• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Goalkeepers this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

rurikbird

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member

Makes sense, I guess - Kelleher is staying and Pitaluga needs real game experience.

So glad that at least the club have the sense to keep Kelleher around and not send him out on loan as some here have suggested, for experience.

A long term injury to Ali and we'd be fucked fucked fucked (even a short term one when we need to keep in step with City). Adrian FFS.

Kelleher is a big part of why we had such as run at the quad last season. I want that again SvP but with better results.

So if Karius and Adrian are released, that point leaves Ali and Kellher as senior keepers right?

Predictably the thread turns into Adrian-bashing. I’m starting to doubt whether we’re indeed the “happiest fans in the world”…

The happiness was reduced when Lord Divock left.

I think it is fair enough to say that Adrian isn't very good. It's just true. He isn't.

For my money that's a bit unfair and reflects the Atletico game overmuch. Adrian was signed as cover all along, emergencies put him in the firing-line a lot more often than anyone expected, along the way he made some excellent saves alongside dropping those rickets, and we won a trophy with him in goal. I admit our re-signing him surprised me but I'll trust the club's judgment rather than ours all day long.

For my money that's a bit unfair and reflects the Atletico game overmuch. Adrian was signed as cover all along, emergencies put him in the firing-line a lot more often than anyone expected, along the way he made some excellent saves alongside dropping those rickets, and we won a trophy with him in goal. I admit our re-signing him surprised me but I'll trust the club's judgment rather than ours all day long.

Also, to be fair Adrian did really well in the 1 game he played last season. Obviously I wouldn't want him to start a CL elimination game, but I don't see why having him as 3rd choice brings out so much criticism.

Also, to be fair Adrian did really well in the 1 game he played last season. Obviously I wouldn't want him to start a CL elimination game, but I don't see why having him as 3rd choice brings out so much criticism.

I just think it's pointless. Your 3rd choice keeper is almost always going to be shit, because they just never have to play. Tbh we're doing well to have a decent 2nd choice one, because that probably won't last. Kelleher will want out eventually.

I believe the role of Adrian the 3rd choice keeper is help out as a coach for the first two, keep the strikers sharp in training, be a source off fun in the dressing room, sit on the bench happily, and be good enough to step in when calamity strikes. I'm not sure who else we want in that role.....

Are we sure this isn't Dreamy back under a different moniker?
I think he's exploiting the vacuum left by Dreamy's departure. Like a stunted stripling in the shadow of a large tree, that suddenly springs into the light when the other tree strops off in a huff because he's getting shit for his brainless opinions.

sub-buzz-9615-1498239180-9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom