, and I've never been impressed. My thoughts:

He's not a winger at all. He's a left-footed attacking mid, except a pretty average one. He's young, hard-working, and decent technically - I'll give you that. But he has very little going for him otherwise - he isn't particularly quick, a high centre of gravity, which means he's ill fitted to be a winger, even a converted one. Has very little explosiveness on the ball, and average-to-decent passing skills.

Poor as a winger, and almost underwhelming as a playmaker. He's neat and tidy with the ball, passes okay, and has a decent left peg. That plus his age and attitude means he'll probably make a decent-ish player down the road. He is however by absolutely no stretch of imagination a world class talent, and if we spend 15 million on him, I'll be fucking appalled.

Right about now, he's almost like a South American hybrid of Henderson and Downing, with a similar price tag. Stay fucking clear unless you're getting him for 6 million, and want to develop him as a good young contributor for the future.

Did I also say that I think he's not suited for England at all - nothing to do with his stature or with his pace - he's just not quick enough on the ball, or someone who's clever enough to play the game 2 steps ahead in his head.

He's a left footed attacking mid. Exactly what we need.
Well considering what we paid for Downing and Hendo, I'm OK with us paying £20 Million for someone who's both of them combined.

Bologna knows this lad better than any on here. Let him speak on the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom