• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Mo Contract Saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salah will agree a new contract, and I wouldnt be surprised if he retires a Liverpool player.
Really do think it'll be announced around Christmas time, it makes sense, it's just long enough not to be an immediate spit in the face to the previous extensions when he clearly gets paid 50-100k more than them all.

Really do think it'll be announced around Christmas time, it makes sense, it's just long enough not to be an immediate spit in the face to the previous extensions when he clearly gets paid 50-100k more than them all.
It’s obvious to us that Salah is worth more in wages than the rest of the squad, he’s world class and our regular match-winner. I can’t believe any of our players can’t put their egos to one side long enough to see that too.

I'm sure they can, but I'm far from sure how much difference it'll make and for that reason I can fully understand the owners' apparent wish to tread carefully.

Every week he can justify being paid a ten grand more per week. If FSG did this back in our winless run Salah might have taken 250k a week. It's easy to be tight about these things, but clearly also FSG like to be slow and methodical and that could cost us here.

Like mentioned above, we will prob sell Firmino or sign him up to a reduced contract, and Mane has an unclear status, so we need Salah even more so in this context

I've no problem with a 5 year deal. If he does fall apart after three he could go to one of the clubs actually based in the Gulf. They will pay a fee and the huge wages.

Maybe instead of performance bonuses we need 'youre shit' bonuses with a dropped wage for lack of winning contributions etc

"Bluebell also said you were poor, so I think we're going to have to review this idea"

"Look, Fabio on sixcrazyminutes called you a 'liability', and said 'FUCK SAKE MANE" 4 times in their match thread. That's a 10% paycut this week I'm afraid"
"Sorry Bobby, Brendan said you're a melt and Thiagoballer on Twitter said you're a nonce, so even though you scored a hattrick we take half your wages"

Has anyone noticed how Salah is pandering to the fans more so than ever atm with a contract on the line? Where’s the moody I barely celebrate Salah Gone. He’s banging in the goals but he’s also playing to the fans expertly as well to pile the pressure on FSG to give him what he wants.

Has anyone noticed how Salah is pandering to the fans more so than ever atm with a contract on the line? Where’s the moody I barely celebrate Salah Gone. He’s banging in the goals but he’s also playing to the fans expertly as well to pile the pressure on FSG to give him what he wants.

There might be a bit of that. But I think a lot of it is he is genuinely enjoying his football now. He is the best player in the world, he knows it, everyone knows it. He has arrived at this point through a combination of talent and incredible dedication and devotion to the game, fitness, etc and he is basking in the glow and deservedly so. He is in a good place mentally and that is being reflected in the way he plays and the way he reacts.

I wish the rest our players would pander to the fans by putting in world class performances twice a week

Mane made Dias look slow when he took off for his goal on Sunday, and the finish was ace. Rumours of his demise may have been exaggerated. Hopefully it was just a blip

Yep 5 goals in 9 games so far this season. In terms of his output, that's arguably back to his best, and as you say, there's certainty more than enough glimpses his movement, pace and build up play are coming back, too. Fingers crossed. It won't be long until defenders are doubling up on Salah, meaning Sadio will be getting increased room. We need Mane fit and firing to be able to capitalise on that. Him finishing with 20+ goals will be essential in our title charge.

Sadio has been quietly getting back to his best in terms of numbers and shots etc. 4 goals in 7 league games is very good.
Long may it continue.

Mane’s movement and finish for his goal was as good as he’s ever been.

Fuck the knee jerk naysayers!

243264019_4783022475043904_7439463090947849964_n.jpg

Am I the only one in the world who thinks he will no longer be at the current level he is at when his contract expires ? - I think that is why FSG are not moving, they can get the best of him on his current contract and let it expire. Also don't think if Klopp is still around that things would work out well for any member of our front line once they have lost their pace. In our system - you need pacey wingers and you know Mo will not be that fast in 3 seasons time.

Am I the only one in the world who thinks he will no longer be at the current level he is at when his contract expires ? - I think that is why FSG are not moving, they can get the best of him on his current contract and let it expire. Also don't think if Klopp is still around that things would work out well for any member of our front line once they have lost their pace. In our system - you need pacey wingers and you know Mo will not be that fast in 3 seasons time.

He will most likely not be worth the wages in the last one or two years of his contract. But if he maintains this level for the next three years that should offset the cost. We are talking about one of the most effective attackers in the world and in the history of our club.

He will most likely not be worth the wages in the last one or two years of his contract. But if he maintains this level for the next three years that should offset the cost. We are talking about one of the most effective attackers in the world and in the history of our club.

Rumoured wage is 320k per week, but apparently the sticking point is image rights which arent included yet.

Rumoured wage is 320k per week, but apparently the sticking point is image rights which arent included yet.

Well, image rights are currently being fully exploited by the club, so I can imagine that might be a sticking point.

I wouldn't let him wind down his contract.... the owners have shown that they will not even stretch the finances to -ve £30m. We are a sell to buy club. So if Mo doesn't sign, I'd sell him to Newcastle for £150m. With that we can buy 3 players whose sum value/contribution is more than Mo Salah. The point is we shouldn't let him walk for free.

Sounds plausible. Salah is a fairly unique player from an image perspective, truly global appeal, no-one else cuts through into Africa and the Arab world like he does.
His image rights are genuinely valuable, but there’ll be tax issues involved which will make it expensive for the club if they can’t persuade HMRC of their value. They might be taking their time building evidence (economic studies and valuation reports) or even persuading HMRC on the valuation up front.
There was historically a gentleman’s agreement that up to 20% of salary was OK but that has been removed so there’s lots of uncertainty now).

I wouldn't let him wind down his contract.... the owners have shown that they will not even stretch the finances to -ve £30m. We are a sell to buy club. So if Mo doesn't sign, I'd sell him to Newcastle for £150m. With that we can buy 3 players whose sum value/contribution is more than Mo Salah. The point is we shouldn't let him walk for free.
Bloody hell, who?

Bloody hell, who?

How much of Salah's achievement is down to Klopp? Klopp and the lads have a good record of finding alternatives.

None of us thought Salah was going to be this much of a success, I know when he was being mentioned as signing (back then) many of us were calling him a "kick and run merchant".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom