• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Mo Contract Saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why all the discussion over how/whether we can afford Mo's wages. I am pretty sure we would have no problem affording 400K per week; where I assume the problem lies is whether we can afford the potential knock on effect to the salary structure for the club and that is what is causing the club to procrastinate (if, indeed, that is what they are doing).

You can get rid of all the Oxs and Minaminos you want to free up 400K for Salah, but who do you get rid of to free up 380 K for Mane, Van Dijk, Henderson, Firmino etc

Yes, he is, but that doesn't automatically dispose of the issues Tom raises, rightly in my view. We all (including Mo himself) want this settled so that he stays, but it just isn't as simple as "Pay the man".

a99f1d2975f34a2d774613a5b6d47faa.jpg

Fr

You'd think from some posts that we have zero bargaining power in this or other contracts. We're Liverpool fucking football club! We're not no mark FC. We have 6 big ears, 19 titles, arguably the best coach in the world, and undoubtedly one of the most awe inspiring stadiums and atmospheres in club football.
We pay fair wages, we give increases and bonuses as due but we're never held over a barrell. If you want to be a merc like Gini the ghost, or if you simply MUST play for a Spanish club that's a shadow of it's former self, fine....Fuck off! If you want to play here and have a great chance of winning something though, then you meet us halfway. Also, I'd like to think the players are generally smart enough to realise the situation, and act accordingly.

If any of them end up a genuine contender for best player in the world and start scorimg as many as Salah has done for a number of seasons, they can ask for it too. Truth is that he's a level above everyone else we have.
VVD came third didn’t he? He’s considering by many to be the best cb in the world.

Second I think, but goal scorers always get paid more, rightly. VVD should certainly have a fairly hefty salary too, but he's still a step below Salah in terms of what he should be getting.
Of course but if Salah gets 450, I can see VVD and Allison and Trent and Robbo all claiming to also be the best in their position and want circa 250-300

Just saw this (2:09 onwards):

Blimey! Well that was sound of him to say. A little odd in the current zeitgeist of cut-throat footballers et al. Honest though and I enjoyed him saying it. He's just levelled up in my opinion.

Yes, he is, but that doesn't automatically dispose of the issues Tom raises, rightly in my view. We all (including Mo himself) want this settled so that he stays, but it just isn't as simple as "Pay the man".
Well yes and no. It would seem to be an issue but then almost everyone realises Mo is at least one or two levels above them all. No one gets mentioned week in week out as the best player in the world unless they are at that level.

For comparison Messi or Ronaldo at Barca/Real, because they are paid fortunes it didn't mean their team-mates were paid anything close to them.

I think a large factor behind Barca's fatal wage bill was the Messi salary - not that it on its own broke them or that every other player wanted the same, but a rising tide floats all boats, and when the ceiling is so high its easier for lesser players to get that extra 50-100K per week.

I am not saying every other player is worth as much as Mo, but what i am saying is that there is potential for an overall upward impact on the salary scales if he is paid the fortune he deserves

I actually believe this will get sorted and he will sign, but i can understand the club being cautious over how they structure it

If we can do this on a heavily performance based contract, I've got no issues with Mo being given the chance to earn the figures being mentioned.

If not.......

Taking into account his age and the length of this new deal, I can understand why the club maybe think this is not as straight forward as most of our fans do.

I'm telling you, he's off to PSG or Real for 150M. We need the dough to fund a redevelopment of the squad.

Also, he'll be half as good elsewhere. Klopp makes players play 50% higher than other managers

Also, he'll be half as good elsewhere. Klopp makes players play 50% higher than other managers

I think that may be true. But, Mo really does pay for himself even at the wages suggested - in goals and shirt sales, so I really do not get the issue.

His goals could dry up a bit, but his fitness is incredible and he does seem to live mostly a monk’s life like Milner.

Could he be as productive elsewhere? In Spain and PSG, where there is minimal domestic competition, probably. In CL, I doubt it.

I think that may be true. But, Mo really does pay for himself even at the wages suggested - in goals and shirt sales, so I really do not get the issue.

His goals could dry up a bit, but his fitness is incredible and he does seem to live mostly a monk’s life like Milner.

Could he be as productive elsewhere? In Spain and PSG, where there is minimal domestic competition, probably. In CL, I doubt it.

So - does he pay for himself in goals and shirt sales? Anyone got the financials on that?

So - does he pay for himself in goals and shirt sales? Anyone got the financials on that?

Right. I made that up, but it has to be close. Plus, he definitely adds to our viewership and how many games get televised, which provides additional payments to the club.

I honestly dont think he would goto PSG, dont think he wants to be used by any of the Arab owning teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom