• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Getting to know you, getting to know....

LeTallecWiz said:
seattlejason said:
Favorite places: Cairo, The Galilee, Rome, Santa Fe.

Did you do all the hikes in the Galilee and Golan? That's where I hope to live one day - differently the most serene area I've ever spent a summer in.

We were only in Israel for about 10 days (so expensive compared to what we were living on in Egypt) and only spent about five days in the Galilee based out of Tiberias. But God, LTW, it was the most serene place I have ever been to on earth. Truly, the energy of the place is just incredible. It's a place I miss. Having made Egypt our home after falling in love with Cairo and the Sinai, Soph and I were both in agreement that Tiberias and the Galilee was our favorite place, far and away, of anywhere we had been to in our travels throughout the area (Egypt, Jordan, Israel). We would both love to live there one day, that is our ultimate dream.

As for hikes, we did some, but our greatest adventure/debacle was renting bikes in Tiberias to ride to Capernaum and back (stopping at Migdal, Tabghe, and the Mount of Olives). Now I had climbed Mount Sinai, I had climbed mountains in Petra, but I hadn't been on a bike since I ditched my BMX for a car when I was 16. Fuck man, ten minutes in I pulled over at a lookout wondering what the hell I had got myself into. Trying to be the man, I was not going to let on that my entire lower body was screaming in protest against this punishment, so I asked my wife how she was doing. Laboriously she said "I'm ok". I couldn't take it so I said "I'm dying. We've only been going 10 minutes and my legs are killing me, it's 8:30 in the morning, and we've just started. We can ride back into town, try and get our 80 shekels back, have a nice breakfast and some coffee and catch a fucking bus or taxi out to the Mount of Olives, never to speak of this bike fiasco to anyone ever." Needless to say, we rode on. Which was fine, I'm glad I did it (you know all that "what an accomplishment"-type shit), all the while in my head I was thinkin' "If Jesus can carry a fucking cross through Jerusalem, you can ride a fucking bike for 20 k". Problem with this bike I got from the Hotel Aviv was the fact that it was so shitty I had to pedal going down hill or the thing would come to a stop. And the fact that the seat post was so fucked up it would not stay extended so I was riding the hills of Galilee looking like I'm on some low rider bike with my knees up to my chest. My wife, who thought I was making a meal of it all, got on my bike accidentally after we had stopped ten minutes out of Tiberias on the way back from Capernaum. She started to pedal and was like "what the hell is wrong with my bike?" "Nothing sweetheart, your bike's fine, that bike your sitting on is the hell I have been dealing with for the last 8 hours". But goodtime overall. Incredible place.

Where you at, LTW, Jerusalem? I loved it there too. We're hoping to get back to Israel sometime this year and spend some more time. Gotta see Tel Aviv, and spend more time in the Galilee.

Sidd said:
Rosco said:
seattlejason said:
anfieldanfield said:
I agree Oncey, he does indeed sound like a very interesting person.

I bet Sophia is beautiful.

She is. In fact, I turned down a negotiated price of 5,000,003 camels for her in Egypt. Which I remind her of on occasion.

The Sheik could top that bid easily.

Sheik's probably the one who offered 5,000,003 camels.

You know...I thought he looked familiar.

caramel said:
Hey guys,

I'm almost 17 living in small flat in Brighton at the moment (Sussex by the sea). I'm 6ft3, blonde hair, contact lenses for my minus 5.5 eyes, size 12.5 feet (as a result i'm a firm believer in the big feet big cock theory). Born in London, lived in Chester till I was 7, then moved to Lagos, Nigeria till I was 11, been living down here in Brighton since then. Been privately educated since age of 11. Doing Maths, Economics, History and ICT for A Level, got 7A*s, 3A's and 1B in my GCSE's, and got 3A's, 2B's and a U in my January modules (as you may've guessed i'm dropping maths at the end of this year). Hope to study Criminology Sociology at Cambridge. Love Liverpool (despite my dad being a manc), Go to all London based away games (used to see them against Southampton but that's gone..) Big fan of Babyshambles and Indie music in general. Seen The Killers, Kooks, Dirty Pretty Things and Arctic Monkeys. Seeing Babyshambles in December!! (Very exciting!) Play Guitar (High and Dry by Radiohead is a favourite of mine). Auditioned for X Factor, got through to Simons group, Ray's a top chap, but didn't get through past that. I'm just rambling now...

James

X Factor !!!!!! :shock:

robinhood said:
caramel said:
By the way, the clock on this hasn't been updated..

You have to do it yourself. Click "profile".

Tell him to log off for an hour and then log back on and it will be updated!

HEHEHEHE where the fuck is Grocky anyways?

Herr Onceared said:
robinhood said:
caramel said:
By the way, the clock on this hasn't been updated..

You have to do it yourself. Click "profile".

Tell him to log off for an hour and then log back on and it will be updated!

HEHEHEHE where the fuck is Grocky anyways?

Hahahahaha.

I don't know. I miss him. He's probably striking up arms deals in asia.

Herr Onceared said:
seattlejason said:
I Am Jason from Seattle. I am 30. Just moved back here after living in San Francisco. Was living in Cairo for a couple years before that.

Currently writing a book about living in Egypt and working odd jobs to make ends meet.

Recently, got married to my wonderful wife, Sophia. We both love to travel and actually fell in love in Egypt where I proposed in the Sahara Desert overlooking the Pyramids. Been to five continents so far. Favorite places: Cairo, The Galilee, Rome, Santa Fe.

Growing up in the States, I thought "soccer" was a game only pussy's played, because they couldn't play real sports (like the one's I and every other non-pussy played - football, baseball, basketball).

Then came 1998 and the World Cup before my senior year at the university. My new roommates were going crazy about this thing starting so I figured I'd watch it. Fuck man, I couldn't get enough. This was the sport I had dreamed of. I was hooked. Two hours for a match, no fucking commercials, no time outs, strategy, build-up, I loved it. And then Michael Owen takes off against Argentina and scores that goal. It was the greatest individual piece of athletic skill I had ever seen. That was my new favorite player. Who's he play for I asked? Liverpool. That's who I'm fuckin' supportin' then. And the rest is History.

Went to Anfield in '99 and watched Liverpool beat Arsenal 2-0. Now my wife, bless her heart, wants to go. She's a good woman.

Other than that, I love coffee and cigarettes. I believe religion has underlying truth, but man fucks it up. I believe that we are fucking up this planet and need to get our collective shit together so when my future kids grow up they can have things like trees, and clean water. And I believe that we should truly live life and not let it live us.

That's the important stuff.

I really like this post.

Before I forget...muchas gracias.

Rosco said:
caramel said:
Hey guys,

I'm almost 17 living in small flat in Brighton at the moment (Sussex by the sea). I'm 6ft3, blonde hair, contact lenses for my minus 5.5 eyes, size 12.5 feet (as a result i'm a firm believer in the big feet big cock theory). Born in London, lived in Chester till I was 7, then moved to Lagos, Nigeria till I was 11, been living down here in Brighton since then. Been privately educated since age of 11. Doing Maths, Economics, History and ICT for A Level, got 7A*s, 3A's and 1B in my GCSE's, and got 3A's, 2B's and a U in my January modules (as you may've guessed i'm dropping maths at the end of this year). Hope to study Criminology Sociology at Cambridge. Love Liverpool (despite my dad being a manc), Go to all London based away games (used to see them against Southampton but that's gone..) Big fan of Babyshambles and Indie music in general. Seen The Killers, Kooks, Dirty Pretty Things and Arctic Monkeys. Seeing Babyshambles in December!! (Very exciting!) Play Guitar (High and Dry by Radiohead is a favourite of mine). Auditioned for X Factor, got through to Simons group, Ray's a top chap, but didn't get through past that. I'm just rambling now...

James

Fucking hell!

What did you sing Carmel?

gene hughes said:
Rosco said:
caramel said:
Hey guys,

James

Fucking hell!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQjkl7WJX20

gene hughes said:
Rosco said:
caramel said:
Hey guys,

James

Fucking hell!

It wasn't shown on tv, I sang 'Everything I Do, I Do It For You' by 'Bryan Adams' to get through..

caramel said:
gene hughes said:
Rosco said:
caramel said:
Hey guys,

James

Fucking hell!

It wasn't shown on tv, I sang 'Everything I Do, I Do It For You' by 'Bryan Adams' to get through..

You should be ashamed.

Because you have to be a cunt to sing that song.

A point that is so aptly proven by Bryan Adams himself

seattlejason said:
Where you at, LTW, Jerusalem? I loved it there too. We're hoping to get back to Israel sometime this year and spend some more time. Gotta see Tel Aviv, and spend more time in the Galilee.

I'm IN j'lem for now ... I hope to convince the soon to be wife that the North is the place to be. I lived about 10 minutes from the Lebanese border when I was a lad on a kibbutz, and I still have the fondest memories.

Tel Aviv is nice, but very very tourist geared now. I recommend seeing the 'Ramon Crater' in the Negev, and if you can, checking out Eilat for snorkeling etc ...

seattlejason said:
Sidd said:
Rosco said:
seattlejason said:
anfieldanfield said:

She is. In fact, I turned down a negotiated price of 5,000,003 camels for her in Egypt. Which I remind her of on occasion.

5,000,004. That's my final offer.

Sheik Yerbouti said:
seattlejason said:
Sidd said:
Rosco said:
seattlejason said:
anfieldanfield said:

5,000,004. That's my final offer.

If I accept, I shall change my name to Sheikh Yercamel

Alright,

I'm Ste from Southport, 22 years old and work for an IT company in Formby.

Try to get to as many home matches as possible in all competitions, been to most home league games this season, all European homes and cup matches.

Unfortunately currently going out with a manc tho!

Was abit of a lurker on Koptalk called ste (NOT ST3!!) and also have lurked around Est as well.

This thread has gotten me thinking about the one dimensional nature of most forum communications. Can you ever really 'know' the people you spend a fair chunk of your online time talking to or are we just kidding ourselves and are instead pretending to be the people we wish we were?

Perception is an interesting thing.

Anyway, back to the purpose of it all.

Here are a few things that I am not

A goth.
A lesbian.
A morbidly obese dominatrix - nor a skinny one.
Edit: Nor a mid sized one for the pedants among us (Hi Onky!)
Funny.
Endearing.
Patient.
Uncomplicated.
Particualry interested in discussing the 39,916,800 different ways 11 men can be arranged on a patch of grass.
Mentally stable.

Mike's the name. Advertising is my game... er I mean my bread and butter and marmalade. Malaysian born and bred. Now residing in Sabah, the former British North Borneo now a state of Malaysia; no I am no orang utan and no we do not live on trees nor swing from tree to tree. Seeing that Frogfish is Shanghai, one day he might just wanna set up his business here rather than Phuket as it is far better and more beautiful to live here.

Lived in Upton Park, East London for a period of time and therefore have a softspot for the Hammers because of the community I lived with, lovely cockneys. Married to a nurse (stop having those thoughts guys) who turned into a communication and motivational trainer. Have 3 children with the elder two being boys who are die heart LFC supporters because of Michael Owen! Thankfully they still support LFC. Blushingly my youngest, a daughter supports the team I hate most, Chelsea, because she likes the name. I have my work cut out.

Marquis said:
This thread has gotten me thinking about the one dimensional nature of most forum communications. Can you ever really 'know' the people you spend a fair chunk of your online time talking to or are we just kidding ourselves and are instead pretending to be the people we wish we were?

A goth.
A lesbian.
Funny.
Endearing.
Patient.
Uncomplicated.
Particualry interested in discussing the 39,916,800 different ways 11 men can be arranged on a patch of grass.
Mentally stable.

that's a good point, tho it does seem to me like too much work to pretend to be something you're not on a football forum.
:D

Avmenon said:
that's a good point, tho it does seem to me like too much work to pretend to be something you're not on a football forum.
:D

I don't mean on a conscious level, that is more like Ryan's The New You thread. I was instead referring to the freedom that the lack of face to face contact the internet affords you.

well,people who know me well think i'm a sarcastic idiot who only cares about Liverpool and i come here and........never mind

Marquis said:

A goth.
A lesbian.
Funny.
Endearing.
Patient.
Uncomplicated.
Mentally stable.

So you are a one!!

My name is Hans Jakob, my nickname is Hansern. I'm 29 (just had a birthday actually).
1,89m and 84 kg, blonde

I was a law student for a couple of years, and then took my Bachelor degree in International marketing and Leadership. Currently working for Coca-Cola, which is alright. Loads of opportunities and possibilities ( to quote a famous Spaniard).

I play football for my local club, centre back, and go reguarly (3-4 times a week) to the gym. Other interests: travelling, reading and fishing. My dad and I have a week of salmon fishing every year. 9,3 kg is the current record.

Currently single and hitting the bars every weekend. Getting a little tired of that, so it won't be long before I get more seriously committed again. Lived togheter with my last girlfriend for 3 years, so it has been nice to be on my own for a bit...

Thats it really

Back
Top Bottom