• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Genk v Liverpool Match Thread - CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a good competitive practice for what is to come on Sunday; the opposition did press us to limit space and it was obvious that most of the players were playing well within themselves. We are top of the group so who gives a shit.
It wasn't even remotely good practice for Sunday.

It was closer to playing a different fucking sport then it was to playing City.

Obv. I honestly think Klopp would have taken the draw rather than have them run too much or work too hard in that match.
Yep. Which is mad and if we weren't playing city would make sense. Here's hoping sterling gets a dead leg tomorrow and all is well

We looked like we were conserving energy all game. We looked like we played like it was a friendly. As Jon pointed out it was only when Robbo came on that we saw somebody who hadn't got the memo and started sprinting around the place. The crowd responded like it was friendly. It was a listless meander where we fortunately still got the job done. Sunday will be very different. The crowd will be up for it, and the players will be up for it. Tonight looked like a distraction for everyone bar the Genk team and their support.

It wasn't even remotely good practice for Sunday.

It was closer to playing a different fucking sport then it was to playing City.

Let me tell you something - I expect us to beat the rubbish that will come and visit us on Sunday - there was only ever one player I ever feared in that Man City side that has constantly caused us problems - Sane - he is out so I expect us to win the game on Sunday 3-1, or 4-1, if Klopp actually decides to go for a win. I just hope we show some aggression and really go for it.

That was good practice regardless of what you think, especially for Salah, and Keita - they needed it.

Surprised Salah started this one – hopefully this means his ankle is on the mend. He did everything so well, except the final shot or pass – we've seen him go through periods like that, I think as long as he's creating lots of chances the goals will come.

I thought midfield with Fabinho, Keita and Gini in the attacking role generally worked really well – the huge edge in chances and possession usually means the midfield is doing something right. I'd like to see this combination more often. Unfortunately I was distracted in some periods of the game and can't really say anything more specific. Ox and Origi switched roles in the 2nd half – was it from the start of the second 45, anyone notice?

Surprised Salah started this one – hopefully this means his ankle is on the mend. He did everything so well, except the final shot or pass – we've seen him go through periods like that, I think as long as he's creating lots of chances the goals will come.

I thought midfield with Fabinho, Keita and Gini in the attacking role generally worked really well – the huge edge in chances and possession usually means the midfield is doing something right. I'd like to see this combination more often. Unfortunately I was distracted in some periods of the game and can't really say anything more specific. Ox and Origi switched roles in the 2nd half – was it from the start of the second 45, anyone notice?

First half it was Mo on the right, Ox centrally (false 9), Origi left.

Second half, from the start, it was Mo centrally (proper 9), Origi right, Ox left.

Genk's tactic seems to be defend 35 minutes each half and come at us last 10 minutes of each half? Almost worked for them.

Fucking Obelix in the Genk crowd
This is the guy :

[bcolor=#ffffff]

[bcolor=#ffffff]Compare to the original :[/bcolor]

[bcolor=#ffffff]
307a7fdd59577724198c9ba245f6fe4c.png
[/bcolor]

Let me tell you something - I expect us to beat the rubbish that will come and visit us on Sunday - there was only ever one player I ever feared in that Man City side that has constantly caused us problems - Sane - he is out so I expect us to win the game on Sunday 3-1, or 4-1, if Klopp actually decides to go for a win. I just hope we show some aggression and really go for it.

That was good practice regardless of what you think, especially for Salah, and Keita - they needed it.
You know the only problem with this delightful theory?

You're almost always, disastrously, horrifically wrong, about everything.

I truly hope this bucks the trend, but your track record makes that a forlorn hope.

Tremendous arrogance.

City are a great side. It's going to be a tough game.

The only confidence I draw is that we like to attacking centrally and their best DM is playing at CB and their quickest, strongest CB is missing the game.

We should be able to score 2 or 3 against them.

But Aggy vs Lovren isn't a good match up for us, and Klopp hasn't played TAA in the last 2 home league games against City? Surely he will break that trend this weekend, but Sterling up against him is a worry too.

Tremendous arrogance.

City are a great side. It's going to be a tough game.

The only confidence I draw is that we like to attacking centrally and their best DM is playing at CB and their quickest, strongest CB is missing the game.

We should be able to score 2 or 3 against them.

But Aggy vs Lovren isn't a good match up for us, and Klopp hasn't played TAA in the last 2 home league games against City? Surely he will break that trend this weekend, but Sterling up against him is a worry too.

I think Klopp omitted Trent precisely because of Sane- who gave us significant problems down the right flank (whether we played Trent or not, in truth). Sane is out and Trent will be in.

You know the only problem with this delightful theory?

You're almost always, disastrously, horrifically wrong, about everything.

I truly hope this bucks the trend, but your track record makes that a forlorn hope.

Not really there is very little evidence - I don't see the game like you do, I look at the players, their attitude on the pitch, and skills to performances / consistency. That Man City lot - are breakable - look at the way Wolves and Spurs have performed consistently against them. My biggest failure on this forum has been predicting the downfall of Sterling - it just has not happened !!! Little fuck keeps scoring.

We looked like we were conserving energy all game. We looked like we played like it was a friendly. As Jon pointed out it was only when Robbo came on that we saw somebody who hadn't got the memo and started sprinting around the place. The crowd responded like it was friendly. It was a listless meander where we fortunately still got the job done. Sunday will be very different. The crowd will be up for it, and the players will be up for it. Tonight looked like a distraction for everyone bar the Genk team and their support.
Robbo only has an On/Off switch. In Robboland there is no such thing as gears.

Jesus Moron. That is Blue Fume or Red Cafe worthy.

I see you're branching out. We've got you on the Guardian and Woland has twitter sorted. Sneaky SCM infiltration...

8551b5305dc773b46eb3ce06b8c8f33a.jpg

Not really there is very little evidence - I don't see the game like you do, I look at the players, their attitude on the pitch, and skills to performances / consistency. That Man City lot - are breakable - look at the way Wolves and Spurs have performed consistently against them. My biggest failure on this forum has been predicting the downfall of Sterling - it just has not happened !!! Little fuck keeps scoring.

So, you don't see the team that's won the last two titles, and amassed the highest and second highest points total in the history of the game, the same way that we all do..?

Ok then.

I think that they're still the best team out there, and until we actually beat them, I'll consider them the team to beat... But maybe that's just me.

So, you don't see the team that's won the last two titles, and amassed the highest and second highest points total in the history of the game, the same way that we all do..?

Ok then.

I think that they're still the best team out there, and until we actually beat them, I'll consider them the team to beat... But maybe that's just me.
In that record breaking season of theirs we smashed them up 3 times in a season to them beating us once when we were down to 10 men. Last season they only just beat us once. So I dont fear for us going into the game, and think with absolute honesty we will smash them proper this weekend.

All you guys see is their total dominance over the rest of the league, i see so many problems with them, for starters the mass island of space behind their defence, the lack of agression and pressing shown by othwr teams against them. He makes their midfield pass and move like fucking dogs, thats why when they come up against the likes of a opposing team that can also run and press they can cause them problems.

The fact that he has no identifiable strong men in midfield but just cute wimpish passers is another area to exploit , the premier league has never allowed 3 to 4 of those types of players occupying the midfield space to succeed until now and thats because of bad management and lack of courage and or application.

In that record breaking season of theirs we smashed them up 3 times in a season to them beating us once when we were down to 10 men. Last season they only just beat us once. So I dont fear for us going into the game, and think with absolute honesty we will smash them proper this weekend.

All you guys see is their total dominance over the rest of the league, i see so many problems with them, for starters the mass island of space behind their defence, the lack of agression and pressing shown by othwr teams against them. He makes their midfield pass and move like fucking dogs, thats why when they come up against the likes of a opposing team that can also run and press they can cause them problems.

The fact that he has no identifiable strong men in midfield but just cute wimpish passers is another area to exploit , the premier league has never allowed 3 to 4 of those types of players occupying the midfield space to succeed until now and thats because of bad management and lack of courage and or application.

Weren't they lambs to be slaughtered when we went to Maine Road back in January too..? Everybody and their dog was lining up to anoint the new champions in waiting, and watch us batter them.

I hope you're right. Of course I do. I just doubt that a team with this pedigree and this pride and this depth will allow themselves be battered by anybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom