• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Mo Contract Saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps that's why we left Salah's contract to the end, because it's the most expensive and we hoped that he'd see the way we got rid of wijnaldum, and seemed disinterested in whether or not the captain followed him out the door. You'd expect Salah would look at those things and not get brave during his negotiations, a nice idea but what can you do when the other party reaches for the injections.

I’m looking forward to Man U/CityNewcastle signing haaland and watch van Dijk and Konate make him look an absolute bitch.
I dont trust that league at all. Could not give a fuck if they signed Haaland. Also Haaland has the type of physique that makes me think he will be a right old fat bastard by the time he is 26

I dont trust that league at all. Could not give a fuck if they signed Haaland. Also Haaland has the type of physique that makes me think he will be a right old fat bastard by the time he is 26
But he could be put right old fat bastard.

Haaland an old fat bastard by the time he’s 26 - honestly doubt it - 26 is young even in football terms …he’s quirky and likes to look good, so I reckon he will look after himself
And he will remain fit ..time will tell…

Is this really fair though?
We sold our best player a few years ago, and signed two players who took our team from being really good to great.
It's obviously better to keep Salah but if we cannot afford 400k/week (I don't know) for whatever reason, we won't necessarily sink as we did when we sold Suarez.

Right. We can take the transfer money and buy 2 players who each want 200k/week. Sorted.

Sancho is big time overrated and a defensive liability.

defensive liability can be coached out of him - no?
I think his strengths are what they need to get the best out of Ronaldo, who is undroppable.
THey play two strikers on the flanks who don't get the ball into a striker who doesn't do anything but score (sometimes).
It's why they were more dangerous with Cavani ...

No offence but I'd rather have one Salah than three Origis.

If that's the options, sure.
But there's a good chance we won't be able/want to offer Mo what he wants - so it's Mo for the last year, or Bellingham and an attacking talent Klopp wants ... Those may be our options.

In case it's not obvious, I'd love if we keep Salah - if he stays with us for 5-6 years, it's 150+ goals most likely.
Best case scenario is if we sign him and bring in talent ... Just not sure if that's going to happen ...

Maybe we've seen that he is playing for a payrise and are stalling to stretch out his run of games.

I wonder if we are secretly trying to sort out lower pay deals for mane and firmino first, and whatever is left in the budget goes to salah

It would be a brave decision from an executive to move Salah on, especially as the consequence would seem to be even more expensive. Forgive my math but 500k for 52 weeks over, say 4 years, would be £26m p.a or £104m in total.

Surely replacements would be as much as that in transfer fees alone and before wages?

Obviously other considerations such as increasing demands from other players, image rights etc etc are a factor but the economics don't seem too complicated.

Only source I'm seeing on 500k is 'Football Insider', so I'd take it with a grain of salt. I don't think you make a clear statement saying you'd like to retire here and then demand a 150% increase on wages.

Haaland an old fat bastard by the time he’s 26 - honestly doubt it - 26 is young even in football terms …he’s quirky and likes to look good, so I reckon he will look after himself
And he will remain fit ..time will tell…

Haaland has had several niggeling injuries in the last few months now. Bit of a concern in all honesty. Not sure if its because he's been playing to much, or if Dortmund started him to soon after his last injury. But he's out again and wont return until December.

As for Salah. Just get it done. Best player in the World and has a physique that would see him play at this level for several years.

Only source I'm seeing on 500k is 'Football Insider', so I'd take it with a grain of salt. I don't think you make a clear statement saying you'd like to retire here and then demand a 150% increase on wages.

Football Insider and Ross.

Haaland has had several niggeling injuries in the last few months now. Bit of a concern in all honesty. Not sure if its because he's been playing to much, or if Dortmund started him to soon after his last injury. But he's out again and wont return until December.

As for Salah. Just get it done. Best player in the World and has a physique that would see him play at this level for several years.

didnt realise he was out till December with injury. Yeh agree injuries frequent in a player are a concern..I guess time will tell..

agree on Salah ! :)

It's one of those where you bloody well find the money. He's on 200k, and by all accounts something around 350k would get it done. If we have to move 2-4 squaddies/kids on to pay him, then you do it. If you have to go and whore yourself to a few corporate entities for sponsorship then you do it. He isn't just pissing on other golden boot pretenders in the league, he isn't just in the running for the most prestigious player award in the world, he isn't just the Egyptian king and a messiah to a whole host of people in Africa and the muslim world, he is keeping all eyes in world football on us. Sort it, end of.

This is it. The increase in wages can be met by shifting one of Chamberlain or Keita off the books, or replacing both with one midfielder who can actually keep fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom