• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Getting to know you, getting to know....

Thanks, I'm from Norway. I live 20 minutes from Oslo, I've lived here all my life. :D

Hansern said:
My name is Hans Jakob, my nickname is Hansern. I'm 29 (just had a birthday actually).
1,89m and 84 kg, blonde

I was a law student for a couple of years, and then took my Bachelor degree in International marketing and Leadership. Currently working for Coca-Cola, which is alright. Loads of opportunities and possibilities ( to quote a famous Spaniard).

I play football for my local club, centre back, and go reguarly (3-4 times a week) to the gym. Other interests: travelling, reading and fishing. My dad and I have a week of salmon fishing every year. 9,3 kg is the current record.

Currently single and hitting the bars every weekend. Getting a little tired of that, so it won't be long before I get more seriously committed again. Lived togheter with my last girlfriend for 3 years, so it has been nice to be on my own for a bit...

Thats it really
When's your birthday Hans? Really. Because mine was on the 4th.

Ok, about me then. My name's Ivan.

I just turned 23, lived in Asia all my life.

I'm studying Chemical Engineering and I have one more year before I get my Honour's degree.

I'm Chinese, but my English is much better than my mother tongue. In fact, I'm bloody uncomfortable speaking Chinese, which I guess is something to be frowned upon where I come from. My dad can't speak Chinese even if it was to save his life, so I think I can blame it on my upbringing. :wink:

It doesn't help that I came from a Methodist private all boys school called 'Anglo-Chinese School'. We're not so much different from private all boys schools around the world in that we seem to get laid more often and all the other guys hate us because of that, but in terms of school fees it wasn't actually that bad. Give or take 70 pounds per month. It's about twice that amount now. Greedy bastards.

I run about three times every week, light weight training in between.

Besides Liverpool FC, I love F1. That's about the only two things I'm really passionate about now.

I have a brother. He supports the Scums. We can't see eye to eye. But I guess it was meant to be. Back in the 1990's, those football sticker books were the rave and we used to buy them every year. I recall seeing a sticker of Vinnie Jones for Wimbledon and thinking "looks like a hard person". I've always trusted my judgment since. Anyway, my brother decided that the team at the top would be the team to support while I, having to fulfill my duty as a brother, chose Liverpool, the team the Scums were due to meet in the FA Cup Final that year. 1995 was it?

Hi everyone
I'm Nigel aka Big Nige(the 'big' is not in reference to my weight btw :lol: )
I'm 21
From Ballymena(town in Northern Ireland)
I'm a joiner
Most enjoy beer, football, women, food and partying, a typical 21 year old lad i guess.
I come from a family of Liverpool fans and have supported them for as long as i can remember. My favourite Liverpool player of all time is Robbie Fowler.

That's it from me.

Big Nige said:
Hi everyone
I'm 21
I'm a joiner
Most enjoy beer, football, women, food and partying, a typical 21 year old lad i guess.
I come from a family of Liverpool fans and have supported them for as long as i can remember. My favourite Liverpool player of all time is Robbie Fowler.

That's it from me.

Welcome to the site mate.

Rosco said:
Big Nige said:
Hi everyone
I'm 21
I'm a joiner

That's it from me.

Welcome to the site mate.

Cheers mate.

Alright Big Nige. :)

I used to know a lad called Nigel. He was an idiot. He called himself 'Big Nige' too.

You claim the "Big" part of your nickname has nothing to do with your weight, then you go on to claim food as one of your passions. I put it to you, Nigel, that you are a fat bastard.

Welcome to the site, you fat cunt.

ShaggyAlonso said:
Alright Big Nige. :)

I used to know a lad called Nigel. He was an idiot. He called himself 'Big Nige' too.

You claim the "Big" part of your nickname has nothing to do with your weight, then you go on to claim food as one of your passions. I put it to you, Nigel, that you are a fat bastard.

Welcome to the site, you fat cnut.

:lol: "Big" as in height mate, good 6'2 i am :D

Hi I;m 26, lived most of my life in the UK but born in the middle east. I work as a lawyer. My job allows me to travel a lot and it's pretty cool.

I have been recently married to a great woman. It was arranged, but I feel very lucky.

I have supported liverpool since 1989.

I live in London, before that southampton and before that the middle east.

I have been to anfield 3 times, all great.

Apart from footie, I like politics, parks, travelling, and eating.

Hi, I’m new.
I’m female and Irish.
Been a Liverpool fan since I saw Brucie Grobbelaar doing his spaghetti legs in the European Cup Final way back in 1984.
I decided I liked the men in red and that was that.
I’ve been to Anfield five times and would love to get over more.
Currently feel slightly ill at the thought of tomorrow night’s match. I hated every moment of the second leg against Barcelona and I know the Chelsea tie is going to be just as buttock-clenchingly nerve-wracking to watch. :shock:

Alright,I'm Insomnia,a Londoner who follows Tottenham,Shiek Mybootie(sp) came over to spurscommunity's forum and let us all know about this site.Just wanted to let you know,the whole of Tottenham are wanting you's to knock Chelski out of the Champions League tonight,good luck lads,always a pleasure when we come up to Liverpool and play you,I've a couple of scouse mates who I stay with and we wind up in Creme or Garlands etc...after the match and get wrecked,my wifes from Chester so these lads are married to her mates,I got plenty of stick after this season's drubbings by you,good luck tonight,I trully hope you stuff em,I'll pop on here from time to time

My name's Darrell (nickname Dee). I'm a 38 year old fan currently living in Monmouth. I've lived in loads of places. Born in Yorkshire to a liverpool obsessive scouse dad. Saw us retain the European Cup at Wembley when I was 10 (although I didn't see the goal). Had a season ticket in the late 80's but moved away to Germany for a while.

Like Sunny I'm a Solution Architect for a large consultancy. Maybe we're colleagues! I've two boys (2 & 5) and have been married forever.

Sport wise I represented my county @ 100m (only in the relay tho') and played left wing for a local team and my school. Not quite as impressive as some posters! Since turning 18 I've settled for watching others and drinking beer :)

When I'm working in the NW I do my best to get a 'spare' for any mid-week games and so see five to ten a season

I'm Dan
I'm 32
I'm 5ft 7" and slim(ish).
I'm married (7 years) to Clare
I'm the father of two lovely boys (3 and 8 months)
I'm a psychotherapist in private practice living in Norwich, and also work in NHS psychiatric units.
I've supported Liverpool since 1981
I've only been Anfield 6 times having been born and raised in London
I've always played footy for local teams but have given up for lack of time.
I'm reseraching a phd linking synchronicity (meaningful coincidence) with psychosis and religion.
I practise Zen buddhism (hence the Buddha username)
I used to be a futures trader (a la Nick Leeson) before re-training into psychotherapy.
I love being a dad and cant wait until the little buddha's start playing footy.

Hey good thread guys..ive really enjoyed reading it..

Similar to Gene i use my real name, which probebly isnt the best idea.

I'm 24 and i was born on merseyside and lived in Southport until i was 4..i then moved to Llandudno, North Wales as my parents were both Welsh. When i turned 19 i moved out to Australia to live.

I just got a new job in a complete shit hole working for the Australian equilivent of the dole.. my spelling and punctuation is woeful as i had my education through the Welsh language..and i was kinda misguided.

I used to be a bit of a shit.. but now i guess im alright. I used to go through women/girls more often than id change my socks but ive been with my girlfriend now for a year and a half and she has calmed me down.

I used to go for qwerky odd mentalcase girls as i found them interesting and exciting.. i realised that they are bad for your health and decided to steer clear.

Ive been a Liverpool fan for as long as i can remember and i recall throwing a football boot in someones face in primary school because they suggested Wimbledon were better!

I was on Koptalk for ages and then moved here.. i was quite upset as i was quite possibly one of the last to hear about it.. which makes me feel unimportant.. boohoo

I read loads of books on coaching and i aim to coach next year and earn my licences.. i used to play a lot before my injury and similar to many of you i probebly think i could have made it as a proffesional if it wasnt for my dodgy back :wink:

I once cracked onto that girl off Coronation street with the kid that dated Ashley for a while.. she was homeless or something? she was at a Super furry animals gig.. needless to say i made a tit of myself.. she was probebly 26 and i was 17.

Umm.. i like all music. i dont smoke much pot anymore so my tastes are slowly easing away from psychadelic weird clicks and pops.

Hi.

gareth_thomas said:
Umm.. i like all music. i dont smoke much pot anymore so my tastes are slowly easing away from psychadelic weird clicks and pops.

lol I can relate to that... :lol:

lo all, seen your link and joined up, hope to have plenty of banter with you all :D

age 31
daughter who's 5
pool fan for over 25 years
from Belfast
admin in other forums and a virgin member here heh heh
...just ask

subby said:
lo all, seen your link and joined up, hope to have plenty of banter with you all :D

Hi Subby. How are you today?

I’m Dave.

Stick with me and you’ll go far.

subby said:

age 31
daughter who's 5
pool fan for over 25 years
from Belfast
admin in other forums and a virgin member here heh heh
...just ask

Howdy Subby. Welcome.

I am Avi. I am currently in Austin, Texas. I was born and brought up in India. Came to the US to for grad studies.Currently finishing up and looking for a job.

I became a Liverpool fan in 1997 when I first got cable TV in my house and started watching the premier league.All my friends were bandwagon jumpers and supported ManU. I hated that and decided to support the club which the Mancs absolutely loathed. Michael Owen also played an important part in me choosing the reds. Once I get a job, I am planing to visit Anfield regularly.

Hi, I'm Faruq

Currently reside in Malaysia

Just turned 19 recently

Am a student studying Mechatronics Engineering at a local Uni

Have been a Red ever since I came back from the US in 1997.

Guess it was just in my blood, coz only after that did I find out that my Uncle is a fellow Red and all my other Uncles have a basic hatred for Man Utd :D

Was quite active during the KT days since there were more Asians (running mad
:p )

Lingered awhile post-KT days before deciding to join here.

Hope everyone can receive me with open arms and not shoot me for my inferior knowledge of football.

Thanks alot. :wink:

Mark/Hardcastle/HC

Just left Sixth Form, am doing exams, off to uni in September - result.

Residing near the shithole that is Huntingdon, great.. Off to Leeds in Sept hopefully..

Work part time as a KP in a restaraunt, just got a 50p payrise, oh yes..

Lifelong Red, posted on Kocktalk from about May till we all got booted in what, August/September? Came here, havent looked back since :roll:

I drink alot, no longer smoke, its just plain dirty.

I play 5 aside football once a week...so yeah, Viva la Six Crazy Minutes..

I really like this thread, it turned out great thanks all who have added.

Back
Top Bottom